Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,292 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD (32807 Views)

Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD / Buhari To Appoint New NNPC GMD To Replace Kachikwu / Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 11, 2015
kingslly:
Some ignorant ones naw think the Portharcourt refinery was fixed within 3 weeks by PMB.
they wont for once acknowledge GEJ actually had a plan which is gradually unfolding..not that agreeing will kill tghem..pride!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by GudluckIBB(m): 5:06pm On Jun 11, 2015
scachy:

Did Buhari upgrade d refinery to 80% in less than 2weeks?
GEJ is d Man!!

Don't mention that name GEJ here again else I will ban you from nairaland,facebook,twitter,instagramm and your email

I will even ask your landlord to ban you from ur one room apartment

Finally I will chase you to your village.I go make sure say u don reach Asaba head bridge before I go leave You.

Be warned!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by emzila(m): 5:07pm On Jun 11, 2015
Yorubadoo:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2506262_yorubaad_jpeg42bb8d2032bbb63950f3203b06c66b22
NA OUR CULTURE. AFTER ALL THERE ARE PLACES IN NIGERIA WHERE WOMEN MARRY EACH OTHER IN NIGERIA. ONE MAN'S FOOD IS ANOTHER MAN'S POISON.
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 11, 2015
demmy0325:
..tanoids... Una see...

Hw bout renamin baba..

Genius from daura... cool

Hehehe u re funny! Our oga never even start work. Na jona left over be this

1 Like

Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by scachy(m): 5:07pm On Jun 11, 2015
adioolayi:

What about saying the said refinery was actually working but sabotaged intentionally by the GEJ led government and cabals??
U need to Grow beyond sentiments n hate. U ll never get anything done well with it.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by igbsam(m): 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
Youngzedd:

You're right.

Exactly. You can see the past few weeks. Ministries have been running here and there and so much drama in the political arena recently. The last time i saw this playing out was when obasanjo announced he was going to contest for third term. Its good one has a scary personality. It will make all your employees sit tight and up their games.

PassingShot:

Exactly my sentiments. Many fear for their fate under PMB.

So much fear and uncertainty. Everybody now sitting tight. I'm really enjoying this. I think an era where fuel will be sold for N60 is coming and the sooner i think.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by adioolayi(m): 5:09pm On Jun 11, 2015
scachy:

U need to Grow beyond sentiments n hate. U ll never get anything done well with it.
I asked a question to a previous mention...something is working here and someone was trying to undermine the new Nigeria we are all witnessing. I am not being sentimental...just responding to a quote...that's all
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by AnneMomoh: 5:09pm On Jun 11, 2015
OzMingle:
K

kalakuta?
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by Resido: 5:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
[quote author=adioolayi post=34666054]Port Harcourt refinery will commence operations in July at 80 per
cent capacity, and contribute five million litres of petrol daily, the
NNPC GMD, Joseph Dawha, has said.
Details later…

Let us know when trucks start loading with PIICTUREs, else I don't believe it
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by scachy(m): 5:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
GudluckIBB:

Don't mention that name GEJ here again else I will ban you from nairaland,facebook,twitter,instagramm and your email

I will even ask your landlord to ban you from ur one room apartment

Finally I will chase you to your village.I go make sure say u don reach Asaba head bridge before I go leave You.

Be warned!
Am scared.I blame nairaland for granting access to every riffraff that doesn't even know how to address their fellow beings
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by dustmalik: 5:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
kingslly:
Some ignorant ones naw think the Portharcourt refinery was fixed within 3 weeks by PMB.
Actually, you are the ignorant one here. Why wasn't it fixed throughout the six-year term of GEJ? This clearly shows that some people were deliberately allowed to sabotage the effort. You and your lot can keep on deceiving yourselves.
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by Nasri100(m): 5:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
scachy:

GEJ is d Man!!

Is this about Buhari or Gej or the betterment of Nigeria? Why act like an illiterate?
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by Change2015(m): 5:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
demmy0325:
..tanoids... Una see...

Hw bout renamin baba..

Lol, you mind dem?

#change
#PMB
#APC
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by scachy(m): 5:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
adioolayi:

I asked a question to a previous mention...something is working here and someone was trying to undermine the new Nigeria we are all witnessing. I am not being sentimental...just responding to a quote...that's all
Ok
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by Acidosis(m): 5:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
GEJ is the man!
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by Azo(m): 5:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
scachy:

GEJ is d Man!!

