Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,257 members, 7,826,012 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - TV/Movies (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Was The Last Movie You Watched? (91156 Views)

Poll: What is Your Taste of Movie?

Horror: 14% (31 votes)
Fiction: 5% (12 votes)
Action: 22% (46 votes)
Comedy: 27% (58 votes)
Tragedy: 2% (6 votes)
Adventure: 14% (31 votes)
Mission: 3% (7 votes)
Bad Movies: 0% (1 vote)
Zombie: 1% (4 votes)
Vampire: 3% (7 votes)
Evil: 0% (0 votes)
Gun_shot!: 2% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

That Movie You Can't Get Tired Of Watching / If You Watched This Series, You Are Too Older Than You Think / What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:56am On Nov 04, 2009

[size=13pt]Return of the living Dead 2

Well to me this is not a very good film. Why can't film makers take horror movies seriously? As bad as this film is I didn't have too hard a time sitting through it. The same cannot be said for Part 3 which is just terrible. . .

In this film the dead are brought back to life again. In the Return series, unlike in the Night of the Living Dead, the zombies can't be killed. Or can they? This series just doesn't make sense. What starts off as a pretty good suspenseful film quickly turns into a comedy and a bad one at that. The acting is terrible but I think it was meant to be that way, regardless it doesn't help. The first zombie we see is great, very scary and well introduced but he is quickly done away with and never seen from again. The rest of the zombies are boring as they prance around town.

This movie is supposed to be funny, it is not. I would assume it is supposed to be scary, it is not. The weird thing is it is still okay to watch. I don't recommend the film but you could rent worse (like Part 3).
[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Gamine(f): 2:08pm On Nov 05, 2009
I watched, 'He was a Quiet man' on a trip

watched 'Eastern promises' yesterday

both quite intense, i loved Viggo, i loved the movie
Christian Slater always did look psychoish cheesy
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Shola2009(m): 2:40pm On Nov 05, 2009
Wedding Daze
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by mohawkchic(f): 11:32pm On Nov 05, 2009
[size=13pt]~Oceans 11~[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by kellorah: 3:39am On Nov 06, 2009
100 Days With Mr Arrogant.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by kellorah: 3:40am On Nov 06, 2009
Shola2009:

I love You Beth Cooper grin
Damn, that movie sucks, big time. Hayden made it bearable.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Shola2009(m): 7:18am On Nov 06, 2009
^^What!!
It was funny enough.And actually hayden made the movie suck,she should stick to heroes.

@topic Hell Ride
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by kellorah: 5:08pm On Nov 06, 2009
200 Pounds of Beauty.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Gamine(f): 5:10pm On Nov 06, 2009
Watched one movie like that yesterday, The Lazarus project, fake fake fake  sad

Watched Idlewild some hours ago, shed a number of tears  cry, and Andre is a handsome man
Terrence, certified psycho, dude CANNOT be normal, ever.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:39pm On Nov 06, 2009

[size=13pt]Silver Bullet

First off, I am not the biggest werewolf fan in the world. In fact, for the most part I don't care for them. This is just one of the exceptions that I do like. . . This one is about a werewolf killing people in a small town. Of course, the people are up in arms about it and want something done. A boy who is paralyzed and his sister end up finding out the identity of the werewolf as the werewolf attack the boy and the boy was able to defend himself by shooting out one of its eyes. The sister went around to people's houses and eventually came across a man with one eye. They convince their uncle that a werewolf is what is killing everyone and he has a silver bullet made. The parents go off one night during a full moon and the uncle and kids must confront the werewolf. I won't give away who the werewolf is for anyone who hasn't seen this yet. All in all a pretty cool flick, nothing great about it just easy to watch and enjoy.

[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Epi: 12:40am On Nov 07, 2009
Cruel Intentions - My gazillion times watching it. loved it

a very nice movie, sad ending though lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:16am On Nov 07, 2009

[size=13pt]Mimic

After a devastating disease traced back to New York City's cockroach population is eliminated by using a genetically engineered superbug that wiped out the roach population, it seems that everyone--especially the previously affected kids--is in the clear. That is, until one of the superbugs--which were supposed to be infertile and have a short lifespan--shows up in the subway system years later, larger and nastier than ever.

Those couple small flaws include that you have to pay a lot of attention during the beginning if you want to catch all of the backstory--it moves by very quickly, with pertinent information frequently mumbled or given in the background, and some of the attack scenes are a bit too dark and cut to simulate a whirling dervish.

