Stats: 3,158,244 members, 7,836,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD (32840 Views)

Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD / Buhari To Appoint New NNPC GMD To Replace Kachikwu / Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production (2) (3) (4)

Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by darkjorse: 10:32pm On Jun 11, 2015
And the credit will go to Buhari and APC ko?
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by fabbyluv: 10:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
I don't even know why people like dis man sef, abeg make una lower una expectations b4 person catch HBP, truth be told he will not perform up to expectations, imagine someone elected as president has not properly addressed d nation, He's own is traveling from one place to d order, I pity Nigeria n Nigerians

GEJ till 2019
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by bashydemy(m): 10:44pm On Jun 11, 2015
hahaha this is good news what GEJ cannot for 6yrs PMB is doing it under 2weeks...

The fear of GMB is the beginning of getting busy.

PMB is someone who give directives and you have to buckle up or you face the wrath...

Long Live PMB
Long Live bashydemy
Long Live Nairaland
Long Live Nigeria.
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by fabbyluv: 10:46pm On Jun 11, 2015
bashydemy:
hahaha this is good news what GEJ cannot for 6yrs PMB is doing it under 2weeks...

The fear of GMB is the beginning of getting busy.

PMB is someone who give directives and you have to buckle up or you face the wrath...

Long Live PMB
Long Live bashydemy
Long Live Nairaland
Long Live Nigeria.
Total Rubbish!
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by Abugab(m): 10:55pm On Jun 11, 2015
Kingspin:
Buhari yet to open mouth na past administration work we are seeing so! Remember

I know but the speed with which what they said will be ready in 2016 will now be ready in July 2015 is what we are talking about. The past administration had many projects going but were never seeing the light of day and that was the administration's bane

Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by emzila(m): 11:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
scachy:

That's ur perception of GEJ n Buhari,luckily PMB is already on d sit, Nigerians r keenly watching. Enough of the noise n unverified encomium. Time is thicking fast n every seconds is of essence.
leave d grammar, Gej had made us to understand that is not about Phd, is about what u have upstairs. And don't pretend to be unaware of positive developments so far, except dat ur certificate has similar value as dat of our ex president, people with such certificate take thrice the normal time to see what others can see at a goal.
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by angelseddy(f): 11:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
Pasmac14:
We r watchn.

And you shall not wait in vain. #uppmb!
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by obixcel(m): 11:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
Wow! this is good news, because i remember the dark days when my colleagues and I (together with our supervisor) would always engage in Turn-around maintenance of some units of the refinery back in 2008 when i was doing my Industrial Training. It wasn't an easy task cos the whole units was shut down and no production ever happened even till we left, it was really sad. Hope this is for real as this would give us a breathing space.
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by bashydemy(m): 1:10am On Jun 12, 2015
fabbyluv:
Total Rubbish!
Sorry it pains you that PMB is working right... The change is here
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by Oluwaplumpie(m): 3:45am On Jun 12, 2015
greatbaba:
5th to comment, wow so good buh this people ahead of me take am easy nau
how does ur position in the comments section affect the price of garri in the market? What value does it add to NL?
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by supereagle(m): 6:01am On Jun 12, 2015
PMB is a right man for Nigeria . He gives directives that must be obeyed .
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by dBard: 6:43am On Jun 12, 2015
989900:

1. Again, the TAM on the refineries didn't start until October 2014 (3-4 months before the scheduled Feb elections), to be completed in 18 months (sometime April 2016).

2. For someone who allegedly is full of brains, I'd expect you to be able to read between the lines, and if you can't, at least I would expect you, to expect solutions and competence in-lieu of lame excuses and cluelessness -- especially when it's the 'blood' (if you will), of the nation we'r talking about.

3. I'm still astonished at how your skull full of brain matter can't read, or read but can't comprehend the original article from 'The Punch', and deduce new strategies are being implemented to hasten the TAM.

