Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? (53218 Views)

How Old Was Adam When God Created Him? / What Race Was Adam? And You Say Evolution Is Crap? / Lagos Pastor Heals Mad Man On The Street (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by millhouse: 8:40am On Jun 28, 2015
leke12:
No! Why? Because if Adam was d first man we would have the same DNA,ur genealogy is trace only by DNA and its unique to each family tree line even if it is 10,000 old.
that solves it
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by An2elect2(f): 8:41am On Jun 28, 2015
baywatch84:
how sure are you? Is it because it is stated in the Bible? You are a layman brainwashed with the allegory of the cave, you are still in religious darkness, close your eyes and ask the what if questions, what if it is stated in the Bible that thou shall kill so you will start killing abi? How do you know you are going to hell fire? Its the fear, the make belief by the Christians it's called appeal to force when other appeals had failed, it instill fear in the mind, we don't know what God want or need from us

grin grin And the crown for the dumbest comment made in 2015 on religion section goes to, no other but the urrm i just quoted.

I am too sure of everything I've been saying. In short over sure dey worry me grin
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 28, 2015
OrigamiIII:
The question is how were the different human races created or come into existence? Was Adam a black man, white, brown or chinese?

If they were truly the first people on earth, that means their sons and daughters had sex with each other? If yes then we should have same DNA. And be the same race.

Or will someone now say that when they moved around the world they formed new race? That will be funny because when you take a black man from Africa to maybe Asia, it doesn't make him an Asian. Except he start crossbredding. Before he can start reproducing Asian.
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by MostRanking(m): 8:44am On Jun 28, 2015
[quote author=Barnabaseloka post=34765806]
1. Op, which one do you believe as a christian- God's word or theories propounded by men?
2. If you know of any man that came before Adam, p/s tell us.
Answer to question no.2. Adam oshiomole
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by Giitheon(m): 8:44am On Jun 28, 2015
@op...To what end? what point are u trying to make? its either u are a christian that believes God's word,or u are not.Ok let me make it simple.I have strong convinctions that i was created by God.u You prefer mens propounted theory of evolution.....so see it dis way,i was created by God;and u evolved from apes.CHIKENA......stop confusing those New Born babies in Christ! since u've decided to be confused........peace!

1 Like

Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by Timbaks(m): 8:45am On Jun 28, 2015
OP, I would agree with you if you say the books in the bible are incomplete but the words in the bible are as real as the blood flowing in your veins. If anyone believed Darwin's claims then I guess the name of the first man would also have been provided by his claim.

Afterall, people like L.S.B Leaky and others came up with differing postulations as to the origin of man but so far which is the most accurate and precise up till date if not the biblical version!

Descartes in KEY PHILOSOPHICAL WRITINGS, claimed that there exists a real distinction between the mind and the body known as "cartesian dualism" he also aserted that God placed the idea of himself in us just as the mark of the craftsman is stamped in his work and the reason is along the line that 'I am not perfect (there is more perfection in knowledged than in doubt and since I doubt many matters I am not a perfect being) yet I have in me the idea of supreme perfection(I.e the idea of supreme perfect being- God)'

So if OP believes that God exists and yet doubts his word hasn't he just proved to be who we all are, imperfect beings who believe there's more perfection in knowledge than in doubt? Miracles would then be termed as what? Hoax, scams or real?

May God help us all!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by ChynoBEATS: 8:47am On Jun 28, 2015
An2elect2:

where in the bible ?

Thanks for quoting

Why did GOD place a mark on cains head so he wont be killed??

