Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,425 members, 7,836,697 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Zain's Browsing- Your Experience - Phones (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Zain's Browsing- Your Experience (177487 Views)

Poll: Whats your experience

Great: 36% (60 votes)
manageable: 35% (59 votes)
Excruciating: 10% (18 votes)
I am Indifferent: 17% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) / Ip Address For Free Internet On Zain Zambia Or Mtn Zambia / ****zain Internet Activation***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by cabali(m): 4:43pm On Apr 02, 2009
i know only of some sim cards activated (that means after it is bought) for data and that is the one that comes with the USB modem or the ZTE data card that costs N23K and N19K respectively. and even at that they still can do sms and calls. They were just provisioned for 2.5g, 2.75g and 3g after it is contracted to function with the datacards. Even that one cannot be isolated

And please after provisioning, the golden panel does not change just as the shape or design of the golden panel doesnt say whether it is provisioned or not because provisioning can NEVER come before activation please. Help me tell your etisalat engineer

initialize:

When i said at an inclined price, i never mentioned the amount i bought it, and you shouldn't think i'll be as stupid as you to buy what is sold for 200 naira for 5k. I bought 3 of the sim and the price was not even up to 1k. Ask infobaba for more information about the 3G sim

so the 3g sim is 3 for N1k and the one without is N200? dude, please! I can get u 3g provisioning for free and so can u. except calls to 111 are billed.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by cabali(m): 4:45pm On Apr 02, 2009
dragnet:

cabali, d said 3G sim is a sim which is sold with the data card & is pre-activated for internet.ng.zain.com & while using dis sim, 3G reception is at max. smiley u grab?? wink plus its just N200 grin

You are the only one that has made sense here about this!!!!! Just like I mentioned.

But i will like to know the shop that sells it for N200 without the datacard. i woulda got 2 as internet.ng, u know is still free. And I dont mean free with the so called FBT o.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by dragnet: 4:51pm On Apr 02, 2009
cabali, I REPEAT, the SIMs have been pre-provisioned ah! undecided
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by dragnet: 4:58pm On Apr 02, 2009
cabali, it wuld be very easy for u. . Just go to the nearest office with ur data-card or modem & tell them u need d sim, bt u might have to tell them what happend to d other sim lol grin . . Just convince/confuse them that u need it & u'd get it wink
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by cabali(m): 5:04pm On Apr 02, 2009
dragnet:

cabali, I REPEAT, the SIMs have been pre-provisioned ah! undecided

ah-ah!

I am sorry but u are wrong. let me explain a little something. cards on the streets or on the shelves are not activated. they are activated by 2 ways one, the buyer loads credit or two the network gets it activated (this is only when the seal has been broken).

The sim cards that come with datacards are not pre-provisioned.

What happens is that the guys at the office give u a data card, then a sim card from the shelf (take note this can be ANY sim card at all)
They get it activated, then request for provisioning by sending the serial number etc before giving everything to you. That is not pre-provisioning.

Preprovisioning is when it is created as a data card and provisioned even before activation. This does not happen. If u mean it was provisioned before u took it home then thats a different thing.  grin

how do ya like the new topic?
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by cabali(m): 5:05pm On Apr 02, 2009
dragnet:

cabali, it wuld be very easy for u. . Just go to the nearest office with ur data-card or modem & tell them u need d sim, bt u might have to tell them what happend to d other sim lol grin . . Just convince/confuse them that u need it & u'd get it wink

nice one there!! good idea. I can start a business even grin
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by initialize(m): 5:06pm On Apr 02, 2009
@cab
At last, you can give up on this your know all attitude, that's interesting. Now you'll be able to understand what i've tried to explain to you.
@drag
You don't even need to take anything to their office, if you have valid working id, i you can show that you work with a reputable organisation. They'll sell the sim to you. The person that gave me the sim bought 5 at once.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by cabali(m): 5:11pm On Apr 02, 2009
@ initialize

I never meant to say i know it all please.

Which shop did the person get the card from?
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by dragnet: 5:14pm On Apr 02, 2009
cabali, mMm' . . K I'd agree wit d "provisioned b4 getting h0me" theory. . .

Yeah d new topic is better, no limitations, 3G,EDGE, GPRS browsing can be thrashd out. . Even CSD lol grin
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by initialize(m): 5:20pm On Apr 02, 2009
@sanusi fafunwa, victoria island
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by cabali(m): 5:42pm On Apr 02, 2009
dragnet:

cabali, mMm' . . K I'd agree wit d "provisioned b4 getting h0me" theory. . .

