Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1076296 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 4:22pm On Aug 07, 2015
soji0509:
And you say you are NOT a comedian by profession...! Haha u 2 much bro. But for your infomation, Team12 go don spoil market grin grin grin
She don promise Oga Phemmy the full daily produce of UAC . I know u can't beat that grin grin grin

Lol, Nigerians and promising grin Who don ever fulfil am, shey na d same one wey GEJ and Baba go slow promise us so, oga fhemmy book your Gala now and stop looking for free things, you don tey for canada, haba grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 4:25pm On Aug 07, 2015
Just got my reply from VAC

Please be informed that your application is currently in transit, please visit the application centre from next week with your collection slip, between 0800 am and 0330pm, Mon-Fri.

SantoFilz, guess we'll meet at VFS. Meet me on FB so we can discuss the details.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 4:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
chrisviral:

Lol, Nigerians and promising grin Who don ever fulfil am, shey na d same one wey GEJ and Baba go slow promise us so, oga fhemmy book your Gala now and stop looking for free things, you don tey for canada, haba grin

$5 for Gala? Are you a learner.

My own na $10...No discounts cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by adNEXT: 4:36pm On Aug 07, 2015
thesoj:
You are welcome.
It depends on your definition of affordable. In any case, see this pdf file for a comprehensive list of all post-secondary and PGD programs in Canadian colleges. Look through the pdf for all the schools that offer your course, then go to each website and see their annual tuition costs.

@richcasey, please could you add this pdf link to your list? it would be helpful to all prospective PGD applicants moving forward.
@adNEXT, universities also offer few PGDs and you can search for those here.

Tkns bro.. You are the man!!
Please is Durham college cool? Considering the prospect of job , province eligibility and PR
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Fhemmmy: 4:36pm On Aug 07, 2015
chrisviral:

I hereby book for my gala oh.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Fhemmmy: 4:38pm On Aug 07, 2015
chrisviral:

I swear, i dont mind to pay for the gala oh. . . . I just want gala
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by soji0509: 4:39pm On Aug 07, 2015
This is the best thing to ever happen ! QED . I love it.
Missed some international offer many years back as they seize my entire "life" for nothing less than 4 months.
I mean certificates and travel documents.
You can just imagine the anguish for 4 solid months only for them to return all the docs as submitted with the denial reason : No proof of studentship. This is even when original school fees receipt plus original addmission letter are put as the 2st and 3rd document - the Trv app being the 1st. No online route then. If it is true, it is the best decision ever. On can have many application run in parallel into different countries.
Joe980:
Chai Chai, there is Goduu ooo! Don't go there please...what's the difference between this approach and online application? As long as they don't lay hands on original documents submitted via online route then your thought ain't loyal wink. They have solid ways of document verification.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Godymn: 4:55pm On Aug 07, 2015
bonushadow:

@Godynm. Adding up to what @TheBea has said.
They won't have reasons to ask for the proof if you follow suit. FYI NAIT & SAIT I Gz have similar application steps.(usually ask for Eng. proficiency proof).
So long as have mInimum Eng. C6 in your WAEC/or NECO.
To prove that to them,ff steps
*if your doing paper route application; include a WAEC/or NECO scratch card in your application envelop.( Un-scratched o!)
*if Online route; snap the scratch card side bearing the pin 1st(fig. 1), before scratching it to unveil the pin(now showing the pin) then make another snap showing the pin (fig 2).
Upload both afterwards.(Point: both pic's shows evidence of authenticity). Such worked for a friend.
Thou. I will also advice you call the admission office to aline this *online route step to them.
All the best.

Thanks bonushadow for the addition. I'll following your guidelines when applying. I'll also write to the school get more insight.

Please, do you know if NAIT needs one to send their transcript via courier or they allow scan documents?

***Appreciate***
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 4:55pm On Aug 07, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Me serious, which province you dey? I'm heading to Montreal, How will you get it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by soji0509: 4:56pm On Aug 07, 2015
Oga mi to sure, Fine sir.
Oga Siga hinted the last time that he is running an academic program in addition to full time work consequently, his availability will be reduced.
The man has an awesome temperament and couldn't have been so offended by any one her. Soon he will join us again. Best wishes to us all sir
Fhemmmy:

The Chairman himself, God is taking care of His people oh and so sad to know that AB is in financial trouble and woes, who could have thought such 3 years ago, BUT i am sure that the province will bounce back because Oil per barrel wont remain so low forever, world economy will get better and demand for Oil will shoot up again.... Chairman Siga is doing great, just surprise i dont read him much lately on this thread, i hope he was not angered by one of the people here.
How is life at your end?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 4:57pm On Aug 07, 2015
Graviton2:

$5 for Gala? Are you a learner.

My own na $10...No discounts cheesy

You fit kill person sha grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2015
chrisviral:

You fit kill person sha grin cheesy

You already know!!! Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by BaaleofMontreal: 5:00pm On Aug 07, 2015
chrisviral:

I neva land.
How will you collect the gala?

Carry am when u dey come , I go come airport to welcome you to Montreal only if you bring gala

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by BaaleofMontreal: 5:02pm On Aug 07, 2015
chrisviral:

U say? shocked shocked shocked

Please oo special Announcement, for those in Canada, for your gala, just Hala me, I sell 2 Gala for 5 CAD, yes you read write, contact me before 16th to order.

America, baaleofmontreal, fhemmy, chrigo, Mavisbleek, all of una oo

No free egusi parol for you again, 100$ per plate of egusi

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Fhemmmy: 5:03pm On Aug 07, 2015
chrisviral:

Me serious, which province you dey? I'm heading to Montreal, How will you get it?