Help yourself further oh wise one (it might do you a world of good sir, to read it twice/thrice at the least, so you don't repeat your comprehension blunders):

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/refineries-repairll-be-concluded-in-january-2016-nnpc/

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=100162

The news article clearly states that 'The REHABILITATION' of Nigeria's REFINERIES will take up to 2016.
You possibly are confusing the terms Renovation and Rehabilitation.
Plus the article was referring to All Nigeria's refineries which he clearly stated will be rehabilitated In Phases.

Possibly PMB had an input here, But credit should be given to whom due here, and that is GEJ..
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by dBard: 6:53am On Jun 12, 2015
To all those #sycophants commenting,
there hasn't, to the best of my knowledge, been ANY DIRECTIVE OF SUCH FRM THE PRESENT ADMINISTRATION..if there were, I would like to be proven wrong.
The present gov't hasn't fully kicked off yet, no cabinet, policy direction...

shouting 'sai Buhari' for everything whether it's to his credit or not doesn't make y'all different from those that were screaming up GEJ in the past administration.

Objectivity is wat will help us get to where we are going.

#sycophancyisreal #thegr8NigerianHerd
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by sesanrota(m): 7:05am On Jun 12, 2015
A neighbour of mine that works at the PHC Refinery said, immediately they announced PMB as the winner of the presidential election, all of a sudden, all containers that has been at ONNE port for a very long time started coming and that they ve been working day and night....in a way i feel the effect of cpovering up loose ends necesitated the early delievery date

Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by Imokay: 8:37am On Jun 12, 2015
anonimi:

Another brainless e-diot on parade feeling hip & funky on EMPTINESS.

Below is a news item from early 2013 stating the turn around maintenance was postponed with reasons and it was scheduled to last 24 months i.e. two years. Is 2015 not two years from 2013

It is miseducated citizens like you that make the corrupt have a free reign in our land. Where in the world does refinery TAM run for 2 years, that is 24 whole months. How long do you think it takes to construct a new refinery? 5, 10 or 20 years? How long did it take to construct the Nigerian refineries in the first place that an informed citizen will base argument and justify gutter news that TAM takes 24 months.

For information of savvy readers the generally accepted timeline for TAM is 20 - 60 days yes, DAYS. Let us not we willing tools in the hands of the corrupt cabals to rip us us to our poverty.

http://www.ogj.com/articles/print/volume-107/issue-2/processing/italian-refiner-lowers-turnaround-maintenance-complexity-costs.html
[url]http://www.world-petroleum.org/docs/docs/petrofed2012/Presentation/Session%207/2_Jayanti%20Vadoda.pdf[/url]

Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by 989900: 9:21am On Jun 12, 2015
dBard:

The news article clearly states that 'The REHABILITATION' of Nigeria's REFINERIES will take up to 2016.
You possibly are confusing the terms Renovation and Rehabilitation.
Plus the article was referring to All Nigeria's refineries which he clearly stated will be rehabilitated In Phases.

Possibly PMB had an input here, But credit should be given to whom due here, and that is GEJ..

My reply was to that 'anomini' or 'alumni' dude . . . prolly you should go back and check out what he posted earlier.

He was trying to imply that the TAM started in 2013 and would take 24 months and was scheduled to be ready exactly around this time in 2015 (no biggie). Which is entirely false. And he was quoting some lame a.s.s excuses for the delays and all.

Now if yu read my reply to him again and the 2 posts above this, you'll get the drift (the previous admin was a self-serving one to put it mildly).
#cruel
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by diczo(m): 9:34am On Jun 12, 2015
Political Propagandists! I don't fucking believe it.
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by 989900: 9:49am On Jun 12, 2015
Imokay:

It is miseducated citizens like you that make the corrupt have a free reign in our land. Where in the world does refinery TAM run for 2 years, that is 24 whole months. How long do you think it takes to construct a new refinery? 5, 10 or 20 years? How long did it take to construct the Nigerian refineries in the first place that an informed citizen will base argument and justify gutter news that TAM takes 24 months.

