Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,966 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? (4017 Views)

You Can Only Bark In Your Land, But Won’t Dare It In Kano – Kwankwaso to Yorubas / Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? / President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? by seanet02: 4:53pm On Feb 28, 2011
Dede1:

Like any mortal, Awo’s legacy is mix bag at best. Even though some visionless disciples of Awo are hell bent to create one of the wonders of earth in Nigeria as Awolowo.

Dede alias lies
Obiagu1:

^^^

The buffer zone between Igbos and Yorubas is very thin, it's only Edo State. The whole of Northern Delta State to Edo is Igbo.

As for getting reinforcement, ask Lagosians what happened when the Yorubas attacked the Igbos.
You will never stop lying, it's hereditary! What happened? When we actually slaughter you people like animals. Better don't get yourself into trouble again.
Re: Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? by Kobojunkie: 5:05pm On Feb 28, 2011
This is nothing but wickedness. Adults who are supposed to care for children are here beating their chests instead at news/rumors that their ethnic zones may have less number of out-of-school children(chronically high numbers still), than the other zones, when all the innocent children, no matter the zone, deserve nothing less but equal opportunity to a bright future.  undecided undecided
Re: Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? by excanny: 5:44pm On Feb 28, 2011
Kobojunkie:

This is nothing but wickedness. Adults who are supposed to care for children are here beating their chests instead at news/rumors that their ethnic zones may have less number of out-of-school children(chronically high numbers still), than the other zones, when all the innocent children, no matter the zone, deserve nothing less but equal opportunity to a bright future.  undecided undecided

Do you say this when it's the other way round?

How many times have I observed you running your mouth in lashing the south east, but now you are playing an unbiased commentator.
Re: Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? by PhysicsMHD(m): 7:23pm On Feb 28, 2011
Obiagu1:

When it becomes clearer to Yorubas that they don't go to school is when the North will overtake them in enrollment.
Now, they can deny every data there but we are laughing.

The major factor is that, on the average, Yoruba families are poorer than Igbo families. You don't go to tertiary institution without fund.
Next Yorubas will come up with their silly per capita income which was calculated using GDP(PPP) rather than GDP alone which tend to put them on a better per capita income than the SE states.

If a thorough research is done comparing Igbo progress vs Yoruba progress and a plot is made, it'll be a shocking revelation.
The gap between Igbos and Yorubas will widen significantly in the next 50 yrs.

Do you have data on the Nigerian states for GDP alone? How can you make these claims for GDP vs. GDP (PPP) if you don't?

The GDP (PPP) data was obtained from here: https://www.cgidd.com/ and there is no evidence that the people who obtained that data did so in order to further a Yoruba superiority conspiracy.

If it's so important to you to find out, go to that website (https://www.cgidd.com/) pick all the states under Nigeria, pay the required fee (not an insignificant amount, unfortunately), and post the results.

It's not important enough to me, however, to waste my money on something that won't affect me. But until you do post the data for GDP alone, it makes no sense to just assert that the data for GDP alone would show a different trend.
Re: Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? by Dede1(m): 7:25pm On Feb 28, 2011
seanet02:

Dede alias lies

I guess it takes one liar to notice another. In my posts about Awolowo, I have tailored my words to suit the appropriate endeavor of Awo’s political machination whether it was diabolical, treacherous or humorous. Unlike you who would want us to believe that Awo was the best thing God created after the slice of bread.
Re: Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? by Kobojunkie: 7:26pm On Feb 28, 2011
This is nothing but wickedness. Adults who are supposed to care for children are here beating their chests instead at news/rumors that their ethnic zones may have less number of out-of-school children(chronically high numbers still),  than the other zones, when all the innocent children, no matter the zone, deserve nothing less but equal opportunity to a bright future.  undecided undecided

St.Funmi:

The recent drop of Yorubas in school may be a result of the demise of Awo's free education policy. If most rural Yorubas are not used to paying school fees, do you think they'll wake up suddenly to do it?.
I don’t believe the drop has much to do with education being free, unless we can SHOW this to be the case.
St.Funmi:

Secondly, the population density of south west may also be a factor because we spend more percentage of our federal state allocation to furnish these schools that cater for children  from every part of the nation while they spend less and achieve more in their own states that have a higher percentage of indigenes.
Considering the vast majority of the public schools in the SW are essentially death traps now, I don’t believe it is the case that the states allocations are really being spent on furnishing these schools that cater for the children, as you claim. I really would love to see data to show this to be the case considering my own research tends to the idea that much of that money rarely gets to the schools themselves.

