Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 (13244 Views)

Poll: Super Eagles Vs Irish Team: who's gonna win?

Ireland: 29% (17 votes)
Nigeria: 56% (32 votes)
Draw: 14% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 / Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by FBS: 10:01pm On May 29, 2009
France will be a tougher opponent.

Good night folks and thanks for the company.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 29, 2009
FBS:

Get the Olympic boys in ASAP.

Now that Mikel did not play, I wonder what haterz will say. We dont have a MF at all.
Uche should be the point man and not the MF role he assumed today.

Mikel is not good enough either

Right now we have to come to terms that we dont have a midfield maestro like Okocha . . . . he is a 1 in a lifetime player

See how the Olympic boys played? they played without a playmaker, made use of the wings  . . . had Ajilore and Sani Kaita shielding the back four while everyone else up field could swap positions and roles and it worked perfectly because they all had pace.

The illusion that somehow Mikel or Kalu Uche or Olofinjana or Yusuf Ayila will turn into an Okocha overnight just wont happen.

We need a new coach who know what they are doing . . . Amodu has no clue . . . . .Give Siasia the Super Eagles job and the world will know that we are a serious contender for 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

This team is colourless
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by rasputinn(m): 10:06pm On May 29, 2009
Very drab and uninspiring match,there goes our 100% record againts the Irish
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 29, 2009
Ibime:

Kalu Uche is the only one with some guile in there. . . . we need more players like him, not Victor Obinna and Osaze them who are not incisive and wasteful with their final pass and cross. . . . Guys like Obasi and the Uche brothers should form the bedrock of our team. . . .

All in all, not a bad performance. . . . this was our B team against Ireland's A team. . . . there's no one who played today who I would consider a fully blown regular. . . . I just don't know what Utaka and Olofinjana them are still doing around the squad. . .

I think Dele Adeleye is the best central defender in the country right now.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by FBS: 10:07pm On May 29, 2009
mikeansy:

Mikel is not good enough either
I never said he is a top notch but most folks always criticize him as if he is the only player in the SE squad.
Now that he did not even feature, who will take the bashing?
We don't have a team period.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by Cristalz(f): 10:08pm On May 29, 2009
@sara j
Wake up, hon.  .  .Nigeria ceased to be world's best eons ago. grin

@FBS
France will definitely make the lazy ones on our team move their butts.

Wish you guys luck tomorrow. wink I hope Moyes makes y'all sweat though.

OSAZEE! kiss grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by FBS: 10:11pm On May 29, 2009
Cristalz:

@FBS
France will definitely make the lazy ones on our team move their butts.

Wish you guys luck tomorrow
. wink I hope Moyes makes y'all sweat though.
Thanks but don't worry. Everything is under control.  cool grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by aieromon(m): 10:15pm On May 29, 2009
Never knew people still followed the games of the Super Chickens
Damn,i hope they don't break your hearts oh embarassed
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by saraj(f): 10:16pm On May 29, 2009
What?? But everyone was saying this was going to be easy for Nigeria? Ireland are not even a proper team. Surely we could beat them. Treppetoni must be doing some good I suppose. Ireland are surely improving. Its only a matter of time before they are up to par with their heydays of 90 and 94!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by allboyz(m): 10:45pm On May 29, 2009
FBS:

Thanks but don't worry. Everything is under control.  cool grin
shocked shocked shocked shocked

Everton will whoop ya tongue

The SE team is shyte!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by bawomolo(m): 12:10am On May 30, 2009
Are you guys still having dreams that osaze would turn into some playmaker?

the guy is just not consistent. his targets failed him though.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by init4dmoni(m): 1:09am On May 30, 2009
i can't even describe how disapointed i am sad
we are in no form to play any team better than ireland(definetly not france)
this game was horrible; there's nothing to be proud of again
i cn remember how proud i felt of the olympic team, a team bold enough to face any team in the world
if dis team goes against teams like spain, let's just say the nigerian squad as of now sucks(they beta get their acts together by next year or else, )
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by mankind4: 1:41am On May 30, 2009
Why not play with bigger teams NFF should come out and tell us the truth about this, i guess they have sold the birthright of the NFF to these teams,
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by nguage(m): 2:58am On May 30, 2009
mankind4:

Why not play with bigger teams NFF should come out and tell us the truth about this, i guess they have sold the birthright of the NFF to these teams,

Many people who criticize blindly are just like you, uninformed! Do you know we'll be playing France very soon?

My only complaint is that we play like Newcastle - no direction, no clear intention. All our matches are looking the same and until we do something different, we'll keep getting the same results.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by 9ja4eva: 6:53am On May 30, 2009
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by khanye(m): 10:47am On May 30, 2009
[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZM02xX3hrM&hl=en&fs=1"[/flash]

Amodu is a fool!
I wonder what a player like Olofinjana is doin in the SE
He's been on the bench for stoke city all season.
There are couple of home based player he can use for that match but he does'nt want them
Aluko had a great game,
I wonder why he did'nt use Etuhu
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by FBS: 12:18pm On May 30, 2009
allboyz:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Everton will whoop ya tongue
the same thing you said before we handed you the heaviest defeat at the Emirati. tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by Ibime(m): 1:35pm On May 30, 2009
khanye:

[Aluko had a great game,

Which Aluko? Aluko who got released by Birmingham. His sister plays for England women and she is also a wastepipe, all pace and no skill. Abeg Aluko should go and play for England. He is lucky he lives in the UK and other players dropped out, otherwise he woud never even smell Super Eagles.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by khanye(m): 1:44pm On May 30, 2009
Ibime:

Which Aluko? Aluko who got released by Birmingham. His sister plays for England women and she is also a wastepipe, all pace and no skill. Abeg Aluko should go and play for England. He is lucky he lives in the UK and other players dropped out, otherwise he woud never even smell Super Eagles.