The biggest asset is the production design. Mimic has a delicious horror atmosphere that you could cut with a knife. Of course it's easy to achieve cringe-worthy moments when the screen is filled with bugs and characters are crawling down (and in some cases living in) dingy subway tunnels, but almost every shot in the film has a similar effect. Gloom, decay and disturbing, unidentifiable biological masses are the visual themes. The creature designs are fantastic, with the "mimicking" design being the most impressive.
[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by mohawkchic(f): 1:44am On Nov 07, 2009
[size=13pt]~The Man Who Knew Too Much~ 1934 Alfred Hitchcock Classic[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:16am On Nov 07, 2009

[size=13pt] April Fool's Day
APRIL FOOL'S DAY has just recently gotten a sort of cult status among horror film fans. Casual horror viewers or those who are diehard gore hounds haven't been kind to this film, but it is quite possibly the most intelligent, best-acted, and coolest of all the 80s slasher films.
APRIL FOOL'S DAY is strongly recommended to serious horror film fans and even casual viewers. Not very gory, but that's a plus in this case. Notice the similarities to Agatha Christie's "Ten Little Indians", of which this is sort of a modern updating. A whole lots of fun and the best slasher film of the 80s. . .
[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Shola2009(m): 5:32am On Nov 07, 2009
Australia
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Gamine(f): 6:07pm On Nov 07, 2009
~The girl who leapt through time
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by eldee(m): 6:33pm On Nov 07, 2009
This is It

It was nice, finally seeing an M.J video without commentaries gave everyone a chance to form your own subjective view onthe Legend that's not influenced by anyone.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by bluespice(f): 3:03am On Nov 09, 2009
guilty pleasures
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by mohawkchic(f): 3:14am On Nov 09, 2009
[size=13pt]~Die Hard 4[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by MadMax1(f): 3:25am On Nov 09, 2009
Epi:

Cruel Intentions - My gazillion times watching it. loved it
a very nice movie, sad ending though lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Not a bad movie. Try the original version though: Dangerous Liaisons starring Glenn Close, Michelle Pfeiffer, John Malkovitch.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Shola2009(m): 7:19am On Nov 09, 2009
Pearl Harbour cry
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:31pm On Nov 10, 2009

[size=13pt]Deranged
Ok, we've seen so many interesting film I forgot the name but all are not as good as this one. This movie tells the true story of cannible Ed Gein known in this movie as Ezra Cobb. Ez is a sympathetic character in this movie and I really do feel sorry for him as he takes care of his ailing mother and then she passes away. Ez kidnaps her corpse and sends her home and treats her as if she were alive again. During his state of dementia he finds himself being facinated with embolming bodies, cannibalism and things that are down right gross. This one is one that must be seen for those into real life crimes of the deranged.
[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by tboy1(m): 2:43pm On Nov 10, 2009
Blue Streak cool
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:29pm On Nov 10, 2009

[size=13pt]Cabin Fever
I really do not understand what people are talking about in this movie. don't intelligent people watch movies or is it because this is a horror film and the viewers are incompetent? anyone who loves good horror should appreciate this! i wont go ahead and mention the storyline except for that it comes off as just another cheese ball teens in the woods getting slaughtered, at least thats what i thought when it came out and thats exactly the reason i originally avoided it. after a couple of years decided to give it a shot and was very pleased. every ingredient for a well made horror is here and more. if you want to look at this "cabin fever" as a social issue, its also possible. human nature is examined at its best here. yes, it has its flaws, this is a "horror movie and not an academy award winner dramatic and audiences should start viewing movies based on what the purpose is. every movie has a flavor and you wouldn't go compare coffee with wine would you, even though both are beverages!!! also, this film is much better than most in the genre. don't stick your ignorant nose where it doesn't belong! RENT THIS MOVIE. . .especially if you enjoyed old Wes craven, Tobe hooper, George Romero and many others. . . this is a great modern approach to the genre.
[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Epi: 5:17am On Nov 12, 2009
Precious

The book is waay better than the movie. In the beginning endless of cursing - plenty plenty cursing. Very sad movie especially the part when Monique throw the baby on the floor lipsrsealed Stupid stupid ending
Mariah did a great job. Sherri was funny, Lenny Kravitz is cute.

The movie didn't worth my $12.50. I guess because Oprah is behind of it why the hype undecided
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by tanimz(f): 3:37pm On Nov 12, 2009
The orphan, very good

I watched a Nigeria Movie- Steal the bride. I was very dissapointed because it was the movie of the week (last week) on naijapals.com

The movie had 4 parts and the story line was very confusing,
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Shola2009(m): 3:48pm On Nov 12, 2009
I watched a Nigeria Movie- Steal the bride. I was very dissapointed because it was the movie of the week (last week) on naijapals.com

The movie had 4 parts and the story line was very confusing,
na 2day?? LMAO

@topic
50 dead men
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 12, 2009
THE TOURNAMENT

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Nobody: 5:39am On Nov 13, 2009
THIS IS IT

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by pureminded: 3:54pm On Nov 13, 2009
Topic , Sexy Dirty Money cool
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 13, 2009
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by kellorah: 1:31am On Nov 14, 2009
Sarafina.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (100)

Vee To Neo: "Your Dick Is Small, Though You Are Long Like 3rd Mainland Bridge” / BBNaija: Nelson Had Sex With Diane In The House? (Photo) / TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.