Yeah d new topic is better, no limitations, 3G,EDGE, GPRS browsing can be thrashd out. . Even CSD lol grin

CSD!!! cool! thats like going to the stone ages grin

initialize:

@sanusi fafunwa, victoria island

I will try my luck this saturday.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by initialize(m): 5:53pm On Apr 02, 2009
I still have 2 left if you don't mind buying from me. Lol
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by lancevader(m): 11:08pm On Apr 02, 2009
Interesting arguments
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by MrInfo1(m): 5:58am On Apr 03, 2009
i miss dat "zain 3G" thread. embarassed

@ cabali
WTF
cabali:

The sim cards that come with datacards are not pre-provisioned.
Mehn u disappoint me. angry
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by engrhamid(m): 6:39am On Apr 03, 2009
am highly disappointed in him
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by cabali(m): 8:21am On Apr 03, 2009
Mr.information:

i miss dat "zain 3G" thread. embarassed

@ cabali
WTFMehn u disappoint me. angry

i explained the meaning of pre provisioned on this page and the intelligent ones have understood it as right. I am not here to convince those that are unintelligent.

@ engrhamid. I do not do free browsing. I dont condemn it at all. You will never find me on FBT threads. it is all good if someone can get free browsing. I pay for my data cos FBT can surpport the data I transmit to and fro in half a day so no, thanks.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by dragnet: 8:23am On Apr 03, 2009
Lolz grin grin
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by dragnet: 8:32am On Apr 03, 2009
engrhamid, there's no harm in 'wasting' just a lil time 4 enlightenment cus both parties wuld learn something wink . . .

inf0 d 3G master wink , Seun don elevate u to Mr. grin
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by initialize(m): 8:56am On Apr 03, 2009
Mr. Info, nice one.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by abduladi(m): 2:57pm On Apr 03, 2009
hey guys !!! abeg enough of this aguements now! we r suppose to help ourselves and not argue over things like this. the fact still remins that there is no such thing as 3G sim cos all sims can conect to any network in that area provided the phone in use allows connection to such networks as 3g and if the 3g network is in ur area. the only restriction possible is that of allowing only somespecific sims to connect to specific accesspoints as we can see with the wa and internet access points. who ever buys a sim that was called 3g sims for some ridiculous price just got maga-ed. end of discussion my brothers
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by cabali(m): 3:18pm On Apr 03, 2009
ok, now take cover!! grin
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by skiduski(m): 6:13pm On Apr 03, 2009
@initialize and smart boy
i don send una the mail oooo
@ engr hamid
i sent u a mail pls reply asap
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by abhosts(m): 9:34pm On Apr 03, 2009
I wonder why Zain's data policy is different from the others. A few weeks ago I bought their Huawei USB modem with the 3G enabled SIM. I now inserted that SIM into my phone and I was surprised to see the 3G signal appear instantly. Ironically my normal zain SIM card could not even find a GPRS signal and still cannot till now.

Zain should please step up their game. With MTN, all SIM cards are 3G enabled.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by toluxa1(m): 10:00pm On Apr 03, 2009
Hello Everybody. o to jo meta ooo. I don even forget my login details sef. I had to try like three times before I remember. lol

ANY WAY . . . C H E E R S! ! !
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by dragnet: 10:49pm On Apr 03, 2009
abduladi, nothing like 3G sim bah?? . . How abt abhosts story?? grin
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by tainot2002(m): 11:55pm On Apr 03, 2009
you are highly welcome toluxa1.its been long grin
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by honsule(m): 4:52am On Apr 04, 2009
dragnet:

abduladi, nothing like 3G sim bah?? . . How abt abhosts story?? grin

All this brouhaha and hullabaloo about zain 3G i believe it's base on ur location.i called zain customer care yesterday,i asked the guy whether they have 3G,his answer was positive,he now added that base on the fact that am in Ibadan there is no zain 3G there.so, maybe Abhosts should tell us his location.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by initialize(m): 8:02am On Apr 04, 2009
@all
I don't like to argue about this zain 3G issue but we need to clarify something to one another. If we remember when 4peace started the zain 3G thread, some of us(Mr. Info., myself, etc) were able to experience full celtel 3G signal and full 3G speed that's faster than normal gprs or edge download rate. After zain took over from celtel, my celtel sim that provides full 3G network coverage stopped having signals for 3G despite been used in the same location that i used to get the signal from. Until 3 days ago that i got this new 3G sim, immediately i kept the sim inside my phone 3G appeared but if i replace the sim with my former 3G sim, the packet data sign will be slashed. Taken both experiment under same conditions.
Can someone explain why is it so to me?
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by initialize(m): 8:14am On Apr 04, 2009
@ski
Thanks, i'll check my mail now
@abdull
If your 18th post don't interprete sense, i wonder what your first post was like. I know why this topic is very hard for you to understand, it's because you're in polytechnic and not in a university, you deal with practical all your life and a little theory is proving very difficult. I have a solution for your practical oriented mind: come at meet me at idimu, i'll give you this maga sim(3G capable) and you can do some practical on your own.
@all
The sim is only sold at zain office, that's why it's limited, not everyone own as experienced it's function therefore, not everyone can speak about it.
NB:Zain 3G network is only available in lagos, abuja and PH atm. Peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (52) (Reply)

Mtn, Glo, Airtel, Etisalat Manual And Automatic Internet Settings / Download PES 19 ISO PPSSPP Game For Android / How To See Hidden Number That Call You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.