Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,007 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? (27931 Views)

Nine Things Nigerian Bankers Hate About Their Jobs / Bankers To Be Sacked For Introducing Customers To MMM / For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by WILSON(f): 3:04pm On Jun 12, 2015
NA ONLY WHEN I WAN RENEW MY ATM CARD U GO SEE ME FOR BANK. I DEY USE ATM COLLECT MY MONEY. I DEY USE MY MOBILE PHONE TAKE PAY DSTV, RECHARGE MY FONE, TRANSFER MONEY ETC. NOTHING CONCERN ME AND THOSE LOUSY GIRLS

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by easymanofdpeopl(m): 3:05pm On Jun 12, 2015
lilbazy:
I guess its because 80% of them are single...when y0u are ripe f0r marriage and still single,its makes you wanna go crazy sometimes

Seconded
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by zinnyprecy(f): 3:05pm On Jun 12, 2015
Tallesty1:
You won't want understand this OP clearly if don't have account in First Bank. I dunno who selects their women for them. 90% of them look alike and have thesame attitudegrin. I met one wearing a weather man's glasses one day to ask for something and she snubbbed the hell outta me.

First and second greetings didn't get any response so, same thing happened when I asked her the question. She was busy staring at the computer screen as if I was invisible to her.
lol
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by DICKtator: 3:06pm On Jun 12, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
lols.
Hyperactive isn't the word. Rudeness, lack of courtesy is more appropriate.

It has nothing to do with the desk (CS), it's inbuilt. If you take them away from CS to FT or some other desk, they would still be rude. grin
The best their HOP can do is to remove such person from a desk where he/she has customer interface. This would be done after series of complaints from customers.

Sometimes it could be work pressure, other times irate customers always forming quality controllers have a way of getting on their nerves.

In all, report them. If the HOP does nothing, call the Head Office.

Loool!!
You must be a banker!!!
Fund transfer, head of operations acroymn!!

And don't mention work pressure cos most of em put it on their CVs that they can work under pressure!!
I believe in courtesy and respect for customers.
I believe if you are a courteous CSO,if an obnoxious customer confronts you, people would rally on your behalf based on your antecedents!!
Unruly CSOs get sacked!!!
They are investigated ,transferred or sacked!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 12, 2015
robinicule:
female bank workers are always on their period
Lol ..m.ood .
swing.gs
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by menxer: 3:08pm On Jun 12, 2015
that's the manifestation of konji in ladies.
under sexed ladies are likely to show such symptoms of hyper irritability.
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by DBlackCeazer(m): 3:10pm On Jun 12, 2015
kenonze:
Not in all cases,

The work structure made it so.

Tell me why banks in strategic positions in the city will have only one customer care desk.?
Most banks uses same person to check account balance, attends to more tasking jobs that may need access to the net despite poor network, some banks don't even have functional intercoms, u see them getting up from their desk up and down etc

Ideally, no customer should spend more than 3 mins with customer care attendant anything beyond 3mins should be ratify at other sections.
In some banks, u see queue at Customer care,
Some people will still beat the line and wants to be attended.....here comes the problem because she is a human and u wanna make her life miserable!
you ve a point man, gtbank ajah should take note, I am thinking of closing my account with them because of these issues.
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by elijahooo(m): 3:13pm On Jun 12, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by amuniiopz(m): 3:13pm On Jun 12, 2015
missKiffy:
No sane customer care agent will dare shout at me and get away with it undecided
God bless you dear....most Nigerians don't know there rights.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 12, 2015
kevinberry:
No you are wrong...I cannot for the mere fact that you are a female,risk loosing my customers,if one female cannot take the heat there are others who can...and there are males out there very capable and fit for such jobs too...there is a reason,why customer care are mostly females,and if they cannot work based on that reasons,then a male should fill the slot....I ain't saying all females customer care behaves like this,both majority of them do....they seems to forget that there is a specific time for everything....how can people be in line waiting,after spending some minutes in the toilet or bathroom doing what I don't know,then coming back,you have to start unnecessary discussions that are not related to your job...not to talk about attending to someone who jumped queue

A male Customer care agent did that stuff contained in your last sentence to me in Unity Bank yesterday... It's transgender Mate... It's Just that you encounter it more from the females...
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 12, 2015
amuniiopz:
God bless you dear....most Nigerians don't know there rights.
My nigga.... I address them very politely and stern.... Especially Ecobank cows
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by DICKtator: 3:16pm On Jun 12, 2015
Bloggz74:

Lols
The truth s I don't wnt to argue ur point but the truth is these customer care people in banks have a lot to do thus try to be smart with each customer. But some customers seem to push them to elastic limit with some unnecessery mistakes repeatedly,remember they are under preasure.
Again I'm bold to say that there s something not right with a particular customer who has issue with customer service staffs in 3 diffrent banks.
Something is certainly not ok with him/her!

