Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,761 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (388) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1073072 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 2:23pm On Aug 22, 2015
ralfudoh:
Is January too early? IN CASE of any delays.
i think it is.. the VO might want to hold ur all alil to that period
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ralfudoh(m): 2:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
I will still argue that it's not too early. Going by the official processing time on the CIC site for Nigeria processing time of 51weeks, then it's not too early. It will rather give the v.o time to review your app and come to a favorable conclusion rather than be in a rush and ............lemme leave it at dat
kennykentipsy:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by jessy50: 2:52pm On Aug 22, 2015
JJCE:
try to pay your app fee as soon as possible, i will recommend d.h.l for you, my document took only two days to reach winnipeg, they collected 10k, take note: make sure the document u want 2 send comprise your secondary school transcript, it very important, av u apply online?
Secondary school transcript like what and what please. Planning to apply monday.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 22, 2015
kennykentipsy:

It's not too early and no one will hold on to anything. I applied this January for my trv with September admission and was approved.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ddestiny(m): 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2015
Hello house, please what can a pastor/house fellowship leader write as a recommendation/reference letter unbehalf of a TRV applicant ?. The applicant is an Assistant House Felowship Leader that want to submit his Study Visa application next week and want to submit the letter along with the package or does anyoune has a sample of such letter ?. Awaiting your usual prompt responses/contribution.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Thomby2k12(m): 3:17pm On Aug 22, 2015
Gurus in the house, I'm a co-director of a company and my aunt the managing director; can I use the company as part of my personal asset?

Also can I use the company's letterhead to write my SOP?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 3:25pm On Aug 22, 2015
Do you own the company? Are you a partner in the company? If not, I think doing that would be very wrong. Best you can do is to show that the job will be waiting for you when you come back. Maybe @thesoj can shed more light on this
Thomby2k12:
Gurus in the house, I'm a co-director of a company and my aunt the managing director; can I use the company as part of my personal asset?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Thomby2k12(m): 3:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
The company registration documents show that I am a director.

TheBae:
Do you own the company? Are you a partner in the company? If not, I think doing that would be very wrong. Best you can do is to show that the job will be waiting for you when you come back. Maybe @thesoj can shed more light on this
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 4:28pm On Aug 22, 2015
I don't think it is a good idea to write your SOP on the company letterhead. You are applying for a TRV for yourself (not the company), and the SOP is your personal story. What benefit could possibly come out of writing it on company letterhead (even if u were CEO)? Imho, writing it on company letterhead may unnecessarily confuse the VO. I can't come up with one single justification for writing it on company letterhead.

When you say "can [you] use the company as [your] personal asset?" How would you do this? If your SOP is well written, then it would be obvious to the VO that the company ties you to Nigeria. Other than that I'm not understanding how you would use the company as a "personal asset".

Thomby2k12:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 4:40pm On Aug 22, 2015
TheBae:
He is a director..meaning he has shares with the company(or he is a partner)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by oppytexu: 4:41pm On Aug 22, 2015
Hello house! I posted about my refusal the last time. Attached below are the VO reason for refusal and sincerely I can't really picture the real reason except for travel history... Also I attached the list of documents submitted! Just need guidelines applying to another school for winter on Monday! Please I need advise on how to tackle the reasons Thanks

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 4:43pm On Aug 22, 2015
Thomby2k12:
The company registration documents show that I am a director.

That means u co-own the company...u can write on the coy letter head. This is not an issue at all

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 4:47pm On Aug 22, 2015
oppytexu:
Hello house! I posted about my refusal the last time. Attached below are the VO reason for refusal and sincerely I can't really picture the real reason except for travel history... Also I attached the list of documents submitted! Just need guidelines applying to another school for winter on Monday! Thanks
what did u study at UG and what are u going for?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 4:49pm On Aug 22, 2015
TheBae:
I didn't get it. Please resend
seen it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 4:50pm On Aug 22, 2015
@berexio1, while he (I stand corrected if the OP is a she) may own the company, his TRV application is not an application for the company. It is a personal application, not company business. That he may own a portion of the company is auxiliary information that will be included in the application. If the OP were my sibling, my advise would be to not write it on company letterhead unless the application was for the company (which is not the case here, the company is not applying for a TRV for itself). Conclusion: he can, but he shouldn't.
@Thomby2k12

berexio1:
That means u co-own the company...u can write on the coy letter head. This is not an issue at all

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Thomby2k12(m): 4:55pm On Aug 22, 2015
Thanks for your response. One of the reasons ticked for my refusal in my last application was personal assets, and since FORM CAC 2A (RETURN OF ALLOTMENT) indicates that I have 25% of the alloted shares, can I not present the statement of account of the company as part of my assets?
That's what I meant by using it AS PART of my assets.
thesoj:
I don't think it is a good idea to write your SOP on the company letterhead. You are applying for a TRV for yourself (not the company), and the SOP is your personal story. What benefit could possibly come out of writing it on company letterhead (even if u were CEO)? Imho, writing it on company letterhead may unnecessarily confuse the VO. I can't come up with one single justification for writing it on company letterhead.

