Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,693 members, 7,813,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 (6690 Views)

*~ dayokanu Voted The EPL Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! / Happy Birthday Dayokanu / Baptizing Dayokanu Into English(prem & 3lions) Fanatic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by akinalabi(m): 1:33pm On Mar 16, 2009
tkb417:

yeah. i think i started buying in February 1993. My first copy was the first edition of ISR. The one that had Okocha at the cover page. I think Okocha was in Frankfurt then, and the whole edition was on the African Natiions cup qualifiers and Okochas exploits in the Bundesliga.

Guy, i hit my mum like hell buying all sorts of things. At a point, i had a heap of those mags and i thought of renting it out for awon boiz that wanted to read. Another venture i did then was renting out my Game boi (super mario) grin to my classmates. I think that was 93 also.

Nostalgic moments man.
Those days were good o.

You came to the party late. wink

That means you missed the Senegal 92 special edition where Mumini
Alao had an exclusive interview with Stephen Keshi.

Let's go back a bit. cheesy

The Westerhof interview in 1989 after we got bundled out of the
world cup qualifiers.

You're right. Those days were great.
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by youngies(m): 3:35pm On Mar 16, 2009
@akinlabi

I still have in my archives a copy of Mumini Alao's Complete Football post tournament anaysis after the Dream Team won gold in Atlanta '96
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by akinalabi(m): 3:57pm On Mar 16, 2009
youngies:

@akinlabi

I still have in my archives a copy of Mumini Alao's Complete Football post tournament anaysis after the Dream Team won gold in Atlanta '96

96? Thats recent grin
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by tkb417(m): 8:43am On Mar 17, 2009
You came to the party late. 

That means you missed the Senegal 92 special edition where Mumini
Alao had an exclusive interview with Stephen Keshi.

Let's go back a bit.

The Westerhof interview in 1989 after we got bundled out of the
world cup qualifiers.

You're right. Those days were great.
yeah i didnt buy that edition.
after that first ISR edition, i never missed any copies of the ISR, CF and CFI
Mumini Alao used to be my favorites then but i dunno why the guy is laying so low in Sports jounalism
The Jenkins Alumona, Michel Obi, Paul Basseys of this world shouldnt be taking all the glory.
some guys were really cool early 90s.

I think the publisher Sunny Obazu Ojeagbase should be given an award for that.

so Oga Akin Alabi, u bought the 89 edition shocked shocked shocked
i never enter secondary school that time grin grin even the 89 world cup qualifiers, na in bits i see the games
saw our game against Angola in Lagos, saw our game against Cameroon in Lagos and i think our game against Cameroon in Yaounde(not sure)

my brother, sports jounalism dey sweet dat time o
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 17, 2009
tkb,
Nigeria's game vs Cameroun was in Ibadan,Adamasingba stadium.
I think,because I lived there then.
Also I think Mitchell Obi has been around.he was with the Guardian in the 80s.He's an accomplished journalist in his own right.
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by tkb417(m): 5:32pm On Mar 17, 2009
Eastbay
are u serious? i tot the game was played in Lagos
But im sure the game against Angola was in lagos.

Sam Okwaraji sad sad
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by dayokanu(m): 12:01am On Mar 18, 2009
Okwaraji's incident was on my birthday August 12 1989
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by ayusco: 12:15pm On Mar 18, 2009
cheii u guys don old oooo shocked grin jokes apart men those were dem days, loved ac milan back then remember used to watch dem on that serie A highlights show on OGTV, marco van basten was just dope shevy+nistoolroy roolled into one, hmmm nostalgia
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by ayusco: 12:22pm On Mar 18, 2009
dayokanu:

yeah remember watchin the match against angola & seeing him collapse. such a talent only God knows good he might have become sad sad cry
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by akinalabi(m): 12:55pm On Mar 18, 2009
tkb417:

yeah i didnt buy that edition.
after that first ISR edition, i never missed any copies of the ISR, CF and CFI
Mumini Alao used to be my favorites then but i dunno why the guy is laying so low in Sports jounalism
The Jenkins Alumona, Michel Obi, Paul Basseys of this world shouldnt be taking all the glory.
some guys were really cool early 90s.

I wont say he is laying low. He is the MD of Complete
Communications, publishers of complete sports. His
"SoccerTalk" column every Monday is still as articulate
as ever.

tkb417:

I think the publisher Sunny Obazu Ojeagbase should be given an award for that.

The man is great. He's my mentor. I owe most of the things I know
in business to him. Spoke to him last week to tap more of his brain.