The dude is still a young player, he can improve
That's just his first game for SE
SE dont have a natural left footer
Utaka & Olofinjana was shit!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by lionspark: 1:57pm On May 30, 2009
our super eagles are they doing training with ireland
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by Jarus(m): 8:54pm On May 30, 2009
In fairness, this was not a bad game, and perhaps the best performance from SE in recent time. Or did anybody think we will whip Ireland NT 10-0 or have 100% possession? This was a team that had Robbie Keane, Damien Duff, Shay Given and a host of other well-known names in world football, a team that has qualifiers next week, and so needed to take this Grade A friendly seriously, a team coached by a world class coach. We paraded our B team(even though our A team would not have done better) and Ireland paraded their best legs, and it was a 50-50 game. I'm an avid critic of Eagles, but I don't think that was a poor outing.

Kalu Uche was our best on the field, tried the play making role and did well.

Kudos to the guys.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by ow11(m): 11:54pm On May 30, 2009
Jarus:

In fairness, this was not a bad game, and perhaps the best performance from SE in recent time. Or did anybody think we will whip Ireland NT 10-0 or have 100% possession? This was a team that had Robbie Keane, Damien Duff, Shay Given and a host of other well-known names in world football, a team that has qualifiers next week, and so needed to take this Grade A friendly seriously, a team coached by a world class coach. We paraded our B team(even though our A team would not have done better) and Ireland paraded their best legs, and it was a 50-50 game. I'm an avid critic of Eagles, but I don't think that was a poor outing.

Kudos to the guys.

Agreed! Kalu Uche did a good job. I think Olofinjana played one of his better games for SE but should never play for Nigeria again.

The following should never play for SE again

Obinna Nwaneri
John Utaka
Obinna Nsofor ( Now I see why Siasia dropped him in 2005)
Seyi Olofinjana (already cultivating a nice pot belly from sitting too much on Stoke's bench!)
The Jury is still out on Joseph Akpala
Sone Aluko should go to the U-21
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by chyk91(m): 1:07am On May 31, 2009
lets wait 4 france
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by deb(m): 12:58pm On Jun 01, 2009

Kudos to the guys.

Big sigh of relieve! Thank God somebody saw things my own way.
I am not a fan of Amodu and I want him sacked now if possible, but i can't condemn those
boys. I was particularly excited to see new players in the SE. Sone Aluko did not have a bad game in my
book as a first timer in the Eagles.

I think the problem with us is that we over rate ourselves too much. Lets encourage the new Eagles' players and look beyond
2010 world cup. We may not qualify for that competition. The most important thing is what we do after the world cup. i don't
see any point going to world cup just to go and mark the register. If we must go we should go to win with a quality team that
is built over a long period of time and also with a world class coach. Not Amodu that has nothing to offer.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by deb(m): 1:15pm On Jun 01, 2009
Amodu is a fool!
I wonder what a player like Olofinjana is doin in the SE
He's been on the bench for stoke city all season.
There are couple of home based player he can use for that match but he does'nt want them

I agree

Aluko had a great game,
I wonder why he did'nt use Etuhu

Again I agree.
Aluko did well and Etuhu would have done great too
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by Olaolufred(m): 1:18pm On Jun 01, 2009
deb,

E seun, daalu, imenla, sonso, mugode, uwese.

I accept fully your opinion.

It is possible for some poor student to come out of a good teacher's class,

It is almost impossible for a Poor teacher to produce an outstanding student.

If you need an excellent students, get an excellent Teacher.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by Olaolufred(m): 1:29pm On Jun 01, 2009
Story story, story.
I remember in my secondary school a Teacher, O is the first letter of his surname.
In his physics and Mathematics class, he guesses more than teaches.
Most times, a paradigm shift turn Mr. O to be the student being taught by the students.
Sooner or later, he bowed out because it became so glearing that he was fooling himself.
Praise God that we were compesated well with a vibrant an all rounder Corper.
Guess what our O/L result was, A's in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
You can not give what you don't have.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by Olaolufred(m): 1:33pm On Jun 01, 2009
Adults, what do you learn from my story.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ireland [1-1]: May 29 2009 by Iaz93: 8:35am On Sep 09, 2013
adaobi123: the match is gonna be held in cravern cottage fulhams stadium in west london

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Please Stop Bet9ja Zoom/vfl Before It Wrecks You In 2020 / Ese Brume Wins Women's Long Jump Event At Botswana Grand Prix / Rachel Bakam Leads The Nigerian Water Ski And Wakeboard Federation In History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.