You must be joking!!!
From the perspective of the customer, you may be right!!
But from the perspective of the bank, you are wrong!!
That is what the Customer Services people are being paid for!!
To answer stupid questions,correct the same mistakes customers make again and again!!!
And under pressure? Bankers are under pressure most of the time!!!
Most job responsibilities advertisement seeks people that can multi task and work under pressure!!
That is no excuse!!!
It means the Customer service personnel isn't competent and is denying a competent person his/her place!!!
Either you shape in or ship out!!!

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by lovely17(m): 3:17pm On Jun 12, 2015
Even mtn dey do am cutting phone for person ear not fresh at all
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 12, 2015
this is so timely and on point! am still tinkin over the very rude attitude by one stewpeeed female customer care at first bank wuse zone 4. she had issues wit my friend b4 today and i told myself i will nt hav issues wit her b4 goin there today BUT my pipo, dis babe cook the issue wait for me oh.
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 12, 2015
It's as a result of heart breaks from their boyfriends and ego issues.I walked in intercont bank to purchase a recruitment form some few years back.Na so the female cashier dey form upper class for me because na1500 I want buy the form.She just dropped the paper on top table and walked away as if I shit for pant.The female cc do that to the male customers more because they know that their female counterparts can't take that shit from them
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by Iamoilprince(m): 3:20pm On Jun 12, 2015
This is very common in UBA Bank.

Check UBA bank at Surulere, very close to Baba Animashaun. The babe doing Western union is a complete saddist. I had to visit another branch to collect my western union.
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by Humanbeingyahoocom(f): 3:24pm On Jun 12, 2015
What are you people looking for in banking hall? I do everything on internet and phone calls to their customer care.and my debit card
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by plendil: 3:26pm On Jun 12, 2015
All these posters claiming work pressure being responsible for the poor behaviour, what about the guys? Are they not under pressure as well?

There is one guy at GTB Abakaliki, I beleive it Chuka or so. Meeeen, this guy is just too much. Even when irate temperamental customers start raking, you can never see him losing his cool. Compare with his counterpart, that yellow pawpaw and the slim babe wey dey always frown. embarassed

The same thing at Diamond bank, also in Abakaliki. Both their CS are males and they are simply superb. During the heat of the BVN registration when the queue would extend almost outside the bank, you still them apologising for taking your time, asking if you dont mind waiting, if you're tired, etc.

There must be something about those females. . . tongue

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by raphoo(m): 3:33pm On Jun 12, 2015
Some ladies Banker get Big man, while some react like dat out of frustration too much work
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by urchmanx(m): 3:34pm On Jun 12, 2015
I had my fair encounter with them this Xmas. I will say this,GTB bank is one of the best banks but the attitude of the customer service personal are nothing to right home about. They told me that I can't perform any transaction on my account without the token device. I went into the bank around 12 filled the form and they told me that the system to active the token was down. After waiting for hours I complained, the customer service told me that the lady that will do it for me is not around. I waited for hours and she came back and attained to her friend that called her on the phone. When it was my turn she told me is 4 and the system cut of time has reached. I went back to the customer service to complain she became rude. Trust me wasting my 4 hours. That was what I couldn't take. I called head office in their presence. Made sure their was case Id on the issue and a copy sent to my email. See as the bank manager rush come solve the problem. I was pissed because I only have 24 hours to stay around, they lied to me that the system was down and they were rude. She was begging me to stop the call that it will put her into trouble but I have reached my limit as well.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by sevule(m): 3:42pm On Jun 12, 2015
I COMPLETELY agree with the sentiments that a lot of the female customer service staff are quite rude. I had to call a female customer service officer in GTB Awolowo Road to order after I greeted her and she did not respond. To her credit she did apologize and blamed it on pressure but that excuse does NOT hold water.
I worked as a customer service officer in a VERY BUSY bank in the East a couple of years ago and I ALWAYS treated customers with respect. There is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE to be rude to a customer even if the customer is irate. It is called Customer SERVICE for a reason.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 12, 2015
Mostly if your transactions is a small amount of money.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by sevule(m): 3:46pm On Jun 12, 2015
urchmanx:
I had my fair encounter with them this Xmas. I will say this,GTB bank is one of the best banks but the attitude of the customer service personal are nothing to right home about. They told me that I can't perform any transaction on my account without the token device. I went into the bank around 12 filled the form and they told me that the system to active the token was down. After waiting for hours I complained, the customer service told me that the lady that will do it for me is not around. I waited for hours and she came back and attained to her friend that called her on the phone. When it was my turn she told me is 4 and the system cut of time has reached. I went back to the customer service to complain she became rude. Trust me wasting my 4 hours. That was what I couldn't take. I called head office in their presence. Made sure their was case Id on the issue and a copy sent to my email. See as the bank manager rush come solve the problem. I was pissed because I only have 24 hours to stay around, they lied to me that the system was down and they were rude. She was begging me to stop the call that it will put her into trouble but I have reached my limit as well.

