Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women (10846 Views)

Lady About To Travel To Lagos To Beat Up Her Cousin And Her Ex Boyfriend / "When It Comes To Women, Nigerian Men Are The Kings Of Africa" - South African / Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by SemuhleB(f): 2:44pm On Jun 14, 2015
Okay so here goes. I have a few Nigerian male friends and a couple of days ago this is what one of them said to me " Here in South Africa you women are too free". Every little beating then you call the police. In Nigeria if a police came the first thing they would ask you is what is your relationship between the lady, and if it's your Gf/wife the police would leave you to continue. Beatings is how you keep women in check.

After hearing this I was appalled but then I began to understand why a lot of Nigerian men beat their girlfriends and wife's here. So is it really a cultural thing, that it is okay for men to beat women? Do the police really not do anything about this?
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by neutrotoba(m): 2:45pm On Jun 14, 2015
Hell no, it's not normal in Nigeria!! Infact, society frowns at any man that does it. Ask those ones where they got their own orientation from o!!!

The funny thing is, you are a south African looking for more reasons to keep hating us, and then you came to ask US

SMH

7 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Trendy247: 2:46pm On Jun 14, 2015
Yea... Nigerian women need beatings for their senses to reposition

5 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by SemuhleB(f): 2:47pm On Jun 14, 2015
Trendy247:
Yea... Nigerian women need beatings for their senses to reposition
But why must you beat them. They are not kids but adults. Would you like it if you were beaten too?
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Beesluv: 2:49pm On Jun 14, 2015
End time question
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by lilmax(m): 2:50pm On Jun 14, 2015
Is it normal for nigerian women to run their mouths? Thats your answer

10 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Trendy247: 2:52pm On Jun 14, 2015
SemuhleB:
But why must you beat them. They are not kids but adults. Would you like it if you were beaten too?
you're beautiful
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by neutrotoba(m): 2:53pm On Jun 14, 2015
SemuhleB:

Please, do not generalize, i'd never touch a woman in that sort of manner

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by SemuhleB(f): 2:54pm On Jun 14, 2015
Trendy247:

you're beautiful
Thank you
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 14, 2015
It's not justifiable nor acceptable under any circumstance for a man to lay his hand on his wife.

Any man who does this is a fool, and is not worthy of his wife.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by SemuhleB(f): 2:55pm On Jun 14, 2015
neutrotoba:

Please, do not generalize, i'd never touch a woman in that sort of manner
Am not generalising that's why I am asking but by some of the comments it seems it's okay to beat women. No man can ever beat me and get away with it angry
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 14, 2015
If Ng has no law abt domestic violence...someone shud stand up & pass tat bill...women shud not be beaten by their husband...

7 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by neutrotoba(m): 2:58pm On Jun 14, 2015
SemuhleB:
Am not general is in that's why I am asking but by some of the comments it seems it's okay to beat women. No man can ever beat me and get away with it angry
conclude all you want... we have over 80million men in Nigeria, if you got 13 comments and you feel they av spoken the minds of everyone else... kudos to ur perfect sense of judgement

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by SemuhleB(f): 2:59pm On Jun 14, 2015
neutrotoba:
conclude all you want... we have over 80million men in Nigeria, if you got 13 comments and you feel they av spoken the mind of everyone else... kudos to ur perfect sense of judgement
lol grin grin Touche
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by ronald4lif(m): 3:11pm On Jun 14, 2015
It's not normal and at same time it's not uncommon to see men beat women and go away with it. In truth, most of the time the police and other law enforcement agencies will do nothing when reported upon that a man laid his hands on his woman. They ask questions like "why are you not respecting him don't you know he's the man and make the woman become the villain". It's really a sad development and you can attest to this claim by some previous comments made by apparently male chauvinist.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by SemuhleB(f): 3:15pm On Jun 14, 2015
neutrotoba:
Hell no, it's not normal in Nigeria!! Infact, society frowns at any man that does it. Ask those ones where they got their own orientation from o!!!

The funny thing is, you are a south African looking for more reasons to keep hating us, and then you came to ask US

SMH
I don't hate Nigerians and never have. How can I hate them and be friends with them I have better things to do with my life and time then hate people for nothing

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 14, 2015
SemuhleB:
I don't hate Nigerians and never have. How can I hate them and be friends with them I have better things to do with my life and time then hate people for nothing
Why do South African men rape their women all the time?

