Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:33 PM

Five Reasons Why Nigerians Name President Buhari Daura President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Five Reasons Why Nigerians Name President Buhari Daura President (2822 Views)

Buhari, Daura And Magu At Jumat Service In Aso Rock (Photos) / Daura President Tag: ÁPC Have No Moral Justification To Complain / My Take On The "Daura President" - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Reasons Why Nigerians Name President Buhari Daura President by Image123(m): 12:05am On Jun 15, 2015
todayboy:
i just do a google search on Daura President the term giving to president buhari in less than two weeks as president of Nigeria. i found over 1600 search results i think the name is gradually sticking on the president. i try to find out why they call him Daura President from the search on google i find the foollowing reasons below.

"I just DO a google search", as in are you speaking English, Pidgin or waffi? For someone who expects others to be perfect, you start off on a very poor note. Well, Buhari is over 70years old, a serious person would be more concerned about what he has gotten or been given in a long frame of time as compared to 2weeks. Who are the inconsequential ridiculous people giving him a name in 2 weeks? Do you judge or assess anything serious in 2 weeks? Is that how you obtained your certificate or degree in 2 weeks?

1, two weeks as president no minister he has not make any major appointment he promise Nigerians to hit the ground running

Poor grammar again, but i'll pass. After numbering, you put full stops(.) not commas(,). While Buhari wanted to 'hit the ground running' as it were, the past administration virtually made it impossible. Governance takes planning, especially when you have to govern a complex situation and country like Nigeria. Many factors have to be considered in choosing. The past government was to give handover notes early May but did not until about a day to inauguration(May 29). This was WHY a transition committee was set. Buhari's transition committee members were an impressive set of people with intellect and experience, but all the outgoing government transition committee was doing with them was drinking tea and taking picture. When the APC complained about this then, people were criticizing them. You need handover notes from the different ministries and parastatals studied so as to assess the situation and then get 'the best' solution. Even in game, you don't just throw in players because you have them and declare 4-3-3 formation. You need to first know the opposition, the requirement. then as a good manager, you choose your players and plan your stategy. Buhari needs to know how much money is available, how much and condition of debts. Then he needs to plan on what can be achieved quickly, short and long term moves/goals, what PHASES to implement, priority setting etc. Then he will choose from XYZNigeria pool, how many WOMEN and men, and how do they match for competence, patriotism and integrity. How many have to come from a particular geopolitical zone so that the other zones are balanced etc. So, it's not just 1+1=2.

2, he was travelling round the world when saraki and atiku took over national assembly positions without his consent.

Ridiculous beer parlour gist. By the way, there are three arms of government and they are supposed to be independent to an extent. We are trying to stop the era of godfatherism and executive remote controlling everyone else. Senate Presidency is not supposed to be by the Executive President's "consent". And Buhari made that clear enough that he does not intend or want to interfere. On travelling around the world, there is no place that Buhari has gone to since assuming the Presidency that he should not have gone to. The G7 at Germany, the neighbouring countries for security meetings and the ongoing AU summit. They are all necessary as he starts his government. As he settles in/down or if there are more pressing issues to attend to, then he may not go later on. Those travels are foundational and will greatly enhance our security and international image/reputation that has been battered and tattered over the years.

3, the first Nigeria president to rule from defense house giving excuses of renovating aso rock

This is irrelevant. Abacha, Obasanjo, Yaradua and Jonathan all ruled or governed from Aso Rock, did that deliver any goodies?

4, he embarrassed Nigerians by calling Germany west Germany

You've got to be kidding, right? If you needed a geography expert, maybe you can go and vote for 5 year old Arden Hayes. That little boy knows more geography than me and i guess than most Nigerians. You can watch him here (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFxjy7f9RpY)
i am sure Femi Fani Kayode would never make that mistake for instance, but will i ever vote for him to be my president against a Buhari? Not in a million times. You choose a poor and almost baseless criteria for leadership. The so called West hardly cares about you too, and they hardly know your name or places and cities. i can show you so many gaffes/mistakes from CNN and others about us. The average white man who has never been here does not even know the difference between Africa and Nigeria. Do you know that some of them ask silly questions like do we have roads in Nigeria, or do we live with animals. Just two weeks ago, a UK news outlet put up a wrong picture for Buhari.
And speaking of mistakes, anybody makes them. For instance, i remember President Obama mixing up his religion on TV. He said he was a muslim, then the interviewer corrected him sort of, then he said he was a christian. Do you think Obama is a dullard? You think he is embarrassing America? What have you done/achieved with your knowledge of geography and correct pronunciation of Merkel or Chancellor? Here is that video sef.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKGdkqfBICw

5, he said he has not make any appointments because jonathan did not give him handover notes in time

Yes, Jonathan did not. Did he?
Re: Five Reasons Why Nigerians Name President Buhari Daura President by Caseless: 12:39am On Jun 15, 2015
Stuupid boy, all ur sources on Google are from nairaland.
Re: Five Reasons Why Nigerians Name President Buhari Daura President by Franzeez(m): 12:48am On Jun 15, 2015
9jii:
GEJ achieved the CLUELESS titles.

For PMB its just the saTANists frustration of failure from the last Election.

Complaints will remain their potion.

It is true, we have heard. GEJ is clueless no problem, at least he has finished his tenure. But as for now Buhari is a dullard, if you like take it or leave it, he is a daft

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Nigerians Name President Buhari Daura President by BLOTRS: 1:05am On Jun 15, 2015
my reason, he's an old slow poke....who cannot talk without written scripts...he always looks confused. i've even forgotten his real name, i guess i'l just stick to Daura President

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S / Breaking From USA Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Delegates To USA Release Official Picture / Herdsmen Currently Causing Panic In Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Nsugbe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.