He doesnt do much of sports anymore. he focusses his attention
on his other publication, Success Digest.

tkb417:

so Oga Akin Alabi, u bought the 89 edition shocked shocked shocked
i never enter secondary school that time grin grin even the 89 world cup qualifiers, na in bits i see the games
saw our game against Angola in Lagos, saw our game against Cameroon in Lagos and i think our game against Cameroon in Yaounde(not sure)

I was also a kid then (JS 1 I think) but my brother was a fanatic
as well so we contribute money to buy.

Eastbay:

tkb,
Nigeria's game vs Cameroun was in Ibadan,Adamasingba stadium.
I think,because I lived there then.
Also I think Mitchell Obi has been around.he was with the Guardian in the 80s.He's an accomplished journalist in his own right.

It was actually the away game that got us knocked out. I
think we had David Ngodigha in goal.

You don live for my Ibadan before? grin

dayokanu:

Are you sure you did not have a hand in it? grin grin grin
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by tkb417(m): 8:00pm On Mar 18, 2009
Akin Alabi
i was in Primary 6 in 1989 and u were in JSS1 grin grin grin grin
i fit guess ur age be dat na

so Obazu is ur mentor? shocked
we need to talk o.
I used to have stacks of Success Digest in the UNI. I was preparing for any eventuality just in case whote collar jobs wouldnt come immediately.
But, as God go do am, na so one consulting firm just snapped me after nysc
That man is a great man. I surely will love to meet him one day.
I attended one of those sessions (when i was in UNI) i think at Okota.
i really need to meet that man one day. he deserves an award at least MON for what hes done for millions of Nigerians

so Mumini is the CEO of complete communications? is it still under Sunnys business empire or the sport part of the biz has been given to Mumini?
nyways, its gud ure close to these big men.

Dayo
na when Okwaraji die be ur birthday? we suppose check u up o cheesy
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by Ibime(m): 9:29pm On Mar 18, 2009
tkb, na so you old reach?

1989? Boy, thats when I got my first memory.
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by Sauron1: 1:20am On Mar 19, 2009
dayokanu:

HELLBOY angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by A40(m): 1:43am On Mar 19, 2009
Ibime:

Mehn enough papa's on this forum ooh i can't disclose where i was in 1989 for obvious reasons
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by dayokanu(m): 4:38am On Mar 19, 2009
That day wey Okwaraji die I dey watch am. I watch the game e be like say na Keshi score the only goal. HEADER

The first tournament I followed was Canada 1987(That final i cried so much that everyone in our house was begging me) and Chile 87 where brazilians Alcindo, Williams and co decimated our flying eagles.

Before Italy completed the Job.

Seoul 1988 I took a small transistor radio to school to monitor commentaries but the teacher seized it sad sad sad sad sad

China 85 na only the highlights I dey watch cos my Dad would have sent me to bed before games. i had a curfew then.

Una dey read ISR? Those days 1988-1989 Na Dauda Magazine me I dey read then grin grin grin grin grin

Reading under the desk in school and one day the teacher caught us and asked us to come and explain to the whole class/narrate the story we were reading
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by tkb417(m): 9:04am On Mar 19, 2009

grin grin grin o'l boi. I'll be 28 in June. was 8 at that time o

i no be old boi like that just that i had a fast tracked edu
used to be called kekere in secondary school cos i was the youngest.

I can remember trying to act senior to a pry 3 guy and when i saw the guys fist, i ran with my legs up in the sky grin

But all the years i saved in my pry/sec school, OAU took everything with plenty ASUU strikes.

Una dey read ISR? Those days 1988-1989 Na Dauda Magazine me I dey read then
i didnt read ISR till 93 o.
Dauda mag? thats the one that had Mr. Nackson
ol'boi, that mag na die. na major pracking den dey do for that mag na grin

Mehn enough papa's on this forum ooh i can't disclose where i was in 1989 for obvious reasons
89? u were probably celebrating ur first birthday grin grin grin
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by A40(m): 1:11pm On Mar 19, 2009
dayokanu:

Una dey read ISR? Those days 1988-1989 Na Dauda Magazine me I dey read then grin grin grin grin grin

Corrupt pikin grin grin

tkb417:

89? u were probably celebrating ur first birthday grin grin grin
Na you sabi.The young shall grow tongue tongue
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by dayokanu(m): 3:16pm On Mar 19, 2009
A40, How you self know wetin Dauda be? Na all the bad things for this world you know.

