Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,647 members, 7,813,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation (3288 Views)

Oyegun Meets Saraki, APC Senators For Reconciliation / Peter Obi Demanded 7 Billion From Obiano For Reconciliation? / PDP Warring Factions Visits IG, Move For Reconciliation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by stanech: 9:18pm On Jun 15, 2015
I am calling this meeting of all GEJ supporters to please list their condition for truce on the ongoing insults and name calling of our president PMB.

I witnessed all the names they gave to GEJ and all the insults they poured on him and I know how sweet revenge is but we have a nation to preserve and protect. So let's list our condition for truce and find a way to move on as a nation .

so please guys let's hear your demands
Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by Flets: 9:19pm On Jun 15, 2015
You dont get it.

The real issue is the form of politics APC played into office.

The denigration of the office of the president, the use of unspeakable names to describe GEJ which was alien to our polity, the constant bashing of every govt move, the lies and propaganda.

These called for a lot of emotional investment to our politics.

Right now, more than ever......APC succeeded in making us all fanatics and unfortunately along ethnic divide.

Nigeria might not recover from the politics that has been played in the last 2 years. More name calling, more sabotage and more negative politics is on its way.

Its way too late to call for moral evaluation.

21 Likes

Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by Ezenwammadu(m): 9:20pm On Jun 15, 2015
Why didn't you open this thread last year coming from a neutral OP

16 Likes

Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by Firefire(m): 9:21pm On Jun 15, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Why didn't you open this thread last year

12 Likes

Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by abduljabbar4(m): 9:24pm On Jun 15, 2015
I urge all the progressives on nairaland not to reconcile with any tanoid. If not I won't recognise that person as my fellow APC member

4 Likes

Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by Ezenwammadu(m): 9:24pm On Jun 15, 2015
Flets:
You dont get it.

The real issue is the form of politics APC played into office.

The denigration of the office of the president, the use of unspeakable names to describe GEJ which was alien to our polity, the constant bashing of every govt move, the lies and propaganda.

These called for a lot of emotional investment to our politics.

Right now, more than ever......APC succeeded in making us all fanatics and unfortunately along ethnic divide.

Nigeria might not recover from the politics that has been played in the last 2 years. More name calling, more sabotage and more negative politics is on its way.

Its way too late to call for moral evaluation.

Seun tried to caution them but they said
This is in contravention to the African Charter on Human Right which deals with FREEDOM OF SPEECH and the 1999 Constitution of Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by Galacious1: 9:30pm On Jun 15, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Why didn't you open this thread last year?
ask him

3 Likes

Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by Tecnonews24: 9:34pm On Jun 15, 2015
truce? like seriously?.... Are you well? Is buhari ready to resign? can APC turn back the hand of time? the injuries are still very fresh, don't provoke us any further. we have not even started with APC. whatever you guys gave PDP, expect payback of times a million. we are warning up and taking position. get ready for the fire works.

9 Likes

Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by johnbuck81(m): 9:40pm On Jun 15, 2015
shove ur truce inside ur smelling a**.

4 Likes

Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 15, 2015
APC started the abuses, there ain't gonna be any truce.

As you said, revenge is sweet. Even if buhari/apc makes a law that will make insulting the president and his office a crime, na then e go worst pass.

I will personally put guys under pay and their job will be to find fault in anything he says or do and always call him unimaginable names.

It's time to pay them back in their own coin until they can't take it anymore.

8 Likes

Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by chimerase2: 9:44pm On Jun 15, 2015
Freedom of spech is sooo sweet grin

10 Likes

Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by Tecnonews24: 9:47pm On Jun 15, 2015
gboss4sure:
APC started the abuses, there ain't gonna be any truce.

As you said, revenge is sweet. Even if buhari/apc makes a law that will make insulting the president and his office a crime, na then e go worst pass.

I will personally put guys under pay and their job will be to find fault in anything he says or do and always call him unimaginable names.

