Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co (38930 Views)

Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix / Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash / Falana Threatens To Drag Buhari To Court If Killings Continue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by Mbediogu(m): 12:11pm On Jun 14, 2015
barcanista:
Why is President Buhari not doing anything with respect to the actions of these terrorists that disguise themselves as herdsmen? How long will they continue to kill ethnic minorities in the North Central? The painful aspect is that soldiers don't seem to be helping matters. Left for me, I will say the locals should mobilise themselves and defend their land, their lives and their communities. Enough is enough

RIP to the victims

More than the government the onus lies on every person to defend himsslf using every means available. Why should they sleep on their safety and life only to waks up and blame government? Dont they have youth?

4 Likes

Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by DropShot: 12:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
komek:
Person wey him house dey on fire no dey chase rat o. Buhari is globe trotting making blunders here and there while his people are killing Riyom/ Barikin Ladi pple in Job plateau state.
In GEJ's almost six years, why couldn't he arrest the ugly tide?

What happens with the state government? Use your brain!
Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by kurocyte(m): 12:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
One day the river will overflow!

I am ijaw by tribe and feel pained when these vile beasts unleash terror on innocent people. My advice is that no one has monopoly of violence. The LGA should mobilise, get arms, recruit the youths, kill as much Fulani as possible to send a message to the others.

Enough is enough. Gun full everywhere! Defend yourself with all you've got!

Bloodthirsty beasts! I'm pissed!!! angry

5 Likes

Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by rocoh(m): 12:17pm On Jun 14, 2015
HeGeMon:
The truth about this post is that this attack happened yesterday the 13th of June, and I swear to you this is the 7th attack since may 29th and never was any of these happenings raised in the main stream media, worse off is that when it is even discussed its treated as an act of violent interface, but for Gods sake do these dead pple look like pple who where in any form of violent pursuit?? I think this one has gone too far, my pple there are more evidence dat I can't paste, because of its sensitivity, can u imagine the pains of children been bludgeoned, some are even sliced into half, mothers are burnt to death, and livelihoods are destroyed these pple are a replica of demonic savages.

Boss if you have more pictures or info, kindly spread d word. It could get to the right people. Silence is a no no. Keep on sharing and pasting
Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by Realist2: 12:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
knockturnal:
Nairaland ( Nigeria) is getting too graphic these days..

Since Buhari assumed office Nigerians have experienced many tragedies, from one graphics accidents to fire inferno, or killing by fulanis Terrorists, on average deaths per day ranges between 19 -36.

2 Likes

Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by jossyj: 12:21pm On Jun 14, 2015
Mbediogu:

More than the government the onus lies on every person to defend himsslf using every means available. Why should they sleep on their safety and life only to waks up and blame government? Dont they have youth?

what can they use to defend themselves where it's illegal to carry arms and armunitions
Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by bigiyaro(m): 12:22pm On Jun 14, 2015
its jst very unfortunate however, these killins will continue cos its seriously aided by both d fed govt forces aka jtf n the local population.i know of cases were some of d villagers are paid to serve as guides to gunsmen to attack their own villages.
Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by dom(m): 12:23pm On Jun 14, 2015
I'm surprised many of you expect Buhari to give a hoot about this senseless killings by his kinsmen. Didnt you guys listen to his inaugural speech? Didnt you hear him mention cattle rustling as part of the things bothering Nigeria. Lwkmd. He's obviously more interested in that than in the reign of terror his kinsmen unleashes every now and then.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by shammah1(m): 12:24pm On Jun 14, 2015
barcanista:
And the man was talking of probing the army for killing BH terrorists. Please, you guys should mobilise yourself and take the bull by the horn.
Soldiers have killed lots of our people who tried to defend their selves and lands. No one is doing anything about these barbaric crimes against humanity. I recall back in 2013 when our distinguish senator, Dr. Gyang Dantong was killed in cold blood in Barkin Ladi LGC together with over 1000 innocent villagers when he attended a mass burial of the villagers that were massacred by the fulanis. There he met his fate when they were ambushed and killed at the mass burial ground.

