Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance (66646 Views)

EFCC To Quiz Olisa Metuh Over N1.4billion Balance In Account / Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) / Nigerians Reaction To The 9billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by Nobody: 4:28am On Jun 17, 2015
Hmmnn.. So Ben Bruise don change mouth like barter now abi?
okay
#EffectOfMoney
Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by sokoh400(m): 4:36am On Jun 17, 2015
#occupynass, things need to change in this country.
Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by dungas30(m): 4:50am On Jun 17, 2015
mr ben is right. this money is nt diacus with the paliament. ben can only fight on a delibtated issue in the house. nt ouside his power.(sabisabi).
Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by mbulela: 4:58am On Jun 17, 2015
I pity fools who ever believed the attention-getting rants of this guy.
A man who together with his brothers have been unable to choose an almost naked girl in the name of beauty contest on a yearly basis without rancor and signs of underhand dealings. It is same man you expect to be a difference in a fraternity like the national assembly?
This man had a chance at NTA but left it worse than he met it.

I know Nigerians are desperate for change it the desperation should not drive us into the hands of obvious hypocrites.

The man's talents is in selecting anorexic almost naked girls. He should have stuck to that but in a country where drug dealers are lawmakers, I can understand how Ben Bruce has become a change agent.
Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by mbulela: 5:03am On Jun 17, 2015
Wildrage:
To show you are a man of honour, collect what's due to you, take it to your constituency and sink boreholes , provide scholarship for indigent students. If you do that, you would have sent an unambiguous message to your colleagues that you will not be a party to the profligacy in the house and the insensitivity of our leaders at all levels of govt

Long story.
Is it too hard to ask your bank to refund a payment to the account of the depositor? Especially when it Is a bank transfer. Better still, he should get Rmafc bank details and deposit the money in their account to the last kobo and post the deposit slip on Twitter ( since that is his constituency) . Maybe then somebody us will begin to take him serious.

1 Like

Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by mbulela: 5:14am On Jun 17, 2015
Justinah4real:
. This NASS are destroying the future of Young Nigerians. They should be Scrapped.
Like i said a while ago, the national assembly is the bane of democracy in this country. Make it part time with only sitting allowance paid to them.
Build a hotel with 360 rooms for their accommodation when in Abuja. Provide official cars attached to the national assembly that takes them to and back when in Abuja for sittings. Provide flight tickets to and from Abuja for sittings and adjournments should be limited.
As it is now, the Senate and House of rep has become a fraternity that men and women of dubious character and intentions join to expand their collective greed and violate our Commonwealth.
It is not like we all do not know what to do. The problem is that those needed to effect change are direct beneficiaries of the status quo. Change can only come from outside not within. No sane Nigerian political removes the feeding trough from his path.
Very soon, the poor will have nothing to eat but the rich. That is where change will come from. Not from these barbarians who have moved from the corner of the street to the city center.

1 Like

Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by repogirl(f): 5:15am On Jun 17, 2015
Nigeria is freaking broke, this is the time to tighten our girdles and manage the little thats left but these empty head lawmakers dont get it.... they will only stop after they have run this country into the ground..... serious revolution needed in this country, f'u'ck Change!
Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by dammytosh: 5:38am On Jun 17, 2015
Lol

I thought Uncle Ben used to be a Town crier.

Saying how Buhari should sell all private jets and be responsible.

Now time to practice what he preached, he spoke plenty English and enveloped us with Obfuscation and grammatical higi haga.

1 Like

Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by jungleluv70: 5:57am On Jun 17, 2015
damiiee:
na wah o.
Ben Bruce have reacted to the criticisms of the national assembly

see more details here.
http://daminaija..com/2015/06/ben-bruce-reacts-to-criticisms-of.html
THE MOUTH DON CHANGE MONEY DON COME OGA BEN PLEASE REJECT THE MONEY IF TRUE TRUE YOU WAN REDUCTION IN GOVERNRANCE MONEY. POLYTHIEFCIAN.
Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by RaptorX: 6:04am On Jun 17, 2015
lordthree:
after one week all this dies down, senators get paid the money, nigerians go back to their daily lives, no action taken. nigerians suffering and smiling since 1960.
You know why it's gonna play out like you describe? Because the lawmakers are a reflection of the average Nigerian, what Nigeria needs is a moral revolution not a physical or violent revolution, cause if you replace this current crop of lawmakers twenty times over you will still get the same result. When George Orwell wrote animal farm he must have Nigeria in mind.

Couple of years ago, I had an uncle who through family connection was able to become the chief of staff to the governor of one of the south western states, this was a guy that use to complain about how corrupt Nigerian politicians were, until it got to his turn and within a year he was building a magnificent mansion in Ibadan, with a fleet of luxury cars parked in his compound.

1 Like

Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by ledaman: 6:14am On Jun 17, 2015
mr benson or rothman bruise what a shame on u! av u forgotten your promise?
Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 17, 2015
We've talked enough already. Someone should wake me when it's time to hit the streets and coerce these folks into receiving decent and realistic allowances!

Mere talk changes nothing. Our rulers are simply leveraging on our docility and cowardice.
A docile citizenry is the greatest support a people can lend to corruption and waste.

The fight doesn't belong to Ben Bruce; he will be outnumbered, and if he gets intimidated by his colleagues for his stance on this issue, we will continue to live our lives like nothing happened. He needs our support.