Thats the fear of Buhari for and that nothing was really the reason for non-performance !! If it was GEJ, how come we didn't hear if this in about 6 years in power? That also shows GEJ is tolerant of corruption.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by scachy(m): 5:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
Nasri100:

Is this about Buhari or Gej or the betterment of Nigeria? Why act like an illiterate?
Someone said Sai Buhari, that's y I asked d question. It'd about Nigeria but let's Accord praise n apportion blames appropriately. It's obvious PMB didn't do d upgrade in less than 2weeks
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by ajalaolanr(m): 5:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
The refineries were never as bad as they made us think, they intentionally suppressed it's operations because of subsidy theft.

This is cruel and wicked on the highest form to mankind, and no one is in jail yet.

I really weep for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by gabicon: 5:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
ribbit:
5milliom liters? Really?

Sounds to good to be true...

Even dangote's refinery that would be the biggest in the country will be producing just 600thousands

A barrel of crude oil can produce:
19 gallons of gasoline = 71 litres ( 1gallon=3.785)
12 gallons of diesel =45 litres

According to nnpc website the total capacity of pH refinery is that's the old one with 60000 bpsd and the new 150000bpsd combined is 210000 bpsd

Installed capacity gasoline output= 210000*71= 14910000
Which is far above the 5 million barrels we should be asking where the remaining 9 million litres is going.

Conversion source: http://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=327&t=9

1 Like

Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by Alal(m): 5:16pm On Jun 11, 2015
majidyusuf:
Vote for Ayima as Mr Nairaland and get 5gig free
is this not corruption or gratification
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
demmy0325:
..tanoids... Una see...

Hw bout renamin baba..

I've heard this exact same thing @ least 5 times I'm the last 15 years.
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by olayinkaj2(m): 5:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
During the election period, some one said the PH refinery actually work and can produce at 70% but the problem they have is no crude available. Meaning those crude has been exported out of the country to be refined. There are some people that doesn't want all the refineries to work. Let's hope for the better.
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by Swagt101(m): 5:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
PassingShot:

You don't get it. While it is true that the maintenance has since been awarded during GEJ, it could still not be completed, missing many target completion dates. Remember GEJ spent 5.5 years.
With PMB on board, many have actually put their acts together to impress even beyond what is expected of them.
Just today we read that 14 foreign nationals were arrested for oil bunkering. In his five years stay, I can't remember a single such arrest.
The fear of PMB is already whipping some people into line.
God bless u my brother!

1 Like

Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by kingslly(m): 5:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
All you would have done was to do some research and find out when the project started and when it was completed and also do some general research on how long it takes to construct or repair a refinery before coming here to show how ignorant and stupid you are.
dustmalik:

Actually, you are the ignorant one here. Why wasn't it fixed throughout the six-year term of GEJ? This clearly shows that some people were deliberately allowed to sabotage the effort. You and your lot can keep on deceiving yourselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by erico2k2(m): 5:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
gobizzy101:
Buhari's my guy
so 4 your mind PMB[ fix the refinary in 2 weeks
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by madjune(m): 5:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
Where is Barcanista's reaction to this?

TAN agents who wasted 6yrs of our national life.
Can they see the good that come out from balanced leadership?

SAI BABA.
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by erico2k2(m): 5:21pm On Jun 11, 2015
olayinkaj2:
During the election period, some one said the PH refinery actually work and can produce at 70% but the problem they have is no crude available. Meaning those crude has been exported out of the country to be refined. There are some people that doesn't want all the refineries to work. Let's hope for the better.
those who do the know the colour of crude oil will quote and crucify you for this.
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by chigoizie7(m): 5:21pm On Jun 11, 2015
In as much as this Is a good development. Baba is taking the glory, but we all knew that the work in reforming that refinery is done by that same man we all call clueless GEJ. But GEJ made this come through.

Long live PMB
Long live GOZIE
Long live FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 11, 2015
So people were actually deliberately frustrating the efforts of the past administration. What magic did they perform to make the refinery start functioning? Because of the fear that PMB might double as minister of petroleum? saboteurs every where!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Xenophobia: Saraki Reacts, Tells FG, South African Govt What To Do / Governor Adeleke Inspects Osogbo-Ikirun-Kwara Boundary Road (Pictures) / Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.