8 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 14, 2015
ronald4lif:
It's not normal and at same time it's not uncommon to see men beat women and go away with it. In truth, most of the time the police and other law enforcement agencies will do nothing when reported upon that a man laid his hands on his woman. They ask questions like "why are you not respecting him don't you know he's the man and make the woman become the villain". It's really a sad development and you can attest to this claim by some previous comments made by apparently male chauvinist.
Nigeria is a backward male hierarchical/patriarchal society ready to punish women. Ptui! angry

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 14, 2015
misssclassy:
It's not justifiable nor acceptable under any circumstance for a man to lay his hand on his wife.

Any man who does this is a fool, and is not worthy of his wife.
yeah a wife but if the wife turns into a psycho, crazy mouth running rascal or displays or acts like a bitcch and after the man tries to control the situation through reasonable ways and she still proves unreasonable the man should whoop the hell Outta her azz!! I can never lay my hands on a lady but I'll beat a bitcch if the situation calls for it.
ladies/wives should know their place and likewise the men, let everyone respect each other. if women don't like to their azz whooped then restrain yourselves from actions that might lead to azz whooping. there's always a reaction for an action.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 14, 2015
SemuhleB:
Am not general is in that's why I am asking but by some of the comments it seems it's okay to beat women. No man can ever beat me and get away with it angry
Bwahaha... You are boasting lady! I can beat you and get away with it. tongue When you are ready for the beat just call on me to do it and I will leave freely when I am done. Ha!!! tongue

5 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 14, 2015
icedbeatz:

yeah a wife but if the wife turns into a psycho, crazy mouth running rascal or displays or acts like a bitcch and after the man tries to control the situation through reasonable ways and she still proves unreasonable the man should whoop the hell Outta her azz!! I can never lay my hands on a lady but I'll beat a bitcch if the situation calls for it.
ladies/wives should know their place and likewise the men, let everyone respect each other. if women don't like to their azz whooped then restrain yourselves from actions that might lead to azz whooping. there's always a reaction for an action.
You are really a barbarian. Primitive man brought out of the cave. You need to move back in there. angry lipsrsealed cry

8 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by MrsChima(f): 3:42pm On Jun 14, 2015
lilmax:
Is it normal for nigerian women to run their mouths? Thats your answer

Yes. It is their mouths and not your body.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by MrsChima(f): 3:43pm On Jun 14, 2015
all4naija:

You are really a barbarian. Primitive man brought out of the cave. You need to move back in there. angry lipsrsealed cry

And you really took that bish seriously? grin
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by MrsChima(f): 3:44pm On Jun 14, 2015
all4naija:
Bwahaha... You are boasting lady! I can beat you and get away with it. tongue When you are ready for the beat just call on me to do it and I will leave freely when I am done. Ha!!! tongue

Can you deal with her brothers and father?

5 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by MrsChima(f): 3:45pm On Jun 14, 2015
all4naija:

Why do South African men rape their women all the time?

Nigerian men don't do the same?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by MrsChima(f): 3:47pm On Jun 14, 2015
ronald4lif:

May I kiss you freely?
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 14, 2015
MrsChima:

They are not going to be around when I am beating her. I used to do that every time here. You can ask her? tongue tongue
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 14, 2015
MrsChima:

Nigerian men don't do the same?
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 14, 2015
all4naija:

lol Hahahahahaha it takes a barbarian to know another so fk yourself and fog dummy.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by SemuhleB(f): 4:00pm On Jun 14, 2015
all4naija:
Lol I knew you would be here. Mister you can't beat me and get away with it. South Africa is not a banana republic besides I know how to defend myself trust me. Have been taking classes since I was 15. You will get your ass whipped by me cheesy
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by ronald4lif(m): 4:02pm On Jun 14, 2015
icedbeatz:

Oga, just a quick question. Have you ever beaten a woman in the States and would you ever whoop a woman ass there or you're talking about Nigeria?.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by SemuhleB(f): 4:04pm On Jun 14, 2015
MrsChima:

lol I don't need my brothers and father. I can handle him all by myself. Esp here in SA women's right is a big thing. If you abuse a woman you are a Goner

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pls Where In Minna Do I Get Fresh Cheap Ashawos / Never Trust Your Girlfriend With A Male Bestfriend, Read A Chat / Most Beautiful Girl On Badoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.