St.Funmi:

Do you think we should bring back Awo's  free education to boost the interest of Yoruba youths in schools.
Bring it back?
St.Funmi:

We should understand clearly that the more they drop out of school the more the population of area boys and almajiris increase in our land.
And the more we continue to ignore other factors that may contribute more to the problem than the FREE EDUCATION policy, the more we as well continue to increase the population of area boys and almajiris.

St.Funmi:

Also, I studied the statistics and foresaw a trend that may be shocking to any yoruba person that cares. There is still  a big difference between male and female enrollment in schools. If females are more in population but when it comes to education, they drop, what does that tell you about our culture and how it subdues women?. The more we educate our women, the more we curtail careless pregnancy and poverty
Definitely, I believe culture plays a bigger part in all this, than does the free education policy, etc. That is my opinion, but I think there are other factors that ought to be dealt with in order to make education more appealing, and we may not have touched on them yet.
Re: Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? by Dede1(m): 7:35pm On Feb 28, 2011
excanny:

Do you say this when it's the other way round?

How many times have I observed you running your mouth in lashing the south east, but now you are playing an unbiased commentator.

Do not mind the lady in her usual impish manners. Probably if SE had been subjected to derogatory instances, she would have been in her usual no-bar-hold or loose-tongue approach. I guess such partial behavior stems from her likeness of the zone or lack thereof.
Re: Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? by Kobojunkie: 7:37pm On Feb 28, 2011
@Dede1, I DARE you to pull up a single instance where I lambaste the SE unfairly, and not YOUR PERSONAL CLAIMS THAT YOU PRETEND APPLY to the SE just because you claim it so? You folks are too full of hate to see past your own delusions is what the problem is.

Please enough of this attention seeking issue you have  . . . . for once, have pity on the Children who are the ones suffering here -- regardless of race, tribe, religion --- no child deserves what they continue to get at the hands of our leaders.
Re: Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? by Dede1(m): 7:53pm On Feb 28, 2011
Kobojunkie:

@Dede1, I DARE you to pull up a single instance where I lambaste the SE unfairly, and not YOUR PERSONAL CLAIMS THAT YOU PRETEND APPLY to the SE just because you claim it so? You folks are too full of hate to see past your own delusions is what the problem is.

Please enough of this attention seeking issue you have  . . . . for once, have pity on the Children who are the ones suffering here -- regardless of race, tribe, religion --- no child deserves what they continue to get at the hands of our leaders.

I believe you got the wrong person in your crosshair. You do not need to throw a gauntlet to my way because your highhandedness approaches to issues concerning the SE on this forum are not hidden matters. Do you not think your use of word- hate is absurd?
Re: Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Feb 28, 2011
Dede1:

I believe you got the wrong person in your crosshair. You do not need to throw a gauntlet to my way because your highhandedness approaches to issues concerning the SE on this forum are not hidden matters. Do you not think your use of word- hate is absurd? 

Are's you the one who made this comment of my person or not?

Dede1:

Do not mind the lady in her usual impish manners. Probably if SE had been subjected to derogatory instances, she would have been in her usual no-bar-hold or loose-tongue approach. I guess such partial behavior stems from her likeness of the zone or lack thereof.   

Believe you me, I know you folks rarely process posts that do not align with your chosen delusions there before you jump to proclaim they are anti-ibos. I have seen you in action, year after year, and the way you decide that everyone who does not agree with you to the T is definitely not of the same ethnicity still gets me laughing all the time.

No, I do not have the wrong person  . . . now will you please provide us with the data I requested, or are you admitting you have none to offer??
Re: Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? by excanny: 8:15pm On Feb 28, 2011
^^^
How does it make you feel using that word 'you folks'. Is your generalization refering to one poster, some posters or a group of posters?
What is exactly your position? Do you have something against the group of 'you folks' you want to let out?
Re: Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? by excanny: 8:20pm On Feb 28, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Do you have data on the Nigerian states for GDP alone? How can you make these claims for GDP vs. GDP (PPP) if you don't?

