Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,263 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - TV/Movies (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Was The Last Movie You Watched? (91019 Views)

Poll: What is Your Taste of Movie?

Horror: 14% (31 votes)
Fiction: 5% (12 votes)
Action: 22% (46 votes)
Comedy: 27% (58 votes)
Tragedy: 2% (6 votes)
Adventure: 14% (31 votes)
Mission: 3% (7 votes)
Bad Movies: 0% (1 vote)
Zombie: 1% (4 votes)
Vampire: 3% (7 votes)
Evil: 0% (0 votes)
Gun_shot!: 2% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

That Movie You Can't Get Tired Of Watching / If You Watched This Series, You Are Too Older Than You Think / What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by chiogo(f): 6:55pm On Feb 21, 2010
Shutter island - that movie is insane!!!

Leonardo deceived me. . .and I was rooting for him. embarassed
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by mohawkchic(f): 8:33pm On Feb 21, 2010
~Mona Lisa Smile~
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Mikaela: 9:10pm On Feb 21, 2010
One flew over the cuckoo's nest.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 21, 2010
GOOD HAIR. . . . . . Chris Rock documentary about black womans hair, weave etc DAYYYYYUUUUUUMMMMMMM!!!!
first of all i want to bring my condolences to any black woman out there because i now realize how difficult life with nappy hair seems to be.

this documentary blew my mind on so many levels and i dont know where to start:
- weave from real human hair that cost from $1000us to $3500us that you can pay on layaway?!
- realizing that many (if not all) of these beautiful  black actress wear weave. . . . .  Nia Long, Eve, Salt N Pepa, Melyssa Ford, Lauren London, Meagan Good to name just a few talk openly about it.
- whats this broonners brothers hair competition that everyone is shouting about?
- before that black hair show, some white dude name JAYSON is the favorite to win. . . . . . . .  HELLO?!
- who the hell is that "midget looking, high heel wearing biatch" name Derek J

one quote that blew my mind was Nia Long saying that:" for me to get my hair wet for a man, he's gotta be really special. . . . .taking a shower together can be more intimate than having intimacy!!!!!!!!"

here are the links for any man out there to watch that gem and understand our sistas and their hair struggles: http://www.megavideo.com/?v=6F8TKY47
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by bluespice(f): 10:27pm On Feb 21, 2010
good hair as a documentary highlighted the struggles of black women when it comes to weaves.

Many black women don't use weaves, a lot more just carry their hair natural as it is
the movie did nothing to highlight black hair for what it is,

did it achieve the aim of showing what lack women do to get their hair 'did' and by 'did' i mean relaxed or infused with weaves?
yes
did it show the other side of the spectrum - the natural hair wearing women? hellz no!

he showed what a few people considered acceptable hair, not good hair.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by nana(f): 10:45pm On Feb 21, 2010
Movies i've watched in the past week. I love watching movies alot.

Valentine's day ---- Had to go watch it twice @ the cinema. Gosh,love this movie. kiss
Ghost---Oldie but nice.
10 items or less-----hmm
Alvin and the chipmunks 2
Daybreakers
House broken
I hope they serve beer in hell
The invention of lying
Ninja Assasins
Motherhood
Up in the air
Everybody's fine
Where the wild things are
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 21, 2010
bluespice:

good hair as a documentary highlighted the struggles of black women when it comes to weaves.

Many black women don't use weaves, a lot more just carry their hair natural as it is
the movie did nothing to highlight black hair for what it is,

did it achieve the aim of showing what lack women do to get their hair 'did' and by 'did' i mean relaxed or infused with weaves?
yes
did it show the other side of the spectrum - the natural hair wearing women? hellz no!
he showed what a few people considered acceptable hair, not good hair.

you are absolutely right about your points as i was still wondering what HAVING GOOD HAIR meant for black women.

but then again, when you see that women start relaxing children's hair from the age of 3 and onwards, i wonder. . . . . . . . . . is there people with nappy hair out there or is it all relaxed or "hidden" by weave?
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by r231(m): 1:11pm On Feb 22, 2010
up in the air cheesy
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:28pm On Feb 22, 2010