Why did GOD weep n say "NOW man has become like us "

In the bible .......they were called the Sons of GOD
N the bible said they Lust for the Daughters of Man

Dear .......the bible is deeper than you think...... Its coded ...... Thats why its good to make research about things youre confused about

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by leke12(m): 8:48am On Jun 28, 2015
realglob:

Does this mean that all family has dsame DNA
yes! Each family tree have the same DNA if they are from the same bloodline(first ancestor), that's why u can identify if your children are either father by u or not since u hav d dna of ur father-grand father-great grand father- to the first bloodline. If u ar closer to ur village elders u can still trace ur bloodline to 500yrs at least but pple don't jst kip history.
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 28, 2015
baibijay:

If they were truly the first people on earth, that means their sons and daughters had sex with each other? If yes then we should have same DNA. And be the same race.
Or will someone now say that when they moved around the world they formed new race? That will be funny because when you take a black man from Africa to maybe Asia, it doesn't make him an Asian. Except he start crossbredding. Before he can start reproducing Asian.
Ask yourself Why your puppy no have the same DNA like hm Papa. This science you guys are talking about can't even tell where the wind comes from or where it goes. They see the snow come but they don't know where it stays. They can't even explain Why fingers is not equal. People here discussing with you guys don't know what they are into. Your fears is what is disturbing you...you are here for the purpose which nairaland is made for.... You Freemasons will be damned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by penguin12: 8:51am On Jun 28, 2015
You don't believe in God chikena.
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by okwandu: 8:52am On Jun 28, 2015
sylarsquins:

I believe in the scientific explantion on the evolution of man because it provides acuurate details and explanation on how Man came into being.

The Christian point of view is base on beliefs, no true facts recorded and besides fossils of the early Man are still being dug out by archaeologist.

Ask youself this one question, what is the proof that Adam was indeed the 1st man on earth?.
leke12:
yes! Each family tree have the same DNA if they are from the same bloodline(first ancestor), that's why u can identify if your children are either father by u or not since u hav d dna of ur father-grand father-great grand father- to the first bloodline. If u ar closer to ur village elders u can still trace ur bloodline to 500yrs at least but pple don't jst kip history.
sylarsquins:

I believe in the scientific explantion on the evolution of man because it provides acuurate details and explanation on how Man came into being.

The Christian point of view is base on beliefs, no true facts recorded and besides fossils of the early Man are still being dug out by archaeologist.

Ask youself this one question, what is the proof that Adam was indeed the 1st man on earth?.
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by ChynoBEATS: 8:53am On Jun 28, 2015
An2elect2:

where in the bible ?

Goliath is 4rm their Union with the daughters of man

Thats why he was the strongest Being during his time .............

Remember when the Israelites went to spy on the Sons of Anak??

Numbers 13:33

We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak "Anakim" come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them."

........................ Nephilims where on Earth too .........
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by abeyvita(m): 8:54am On Jun 28, 2015
'Doubting genesis theory' pray for God mercy.
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by ylordy(m): 8:54am On Jun 28, 2015
sylarsquins:

So ur tryna tell me Adam populated d earth, if yes then y we all different n remember Eve was his only woman?.

Sometimes we let religion and the bible deceive us, well am no longer in that category.

I now believe in facts and what I see. So you can quote the bible all you want I still aint coming around anytime soon.
facts and truth are not the same thing, am sorry for you,you choose to belive that you come from ape then where did ape come from,from grasses abi.anyway bible warn us against argument like this but befor I rest my case... Bro you are on the wrong side.

1 Like

Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by Nobody: 8:55am On Jun 28, 2015
So you rather believe that you evolved from a monkey and your monkey ancestor evolved from a fish? Does that even make any sense? Get close to God and start reading your bible often.

1 Like

Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 28, 2015
sylarsquins:
The Big question is " How did Man come into existence"?. The many religions we have today and those of the old gods possesses different beliefs on how Man came into being.

As a Christian, i learnt through the bible how Man came into life and I don't have to share it because I believe everyone knows that including non Christians because am not here to quote the Bible as am not that religious.

The generally known belief on how man came into the world is best explained through academia which states the evolution of man proposes that humans and apes derive from an apelike ancestor that lived on earth a few million years ago. The theory states that man, through a combination of environmental and genetic factors, emerged as a species to produce the variety of ethnicities seen today, while modern apes evolved on a separate evolutionary
pathway.