1 Like

Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by mister22shotzz: 12:28pm On Jun 14, 2015
There are 21 rules on the comment section.

First ever forum I've come across like this. Everything to do with naija is done to the extreme or with little to no effort lol. wth
Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by eagleeye2: 12:29pm On Jun 14, 2015
By Agbaakin Kehinde Olaosebikan
Alhaji Lam Onaolapo Adesina,Oyo State governor from
May 29, 1999 to May 29, 2003, passed on to glory on
Sunday, 11, November, aged 73 years. Lam rose to
the pinnacle of all his callings in life. He got to the
zenith of his career as a teacher; as a social crusader,
he got state recognition and was tagged a ‘prisoner of
war’. Politically, he did not only realize his ambition of
becoming the governor of his state, he achieved the
extra ordinary by installing a governor, not while in
power but eight years after he had left office.
Since Sunday, torrents of tributes have been pouring
in from various quarters all extolling the virtues of
Alhaji Adesina . He has been described in many
superlative words, establishing the fact that he was a
great man. But how great really was the husband of
the benign Alhaja Sarat Adeola Adesina? As his Chief
Press Secretary while he served as the governor of
Oyo State, I will transmit a story of how he disciplined
a former military Head of State and prevented what
could have led to the Nigerian second civil war.
[b]It was on 13 October 2000, when words went round
that General Muhammadu Buhari was leading the
Arewa team to the governor’s office to confront the
state over alleged killings of Fulani cattle rearers in
Saki, Oke Ogun Area of the state. Buhari did actually
telephone the governor that he was leading a team to
his office.
In less than 30 minutes after the general informed the
governor of his visit, we noticed that the entire
secretariat was already filled with lorry loads of our
brothers from the North. This created some tension
but we kept our calm. At about 2 p.m., Buhari arrived
in a long convoy at the governor’s office in company of
the former governor of Lagos State, General Buba
Marwa, Alhaji Aliko Muhammed, Alhaji Abdulrazak and
Alhaji Hassan. They all wore long faces. In fact, the
anger in them was palpable as all pleasantries
extended to them were ignored. “This is trouble” was
the expression on the faces of all of us in the
governor’s office.[/b]
Shortly afterwards, the state Director of State Security
Service (SSS) and Commissioner of Police arrived. But
their presence did not change anything particular on
the fears that had already gripped majority of us. The
two security chiefs did not come with any operatives,
they came almost alone.
Late Lam Adesina Photo NAN
The meeting was called to order after Lam walked
into the Executive Chambers. Introductions over,
Buhari spoke on their mission to the governor’s office.
Emitting fire, the general accused Lam and the
government of Oyo State of complicity in the killing of
over 68 Fulani people in Oke Ogun area and
perversion of justice.
[b]His words: “Your Excellency, our visit here is to discuss
with you and your government our displeasure about
the incident of clashes between two peoples… the
Fulani cattle rearers and merchants are today being
harassed , attacked and killed like in Saki. In the
month of May, 2000, 68 bodies of Fulani cattle rearers
were recovered and buried under the supervision and
protection from a team of Mobile Police from Oyo
State Command.
“ That some arrests were made by Oyo State Police
Command in the massacre with their immediate
release without court trial. This was said to have
been ordered by Oyo State authorities and they were
so released to their amazement. The release of the
arrested suspects gave the clear impression that the
authorities are backing and protecting them to
continue the unjust and illegal killings of Fulani cattle
rearers…”
According to the general, they therefore wanted
immediate stoppage of the killings, justice and
compensation to the Fulanis.[/b]
As weighty and indicting as Buhari’s allegations were,
Lam remained unperturbed. He fired back with his
own well coordinated arsenals.
Lam identified all the points raised by Buhari and
simply asked the heads of the organizations directly
involved to respond to the allegations.
First to speak was the Commissioner of Police who
debunked all the claims. Instead of the allegation that
the natives were killing Fulanis, the commissioner said
pointedly that the opposite was the case.