I am in Ontario and from whereever you are, it could be sent to be via post, please no fail me oh . . . . tongue tongue tongue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Fhemmmy: 5:04pm On Aug 07, 2015
soji0509:
Oga mi to sure, Fine sir.
Oga Siga hinted the last time that he is running an academic program in addition to full time work consequently, his availability will be reduced.
The man has an awesome temperament and couldn't have been so offended by any one her. Soon he will join us again. Best wishes to us all sir

I can understand, it is not easy being on this thread and always nice to know that there are very good people around that can always answer questions . . . . The more we are in Canada, the better joooo . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by BaaleofMontreal: 5:05pm On Aug 07, 2015
Padike:
Finally touched down canada last night. Canada is beautiful

Welcome

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 5:13pm On Aug 07, 2015
Please oh, all those requesting for Gala. Iis one allowed to bring Gala in? Because I know some countries will not let you bring anything that has beef/pork in. So please clarify. Is it allowed?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 07, 2015
For online application, should documents be scanned as coloured,black and white or on grey scale?
Please help!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 5:19pm On Aug 07, 2015
hurrpe:
For online application, should documents be scanned as coloured,black and white or on grey scale?
Please help!!!!

Coloured...Make sure the documents are clear and legible.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 5:20pm On Aug 07, 2015
FYI, make sure you only select programs that are either "graduate certificate" or "post-graduate diploma" if you don't want difficulty convincing the VO for a visa.

Per Durham College, I don't know for sure. FYI, I don't live in Canada though I've visited twice in the past. What I know from extensive reading (I'm doing research for my sister who is applying for a Canada study TRV) is that Ontario is the least easy province for PR. Durham College is in Ontario... if your goal is ease to PR then I'd recommend other provinces. But I will defer to the ogas in Canada like @Fhemmmy to address this question.

adNEXT:

Tkns bro.. You are the man!!
Please is Durham college cool? Considering the prospect of job , province eligibility and PR
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 5:24pm On Aug 07, 2015
TheBae:
Please oh, all those requesting for Gala. Iis one allowed to bring Gala in? Because I know some countries will not let you bring anything that has beef/pork in. So please clarify. Is it allowed?

I know 2 people who travelled with LARGE quantities of Gala and Indomie...I know another who asked his aunt to bring in a 5litre jar of Palmwine and Suya when she came visiting. I didn't believe until he posted a photo of it on IG. cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 5:26pm On Aug 07, 2015
Indomie is allowed. As for suya and gala, is it allowed in Canada? I highly doubt that it is. Please throw more light on this @fhemmmy, @baaleofmontreal, @thesoj, @justwise etc
Graviton2:

I know 2 people who travelled with Gala and Indomie...I know another who asked his aunt to bring in a 5litre jar of Palmwine and Suya when she came visiting. I didn't believe until he posted a photo of it on IG.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Fhemmmy: 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
thesoj:
FYI, make sure you only select programs that are either "graduate certificate" or "post-graduate diploma" if you don't want difficulty convincing the VO for a visa.

Per Durham College, I don't know for sure. FYI, I don't live in Canada though I've visited twice in the past. What I know from extensive reading (I'm doing research for my sister who is applying for a Canada study TRV) is that Ontario is the least easy province for PR. Durham College is in Ontario... if your goal is ease to PR then I'd recommend other provinces. But I will defer to the ogas in Canada like @Fhemmmy to address this question.

I think before leaving Nigeria, people should look at where they could easily get VISA first and once in Canada, you can start worrying about PR...I do agree with you on that other provinces might be a lot easier because they need people so they will do more to accommodate and lure people to their province.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Fhemmmy: 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2015
TheBae:
Indomie is allowed. As for suya and gala, is it allowed? @fhemmmy, @baaleofmontreal, @thesoj, etc

They are not really allowed, but you have to hide them away . . . because they are processed meat.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2015
BaaleofMontreal:

No free egusi parol for you again, 100$ per plate of egusi

shocked shocked

Chrisviral, Yawa don gas!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2015
BaaleofMontreal:

Oga, abeg no forget bring gala o
why are Canadians requesting for gala a friend asked me to bring gala along
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2015
Oho! Because I know it is not allowed and people keep asking for it. People need to be careful so they don't get fined for nothing
Fhemmmy:

They are not really allowed, but you have to hide them away . . . because they are processed meat.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Fhemmmy: 5:35pm On Aug 07, 2015
TheBae:
Oho! Because I know it is not allowed and people keep asking for it. People need to be careful so they don't get fined for nothing

No one will fine you for such, they will seize it and you go your way and they go theirs . . . I am sure some of those custom sef will be eating the gala . . . Lol tongue tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Fhemmmy: 5:36pm On Aug 07, 2015
BaaleofMontreal:

Oga, abeg no forget bring gala o

I am the only one certified to ask for Gala on this thread oh . . . . take ya time abeg
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 5:37pm On Aug 07, 2015
Yeah I have to agree with @Fhemmmy. My mom once took lots of gala to the US and it was all thrown right into the trash at the airport. A sad day it was embarassed. Canada and US have similar rules when it comes to what they allow at the airport. But it is true that you can sometimes get away with it with a lackadaisical customs officer or if you conceal it which I generally don't recommend especially as a first time traveler to said country. But you can try your luck sha and if they randomly search your bag and find it you could feign ignorance lol.

TheBae:
Indomie is allowed. As for suya and gala, is it allowed in Canada? I highly doubt that it is. Please throw more light on this @fhemmmy, @baaleofmontreal, @thesoj, @justwise etc

Fhemmmy:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tonero230(m): 5:37pm On Aug 07, 2015
Fhemmmy:

How is the planting of trees this summer for that way

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.