My BIG question is, which should we believe and if Truly Adam came 1st from God, how then did he populate the world to what it is right now?.

OP i see you need help in your walk with God! Your post is a cry for help. I want you to read something i posted after this introduction. Its a must read for people in your situation. Please be patient and read it because i excluded any and every bible references so its just a simple logical reasoning same as yours.

[b]Young people, and even adults, often wonder how all the varieties or "races" of people could come from the same original human ancestors. Well, in principle, that's no different than asking how children with different color hair (i.e., blond, brunette, brown, red ) can come from the same parents who both have black hair.

Just as some individuals today carry genes to produce descendants with different color hair and eyes, humanity's first parents, Adam and Eve, possessed genes to produce all the variety and races of men. You and I today may not carry the genes to produce every variety or race of humans, but humanity's first parents did possess such genes.

All varieties of humans carry genes for the same basic traits, but not all humans carry every possible variation of those genes. For example, one person may be carrying several variations of the gene for eye color ( i.e., brown, green, blue ) , but someone else may be carrying only one variation of the gene for eye color ( i.e., brown ). Thus, both will have different abilities to affect the eye color of their offspring.

Some parents with black hair, for example, are capable of producing children with blond hair, but their blond children (because they inherit only recessive genes) will not have the ability to produce children with black hair unless they mate with someone else who has black hair. If the blond descendants only mate with other blondes then the entire line and population will only be blond even though the original ancestor was black-haired.

In reality there is only one race - the human race - within which exists myriad variations and permutations.

The evidence from science shows that only microevolution (variations within a biological "kind" such as the varieties of dogs, cats, horses, cows, etc.) is possible but not macroevolution (variations across biological "kinds", especially from simpler kinds to more complex ones). The only evolution that occurs in Nature is microevolution (or horizontal evolution) but not macroevolution (vertical evolution).

The genetic ability for microevolution exists in Nature but not the genetic ability for macroevolution. The genes (chemical and genetic instructions or programs) for microevolution exist in every species but not the genes for macroevolution. Unless Nature has the intelligence and ability to perform genetic engineering (to construct entirely new genes and not just to produce variations and new combinations of already existing genes) then macroevolution will never be possible in Nature.

We have varieties of dogs today that we didn't have a couple of hundred years ago. All of this is just another example of microevolution (horizontal evolution) in Nature. No matter how many varieties of dogs come into being they will always remain dogs and not change or evolve into some other kind of animal. Even the formation of an entirely new species of plant or animal from hybridization will not support Darwinian evolution since such hybridization does not involve any production of new genetic information but merely the recombination of already existing genes.

Modifications and new combinations of already existing genes for already existing traits have been shown to occur in nature but never the production of entirely new genes or new traits. This is true even with genetic mutations. For example, mutations in the genes for human hair may change the genes so that another type of human hair develops, but the mutations won't change the genes for human hair so that feathers, wings, or entirely new traits develop. Mutations may even cause duplication of already existing traits (i.e. an extra finger, toe, etc. even in another part of the body!), but none of these things qualify as new traits.

Evolutionists believe that, if given enough time, random or chance mutations in the genetic code caused by random environmental forces such as radiation will produce entirely new genes for entirely new traits which natural selection can act upon or preserve.

However, there is no scientific evidence whatsoever that random mutations have the ability to generate entirely new genes which would program for the development of entirely new traits in species. It would require genetic engineering to accomplish such a feat. Random genetic mutations caused by the environment will never qualify as genetic engineering!

Mutations are accidents in the sequential molecular structure of the genetic code and they are almost always harmful, as would be expected from accidents. Of course, just like some earthquakes that don't do any damage to buildings, there are also mutations that don't do any biological harm. But, even if a good mutation does occur for every good mutation there will be hundreds of harmful ones with the net result over time being disastrous for the species.