“ The killing of the natives by the Fulanis was duly
reported to the police and, of course, we can’t make
arrest because, as soon as they kill, they migrate to
other areas. Who are you going to arrest? That is the
problem”. On the killing of Fulanis, which he said
was as result of “piled up anger”, the commissioner
disclosed that arrests had been made and the
suspects were in police custody.
Next was the Director of SSS, who equally debuked
the allegations by Buhari. “The natives don’t have
problem with the Fulanis who are resident but those
who are coming in, they don’t care about anybody.
They just go ahead and when they graze the natives
farms, whoever cares to challenge them runs into
trouble. You said 68 people were killed , and people
driven away. I am not saying there were no killings
but they cannot be more than five. The petition is on
the harsh side, there is nothing like that.”
Not done yet, Lam called in his Deputy, Barrister Iyiola
Oladokun; his SSG, Chief Michael Koleoso, both from
Oke Ogun, and the chairman of one of the affected
local government areas, Mr Ademola Alalade. They
stated the true position of things, corroborating the
submissions of the security chiefs. At this point, all the
tensions and apprehensions evaporated.
Trust Lam any day, he must rub it in. He spoke for
about 20 minutes and the generals were at the edge
of their seats for the entire period. They were like
chicken that had just been thoroughly beaten by the
rain.
[b]Lam said: “ Before I thank you for this visit, you have
come to tell me something. I also want to tell you
something and that something is to make an appeal.
General Buhari has been a former Head of State,
Brigadier Marwa has governed Lagos for some time
and with credibility… so you are national leaders of
this country. Even though, by accident of birth, you
are from the North, you can be born anywhere; may
be next time when I am coming to the world, I will be
born in the North or the South-South.
“My appeal will be that effort must be made to unite
this country and that will be ïn the best interest of all
Nigerians. I am appealing to the Arewa Consultative
Forum, under which auspices our distinguished
Nigerians are here; in recent times, they have been
sending wrong signals to a number of us who believe
in the unity and peace of Nigeria; you have been too
critical of the efforts of the Federal Government. I am
saying this because Nigeria, at this point, cannot afford
to break and the words you northern leaders utter are
very weighty, at the South here, we normally analyze
them critically”.[/b]
On all the allegations, he said: “From what they have
written in the petition, this government is completely
blameless because we don’t interfere either with the
judiciary or with the police functions. I always preach
peaceful co-existence in Oyo State and Nigeria as a
whole. We are all Nigerians and that is what we have
been preaching all along and we shall continue to be
Nigerians , no matter the present or immediate
problems which will be solved by the grace of Allah.
“I want to say also that we really have to appeal to
our people, the itinerant Bororo people, that they
should observe less aggression. It is not good , it is not
right just coming from somewhere then you just pass
through farm lands cultivated may be with the
person’s life savings and then over night everything is
gone. That is not right, even Allah does not approve of
that.
We even wonder when they talk about this people
carrying dangerous weapons, I say do they really
believe in Allah? When you just take life like that and
go away! Are we not forbidden not to take human
life? So I think General Buhari, General Marwa, you
have to be educating them… It is my pleasure to
inform you that at the Presidential Lodge, we have
made some arrangements for refreshments so that
before you go we can refresh together”.
Buhari and his team did not wait for any
refreshments. They came in angry and left
bewildered. ADIEU! GREAT LAM!
*OLAOSEBIKAN, WAS CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY TO
ALHAJI LAM ADESINA
www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/day-lam-adesina-clashed-with-buhari-marwa-others/

4 Likes

Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by Ojiofor: 12:32pm On Jun 14, 2015
Where is Gen Gowon when you need him? Oh I forgot,the coward can't challenge his masters.
Give the old fo.ol microphone he will talk bul.shit about Biafra and Ojukwu while his people are being decimated on daily basis by his fulani masters.

