Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? (27935 Views)

Nine Things Nigerian Bankers Hate About Their Jobs / Bankers To Be Sacked For Introducing Customers To MMM / For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by BigBen10: 4:14pm On Jun 12, 2015
OP reminds me of my departmental secretary and many other Secretaries I came across in government office.
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by Spells(m): 4:17pm On Jun 12, 2015
barrnchedo:
Do me a favour please: pick up your dictionary and check the meaning of hyper active.
its hyper reactive dude not active....look b4 u leap.....Mr dictionary ma ass
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by Bruno3000(m): 4:19pm On Jun 12, 2015
younghartz:
if you check well cus they're single and above 31yrs grin

I met a lady in diamond bank
Gosh! She's jst too kind and lovely
She always put a smile on every customers' face

I could remember she gave me 5k cus I couldn't withdraw due 2 netwrk ish

She dnt knw me frm anywhere yet she helped me....I had to pay her bck d next week cus dat day was friday

She has bn d kindest woman I've ever since
wow... Her type only come into existence once every century.
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by mikkymax20(m): 4:19pm On Jun 12, 2015
They are mumunic set of people, I hate them like anything and is mostly among the ladies, guy hardly do that.
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by Creamish(f): 4:19pm On Jun 12, 2015
KingTom:

You should know what I'm talking about here na wink wink wink grin

....LOLZ....I wonder Y I shuld know... grin
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by KingTom(m): 4:21pm On Jun 12, 2015
Creamish:

....LOLZ....I wonder Y I shuld know... grin
You just know wink grin
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by pamdaniel(m): 4:22pm On Jun 12, 2015
missKiffy:
No sane customer care agent will dare shout at me and get away with it undecided
I dey tell u... if u try insult me say u be customer care... hmm, we go speak English tire and na then I go sing fela song for u " I no be gentleman I be African man original" in fact that bank go do meeting for ur head... nonsense... all those yeyeye bankers just dey waste there time in rudeness and stupidity... if u want to make money be a farmer and not a banker get that into ur thick foolish heads female bankers... am not a feminist just need to question the creator for creating such slots...
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by jomoh: 4:24pm On Jun 12, 2015
bongolistik:
I believe this is a serious issue to address, the case of some female bankers that ocupies the customer care units of the bank.

First of all, I don't think that some of them even know what their duties are and what customer care unit entails. When you meet some hyper-reactive female bankers occupying that position, then you get to understand me well and ask what the hell those kind of people are doing at that section.

Some of them are very impatient, so full of themselves (because of maybe one 100k they receive monthly), rude and obviously don't know what their jobs entail.

I have met them in UBA, GTB and some other banks, and I begin to wonder if this is the case of job miss road.

All customer care job in every organization or establishments entails that those in charge are people with good humours, patience, friendly, always ready to attend and help out customers and even respond to the most stupid questions, they are always supposed to handle and treat every customer warmly without any string nor pains attached.

But reverse happens to be the case in many instances. You get to see some female bankers that call themselves customer care attendants: some of them, very hostile and you dare not make the mistake of asking them one question twice even when you repeated the question thinking that they did not hear you well initially, they can even shout at you or squeeze face and hiss, very hyperactive set of people. In fact they are always not happy. They bite at every little issue.

Whenever I see and notice them in banks, I just shake my head in dismay and often say to myself 'who kept this one here as a customer care assistant self'.

Don't judge people until you know their story. Customer Care officers of banks are the most used and underpaid staff of banks so I don't blame them. And the usually don't have anyone to cover for them so they're mostly required to be on sit at all times.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by mrwonlasewonie: 4:28pm On Jun 12, 2015
Chaiii I met one in uba but we're friends now. She's so saucy with an attitude and of course she met me at home.

Ok.so I eas on the que to make some deposits and instead of me to be going forward I noticed that I was going backwards. I didn't even notice on time because I was pinging on my phone while on que so I was carried away. When I just looked up I discovered I was in the same spot for 2hours and then I started seeing some strange faces in front of those who were in front of me. When I interrogated the others said she sneaked them in front because they tipped her

when I found out I was so mad I was like madam this que is too long and you're too slow. The next thing she did was to yell at me saying madam if you are in a hurry you can come back. I asked her to repeat what she said and she still repeated it. At this time I didn't care if a free for all will ensue.i left the que and slapped her . The security guys came and restrained me and then calmed me down. She was busy grumbling to herself. She couldn't even speak out loud again. She cooled down.

