Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women (1631 Views)

Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? / Is It Normal For A 10 Yr Son To Lock Lips And Grab His Mum's Butt Like This? / "When It Comes To Women, Nigerian Men Are The Kings Of Africa" - South African (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 16, 2016
Okay so here goes. I have a few Nigerian male
friends and a couple of days ago this is what
one of them said to me " Here in South Africa
you women are too free". Every little beating
then you call the police. In Nigeria if a police
came the first thing they would ask you is what is your relationship between the lady,
and if it's your Gf/wife the police would leave
you to continue. Beatings is how you keep
women in check.
After hearing this I was appalled but then I
began to understand why a lot of Nigerian men beat their girlfriends and wife's here. So is it
really a cultural thing, that it is okay for men
to beat women? Do the police really not do
anything about this?
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by talktonase(m): 6:09pm On Jan 16, 2016
All black babies are born with rythm...some smacking is well deserved by some women.Its not like i indulge in it though.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by jopretty(f): 6:12pm On Jan 16, 2016
How can it be ok for a man to beat his woman? Op how does it even sound in your ears? Pls dont have that mindset about our men ooo Many of them are so loving and cant hurt a fly...lol
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Topestbilly(m): 6:14pm On Jan 16, 2016
No!

Op, why Nigerian gals love dos guys dat beat them up,collect moni from them and treat them like a piece of sh*t?
And she still run back to em. angry

Or u wanna tell me u haven't seen one?
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by TruthHurts1(m): 6:15pm On Jan 16, 2016
Traditionally and in Nigerian customs, wife beating is practiced. There are even proverbs about wife-beating, like: "The cane used to beat the first wife is waiting for the second wife"
In Northern nigeria, wife beating is also encoraged in islam.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Topestbilly(m): 6:30pm On Jan 16, 2016
jopretty:
How can it be ok for a man to beat his woman? Op how does it even sound in your ears? Pls dont have that mindset about our men ooo Many of them are so loving and cant hurt a fly...lol

Wa last b nokia battery... tell Op jare.

@Op if u ar still doubting, I can volunteer myself for u to examine. grin
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by IamLEGEND1: 6:39pm On Jan 16, 2016
Ignorance is a terrible disease.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by debbierex(f): 6:41pm On Jan 16, 2016
Seriously,a guy that beat his girlfriend is so mean ánd lackadaisical..most of we ladies are so complicated in our reasoning and doings,we act most times based on our emotion..so I can't tolerate a guy's bashing oooo..I hate such guys with passion..though,me too don't cross my boundaries sha..
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 16, 2016
Ok ke? Infact there is a funny story where a man was in police custody, wife came to bail him out...he started talking blabla anyhow at her, pushing her and all that. The officer who witnessed this asked the man who she was, he said she was his wife. Like play like play, the officer ordered them to throw the guy back into the cell till when he learns to talk to his wife in an appropriate manner....yes, it actually happened in naija. There are serious laws against it in nigeria
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by obiorathesubtle: 7:27pm On Jan 16, 2016
I don't think women should be beaten..not saying this because of anything apart from the fact that I'm really happy this evening.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Penssuwa(m): 8:49pm On Jan 16, 2016
TruthHurts1:
Traditionally and in Nigerian customs, wife beating is practiced. There are even proverbs about wife-beating, like: "The cane used to beat the first wife is waiting for the second wife"
In Northern nigeria, wife beating is also encoraged in islam.
It's a lie. I'm yet to know of the part of Nigeria or culture that encourages such. In Igbo land, such act is reprehensible, and marks weakness.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Justiyke4u: 8:52pm On Jan 16, 2016
In all circumstances is NOT NORMAL... But some ladies can really push you but even at that there is no JUSTIFICATION for beating her
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by MrsChima(f): 9:02pm On Jan 16, 2016
Wife beating is encouraged if the wife is a child and the husband is the father. undecided

This backward bullshit still exists in 2016??11
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by ronald4lif(m): 9:06pm On Jan 16, 2016
Men are naturally violent and imperious and feel they are stronger than women, which is true. And when someone feel they are more powerful than the other they are inclined to apply brute force when ever they feel their superiority is being challenged.

Just like Nigeria domestic violence strives in any climate where there are no strict legislation that protects women. This is not to say it's common for men to beat their wives but it happens more in Nigeria than other countries where there are strict laws against DV.

If there were no strict legislation punishing DV instigators in South Africa the case would have been same. So it's not about Nigerian men character but about not having laws and abusers going unpunished.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by MrsChima(f): 9:10pm On Jan 16, 2016
ronald4lif:
Men are naturally violent and naturally imperious and feel they are stronger than women, which is true. And when someone feel they are more powerful than the other they are inclined to apply brute force when ever they feel their superiority is being challenged.

Just like Nigeria domestic violence strives in any climate where there are no strict legislation that protects women. This is not to say it's common for men to beat their wives but it happens more in Nigeria than other countries where there are strict laws against DV.

If there were no strict legislation punishing DV instigators in South Africa the case would have been same. So it's not about Nigerian men character but about not having laws and abusers going unpunished.

undecided
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Omotayor123(f): 9:12pm On Jan 16, 2016
Not normal at all..
Men that indulge in such are actually Beast.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by ronald4lif(m): 9:14pm On Jan 16, 2016
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by MrsChima(f): 9:17pm On Jan 16, 2016
ronald4lif:

kiss

Men are stronger than women? undecided
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 16, 2016
ronald4lif:
Men are naturally violent and imperious and feel they are stronger than women, which is true. And when someone feel they are more powerful than the other they are inclined to apply brute force when ever they feel their superiority is being challenged.

oooompa ! well said nwambada.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by ronald4lif(m): 9:19pm On Jan 16, 2016
MrsChima:

Men are stronger than women? undecided

Is that in dispute
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by ronald4lif(m): 9:20pm On Jan 16, 2016
PrimeMinisterr:

oooompa ! well said nwambada.

Udo dili gi, odogwu.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by adeagbo101(m): 9:21pm On Jan 16, 2016
I bet ignorance is a terrible b!tch! Someone even justify the act with an adage...and of course the 'holy book'. When would we be free from this 'slaveorous' thinking of ours
IamLEGEND1:
Ignorance is a terrible disease.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by adeagbo101(m): 9:25pm On Jan 16, 2016
Bro for this insight eh, na your wife you go marry. Say amen!
ronald4lif:

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by MrsChima(f): 9:28pm On Jan 16, 2016
ronald4lif:

Is that in dispute

Obviously!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Afflicted Woman Has 50 Orgàsms A Day / I Wonder If She Love Me / Please Please Please Guyz Help Me, This Is Not A Joke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.