3 Likes

Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 14, 2015
HeGeMon:
These are evidence of continuous Fulani incursions and their rampage on innocent pple who simply go to their farms, as we can see in the pictures, some of the dead were on their farm gear killed between their farm ridges. This Madness must stop, while the military are busy collecting monies from the herdsmen & even helping them to facilitate these ethnic agenda, pls lets help these pple of Riyom, Barkin- ladi LGAs these are a daily occurrences that are not even given attention in the media or government attention, it is most important that something is done and done urgently.
Kill them all! This is exactly the same way they killed biafrans in the year 1966. Gowon!! The sins of the father lives after them.

2 Likes

Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by eagleeye2: 12:39pm On Jun 14, 2015
Buhari cannot do anything against his brothers. The Plateau state people just need to take heart. Maybe Amnesty International will help them.
Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 14, 2015
I tire o
Mbediogu:

Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by mark2sunny(m): 12:42pm On Jun 14, 2015
adexsimply:

Sorry sir, but you're a very big 1diot. What the heck is wrong with your brain?
and some 1diots like you liked your posts? This is so disheartening

Oga wisdom what wrong has he done pls
Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 14, 2015
I recall vividly the death of Sen Dantong and others. It was so painful to say the least. But you guys shd be defending yourselves against those bastards
shammah1:
Soldiers have killed lots of our people who tried to defend their selves and lands. No one is doing anything about these barbaric crimes against humanity. I recall back in 2013 when our distinguish senator, Dr. Gyang Dantong was killed in cold blood in Barkin Ladi LGC together with over 1000 innocent villagers when he attended a mass burial of the villagers that were massacred by the fulanis. There he met his fate when they were ambushed and killed at the mass burial ground.
Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by NonnyDot(m): 12:48pm On Jun 14, 2015
they will always tell us to wait for change, until everyone dies. am decamping to PDP joor
Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by Gwan2(m): 12:49pm On Jun 14, 2015
barcanista:
Why is President Buhari not doing anything with respect to the actions of these terrorists that disguise themselves as herdsmen? How long will they continue to kill ethnic minorities in the North Central? The painful aspect is that soldiers don't seem to be helping matters. Left for me, I will say the locals should mobilise themselves and defend their land, their lives and their communities. Enough is enough

RIP to the victims
You have jus nailed it with the bolded........Seriously i dont know why some people are so chicken hearted especially from the christian communities. These communities have so called village head.....Cant you guy secretly purchase guns anyhow (afterall hausa boys dey get guns fight during crisis, we dont know how dem get the guns), bow and arrows etc....then secretly train your youths on how to use them...If the guns are expensive, you can purchase local hunter's gun atleast....And above all BAN ALL FUNLANI SETTLERS OR INDIGENES from entry your communities as is done is KAGORO ( a village in kaduna state).
I trust hausa communities on this pre-emptive measures.....When the likes of chachangi and co dey buy guns keep for mosques for their almajiri youth incase of religious fight for KD....Na when dem come invade their community dem go slack off
Seriously speaking, is your land,you have to defend it with the last drop of your blood.....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by eagleeye2: 12:50pm On Jun 14, 2015
barcanista:
I recall vividly the death of Sen Dantong and others. It was so painful to say the least. But you guys shd be defending yourselves against those bastards
Bro, defend themselves with what exactly? Knives and sticks, against the Fulanis using guns.