Since then anytime I go there she always behave herself towards me

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by stillreal(m): 4:29pm On Jun 12, 2015
Spot on, one thing i have always noticed about naija,especially the ladies lack good customer service. I remember calling the zane customer service line and the girl on the line went hard at me like i stole her money cheesy Telling me oh just cause you are not from here , its not how we do it here blah blah, i never mentioned i dont stay in naija ,guess she could tell from my accent.Told her off after her rambling ,was like she was trying to show off
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by truthhurts2: 4:29pm On Jun 12, 2015
lilbazy:
I guess its because 80% of them are single...when y0u are ripe f0r marriage and still single,its makes you wanna go crazy sometimes
When u av attended over 100 wedding ceremony and u r still single, u re no longer different from a canopy.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 12, 2015
Like Sevule said, pressure, low-pay, personal issues etc does not give an employee an excuse to be rude to customers. If you're a representative of your company, you should deal with or leave your personal problems at home before going to work.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by Mznaett: 4:30pm On Jun 12, 2015
Enter first bank and c 4ur self. I wonder if those ladies are always on their period sef sha dem dey luk face do dia tin
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by boluyongp(m): 4:31pm On Jun 12, 2015
Its because of the way you are dressed. If you dress well, trust me, they'll address you well. It is true that the way you are dressed is the way you are addressed and it is a pointer to your address.

I was at Union Bank yesterday, I needed a pen, the lady was using it. She stopped what she was doing and gave me, she had to look for another.
I then went to GTBank to do BVN, the lady saw me seated with others, she specifically singled me out of the rest and asked if I had done my BVN. I later approached her for her pen which she gave.

So, dress well, smile and speak politely. They are used to rude people, so surprise him/her by being different, you'll get their attention easily. Dress well to get her attention, Smile to break her defences, Talk well to win her favour.

Hope this helps.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 12, 2015
One of the reasons I hate going to banks.
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 12, 2015
boluyongp:
Its because of the way you are dressed. If you dress well, trust me, they'll address you well. It is true that the way you are dressed is the way you are addressed and it is a pointer to your address.

I was at Union Bank yesterday, I needed a pen, the lady was using it. She stopped what she was doing and gave me, she had to look for another.
I then went to GTBank to do BVN, the lady saw me seated with others, she specifically singled me out of the rest and asked if I had done my BVN. I later approached her for her pen which she gave.

So, dress well, smile and speak politely. They are used to rude people, so surprise him/her by being different, you'll get their attention easily. Dress well to get her attention, Smile to break her defences, Talk well to win her favour.

Hope this helps.

Nice! wink

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by boluyongp(m): 4:34pm On Jun 12, 2015
Velocitron:

Nice! wink
Thanks pretty! wink
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 12, 2015
Creamish:

lolz...mean! grin

....exactly. Sometimes, its the way they are and sometimes its work pressure. U speak like a banker babe.. smiley

Lets say I studied Banking&Finance... grin

Truetalk, some of them are naturally rude. They just need to meet their match, there is one in Diamond Bank Uyo(AKS), Abak road. Her name is Ekaette, very beautiful girl o.

The girl dey wash people steady. Surprisingly, she gets away with it, I am sure one Group Head is on her matter. That her rudeness isn't natural_ she has a strong backbone.
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by lordfalcao(m): 4:39pm On Jun 12, 2015
Generally bankers are Arrogant....
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by stillreal(m): 4:39pm On Jun 12, 2015
boluyongp:

Hope this helps.

You have got a point, but cant always judge people by how they look. You could loose your bank multi millions. I have seen multimillionaires in banks,on the train etc in t shirts and pants , can never tell whos who, that's why you need to be a professional
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 12, 2015
boluyongp:

Hope this helps.

No, it won't help.

She is there to attend to me because I choose to put my money in their bank. And as far as I wasn't rude to her, she shouldn't be.