Furthermore, only those mutations produced in the genes of reproductive cells, such as sperm in the male and ovum (or egg cell) in the female, are passed on to offspring. Mutations and any changes produced in other body cells are not transmitted. For example, if a woman were to lose a finger it would not result in her baby being born with a missing finger. Similarly, even if an ape ever learned to walk upright, it could not pass this characteristic on to its descendants. Thus, modern biology has disproved the once-held theory that acquired characteristics from the environment can be transmitted into the genetic code of offspring.

Most biological variations within a biological kind (i.e. varieties of humans, dogs, cats, horses, mice, etc.) are the result of new combinations of already existing genes and not because of mutations.

For those who are not read-up on their biology, a little information on genes would be helpful here. What we call "genes" are actually segments of the DNA molecule. DNA, or the genetic code, is composed of a molecular string of various nucleic acids (chemical letters) which are arranged in a sequence just like the letters found in the words and sentences of a book. It is this sequence of nucleic acids in DNA that tells the cells of our body how to construct (or build) various proteins, tissues, and organs such as nose, eyes, brain, etc. If the nucleic acids in the genetic code are not in the correct sequence then malfunctioning, or even worse, harmful proteins may form causing serious health problems and even death.

There is no law in science that nucleic acids have to come together in a particular sequence. Any nucleic acid can just as easily bond with any other. The only reason for why nucleic acids are found in a particular sequence in the DNA of the cells of our bodies is because they are directed to do so by previously existing DNA. When new cells form in our bodies the DNA of the old cells direct the formation of the DNA in the new cells.

The common belief among evolutionists is that, if given millions of years, radiation and other environmental forces will cause enough random changes (mutations) to occur in the sequential structure of the genetic code of a species so that entirely new sequences for entirely new genes will develop which in turn will program for the formation of entirely new biological traits, organs, and structures that natural selection can then act upon.

Would it be rational to believe that by randomly changing the sequence of letters in a cookbook that you will eventually get a book on astronomy? Of course not! And if the book were a living being it would have died in the process of such random changes.

Such changes, as transforming one book into another or the DNA of one species into the DNA of another, especially one more complex, simply cannot occur by random or chance alterations. It would require intelligent planning and design to change one book into another or to change the DNA of a simpler species into the DNA of a more complex one.

Yes, it is true that the raw biological materials and chemicals to make entirely new genes exist in every species, but the problem is that the random forces of nature (i.e. radiation, etc.) simply have no ability to rearrange those chemicals and biological materials into entirely new genes programming for entirely new traits. Again, mutations only have the ability to produce variations of already existing traits. It would require intelligent manipulation of genetic material (genetic engineering) to turn a fish into a human being. The random forces of the environment cannot perform such genetic engineering!

If the environment doesn't possess the ability to perform genetic engineering and if macro-evolution really did not occur then how else can one explain the genetic and biological similarities which exist between various species and, indeed, all of life. Although it cannot be scientifically proven, creationists believe that the only rational explanation for the genetic and biological similarities between all forms of life is due to a common Designer who designed and created similar functions for similar purposes and different functions for different purposes in all of the various forms of life from the simplest to the most complex. Even humans employ this principle of common design in planning the varied architecture of buildings!

If humans must use intelligence to perform genetic engineering, to meaningfully manipulate the genetic code, then what does that say about the origin of the genetic code itself!

Many have confused natural selection with evolution itself. Yes, Charles Darwin did show that natural selection occurs in nature, but what many don't understand is that natural selection itself does not produce biological traits or variations.

Natural selection can only "select" from biological variations that are produced and which have survival value. The real issue is what biological variations can be naturally produced. What biological variations are naturally possible? When a biological change or variation occurs within a species and this new variation (such as a change in skin color, etc.) helps that species to survive in its environment then that variation will be preserved ("selected"wink and be passed on to offspring. That is called "natural selection" or "survival of the fittest". But, neither "natural selection" nor "survival of the fittest" has anything to do with producing biological traits and variations.