For information of savvy readers the generally accepted timeline for TAM is 20 - 60 days yes, DAYS. Let us not we willing tools in the hands of the corrupt cabals to rip us us to our poverty.

http://www.ogj.com/articles/print/volume-107/issue-2/processing/italian-refiner-lowers-turnaround-maintenance-complexity-costs.html
[url]http://www.world-petroleum.org/docs/docs/petrofed2012/Presentation/Session%207/2_Jayanti%20Vadoda.pdf[/url]

It's a really a shame. That refinery's TAM in the link you posted up there took just 26-35 days! I read of a 135,000 BPD refinery's TAM in Texas that took just 3 months.

Projects that would cost roughly a third in other parts of the world, and take less than a third of the time are turned to gargantuan issues in our country.

If the Warri refinery's TAM in 2000 after been ravaged by fire, would take 5 months to complete, how come in 2014, TAM is taking 18 months? #fraud#corruption

And it wasn't even started until they knew the elections were coming up . . . and they want us to congratulate GEJ?!!!

At times we deserve the kind of leaders we get, 'cause most of us already have our mentality skewed to accept things can't work/mediocrity.
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by bakila: 10:10am On Jun 12, 2015
anonimi:

What do you know about the duration of ENGINEERING contracts to conclude that a Brainless Booboo without ministers is responsible for refinery revived NEXT month
Are you-

A] Clueless
D] All of the above
The owner of A and D is now in political beyond for them.
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by Haishophem(m): 10:46am On Jun 12, 2015
Jaideyone:
refer to the post above yours.
do you know why our refineries have not been working?
it's simply because the people importing fuel have decided to sabotage our efforts to make the refineries work. A month of serious work on those refineries will give results that will wow all Nigerians

If you claimed that sabotage of the refineries has been the reason for their ineffectiveness, I won't argue much with you on that. But come to think of it, what magician will make the refineries that have been neglected for years to work within a month to its full capacity?
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by davades(m): 11:14am On Jun 12, 2015
scachy:
By effort of GEJ, I wish that Buhari ll continue from where he stopped most of his nice programmes.

Lmao na now be the effort of GEJ meanwhile in te other thread where import duty increases isn't the effort of the clueless GEJ(is that not one of his nice programmes too)
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by msalami(m): 6:05pm On Jun 12, 2015
Jaideyone:
dolt did Jonathan ever mention any plan to fix the refinery within the last 6months of his administration?

Help me ask the guy o GMB haters should go and hug transformer.... lipsrsealed
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by hamilton62(m): 11:05pm On Jun 20, 2015
Jaideyone:
dolt did Jonathan ever mention any plan to fix the refinery within the last 6months of his administration?
Yes the new carried it... please read and dont take us back...
why was the power stations near the refinery district at lagos state upgraded to higher megawatts and put in place if not for this purpose early this year?
www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/power-lagos-to-get-extra-220mw-from-egbin/
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by hamilton62(m): 11:09pm On Jun 20, 2015
davades:

Lmao na now be the effort of GEJ meanwhile in te other thread where import duty increases isn't the effort of the clueless GEJ(is that not one of his nice programmes too)
increase in import duty is a nice development if you understand the economy and economic indicators.
Do you want us to be like Togo?
please think well.
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by hamilton62(m): 11:19pm On Jun 20, 2015
Abugab:
The magic has started.
PH refinery to produce at 80%, thought it was all over the news these past years that they were not functioning and moribund?
Naija surely on the way to greatness.
Fear of PMB is making everyone double up and the results are already trickling in.

He said, “We are rehabilitating them, and we have
started the programme of phase rehabilitation using
local resources and in-house competencies spread
over a period of 18 months which started in October
last year.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/nigerian-refineries-avalanche-of-controversies/
Re: Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD by Jaideyone(m): 6:20am On Jun 21, 2015
hamilton62:

Yes the new carried it... please read and dont take us back...
why was the power stations near the refinery district at lagos state upgraded to higher megawatts and put in place if not for this purpose early this year?
www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/power-lagos-to-get-extra-220mw-from-egbin/
what us this one saying? we are talking about refineries in Warri, PH and Kaduna. you're here talking about Lagos

25,000 Pro-buhari Youth Rally Shuts Down Anambra / Suicide Bomb Attack In Muna, Borno (Graphic Photos) / Abians Celebrate Otti's Victory In Umuahia (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53