Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1078653 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 28, 2015
berexio1:
It depends a lot on the occupation in the areas you listed. But for an undergraduate, please forget the idea of working while schooling except on holidays!
I thought international students are allocated 20 hours to work per week?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 5:25pm On Jun 28, 2015
AgapeCharis:
I thought international students are allocated 20 hours to work per week?
Ofcourse they are..But for an undergraduate, I won't advise you to work cos it would affect ur studies. You need to know what the workload is like for an undergrad over there..U go see work dey run sef say u wan concentrate..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 28, 2015
berexio1:
Ofcourse they are..But for an undergraduate, I won't advise you to work cos it would affect ur studies. You need to know what the workload is like for an undergrad over there..U go see work dey run sef say u wan concentrate..
Lol! Thanks. I'm looking at either Alberta or Ontario province. How you see am?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 5:47pm On Jun 28, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Lol! Thanks. I'm looking at either Alberta or Ontario province. How you see am?
Na top big places u select so..Alberta good for engineering/oil and gas. Ontario province has Ottawa city as Capital of canada so I expect trade and Industry to be viable.
Btw what course are u looking at?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by invincible2006: 5:48pm On Jun 28, 2015
KELVIN086:

when applying for admission to usask did you email any professors and how long did it take them to give you a reply
i emailed some profs and i've not received any reply since the past 2 weeks and admission for fall ends july 30.

No I haven't email any potential supervisor...I think it depends on your department and the course, some departments require you to get a supervisor first and some doesn't.

Actually after the department review my application, a professor (also happens to be the graduate chair of our department) contact me saying he's so much interested in my application, my grades, and what I wrote in my Statement Of Purpose. He told me his area of reaserch interest and ask me if I'm interested in doing my reaserch with him and offer to give me full funding if I'm interested, but he ask me to define my own reaserch topic and what I know in the field of my reaserch topic to know if I'm worthy of the award.

Check some few pages back on this thread, I have shared some tips on getting a potential reaserch supervisor.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by asihap(m): 5:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
Helo guys! I applied for postgraduate diploma on international business in thompson rivers university, canada. But I'm a BSc holder in Human anatomy. But my reasons of going for the programm is because I intent heading a co-operative body on importion of medical equipment in delta state. My elder broda is my sponsor of about 11 million naira in his account. The problem is that I have been deny of US visa 3x. I submitted my application on the 5th of june at canada embassy in lagos. Wil there deny me my application because I was deny US visa 3x? Pls I reali nid ur reply cos I'm tense up for sure
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 5:52pm On Jun 28, 2015
@Team 12, no gree for them oo..Nobody should 'know' u only ur husband oo from the biblical point of view...

Just as Adam knew eve!

And you don't belong to everybody..**winks**

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team16(m): 6:21pm On Jun 28, 2015
juggernaut07:

I applied to Ucalgary but not to Chemical Engrg Dept (ECE)
No problem, I want us to share info. What stage are you in now as regards your application. Do you have a supervisor yet. From my past readings I noticed that nobody applied to that school. That's why I popped my question. I stand to be corrected though. That's my choice school for now. Like I said b4 I've read most of the parts n I believe with time I'll still go down to 5,4,3,2,1. So we can share what we know with each n help ourselves, and also for our silent followers to benefit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 6:26pm On Jun 28, 2015
aretheytheron:
Page 100, New week.... Lemme be the first to bring good news to the house. MEDICAL PASSED, waiting for pp reques..

congrats... how many days did it take to process ur medicals from the day u did it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by richcasey: 6:27pm On Jun 28, 2015
So guys I dey go Accra come go visit the VO for dia....... Ooya send in your requests.
grin grin grin

I don vexzzzzzz

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by juggernaut07: 6:50pm On Jun 28, 2015
Team16:

No problem, I want us to share info. What stage are you in now as regards your application. Do you have a supervisor yet. From my past readings I noticed that nobody applied to that school. That's why I popped my question. I stand to be corrected though. That's my choice school for now. Like I said b4 I've read most of the parts n I believe with time I'll still go down to 5,4,3,2,1. So we can share what we know with each n help ourselves, and also for our silent followers to benefit.
No wahala!!
I have submitted my application since March sha. It is under review. ECE applicants for M.Sc don't need to find or contact a supervisor. I think the deadline for Winter 2016 has closed o.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by aretheytheron(m): 6:57pm On Jun 28, 2015
kennykentipsy:

congrats... how many days did it take to process ur medicals from the day u did it?
5 days, did it at children practice
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 28, 2015
Team12:
Who be this? Na wao! Nigerians...even person Moniker too nor safe again ooo shocked shocked....

Lol!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 28, 2015
berexio1:
Na top big places u select so..Alberta good for engineering/oil and gas. Ontario province has Ottawa city as Capital of canada so I expect trade and Industry to be viable.
Btw what course are u looking at?
Civil engineering.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 7:11pm On Jun 28, 2015
richcasey:
So guys I dey go Accra come go visit the VO for dia....... Ooya send in your requests.
grin grin grin

I don vexzzzzzz
Just carry my TRV come back or else....Safe trip bro!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by MidnightinParis: 7:12pm On Jun 28, 2015
ADEMOLAAAUA:
Hello, I applied for Fall 2016 at University of Manitoba for Msc in chemistry, please am having issues in getting a Supervisor,have mailed and no response for a while nw, Can someone pls advise on what to do. Thanks.
I'm going to Uni of Manitoba for Fall 2015....though different department.