I remember, I asked one at ecobank to give me an atm compliant form to fill, politely.
She just kept staring at her computer, like I didn't exist. I had to greet her again, and she asked again what I wanted.
Only for her to tell me to come back by 4pm(same time banks close) to get the form.
I was shocked. I didn't mutter a word. I headed straight to the head of customer care unit and he was guy. He was so nice and ready to help. And he apologised on that woman's behalf.
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by boluyongp(m): 4:43pm On Jun 12, 2015
stillreal:

You have got a point, but cant always judge people by how they look. You could loose your bank multi millions. I have seen multimillionaires in banks,on the train etc in t shirts and pants , can never tell whos who, that's why you need to be a professional
yeah, I agree with you mate. Most of 'em don't know that unfortunately.
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by hedonistic: 4:44pm On Jun 12, 2015
Ahmeduana:

WHENEVER I MEET SUCH CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE, MY RESPONSE AND REACTION TO THEM IS THAT THEY DON'T DESERVE THE JOB, IT SHOWS CERTAINLY THAT THEY GOT THE JOB THROUGH THE HELP OF SOMEBODY BY DENYING AN MORE APPROPRIATE AND MERITED PERSON.

That's the simple truth. These hoes often depended on one man or the other to get the jobs, that's why they behave like ghetto hookers. It's quite common in the banking and telecommunications sectors. Hopelessly Clueless and useless girls occupying spaces meant for more qualified and decent people.
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by stillreal(m): 4:49pm On Jun 12, 2015
We always talk about bad government in naija, but if most people had power chei God help us cheesy People tend to abuse power a lot in naija

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by boluyongp(m): 4:51pm On Jun 12, 2015
Joavid:

No, it won't help.

She is there to attend to me because I choose to put my money in their bank. And as far as I wasn't rude to her, she shouldn't be.

I remember, I asked one at ecobank to give me an atm compliant form to fill, politely.
She just kept staring at her computer, like I didn't exist. I had to greet her again, and she asked again what I wanted.
Only for her to tell me to come back by 4pm(same time banks close) to get the form.
I was shocked. I didn't mutter a word. I headed straight to the head of customer care unit and he was guy. He was so nice and ready to help. And he apologised on that woman's behalf.

Lol@No It Won't Help

That's the problem Joavid, someone is being cocky here...lol. You did the right thing in that annoying situation tho but I think 1 of my 3 recommendations may be missing. Either the Smile, Appearance or Speech smiley . Good dressing + Bad hair won't achieve much for instance.

Stay cocky dear wink

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by idithlove(f): 4:53pm On Jun 12, 2015
grin cheesy grin grin
khalhokage:
My friend slap yourself with a dictionary before coming here to embarrass the nation.
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by themodernman: 4:57pm On Jun 12, 2015
Rosemary216:
hmmm.. too bad.. i dnt hv problem wit dem cos i knw d way 2 talk to dem..

How do you talk to them?
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 12, 2015
boluyongp:

Lol@No It Won't Help

That's the problem Joavid, someone is being cocky here...lol. You did the right thing in that annoying situation tho but I think 1 of my 3 recommendations may be missing. Either the Smile, Appearance or Speech smiley . Good dressing + Bad hair won't achieve much for instance.

Stay cocky dear wink

I dressed well, I spoke well, I was polite.

I guess I didn't smile. But then, why do I need to smile to a woman? I mean, its strictly business - pick up a form, fill it,submit and come back later.

Infact,she's suppose to be the smiling one. Am the customer.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by boluyongp(m): 4:59pm On Jun 12, 2015
barrnchedo:
hyperactive Translate Button
[hahy-per-ak-tiv]
adjective
unusually or abnormally active :
a company's hyperactive growth; the child's hyperactive imagination.
(of children) displaying exaggerated physical activity sometimes associated with neurologic or psychologic causes.
You are the hyperactive one actually. If you are not, you would have been calm enough to see its hyper-RE-active that was written.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by Rosemary216(f): 5:00pm On Jun 12, 2015
themodernman:

How do you talk to them?
d way ladies love to be talked to!!
Re: Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? by anigold(m): 5:04pm On Jun 12, 2015
Rosemary216:
hmmm.. too bad.. i dnt hv problem wit dem cos i knw d way 2 talk to dem..

Please how do you talk to them.. do u use sign language. grin

But I rarely meet Rude female bankers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Every CFA Level 1 Candidate Should Know! / 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise / One Bumpy Semester Made Him Drop Out Of School, Now He’s A Cattle Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.