The GDP (PPP) data was obtained from here: https://www.cgidd.com/ and there is no evidence that the people who obtained that data did so in order to further a Yoruba superiority conspiracy.

If it's so important to you to find out, go to that website (https://www.cgidd.com/) pick all the states under Nigeria, pay the required fee (not an insignificant amount, unfortunately), and post the results.

It's not important enough to me, however, to waste my money on something that won't affect me. But until you do post the data for GDP alone, it makes no sense to just assert that the data for GDP alone would show a different trend.

It doesn't matter which of the GDP you use, it will still give you the same results. Just put into consideration the population giving out the output, and get your average.
Re: Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? by Dede1(m): 8:45pm On Feb 28, 2011
excanny:

^^^
How does it make you feel using that word 'you folks'. Is your generalization refering to one poster, some posters or a group of posters?
What is exactly your position? Do you have something against the group of 'you folks' you want to let out?

She will only realize that she had slipped when her rear end hits the hard rock very hard.
Re: Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? by Kobojunkie: 8:47pm On Feb 28, 2011
Dede1:

She will only realize that she had slipped when her rear end hits the hard rock very hard.         

How exactly is referring to you and your mini-Gang on Nairaland, a gang that PRETENDS to speak on behalf of all ibos, a slip?  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Seriously, why are you avoiding the question?

Again, please provide any of my posts that actually attacks the S-Easterners and not just your claims of the SE? I want to see you produce this one to show you have actually been following any of my actual posts and not your delusions born out of your hate and conceit towards others.
Re: Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? by PhysicsMHD(m): 8:52pm On Feb 28, 2011
excanny:

It doesn't matter which of the GDP you use, it will still give you the same results. Just put into consideration the population giving out the output, and get your average.

That's a possible explanation. Using that same data, Anambra, with a higher population than Ogun, Ondo, and Osun, has a lower GDP than any of those three; that's the kind of trend that Obiagu1 was complaining about and alleging to be due to PPP vs. not-PPP data. However, if you took 5 of the Yoruba states, without Lagos state, and compared them to 5 Igbo states, you would see the Yorubas ahead in GDP (PPP), which would suggest that the population figures for Igbos within those 5 SE states are actually not under counted (though the many Igbos outside of those 5 states that are originally from those states might be resulting in the lower population figures for those states), as they would have higher GDP's if they were indeed being under counted. So unless the GDP data, if ever obtained, shows a different trend from the GDP (PPP) data, I would think that the GDP (PPP) data actually makes sense.
Re: Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? by excanny: 9:58pm On Feb 28, 2011
Kobojunkie:

How exactly is referring to you and your mini-Gang on Nairaland, a gang that PRETENDS to speak on behalf of all ibos, a slip?  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Seriously, why are you avoiding the question?

Again, please provide any of my posts that actually attacks the S-Easterners and not just your claims of the SE? I want to see you produce this one to show you have actually been following any of my actual posts and not your delusions born out of your hate and conceit towards others.

Then again I ask you, are the other posters on the forum not from a zone? Have you accused them of trying to represent their zones? Or is it only the SE that has folks trying to represent it?

Gosh! SMH @ how loosely you use the word 'hatred'.
Re: Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? by Dede1(m): 5:41am On Mar 01, 2011
Kobojunkie:

How exactly is referring to you and your mini-Gang on Nairaland, a gang that PRETENDS to speak on behalf of all ibos, a slip? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Seriously, why are you avoiding the question?

You can whine till the hell freezes over, you are a noted enemy of SE. The disdain you had for the people could not allow you to accord the simple courtesy of addressing them properly as Igbo instead of Ibo. I honestly maintained it is either the love you have for SE or outright dislike for the zone that spurred you to write crass and irresponsible essays about the zone.

I am not surprised to see your delusional state of mind boils to the surface when you tagged me a pretender. I am not yet qualified to speak on the behalf of Ndigbo and have not been nominated as a spokesperson for such wonderful group of people.
Re: Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? by Kobojunkie: 5:58am On Mar 01, 2011
Dede1:

You can whine till the hell freezes over, you are a noted enemy of SE. The disdain you had for the people could not allow you to accord the simple courtesy of addressing them properly as Igbo instead of Ibo. I honestly maintained it is either the love you have for SE or outright dislike for the zone that spurred you to write crass and irresponsible essays about the zone. 