My advice is that you mail the graduate chair in your department or someone that can respond quickly on whether you need a supervisor to secure an admission. I got admission without even knowing you have to contact a lecturer!

I later mailed a Prof in my dept after visiting NL and discovered my dept allows students to resume and actually get to know the lecturers very well so they can actually choose who fits their interest, and not just because you want an admission.

So, I am heading to U of M hopefully. ..no supervisor...I ve got admission and some funding.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 28, 2015
Team16:

@Team 16, it will really be nice if u can adopt a unique Moniker that will identify you for who you are and what you bring to the table... However, with this ya team16 Moniker, one will need to be extra careful so as not to mistake your comments for that of Team12.

TRV No be by Moniker oo. No disrespect dear

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ElCapt: 7:20pm On Jun 28, 2015
asihap:
Helo guys! I applied for postgraduate diploma on international business in thompson rivers university, canada. But I'm a BSc holder in Human anatomy. But my reasons of going for the programm is because I intent heading a co-operative body on importion of medical equipment in delta state. My elder broda is my sponsor of about 11 million naira in his account. The problem is that I have been deny of US visa 3x. I submitted my application on the 5th of june at canada embassy in lagos. Wil there deny me my application because I was deny US visa 3x? Pls I reali nid ur reply cos I'm tense up for sure

Hey.

Hope you submitted a strong SOP especially as regards the course change?

Apart from that, if you include the required documents in your application and cross checked all loopholes, I see no reason why you should be denied your TRV.

All you have to do is wait and take some of this too grin

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Edoblakky(m): 7:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
aretheytheron:

5 days, did it at children practice
5 days or 5 working days? I did mine on the 25th June at Q Life Hospital in VI. I'm expecting to see a good result this coming week.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by john4affiliate: 7:47pm On Jun 28, 2015
asihap:

Pray hard bro your bsc must match what you wanted to do in canny that is "purpose of traveling"
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 7:50pm On Jun 28, 2015
Edoblakky:
5 days or 5 working days? I did mine on the 25th June at Q Life Hospital in VI. I'm expecting to see a good result this coming week.

did mine on the 24th at IOM Ikeja
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by aretheytheron(m): 8:06pm On Jun 28, 2015
Edoblakky:
Wednesday, 24th
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Edoblakky(m): 8:16pm On Jun 28, 2015
aretheytheron:

Wednesday, 24th
And you already can see that the result has been received? Lemme track again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 8:17pm On Jun 28, 2015
I think am changing my name to Team10
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by aretheytheron(m): 8:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
Edoblakky:
And you already can see that the result has been received? Lemme track again.
What do you have? Cic Page says review of medical result...(Passed)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 8:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
ADEMOLAAAUA:
Hello, I applied for Fall 2016 at University of Manitoba for Msc in chemistry, please am having issues in getting a Supervisor,have mailed and no response for a while nw, Can someone pls advise on what to do. Thanks.

I think you should try to follow up your mails with calls. Be adviced to be sure of the time difference before calling......u dont want to be calling at 2am. Your persistence would go along way.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team16(m): 8:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
juggernaut07:

No wahala!!
I have submitted my application since March sha. It is under review. ECE applicants for M.Sc don't need to find or contact a supervisor. I think the deadline for Winter 2016 has closed o.

OK. My department has no admission for winter, it's only spring n fall which is better for me, n the apps for spring closes by Nov 30. I'll keep tabs with you to know how long your app stays under review b4 admission is offered, also check for funding for your department so that you don't miss out. Thanks boss.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Edoblakky(m): 8:26pm On Jun 28, 2015
aretheytheron:

Wednesday, 24th
If you did yours on 24th, then today is only 4 days after not 5.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by bimbofela: 8:28pm On Jun 28, 2015
[quote author=taiwokazx post=35248742][/quote]

Oh ok. Thanks for the reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Edoblakky(m): 8:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
aretheytheron:

What do you have? Cic Page says review of medical result...(Passed)
It says my application is being processed in CVC in Accra.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team16(m): 8:33pm On Jun 28, 2015
NittaJ:

@Team 16, it will really be nice if u can adopt a unique Moniker that will identify you for who you are and what you bring to the table... However, with this ya team16 Moniker, one will need to be extra careful so as not to mistake your comments for that of Team12.

TRV No be by Moniker oo. No disrespect dear

Copy that. Me na christain o n there's a place in the bible that I read which says imitate me as I imitate christ. One church self has a way they plate their hair because of who they want to model their life after. Even for bible, it's written that let it be done to you according to your faith. So biko if my believe is that through this way my TRV is sure, nwanne bikokwa leave it 4 me. Na my choice. It's my faith. Y do you tap into others blessings?. Please, die this matter we are done with this issue. I've acknowledged Team12 n she's cool with it, so i am not plagiarising. N/B. Canada does not like plagiarism

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by aretheytheron(m): 8:47pm On Jun 28, 2015
Edoblakky:
It says my application is being processed in CVC in Accra.
Have you submitted your pp? If yes, when did you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.