Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,301 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - TV/Movies (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Was The Last Movie You Watched? (91140 Views)

Poll: What is Your Taste of Movie?

Horror: 14% (31 votes)
Fiction: 5% (12 votes)
Action: 22% (46 votes)
Comedy: 27% (58 votes)
Tragedy: 2% (6 votes)
Adventure: 14% (31 votes)
Mission: 3% (7 votes)
Bad Movies: 0% (1 vote)
Zombie: 1% (4 votes)
Vampire: 3% (7 votes)
Evil: 0% (0 votes)
Gun_shot!: 2% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

That Movie You Can't Get Tired Of Watching / If You Watched This Series, You Are Too Older Than You Think / What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by oyinda3(f): 3:58am On Jul 04, 2010
gators sex change?
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by teeluv(m): 8:55am On Jul 04, 2010
@ topic date night

like obina said just an average movie nott all that out of this world, maybe thats why they put whalberg to spice it up even though it didnt make any difference,
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:45pm On Jul 04, 2010
[size=13pt]Glory is a fantastic and well put together movie. It shows the hardships of Africa Americans during the civil war and how patriotic every single one of them were. It had a very well round plot with the beginning middle and end entertaining and easy to follow. . . .although Denzel did win for his role in this film which was much deserved for an excellent performance. wink[/size]

obinna5000:

@Ogaga4Luv
"Glory" is da bomb. One of Denzel's best movie.

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:59pm On Jul 04, 2010

[size=13pt][b]My Neighbor Totor[/b]o
This film was amazing. I don't know why it took me so long to view it. It joins Aladdin, the Lion King, and Spirited Away in the line-up of great children's flicks. This one just seemed to have so much warmth. I was smiling almost the entire time, wanting to be a kid again grin grin grin . Everyone should see this and remember just what being a kid is all about. It's great how Mei is afraid of Nanny at the beginning, but by the end treats her like her own grandma. Totoro is too cute. While not the centerpiece of the film, he sure does add a great touch to the film. I think this and Spirited Away are Miyazaki's best films, followed closely by Princess Mononoke. This is just such a gem of a movie. So many details make this movie even greater. I know everyone remembers running around in the beginning of the film like Satsuki, making the "Indian noises. lipsrsealed " This truly is a film that touches all ages. wink
[/size]

1 Like

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by mohawkchic(f): 2:08am On Jul 05, 2010
~Be Kind Rewind. . .I caught a quater of it on telly. . .Such a silly movie but i bagged a good laff. . .

~Got reacquainted with Magnificent Seven(Yul Brynner,Charles Bronson). . love love this movie. . .brings back good memories for me!
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by mohawkchic(f): 2:42am On Jul 05, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]

mohawkchic my dear do you know what in the world has happened to Halle Berry? huh Can't she act any more? Judging from this movie I'd say: Yes - she can't. . . . . And Bruce Willis is . . . . .well, he's Bruce Willis. And why does she have to participate in a mediocre thriller like this one? Because it is very mediocre. The beginning is quite promising, and I was ready for a nice, clean thriller. But what followed was like a bad version of some Michael Crichton novel . Oh, and the filmmakers filmed three different endings to the film, each with a different character as the killer? Then they must have chosen the worst ending. The film is not creative, not inventive, implausible, sometimes ridiculous. No, it's not a disaster. But a major disappointment.

[/size]

~Ogaga. . . Wud i be right in saying You's a movie buff? BTW I Just read your take on "Inside Man" too! I luff luff Denzel. . will watch a movie of him doing a "Charlie Chaplin" even! I loved Inside man. . . nuffin i've seen before on heist movies at least!

~I agree the first 5 mins of "Perfect Stranger" gets you hooked. . .somehow it dwindled & i was like "Oh Well"!! I didnt flick channels hoping things will kick up a notch. . .

~"Oh!" @ three takes on end of movie. . .I wont bother wondering if it wud have made much of a difference. . .