It's time to pay them back in their own coin until they can't take it anymore.

my brother tell them, let them know we are Just warming up. the real thing start soon. lie Muhammad will soon find out, he is a learner.

6 Likes

Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 15, 2015
OP personally I hold nothing against any APC poster, member or Buhari. But we can't shy away from the fact that your party started all these. What else can I say?

7 Likes

Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by Tecnonews24: 9:50pm On Jun 15, 2015
barcanista:
typing
Did u hear these people are calling for a truce, after all they did?

4 Likes

Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by bjdon: 9:53pm On Jun 15, 2015
When GEJ went to Chad to solicit assistance in the war on BH, EL-Rufai insinuated that he was going to plan more BH attacks. That was beyond the line in my book. Did Anyone in APC ever call him to order? And now you expect people to go easy on Buhari? Dream on.

5 Likes

Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by Blakjewelry(m): 9:53pm On Jun 15, 2015
Seriously I hate this name calling ish on nairaland it is not cool... But apc guys are not trying at all, they are driven purely by sentiment. To be fair the president is yet to perform but what baffles me is when the president smiles apc supporters on nairaland will create a thread and start pour in praises, if he sits, it is the same story, that is patriotism that is sentiment. It is that same sentiment that drives their hate for gej. They insult him even if the policies he made are right or wrong. As for the pdp supporters you should wait for the government to make major decision before criticizing, you don't have to insult the president at every turn
Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by Tecnonews24: 9:54pm On Jun 15, 2015
chimerase2:
Freedom of spech is sooo sweet grin
yes, but what did APC DO with it?

1 Like

Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 15, 2015
Tecnonews24:

Did u hear these people are calling for a truce, after all they did?
I did my brother. As with my policy I align with the position of my comrades irrespective of my own personal opinion on this subject

1 Like

Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by rusher14: 9:55pm On Jun 15, 2015
Whatever.

Buhari isn't bothered.

When Jonathan was called clueless, it was because he displayed no intelligence or bravado in quenching the Boko Haram fire.

With a 6 week postponement of the elections he tried to change from his dithering self but majority saw through his ruse.

When he was called drunk, it had to do with his being inebriated whilst at a UN function.

A country that sold oil for 5 years at an average of 100 dollars to the barrel and what does it have to show for it?

A weak naira and a fully drawn external reserve.

Let no one be fooled Jonathan earned his epithets.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:55pm On Jun 15, 2015
You guys should stop all the useless threads! They have every right to call Buhari whatever name they deem fit! We take care of him(Buhari) with our money, so he is our employee!

I called and still call jonathan unprintable names, and it is still within my right to do so, while Buhari is payed to protect that right!

However, all the names they are formulating for my Amiable General will not stick, because he will perform exceptionally and creditably well!

Half a word!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 15, 2015
Tecnonews24:

my brother tell them, let them know we are Just warming up. the real thing start soon. lie Muhammad will soon find out, he is a learner.

I know apc can't take the heat they gave GEJ, they forgot say na turn by turn. I'm looking forward to the day they will make a law that will try to cap what people says about the president/presidency.

From the particular day, they will see a new kind of insults and name calling that will trail them.

They where enjoying the names and abuses they gave to GEJ, now is our turn to enjoy insulting/abusing their government.

Even if GEJ comes out and apologize on their behalf, it won't end.

They should learn how to live with it because na them start am first.

The Daura President name sounds simple and respectful to my ears compared to what I have in mind when the chicken comes home to roast.

Nobody in apc will be spared.