When you say "can [you] use the company as [your] personal asset?" How would you do this? If your SOP is well written, then it would be obvious to the VO that the company ties you to Nigeria. Other than that I'm not understanding how you would use the company as a "personal asset".

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 4:55pm On Aug 22, 2015
thesoj:

Submitting the coy registration docs Co2 and Co7 showwing him as a director is how to show the coy as his asset..He could even go on to submit coy SOA and his personal SOA to further strengthen it and Yes he can write his SOP with the coy letter head..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by oppytexu: 4:56pm On Aug 22, 2015
berexio1:
what did u study at UG and what are u going for?

3years advance Diploma in Humber college.. Note I'm a graduate of mechanical engineering ... I have already gotten the admission before I know 3years is much more for me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 4:59pm On Aug 22, 2015
thesoj:
@berexio1, while he (I stand corrected if the OP is a she) may own the company, his TRV application is not an application for the company. It is a personal application, not company business. That he may own a portion of the company is auxiliary information that will be included in the application. If the OP were my sibling, my advise would be to not write it on company letterhead unless the application was for the company (which is not the case here, the company is not applying for a TRV for itself). Conclusion: he can, but he shouldn't.
@Thomby2k12

My guy, u are not getting it..anything he has as partnership is his property whether in an company or outside a company....This is not to be debated..For the single fact he is a director, that coy belongs to him..jointly though
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 5:04pm On Aug 22, 2015
oppytexu:

3years advance Diploma in Humber college.. Note I'm a graduate of mechanical engineering ... I have already gotten the admission before I know 3years is much more for me
This advance diploma thing again??Ur issue is purpose of visit bro!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 5:05pm On Aug 22, 2015
That's why I gave the condition of if he is a partner. If he is, then he can present it as an asset. But I agree with @thesoj that he doesn't need to write his SOP on a company letterhead. It's a personal explanation from him and not the company. + of what essence is that when he's already going to present the CAC docs and SOA to tackle personal assets
berexio1:
My guy, u are not getting it..anything he has as partnership is his property whether in an company or outside a company....This is not to be debated..For the single fact he is a director, that coy belongs to him..jointly though
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ddestiny(m): 5:08pm On Aug 22, 2015
ddestiny:
Hello house, please what can a pastor/house fellowship leader write as a recommendation/reference letter unbehalf of a TRV applicant ?. The applicant is an Assistant House Felowship Leader that want to submit his Study Visa application next week and want to submit the letter along with the package or does anyoune has a sample of such letter ?. Awaiting your usual prompt responses/contribution.
e-Family, please am still waiting for your usual useful responses and probably sample of this reference letter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by oppytexu: 5:09pm On Aug 22, 2015
berexio1:
This advance diploma thing again??Ur issue is purpose of visit bro!

Ok now I intend applying to centennial college mechanical engineering technician a fast track diploma program for one year! Does that sound good bro! Coz I'm giving Canada the last slot. After this I'm done with them. No time
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 5:09pm On Aug 22, 2015
Just seeing your mail. Will reply in a bit
kennykentipsy:

seen it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 5:13pm On Aug 22, 2015
I dont think you read my previous posts closely. The contention is not whether the company belongs to him or not -- it is clear that he is a part owner. I am saying that owning the company doesn't mean he should write his SOP on company letterhead (though he can in the legal sense).

If I were the OP, I would write my SOP on a regular paper, then I would get my aunt to write a letter on company letterhead describing how my education in Canada would help the company. The aunty would also emphasize my part-ownership of said company and whatever else needs to be said about my involvement in the company.

Anyways @Thomby2k12, whatever you decide won't be a deal breaker. Just giving my two cents.

berexio1:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 5:16pm On Aug 22, 2015
TheBae:
That's why I gave the condition of if he is a partner. If he is, then he can present it as an asset. But I agree with @thesoj that he doesn't need to write his SOP on a company letterhead. It's a personal explanation from him and not the company. + of what essence is that when he's already going to present the CAC docs and SOA to tackle personal assets
whatever he decides though..Am just saying it is not wrong practise since he owns the coy jointly
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 5:19pm On Aug 22, 2015
oppytexu:

Ok now I intend applying to centennial college mechanical engineering technician a fast track diploma program for one year! Does that sound good bro! Coz I'm giving Canada the last slot. After this I'm done with them. No time
Look for PGD..I don't buy this fast track diploma...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Emmanuel0987: 5:28pm On Aug 22, 2015
Hello, I got my trv and I'm going to britshcolumbia. Is there anyone going to selkirk college for fall 2015??

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by oppytexu: 5:29pm On Aug 22, 2015
berexio1:
Look for PGD..I don't buy this fast track diploma...

Well to my tot I think it's a post graduate diploma coz it require university graduate transcript but I won't mind if u can help with any suggestion on PGD related course in mechanical engineering for jan. Note I have 2.91CGPA here in Nigeria. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.