I am not surprised to see your delusional state of mind boils to the surface when you tagged me a pretender. I am not yet qualified to speak on the behalf of Ndigbo and have not been nominated as a spokesperson for such wonderful group of people. 

Let me get this straight . . .  you have no proof of me actually HATING the S.E --- (You are unable to pick out any one of the many posts of mine on S.E Threads to suport your claims) . . . .  other than your deluded ideas of everyone out there who calls you to order, especially when you spew trash about any people, being anti-SE?

WOW . . . for a minute there, you got me believing their was still hope that you could actually see past your hate and conceit.  I am sorry, but the one with the delusions is the one who continually claims one is a hater but is UNABLE still --- after thousands of my posts on S.E related threads, unable to pick even one to show he even knows what he is talking about.

If you claim you do not pretend to speak on behalf of the people, then DON'T get all riled up when one disagrees with you . . .  Oh wait, are you going to tell me next that you and your squad are the only gangs allowed/authorized to speak on Ibo issues?? ROFLMAO!!
Re: Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? by Dede1(m): 6:17am On Mar 01, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Let me get this straight . . .  you have no proof of me actually HATING the S.E --- (You are unable to pick out any one of the many posts of mine on S.E Threads to suport your claims) . . . .  other than your deluded ideas of everyone out there who calls you to order, especially when you spew trash about any people, being anti-SE?

WOW . . . for a minute there, you got me believing their was still hope that you could actually see past your hate and conceit.  I am sorry, but the one with the delusions is the one who continually claims one is a hater but is UNABLE still --- after thousands of my posts on S.E related threads, unable to pick even one to show he even knows what he is talking about.

If you claim you do not pretend to speak on behalf of the people, then DON'T get all riled up when one disagrees with you . . .  Oh wait, are you going to tell me next that you and your squad are the only gangs allowed/authorized to speak on Ibo issues?? ROFLMAO!!

If you think I have to stoop so low to search for the junks you posted on this board in order to prove a silly point, you are as dense as I thought. Can you just listen to your poor self? Probably you are the spokesperson of the groups or you pretend to speak on behalf of everything you supported on this board. I can not be piqued because a wily drunk decided to spew crap about Ndigbo or SE zone on this forum. However, I have every intention to response to such uncouth behavior.
Re: Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? by Kobojunkie: 6:24am On Mar 01, 2011
Dede1:

If you think I have to stoop so low to search for the junks you posted on this board in order to prove a silly point, you are as dense as I thought. Can you just listen to your poor self? Probably you are the spokesperson of the groups or you pretend to speak on behalf of everything you supported on this board. I can not be piqued because a wily drunk decided to spew crap about Ndigbo or SE zone on this forum. However, I have every intention to response to such uncouth behavior. 
Translation --- "I don't have any posts actually showing you denigrading Ibos or South Easterners in any way, but I will continue to accuse you falsely of being an Ibo hater just because I cannot stand the way you continue to object to my claims, no matter how biased they may be of Ibos and other groups out there"

@Dede1, Grow up!!!  I hope you realize all I did was ask you, for the umpteenth time, to substantiate the FALSE claims you continue to make of my person, and for the umpteenth time, you have chosen to go on and on without even providing one ounce of evidence to show you have even been thinking clearly as a person on these issues. I suggest you give it a rest already. We are not all stuck in the past and as conceited as you are. Some of us are actually able to look beyond the past, our ethnic identities, our skin colors, creed, religion etc to care what happens to all, and not just for that which PINCHES and BITES locally. Even from your own threads, it is clear you are only concerned with your ego and not necessarily the very well being of the Ibo populace, so give it a rest already.
Re: Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? by excanny: 7:04am On Mar 01, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Translation --- "I don't have any posts actually showing you denigrading Ibos or South Easterners in any way, but I will continue to accuse you falsely of being an Ibo hater just because I cannot stand the way you continue to object to my claims, no matter how biased they may be of Ibos and other groups out there"

@Dede1, Grow up!!!  I hope you realize all I did was ask you, for the umpteenth time, to substantiate the FALSE claims you continue to make of my person, and for the umpteenth time, you have chosen to go on and on without even providing one ounce of evidence to show you have even been thinking clearly as a person on these issues. I suggest you give it a rest already. We are not all stuck in the past and as conceited as you are. Some of us are actually able to look beyond the past, our ethnic identities, our skin colors, creed, religion etc to care what happens to all, and not just for that which PINCHES and BITES locally. Even from your own threads, it is clear you are only concerned with your ego and not necessarily the very well being of the Ibo populace, so give it a rest already.