Did you follow up on the case? I hope you were not swayed by their pleas. We really need to start demanding for satisfactory service and if we do not get it we should log an official complaint and follow it through.
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by adahgold(m): 3:49pm On Jun 12, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
@OP, if you know how much they pay these ladies at the end of the month......

If you know how old these ladies are, yet without a boyfriend or fiance.......

If you know how many siblings and parents these ladies have to cater for from their little salary......

Then you wouldn't ask this question. grin

oooooh I see,is it by force to work if they r not satisfied they should quit.
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by adahgold(m): 3:53pm On Jun 12, 2015
That is how I met one in first bank,me I don't take nonsense as I raised my voice wat I came for was done in 2 minute. If they r not satisfied with the job they should quit.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by KingTom(m): 3:58pm On Jun 12, 2015
Creamish:

lolz...mean! grin

....exactly. Sometimes, its the way they are and sometimes its work pressure. U speak like a banker babe.. smiley

You should know what I'm talking about here na wink wink wink grin
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 12, 2015
Hmm! all these experiences I am reading here. Not my bank o! Zenith Bank always the best especially Iju Branch Fagba. They always treat me like a god. But that bank called Eco bank Gosh! they deserve to be fired all of their so called customer care agents. I just closed my account with them and I have had no regrets ever since. Bunch of saddists.
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by KingTom(m): 4:01pm On Jun 12, 2015
Kolade354:
most especially First Bank.......Bt me no kukuma well na to insult her and threaten her i will report her to her manager..........Try it and u will see na she go first grit u next time.
That's the way cool
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by KingTom(m): 4:02pm On Jun 12, 2015
Mega2010:
Hahahahahaha ,u get bad mouth sha...people around will be like ehhhhh?
Na the best way to handle those fucktards grin
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by tivta(m): 4:07pm On Jun 12, 2015
Hmmmm. This is new, as for me every bank I go to all female customer care respond so very well to me, maybe because I look like a wealthy man or handsome. The female customer care I however have issues with is mobile network operators, they don't know jack about technology. At OP, just conquer them with humility and smiles(that is if you are handsome)

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by wordbank(m): 4:08pm On Jun 12, 2015
Tipping is the key
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by lonelydora: 4:08pm On Jun 12, 2015
Tallesty1:
You won't want understand this OP clearly if don't have account in First Bank. I dunno who selects their women for them. 90% of them look alike and have thesame attitudegrin. I met one wearing a weather man's glasses one day to ask for something and she snubbbed the hell outta me.

First and second greetings didn't get any response so, same thing happened when I asked her the question. She was busy staring at the computer screen as if I was invisible to her.

My simple solution to them: If she's single, I strive to get her number, be friendly with her, book a date on a latter date and fvck the hell outta of her in any good hotel. It may take 3 attempts, but i must achieve it. Try it and thank me later. It worked for me in Ecobank, GTB, and Access. Currently targeting one in Stanbic. Yeye, they go dey form for my money again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Every CFA Level 1 Candidate Should Know! / 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise / One Bumpy Semester Made Him Drop Out Of School, Now He’s A Cattle Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.