The term "natural selection" is simply a figure of speech. Nature, of course, does not do any active or conscious selecting. It is an entirely passive process. Darwin did not realize what produced biological variations. Darwin simply assumed that any kind of biological change or variation was possible in life. However, we now know that biological traits and variations are determined by the genetic code.

Natural selection works with evolution but it is not evolution itself. Again, since natural selection can only "select" from biological variations that are possible, the real question to be asking is what kind of biological variations are naturally possible. How much biological variation (or how much evolution) is naturally possible in Nature? As we have seen all biological variation or evolution is limited to within plant and animal kinds.

Another reason for why macroevolution is not possible in Nature is because a half-evolved and useless organ waiting millions of years to be completed by random mutations would be a liability and hindrance to a species - not exactly a prime candidate for natural selection. In fact, how could species have survived over, supposedly, millions of years while their vital (or necessary) organs were still in the process of evolving!

How, for example, were animals breathing, eating, and reproducing if their respiratory, digestive, and reproductive organs were still incomplete and evolving? How were species fighting off possibly life-threatening germs if their immune system hadn't fully evolved yet?

Scientist and creationist Dr. Walt Brown, in his fantastic book "In The Beginning", makes this point by saying, "All species appear fully developed, not partially developed. They show design. There are no examples of half-developed feathers, eyes, skin, tubes (arteries, veins, intestines, etc.), or any of thousands of other vital organs. Tubes that are not 100% complete are a liability; so are partially developed organs and some body parts. For example, if a leg of a reptile were to evolve into a wing of a bird, it would become a bad leg long before it became a good wing."

Usually what is meant by the term "biological kind" is a natural species but this may not always be the case. The key to keep in mind here is that in order for evolution in nature to occur from one biological "kind" to another biological "kind" entirely new genes would have to be generated and not just merely modifications and/or recombination of already existing genes. If, for example, offspring are produced which cannot be crossed back with the original stock then there is, indeed, a new species but if no new genes or traits developed then there is no macro-evolution (variation across biological kinds) and the two distinct species would continue to belong to the same "kind".

Science cannot prove we're here by creation, but neither can science prove we're here by chance or macro-evolution. No one has observed either. They are both accepted on faith. The issue is which faith, Darwinian macro-evolutionary theory or creation, has better scientific support.

If some astronauts from Earth discovered figures of persons similar to Mt. Rushmore on an uninhabited planet there would be no way to scientifically prove the carved figures originated by design or by chance processes of erosion. Neither position is science, but scientific arguments may be made to support one or the other.

What we believe about life's origins does influence our philosophy and value of life as well as our view of ourselves and others. This is no small issue!

Just because the laws of science can explain how life and the universe operate and work doesn't mean there is no Maker. Would it be rational to believe that there's no designer behind airplanes because the laws of science can explain how airplanes operate and work?

Natural laws are adequate to explain how the order in life, the universe, and even a microwave oven operates, but mere undirected natural laws can never fully explain the origin of such order.

Of course, once there is a complete and living cell then the genetic program and biological mechanisms exist to direct and organize molecules to form into more cells. The question is how did life come into being when there was no directing mechanism in Nature
[/b]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by ihedioramma: 8:58am On Jun 28, 2015
kilode100:
Na Adam cause all these katakata wey dey happen o...
it may be adam,eve or not is the cause but today are you not doing more sin than him/her? the world is good o but it is we our self's put our self to the problem we are. for example there is nothing like money befor. let me ask you did adam use money at there own time? how many man/girl are you having sex in a month? christ has come and die for that sin, we are free if you are not you are not keeping and obeying the teaching of JESUS CHRIST.
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by AreaFada2: 8:58am On Jun 28, 2015
chidinwachukwu:
Argument on the matter using DNA,is not okay,because DNA is just a sequence of arrangement of chemicals,because over a period of time a this particular arrangement can change(Mutation) due to one or two factors and form it's own Physical difference from its Original Form,Mayb that's how different Races of the same Man came about.