It is OUR fight. Waiting on a corrupt government to sanitise itself is a huge waste of time.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by Nobody: 6:27am On Jun 17, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

LMAO! Which bank be that bros cheesy

Bank of the north (unity bank)
Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by Menace2Society(m): 6:31am On Jun 17, 2015
obailala:
Comprehension ability = 0

Very many Nigerians are just too dull
Can u imagine?
Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by TEERALPH(m): 6:34am On Jun 17, 2015
Firefire:
NIGERIA needs deliverance from our politicians.

How do you explain this fraudulent enrichment ?

Nigeria is a nation of 170 Million people and the few who are less than a million are enslaving the remaining 169 Million. undecided

We expect an instant revocation of any law backing this daylight robbery. angry angry
I quite agree with you. This should be reviewed downward in the interest of the populace and the excess channeled into meaningful development.

1 Like

Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by adconline(m): 6:34am On Jun 17, 2015
BTW, Naija is borrowing this money from IMF, China, and ADB etc
Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by Zakamori: 6:34am On Jun 17, 2015
Wake me up when we are ready to hit the streets.
Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by kgr8mike(m): 6:35am On Jun 17, 2015
Ben Bruce has CHANGED as APC promised.
Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by olacollinz(m): 6:35am On Jun 17, 2015
Go and reject your own allowance and Come back and talk.
Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by dabossman(m): 6:36am On Jun 17, 2015
ApexTitan:

Obviously the thrust of his tweets flew right over your head. Reread them one more time.

As in! I'm reading all the comments above and wondering if our people can't comprehend simple things at all. How do his tweets translate to "changing mouth". Jeez.

1 Like

Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by Damikevin(m): 6:42am On Jun 17, 2015
What did he just say now. Pls tell me.
Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by Diddy58(m): 6:46am On Jun 17, 2015
kelvincoll:
He ended up saying nothing tangible undecided
To much of GRAMMATICAL words affects his thinking...... that was the reason why he is unable to make point......

1 Like

Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by dicapino: 6:57am On Jun 17, 2015
Hello bro ...thats what we call Prevarication in politics

Koolking:
Bruce's comment does not mean he has renegaded on his principles and promises. We shouldn't be quick to misunderstand and misinteprete. Its best to consider issues objectively with all decency and void of prejudice. I understand his position. They say a tree cannot make a forest. In a chamber where bribery and corruption are trademarks, you need coalition and partnership that work in order to make impact. It's obvious he cant change the proposal at hand if he goes solo.

Bruce is apt on his comment, even if he shares in the booty it aint his fault.
Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by caprini1: 6:58am On Jun 17, 2015
Nigerians gradually been pushed to the wall...Politicians should learn from the last election,how an incumbent lost re - election.That was the beginning,something close to a revolution against politicians might be in the oven!
Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by ApexTitan(m): 6:59am On Jun 17, 2015
dabossman:

As in! I'm reading all the comments above and wondering if our people can't comprehend simple things at all. How do his tweets translate to "changing mouth". Jeez.

I have long since given up on the comprehension capabilities of most of the people here. The bulk of them are steeped in ignorance spite and senseless prejudice beyond redemption. It's best to leave them to their devices, hopefully with time they will tire of seeing the world through the lopsided lenses of bias. Or maybe not.
Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by fejicruz(m): 7:03am On Jun 17, 2015
Had Adam & Eve restrained themselves from eating the forbidden fruit, there won't have been the need to wear clothes. Our lawmakers won't be using N8 billion to buy clothes.
Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by 4everGrand(m): 7:05am On Jun 17, 2015
deandavid:
what's your problem dude. Are u for Nigerian or for d senators . The money too much. Even if nobody in nigeria will reject that amount that doesn't stop the senators from listening to d collective voices of d people. All we are saying reduce the pay of these NASS people. Stop making foolish excuses on their behalf.

Are u sure u read what I wrote and you understand it? I doubt if u do.
Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by kalybaly: 7:10am On Jun 17, 2015
Mr Bruce. You are just another Nigerian or worse because run your mouth a lot. Coalitions or alienation. You seem like you have a plan before on how to channel such money to good use. Some people never believed u though but I kept an open mind. Because if one wants change one must be willing to trust again.
Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by gabriel74: 7:16am On Jun 17, 2015
lol Beb Ben
Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by Orikinla(m): 7:17am On Jun 17, 2015
damiiee:
na wah o.
Ben Bruce have reacted to the criticisms of the national assembly

see more details here.
http://daminaija..com/2015/06/ben-bruce-reacts-to-criticisms-of.html

Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by donJ2(m): 7:19am On Jun 17, 2015
chamboy:
We Are On Our Own

#Jah bless yuh.

This has been my position since 18 BC

The country is beyond redemption,

It will be easier for an elephant to pass through d eye of a needle than for things to go d masses way in 9ja

...I alwayz tell youths...#hustle hard, d country has no plans for yuh.....trivial tho
Re: Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance by Randito(m): 7:23am On Jun 17, 2015
Iooooooooooooooooo. I think say GEj owe debt full every where soty money no remain to pay workers again. Na where them wan see 9b to fund the clothing of the unclad lawmakers?

When e reach time to share money na dia we go sabi say ds guys na colleagues. Den none of dem go say I be apc or pdp. Na we are all brothers and sisters, all we should be thinking is how to move our pockets forward na dem go use as toast during the wardrobe money sharing ceremony.

If only ds boko boys knows where to launch their missiles things would Av been better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Opens Up On Cabal, Osinbajo, TY Danjuma, Nigeria Election / Marilyn Ngige Gets Inducted As A Medical Doctor / I Won't Forget Jonathan's Call - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.