5 Likes

Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by Ezenwammadu(m): 9:57pm On Jun 15, 2015
l dug imto the archieves and found this intresting link.Here Seun proposed to ban those that insults the president on 21 october but they dismissed it as barcanista put it
PS: This is in contravention to the African Charter on Human Right which deals with FREEDOM OF SPEECH and the 1999 Constitution of Nigeria.

https://www.nairaland.com/1960061/making-it-offence-insult-government
Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 15, 2015
tell your brainless Daura President to swallow it while it last

5 Likes

Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 15, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
l dug imto the archieves and found this intresting link.Here Seun proposed to ban those that insults the ptesident and they dismissed it as barcanista put it

https://www.nairaland.com/1960061/making-it-offence-insult-government
Yes I did. I am an apostle of freedom of Speech as enshrined in the 1999 Constitution and the African Charter. If anyone feel libelled he should go to court

My position on that cannot change. Allow people their freedom. Personally I have been subjected to abuse, insult and ridicule. All I do is "ignore". In fact, sometimes people try to attack on my behalf, I tell some of them to allow the person to exercise his freedom.

1 Like

Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by Sandydayz(f): 10:00pm On Jun 15, 2015
Am coming..... Still thinking of what to type... kiss
Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by Tecnonews24: 10:00pm On Jun 15, 2015
barcanista:
I did my brother. As with my policy I align with the position of my comrades irrespective of my own personal opinion on this subject

I often time hear them say, PDP don't know How to play opposition. I guess they have selective amnesia, otherwise they would have know that PDP have never be in opposition. I guess u guys would find out soon enough.

1 Like

Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by doublewisdom: 10:02pm On Jun 15, 2015
Truce keh? If I hear! This is just the prologue. APC sowed the wind and we will make sure they reap the whirlwind!
The attacks on Barcanista is another matter sef.

4 Likes

Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by Ezenwammadu(m): 10:03pm On Jun 15, 2015
barcanista:
Yes I did. I am an apostle of freedom of Speech as enshrined in the 1999 Constitution and the African Charter. If anyone feel libelled he should go to court

My position on that cannot change. Allow people their freedom. Personally I have been subjected to abuse, insult and ridicule. All I do is "ignore". In fact, sometimes people try to attack on my behalf, I tell some of them to allow the person to exercise his freedom.
l don't doubt your aversion to freefom of speech.l simply referenced your sentence because it cover the entire argument of those who support insulting the president
Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 15, 2015
Tecnonews24:

I often time hear them say, PDP don't know How to play opposition. I guess they have selective amnesia, otherwise they would have know that PDP have never be in opposition. I guess u guys would find out soon enough.
Whenever they say "PDP don't know how to play opposition", the question I love to ask is "How is opposition played"? "Who determines it"? You see they always say that to discourage some of us. But we can't be discouraged!
Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by Tecnonews24: 10:05pm On Jun 15, 2015
gboss4sure:

I know apc can't take the heat they gave GEJ, they forgot say na turn by turn. I'm looking forward to the day they will make a law that will try to cap what people says about the president/presidency.

From the particular day, they will see a new kind of insults and name calling that will trail them.

They where enjoying the names and abuses they gave to GEJ, now is our turn to enjoy insulting/abusing their government.

Even if GEJ comes out and apologise on their behalf, it won't end.

They should learn how to live with it because na them start am first.

The Daura President name sounds simple and respectful to my ears compared to what I have in mind when the chicken comes home to roast.

Nobody in apc will be spared.

the fire works begins soon, while at it, we are yet to come up with official name for the traditional first lady.
Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:06pm On Jun 15, 2015
abduljabbar4:
I urge all the progressives on nairaland not to reconcile with any tanoid. If not I won't recognise that person as my fellow APC member

Na one of them opened the thread!
Re: PDP And Gej Supporters : A Call For Reconciliation by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 15, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
l don't doubt your aversion to freefom of speech.l simply referenced your sentence because it cover the entire argument of those who support insulting the president
The truce the OP is calling for I think is about dialogue and not really censorship. Nothing wrong with dialogue if the other person see reasons to. Personally, I see no reason why they should even be worried about the "Daura President Tag" or #BabaOneChance tag or any other insult. They should be more concerned about the performance of the administration that his person.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet A Man Who Spends Time Cheating Death Every Day. Rule No.1 - Don’t Shout! / List Of Incorrect Words/phrases Commonly Used In Nigeria / Dele Momodu One Of The Advocates For The Change We Have Today, Makes A U Turn;..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.