Sure, but certain information are preserved that help to calculate/estimate age of DNA.

Mitochondrial DNA can be used to trace the original Eve in Africa (not religious Eve) and is pretty well preserved even in some Caucasian people.

DNA was designed to change from person to person (parents to kids) hence two haploid sets combining to give own unique chromosomes. Except in identical twins of course.

Races have more to do with environment. If you live in Norway for 4,000 years, your off-springs body will naturally suppress function of melanin gene as they will have less need to avoid the sun damaging DNA through skin.

If Caucasian Australians keep living there for another few thousand years, their off-springs body will have to up-regulate their melanin gene function or devise another sun-screening system genetically that can then manifest in phenotype (become obvious or even visible). Skin cancer that is currently fairly high there will reduce.
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by kokumo1949: 8:59am On Jun 28, 2015
We need bible student or scholar to give us deep and accurate bible account on creation. In this instance the Jehovah Witness come handy in matter like this. I remember a friend at Unilag in those days he has what is called The Calender of God Creation of The World with verses from the Bible to buttress is position.

1 Like

Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 28, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

1. Op, which one do you believe as a christian- God's word or theories propounded by men?
2. If you know of any man that came before Adam, p/s tell us.
3. If man originated from ape, why has man not evolved to a higher form or has evolution stopped?
4. Why was Eve given to Adam, and what is the meaning of 'be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it' commanded by God to Adam and Eve? (Gen.1:28)
men wrote those words my very brilliant frnd it was edited by Roman emperor Constantine
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by Horlufemi(m): 9:00am On Jun 28, 2015
sylarsquins:

It takes more faith to believe in evolution than to believe that God created life here on this planet.

Science has been hijacked by the secular world. I suggest you read Darwin's Doubt, and Signature in the cell.

I don't believe in evolution is feels odd scientifically.

Considering the molecule to man theory its lacking something. You say our earth is made from star dust. We evolved from simple celled organisms to complex humans/with a mind. So tell me why should the universe observe itself?. I mean we are all made up of molecules, but why should we be concerned about observing the universe something we were made of. it doesn't make sense.

Every living thing on earth was created for a purpose and if u look into the depths of the cell you will find Gods brilliance in the cell. There are molecular machines making sure the cell is alive.

The book "Origin of Species" did not explain the origin of life but variation of life. Hence, it should be called "Variation of Species". and it's been hijacked by secularist and kicked God out of the picture. where as he's written all over it.

God or something (if you don't like God) created life we know including you and I
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by ChynoBEATS: 9:00am On Jun 28, 2015
Timbaks:
OP, I would agree with you if you say the books in the bible are incomplete

It's Complete ....because it started from the Birth of man

In it contains Everything Every-generation'll need
it covers every aspect of life
It teaches Everything......n in it also Comes the warnings and prophecies......for Every generation

Timbaks:

but the words in the bible are as real as the blood flowing in your veins

Definitely ....brother

1 Like

Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by Dbrainiac1(m): 9:03am On Jun 28, 2015
sylarsquins:
The Big question is " How did Man come into existence"?. The many religions we have today and those of the old gods possesses different beliefs on how Man came into being.

As a Christian, i learnt through the bible how Man came into life and I don't have to share it because I believe everyone knows that including non Christians because am not here to quote the Bible as am not that religious.

The generally known belief on how man came into the world is best explained through academia which states the evolution of man proposes that humans and apes derive from an apelike ancestor that lived on earth a few million years ago. The theory states that man, through a combination of environmental and genetic factors, emerged as a species to produce the variety of ethnicities seen today, while modern apes evolved on a separate evolutionary
pathway.