1 Like

Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by Rexyl(m): 12:51pm On Jun 14, 2015
For how long will this Fulani tribe continues to live as thorn in the flesh of other Nigerians? Thier activities so far are directed towards destruction of Nigeria. They derive pleasure livng as parasites. In all our communities they cause more harm than good.
Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 14, 2015
and what did ur master GEJ do to curb such acts. Stop displaying the ineptitude of your reasoning by blaming the president. Killing is everywhere, we should address law breaking and enforce stiff penalties maybe the senseless killings will stop

HeGeMon:
These are evidence of continuous Fulani incursions and their rampage on innocent pple who simply go to their farms, as we can see in the pictures, some of the dead were on their farm gear killed between their farm ridges. This Madness must stop, while the military are busy collecting monies from the herdsmen & even helping them to facilitate these ethnic agenda, pls lets help these pple of Riyom, Barkin- ladi LGAs these are a daily occurrences that are not even given attention in the media or government attention, it is most important that something is done and done urgently.

1 Like

Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by mike404(m): 12:58pm On Jun 14, 2015
adexsimply:

YOU SOUND LIKE A SLAVE

2 Likes

Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by disqus(m): 12:58pm On Jun 14, 2015
Nigerians have been feigning ignorance of the activities Fulani marauders. Sooner than later, the silence of the majority shall eat them up. In between, the Fulanis must be reminded that they shall reap what they sow.
Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by strongerthaneva(m): 1:00pm On Jun 14, 2015
Bruno3000:
he may be right u knw... How well do u knw Buhari?
I think that question is for Gods...Ask them again they waiting to answer u..
Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by harizonal123(m): 1:03pm On Jun 14, 2015
These guys r farmers working on their farm land when they were killed
Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by Realist2: 1:05pm On Jun 14, 2015
Wildrage:
This is gruesome and heart rending , until we start holding these senseless bandits and marauders from futa jallon accountable for their crimes, the wanton killings of innocent and defenseless souls won't abate. Since independence, as a nation, we've stupidly acquiesced to their notion of superiority and docilely accept their sense of divine entitlement. They graze their cattles on other people's farmlands in the process destroying their means of livelihoods, whenever the people protest, they resort to killing and maiming. Instead of the authorities apprehending and punishing them, they sue for peace as if it's right to amicably settle the armed robbers and their hapless victims.

The rest of Nigeria wanted independence, we had to wait for them to be ready, they won't go to school, we created nomadic education so teachers can follow them around as they migrate from town to town. They move their cattles on major roads even in day time , in the process endangering the lives of motorists and pedestrians and we dare not complain. This culture of appeasement must stop

Sir, u,ve realy spoken well,but what do we collectively do to abate this, when this fulanis/ terrorists strike we all come out to condemn their action and go back to our enclave until they strike again and the vicious acts continue while these beasts made head away.
Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by mike404(m): 1:09pm On Jun 14, 2015
deyinkadeji:
and what did ur master GEJ do to curb such acts. Stop displaying the ineptitude of your reasoning by blaming the president. Killing is everywhere, we should address law breaking and enforce stiff penalties maybe the senseless killings will stop

shocked shocked shocked OH WELL I CAN ONLY BLAME AFONJA THAT SOLD YOU GUYZ INTO SLAVERY. O MA SE O

2 Likes

Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by ToughestTee(f): 1:11pm On Jun 14, 2015
adexsimply:

He is saying d truth n u called him an 1diot? U are a bigger 1diot n a fool. I pray dey kill all ur family members Dats if u have sef cos u seem like a bastard

1 Like

Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
where is that im.be.ci.le called Gowon

1 Like

Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by RapLawd(m): 1:13pm On Jun 14, 2015
HeGeMon:

The things tire me ooo nobi small, Fulani g has been the must aggressive like people in this nation, always butchering people like animal for any provocative and none provocative issues, may God Almighty help us....
Re: Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co by Bruno3000(m): 1:14pm On Jun 14, 2015
strongerthaneva:
I think that question is for Gods...Ask them again they waiting to answer u..
then do not rush into conclusion to the point of insulting odas for simply airing their views... Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aisha Yesufu Blasts Rotimi Amaechi For Denying Kidnappers' Attack / Apostle Suleman Prays For Governor Obaseki (Photos) / Soldiers Capture Unknown Gunman In Anambra. 15 Kidnapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.