You know Gordon Spark, You know Dauda only God go save you oh shay na Jgirl dey teach you all those things?
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by Moonstone(f): 3:41pm On Mar 19, 2009
dayokanu:

You know Gordon Spark, You know Dauda only God go save you oh shay na Jgirl dey teach you all those things?
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Me? Teach who what?
It's A-40 that is corrupting me. I'm a very innocent shid (child).
Dayokanu, you know me. Would I ever know what Dauda is?
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by dayokanu(m): 3:47pm On Mar 19, 2009
See both of una siggy? ashawo ppl
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by akinalabi(m): 4:04pm On Mar 19, 2009
tkb417:

Akin Alabi
i was in Primary 6 in 1989 and u were in JSS1 grin grin grin grin
i fit guess ur age be dat na

No prizes for guessing. Early 30s. wink

tkb417:

so Obazu is ur mentor? shocked
we need to talk o.
I used to have stacks of Success Digest in the UNI. I was preparing for any eventuality just in case whote collar jobs wouldnt come immediately.
But, as God go do am, na so one consulting firm just snapped me after nysc
That man is a great man. I surely will love to meet him one day.
I attended one of those sessions (when i was in UNI) i think at Okota.
i really need to meet that man one day. he deserves an award at least MON for what hes done for millions of Nigerians

Yeah, lets talk. . .

He taught me how to do business and thankfully, I've been
a good student. I'm a regular guest speaker at his events.

tkb417:

so Mumini is the CEO of complete communications? is it still under Sunnys business empire or the sport part of the biz has been given to Mumini?
nyways, its gud ure close to these big men.

Success Digest is published by Success Attitude Development Centre
and Complete Sports published by Complete Communications. He
seperates them.

Mumini handles CCL and I think he has a major share there now.
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by A40(m): 4:09pm On Mar 19, 2009
dayokanu:

A40, How you self know wetin Dauda be? Na all the bad things for this world you know.

Na you kuku teach me.Why u dey read about Nackson and all those rubbish  undecided undecided

dayokanu:

See both of una siggy? ashawo ppl
Get out of my bidness
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by Ibime(m): 4:15pm On Mar 19, 2009
tkb417:

grin grin grin o'l boi. I'll be 28 in June. was 8 at that time o

i no be old boi like that just that i had a fast tracked edu
used to be called kekere in secondary school cos i was the youngest.

I can remember trying to act senior to a pry 3 guy and when i saw the guys fist, i ran with my legs up in the sky grin

I was also the youngest dude in my class. You had to be careful before speaking anyhow to junior boys cos some of them were old enough to be your senior brother. I still remember my biggest shame to date was losing a fight with one junior boy who was older than my older sister cos I has tried to discipline the fella. The thing pain me no be small. grin I remember 1989. I was 6 years old, in primary 2 then. If you were in primary 6, then you must have been a GENIUS!
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by tkb417(m): 4:34pm On Mar 19, 2009
I was also the youngest dude in my class. You had to be careful before speaking anyhow to junior boys cos some of them were old enough to be your senior brother. I still remember my biggest shame to date was losing a fight with one junior boy who was older than my older sister cos I has tried to discipline the fella. The thing pain me no be small. I remember 1989. I was 6 years old, in primary 2 then. If you were in primary 6, then you must have been a GENIUS!
hehehehe
Genius bawo. u want me to say here openly that i dint do pry 6 grin
i dont think any of ma siblings did pry 6. its from 5 to JSS1 straight!
i hope it wont come back to hunt me one day.
heared some orgs ask for staffs to come up with thier First School leaving Cert. where will i get mine from?
ill have to print it myself grin

Guy, trying to fight juniors then was never a good story for me. They were heavily built such that just one slap will send me to my grave.
Thank God i survived every.

Akinalabi
so u speak at those sessions?
you are a great man o (udeme) grin
I'll try to link you through Sauron
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by dayokanu(m): 4:31am On Mar 20, 2009
Me I be teacher pikin so those boys no fit touch me. but it also has a bad side cos they would choose me for "SET" dem dey fear to injure teacher pikin grin grin grin
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by tayoccu(m): 1:12pm On Mar 20, 2009
DK

let's see how your boys'll fare against 5 star opposition
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by showbobo(m): 12:26am On May 10, 2009
cool thread wink wink
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by mystikal(m): 9:04pm On May 13, 2009
ol' boy see memories!
d 1st major tournament i actually followed was Algiers 90, then Italia 90. tho i can still remember bits of the 87 - 89 youth tournaments.

U can guess my age from there! lol
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by Emperoh(m): 11:31am On May 14, 2009
Nawa ooh!!! See grandpas here!! Even Dayo? And TKB
Where una grand pickin dem dey sef?

Ma na Japan 93 wey i begin follow footie wella!!
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by sleeksolo: 4:56pm On Jun 26, 2010
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by sleeksolo: 4:57pm On Jun 26, 2010

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Brentford Vs Arsenal: EFL Cup 0 - 1 On 27th September 2023 / Names Of Chelsea Coaches Sacked Under Roman Abramovich / English/australia Football Pool Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.