My BIG question is, which should we believe and if Truly Adam came 1st from God, how then did he populate the world to what it is right now?.
Just go heaven. U go know.
Mtcheeew. Wic kind useless question be dis?
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by sapientia(m): 9:04am On Jun 28, 2015
OP.. Its either you believe the Holy Bible or you dont..
You cant just pick out the creation and doubt it yet you believe there is an invincible God..
You cant question if Adam is the First man and believe that the ground opened, swallowed people and closed.
You cannot possibly doubt the creation and believe that the sun stood still for Joshua.

What am saying is.. its either you believe the Holy Bible or you dont.
Its that simple.

1 Like

Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by luthorcorp: 9:04am On Jun 28, 2015
leke12:
No! Why? Because if Adam was d first man we would have the same DNA,ur genealogy is trace only by DNA and its unique to each family tree line even if it is 10,000 old.
not that i dont share ur witty claims but don't u know a thing or two about mutation?
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 28, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

The proof is that the word of God said so.
God's word might sound foolish but know that the foolishness of God is wiser than the wisdom of men. 1 Corinth.1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than the wisdom of men.
1 Corinth.2:13-14
13. These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14. But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Everything that is written in the Scriptures is by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Only those that are spiritual will understand it, not those who see before believing God's word.
John 20:29 Jesus said to him, Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.

I have to quote from the bible b/c you said that you are a christian. If you were an atheist, I would not have wasted time discussing with you.
The way christians walk with God is that of FAITH (believing what the Scriptures say, even when we have not seen them).

Tell me how you believed in God, who is unseen and do not believe His word on creation b/c it cannot be proven scientifically. Are you not one-sided? If you want to believe science above God's word, do it wholesomely. If you want to believe God's word above science, do it completely.

If the word of God said that the first man was Adam and you do not believe it, then who was the first man that evolved from ape?
wen thr say give prove una begin to quote bible portions way anoda person write
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by cochexky: 9:06am On Jun 28, 2015
player007:
Gimme a minute.

Hahahahahaha stupid boy u funny die
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by amali52(m): 9:07am On Jun 28, 2015
Every individual has his or theory to belief on,as for me,i will go with that of the bible. God forbid forbid let me follow the scientific theory,do I look like an APE? We still have apes around de world but my question is that? Have there stop transforming into human?
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by ChynoBEATS: 9:08am On Jun 28, 2015
sylarsquins:

So ur tryna tell me Adam populated d earth, if yes then y we all different n remember Eve was his only woman?.

Dude ..go and Find out about

Nephillims the Sons of Anak

That'll settle the blockade of Views in your foresight

N it'll Ease your headache
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by themytope(m): 9:09am On Jun 28, 2015
[quote author=Mintek post=34758627][/b]

Der is no prove dt adam was d first man on earth, if u re familiar with ur bible u ll also know that when cain kill abel, bible recorded that he traveled to the land of nod, east of eden and cain knew his wife. So who is cain's wife?
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by Blakjewelry(m): 9:10am On Jun 28, 2015
@op have you ever thought about whether men created the gods out of their own imagination? If you love history you will discover that all religions are mostly based on previous religion and one of the oldest religious beliefs which the book of Genesis is derived is from Mesopotamia where the Israel believe Abraham is from. Similar belief but different creator.
Many Christians discuss the fallen angels without any source of reference except the book of Jude failing to acknowledge that the book of Jude is referring to the book of Enoch and the book of Enoch is not included in the present bible, also the book of jubilee. Those two book gives more details about the creation story, the book Genesis is just a lift from those books
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by adellam16(f): 9:12am On Jun 28, 2015
leke12:
guy don't come here to cause problem. If u don't believe he is d first man, ur choice. Dis topic does not make sense why did I say so? Dats cos u want religion and science to clash. Why do u like to see people fight and quarrel knowing fully well dat our existence is a mystery? Why. Ask humans dese questions? If u have doubts try and get in contact with our creator. Only He has d ansas. Don't come here to cause commotion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Gays & Lesbians Are Sinners And They Will Go To Hell If... / Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To / Benson Idahosa And Bishop David Oyedepo Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.