You still have the effrontery to refer to the people of the SE as 'Ibos', yet you claim you have nothing against them?

Is that not solid proof to substantiate the allegation against you, knowing that(and after being corrected severally) majority of them find that term offensive?
Re: Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? by ekubear1: 7:12am On Mar 01, 2011
@PhysicsMHD: At first I was surprised at how much the data costs from that site. Then I realized that estimating these things accurately probably isn't cheap  undecided

Would be nice if the Nigerian gov't provided the data.
Re: Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? by Dede1(m): 2:43pm On Mar 01, 2011
Kobojunkie:

@Dede1, Grow up!!! I hope you realize all I did was ask you, for the umpteenth time, to substantiate the FALSE claims you continue to make of my person, and for the umpteenth time, you have chosen to go on and on without even providing one ounce of evidence to show you have even been thinking clearly as a person on these issues. I suggest you give it a rest already. We are not all stuck in the past and as conceited as you are. Some of us are actually able to look beyond the past, our ethnic identities, our skin colors, creed, religion etc to care what happens to all, and not just for that which PINCHES and BITES locally. Even from your own threads, it is clear you are only concerned with your ego and not necessarily the very well being of the Ibo populace, so give it a rest already.

I guess you need to grow up and acquire discipline. At least, you must endeavor to accord Ndigbo a duly respect by writing Igbo instead of Ibo. Until you comport your silly self to such simple courtesy, you shall remain a prodigal child. By the way, I shall give it a rest.
Re: Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? by EkoIle1: 2:58pm On Mar 01, 2011
Dede1:

I guess you need to grow up and acquire discipline. At least, you must endeavor to accord Ndigbo a duly respect by writing Igbo instead of Ibo. Until you comport your silly self to such simple courtesy, you shall remain a prodigal child. By the way, I shall give it a rest.

But ibo is the correct term.

Philip Efiong never even used the term Igbo in this video,

http://www.viewnaija.com/video/2496/No-Victor-No-Vanquished--Biafra-War-Pt-18
Re: Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On Mar 01, 2011
Dede1:

Again with your ego trying to dictate how things ought to go . . . . how folks ought to spell . . .  I would think after almost 2 or 3 years of you incessantly harping on my right to spell the word as I choose to, you would have learnt by now that I do not bow to your whims or that of any member of your gang there . . . I spell the word as I know to spell it. Funny thing is the way you, and your mini-gang here on nairaland, lop that around as some sort of insult /disrespect on ibos, rather than clearly admitting this is about your ego clearly shows you do somehow believe you speak on behalf of ibos. If you have no supporting evidence for your accusations, I think it is time you learnt to focus on the message and not the legitimacy of the messenger since no be your papa or mama own iboland, nor do they hold all rights to all issues ibo.

I, a prodigal child? What does that even mean??  cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy   Please Grow up!!
Re: Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? by AndreUweh(m): 6:30pm On Mar 01, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Again with your ego trying to dictate how things ought to go . . . . how folks ought to spell . . . I would think after almost 2 or 3 years of you incessantly harping on my right to spell the word as I choose to, you would have learnt by now that I do not bow to your whims or that of any member of your gang there . . . I spell the word as I know to spell it. Funny thing is the way you, and your mini-gang here on nairaland, lop that around as some sort of insult /disrespect on Ndigbo, rather than clearly admitting this is about your ego clearly shows you do somehow believe you speak on behalf of Ndigbo. If you have no supporting evidence for your accusations, I think it is time you learnt to focus on the message and not the legitimacy of the messenger since no be your papa or mama own Igboland, nor do they hold all rights to all issues Igbo.

I, a prodigal child? What does that even mean?? cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy Please Grow up!!
angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living / Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons / What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.