~I've adapted the "not particularly bovvered" about expectations from Actors/Actress/Directors! If i can bag some laffs,Sit at the edge of my seat/Cry Some/Scream Some. . .Grr8! I'm much content watching my fav B&W movies or getting reacquainted w/ my fav oldies. . .as for the new movies coming out,I'm bound to catch the premiere/repeats of the ones that will interest me when it becomes available to watch on telly eventually. . . . .then,i have the option to flick if i dont like it

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by vescucci(m): 11:36am On Jul 05, 2010
Rachel Getting Married. Lemme just say I am totally unfamiliar with this side of Jonathan Demme. And this has got to be the best I've seen of Anne Hathaway too
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by naijadiva2(f): 7:04pm On Jul 06, 2010
Last movie in theatre was Iron-man (i think) and last movie in general was Avatar, at a friend's house.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by eldee(m): 7:12pm On Jul 06, 2010
vescucci:

Rachel Getting Married. Lemme just say I am totally unfamiliar with this side of Jonathan Demme. And this has got to be the best I've seen of Anne Hathaway too

I really liked that movie . . .
Any other actress and it would have been boring but Hathaway just did it for me.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 06, 2010
7 JOURS DU TALION
Canadian thriller about a guy who kidnap the pedo who killed and ra*ped his daughter and goes on to torture the guy for 7 long days.
crazy but real movie!

SAINT JOHN OF LAS VEGAS
movie about some guy in Las Vegas bla bla bla
we were 4, 2 fell asleep and i still wonder how i manage to watch this flick till the end. crazy story!

also finally watched:
A-team: better than i thought it would be (too bad the van was scrapped 20mins in)
Iron man2: so/so but enjoyed Mickey's part.
Shreck: hopefully that was the last one EVER!!!!!!
Toy story 3: oh lawd!

anyone seen TWILIGHT SAGA ECLIPSE, DAY AND NIGHT or JONAH HEX yet?!
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by v3: 8:38pm On Jul 06, 2010
I swear i just hated it in every sense of the word

Twilight : Eclipse angry
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by eldee(m): 8:45pm On Jul 06, 2010
@v3

I don't know how to complete a Twilight movie without falling asleep. . . I swear.
The funniest thing is, the music at the end always wakes me back up grin grin
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by v3: 8:53pm On Jul 06, 2010
I swear you owe me a bottle of coke grin grin

The only part i remember was when the Volturi came and noticed the 'clean-up' had been done.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 06, 2010
^^^^it seems like they outdid themselves from the boring second one.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by bgees(m): 9:48pm On Jul 06, 2010
Crash.

nice movie.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by v3: 9:53pm On Jul 06, 2010
Watching Hostel
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by teeluv(m): 9:55pm On Jul 06, 2010
karate kid,

not so bad, maybe because of the kids comedy flicks every now and then,

jackies character wasnt too pronounced i guess will and jada wanted the boy to get nominated for an oscar loll,
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by vescucci(m): 10:18pm On Jul 06, 2010
The Derjeeling Limited. Nice film to watch on a lonely rainy day. A Chilean film too. Sex With Love. Perky and fun and erh sexy?
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Nobody: 3:49am On Jul 07, 2010
Home Alone.

Never get tired if this movie lol
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by shilling(f): 8:54am On Jul 07, 2010
teeluv:

karate kid,

not so bad, maybe because of the kids comedy flicks every now and then,

jackies character wasnt too pronounced i guess will and jada wanted the boy to get nominated for an oscar loll,

Karate Kid was such a fun movie. Loved every second of it.

@ OP:
Knight & Day.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by obinna5000(m): 1:32pm On Jul 07, 2010
@shilling
How was "Knight & Day"?

@topic
Crash (2004)
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by shilling(f): 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2010
obinna5000:

@shilling
How was "Knight & Day"?

Really good. It was a light-hearted, feel good movie in a way. Catchy phrases, very funny lines. I don't know why it's not #1 on the Box Office; I'm a Twihard, but I preferred this movie to Twilight - Eclipse.