[size=13pt]Alone in the Dark

I saw this movie once and thought it was great and funny, so why don't you back off, and don't watch good scary movies wink. I would love to have a copy of this movie. So there. And also think that the cast was qreat.
[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Kunbee: 1:17am On Feb 23, 2010
Percy Jackson and the light boltening thief kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:40am On Feb 23, 2010
[size=13pt]Kunbee thats should sound interesting. . . . . shocked shocked , how's it wink[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by obinna5000(m): 11:36am On Feb 23, 2010
I recently saw "Valentine's Day" and "Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief" at Silverbird cinemas.
First, "Valentine's Day" was an OK movie. Its not as bad as critics say it is. But it reminded me of movies like "Love Actually" and "He's Just Not Into You". Overall, I'll give it a rating of 69%.
"Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief" was entertaining and a bit funny. I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy the Percy Jackson series than the Harry Potter series. I'll rate it 75%.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 23, 2010
S[i]e[/i]x Drive
The Hangover
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by FBS: 9:26am On Feb 24, 2010
Yeah. . .finally took My Precious to see Avatar.
She liked it. I liked it. We loved it.  cheesy
A very anti-imperialistic storyline? Nice. 
The 3D. . .Cool!
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:22pm On Feb 24, 2010

[size=13pt]Psycho
The whole movie, in my opinion, was very well thought out. Alfred H. began the uses of bringing the viewer into the show, rather than having them just view it. The scene in the movie where Norman Bates (playing his mother) begins to stab the woman in the shower is most interesting to me . . . . !! kiss Not because of the great sound effects but the set up itself. When Norman begins to stab the woman, notice how he holds the knife, notice how he stabs downward. It is statistically known that when men stab with a knife they hold it in such a way where they stab upward wink. Women on the other hand stab downward. I like to think that Hitchcock was genius enough and thorough enough to add this technique into the movie. Norman was dressed as his mother, therefore, was in complete character to stab like a woman. grin
[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 24, 2010
The Collector (1965)
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by phantom(m): 11:42am On Feb 25, 2010
LA confidential (1997)
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 25, 2010
B!tch Slap. . . what a waste of my fizzucking time. . .tiddies or not!
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:59pm On Feb 25, 2010
[size=13pt] grin grin grin i've always liked your signature. . . . . honestly i cherish that alot!! wink[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by tanimz(f): 3:56pm On Feb 25, 2010
Angels and Demons

The informant- boring as hell, slept halfway into the movie
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by obinna5000(m): 6:59pm On Feb 25, 2010
arkinses:

B!tch Slap. . . what a waste of my fizzucking time. . .tiddies or not!
The director and producer of that movie should be sued to court for making such a senseless movie. grin
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 25, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt] grin grin grin i've always liked your signature. . . . . honestly i cherish that alot!! wink[/size]
merci beaucoup smiley

obinna5000:

The director and producer of that movie should be sued to court for making such a senseless movie. grin
I swear, it made no sense!

@topic Wall-E
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by mohawkchic(f): 12:25am On Feb 26, 2010
~Fantastic 4: Rise Of The Silver Surfer
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Kunbee: 2:17am On Feb 27, 2010
Hes just not that into you
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 27, 2010
God bless Torrent downloads cheesy

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Nobody: 1:03am On Feb 28, 2010
The Percy Jackson verdict is "amateurish acting, unadventurous and uninteresting" Even having the supporting cast of heavyweights like Pierce Brosnan, Rosario Dawson, Uma Thurman and Sean Bean didn't deliver the excitement of make it worth seeing.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Feb 28, 2010
[s]Abeg na God I take beg all of una. Even if you have balls of steel or leather vah jay's, Paranormal Activity must not be watched at night let alone by one's self[/s]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by eldee(m): 2:34am On Mar 01, 2010
The Crazies

Crap attempt . . . same ol' sumn's controlling everyone to kill everyone.
Bla bla bla.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by tanimz(f): 3:00pm On Mar 01, 2010
@ arkinses, love your signature!! wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 02, 2010
oshe!

@topic Kingdom of Heaven
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by obinna5000(m): 9:03pm On Mar 02, 2010
arkinses:

The Percy Jackson verdict is "amateurish acting, unadventurous and uninteresting" Even having the supporting cast of heavyweights like Pierce Brosnan, Rosario Dawson, Uma Thurman and Sean Bean didn't deliver the excitement of make it worth seeing.
LOL. grin grin grin grin

@topic
A Clockwork Orange (1971). It was just weird.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 02, 2010
arkinses:

[s]Abeg na God I take beg all of una. Even if you have balls of steel or leather vah jay's, Paranormal Activity must not be watched at night let alone by one's self[/s]

man you have to look at the advantages of watching such a movie at night with your girl: she gonna hold you TIGHT that night!

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (100)

Vee To Neo: "Your Dick Is Small, Though You Are Long Like 3rd Mainland Bridge” / BBNaija: Nelson Had Sex With Diane In The House? (Photo) / TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.