Many "fake" stunts though - I guess that can be expected. But, you'll have a good laugh - worth seeing.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by teeluv(m): 10:09pm On Jul 07, 2010
please i hope u didnt just ention eclipse, is that a movie or what, ill rather watch charler chaplain than twilight, i always manage to sleep off and ake up 2 scenes to the end. what kind of film is that,

@topic the losers, not really a bad adaptation, even heard there mite be a part 2 in the making,
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:15pm On Jul 07, 2010
[size=13pt]
Yeah------ sweet heart , so many have said that im a movie buff  of recent both in other forum .you know? inside man is another hot one. . . .  wink

After i finish reading your commentus i was like wowww !  shocked this lady is on a long thing --- grin grin smiley
[/size]
mohawkchic:

~Ogaga. . . Wud i be right in saying You's a movie buff? BTW I Just read your take on "Inside Man" too! I luff luff Denzel. . will watch a movie of him doing a "Charlie Chaplin" even! I loved Inside man. . . nuffin i've seen before on heist movies at least!

~I agree the first 5 mins of "Perfect Stranger" gets you hooked. . .somehow it dwindled & i was like "Oh Well"!!  I didnt flick channels hoping things will kick up a notch. . .

~"Oh!" @ three takes on end of movie. . .I wont bother wondering if it wud have made much of a difference. . .  

~I've adapted the "not particularly bovvered" about expectations from Actors/Actress/Directors! If i can bag some laffs,Sit at the edge of my seat/Cry Some/Scream Some. . .Grr8! I'm much content watching my fav B&W movies or getting reacquainted w/ my fav oldies. . .as for the new movies coming out,I'm bound to catch the premiere/repeats of the ones that will interest me when it  becomes available to watch on telly eventually. . . . .then,i have the option to flick if i dont like it

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by 190: 10:45pm On Jul 07, 2010
the last airbender!!
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by bgees(m): 10:46pm On Jul 07, 2010
190:

the last airbender!!

How was it? I heard it was very wack.

@topic:

Munich
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:54pm On Jul 07, 2010

[size=13pt]Shaun of the Dead
This is the best mix of beer and blood I have ever tasted. "Shaun of the Dead" has some great comical moments and yet it has been made with lots of professionalism like this was a serious gory horror movie they were making. Because of this, through its seriousness, the movie becomes perhaps even more hilarious and really delivers. Both the fans of the (British) comedy-genre and the fans of mainly 'Zombie' movies and other gory horror-movies, will be entertained by this movie.

Visually the movie is really good looking. Its not like many other British movies and has a good looking use of cinematography and lighting. The gore, make-up and visual effects are extremely good and are even something that I haven't even seen in 'serious' Zombie/horror flicks.

You might think that this movie is just mainly a spoof of "Dawn of the Dead" (1978) but its really more than that. The movie is good and creates a good story on its own so that it becomes more than just a simple spoof. All of the characters are well written and are funny in their own way.

The acting is good for comedy standards and the actors perfectly know how to play in both hilarious/funny scene's as well as in serious/emotional one's. Plus of course it has the wonderful Bill Nighy playing a role in it. This guy really is a terrific actor that always is at his best in comical roles like he plays in this movie.

Basically this is a very good looking and professionally made movie that also is funny and hilarious at moments. I can't see how anyone could not like this movie.
[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by obinna5000(m): 11:16pm On Jul 07, 2010
190:

the last airbender!!

bgees:

How was it? I heard it was very wack.

A friend of mine told me that "Dragonball Evolution" grin was better than "The Last Airbender". grin grin
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by mohawkchic(f): 2:54am On Jul 08, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]
Yeah------ sweet heart , so many have said that im a movie buff  of recent both in other forum .you know? inside man is another hot one. . . .  wink

After i finish reading your commentus i was like wowww !  shocked this lady is on a long thing --- grin grin smiley
[/size]

~You dont say!!
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:09am On Jul 08, 2010
[size=13pt] wowww. . . . .[/size]

mohawkchic:

~You dont say!!

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by iice(f): 3:47am On Jul 08, 2010
I love Simon Pegg grin grin
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:56am On Jul 08, 2010
[size=13pt]i was looking to post the same thing!!!!! love love love him  grin grin  wink[/size]

iice:

I love Simon Pegg grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (100)

Vee To Neo: "Your Dick Is Small, Though You Are Long Like 3rd Mainland Bridge” / BBNaija: Nelson Had Sex With Diane In The House? (Photo) / TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.