Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Why Some Men Don't Cheat - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Some Men Don't Cheat (7859 Views)

Reasons Why Some Men Never Cheat (must read) jl / Annoying Attitudes Some Men Display / Why Do Some Men Like To Tempt Married Women? Why??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Some Men Don't Cheat by NifemiOlu(m): 10:52pm On Jun 17, 2015
I saw a post yesterday where a dude implied that ALL men cheat. Sadly, I have heard women say this too and they explain this is why they accept their fate. It is a miscarriage of information. Not all men cheat. The reasons they don’t cheat may be due to high moral standards or fear but the crux of the matter is not all men cheat. A man once told me “men who cheat are pigs”. But below are the reasons (positive and negative) why I feel not all men cheat:

MATURITY
Everyone says being old doesn’t make you a matured person…age is nothing but a number. I think I agree. Cheating shows how immature a man is. I may run into trouble with some men with this point but it’s just the fact. How do you say you’re a matured person and you cheat? Matured men see women as the same. So why would they cheat? Matured men have made a painstaking decision to be with a woman, so they know what it takes. I have a lot of friends who don’t cheat on their girlfriends, fiancées and wives.

“Sometimes we treat women the way we treated toys and clothes as kids. I remember being like fifteen and literally begging my parents to buy me the new red and black patent leather Jordan’s. My dad told me they cost hundred and fifty dollars and I remember thinking: “Okay, what’s the big deal?” He told me how many hours he had to work to make money and told me I wouldn’t appreciate it until I worked for it. Once I worked off the money for the shoes, I hardly ever wore them because I was too afraid of messing them up! That being said, I’m faithful because my wife made me work hard to get her and she holds me accountable.” Anonymous~ Newlywed

RESPECT FOR THEIR WIVES
Let me make this clear. A man can love his wife and cheat but a man who respects and loves his wife will NEVER cheat on her. Most men cheat because they found a cheap chance and they took it. Some men, equally, have seen such chances but never took those chances. A lady used to be in my office. Talk of beauty, she is beautiful and graceful…an angel she is but single. I was ‘fortunate’ to be invited to her house a day she was bored. When I got to her house, I could have seized the opportunity to ‘chop and clean mouth’ but I had a rethink of my woman. I thought how would I hurt someone who has been there for me? As men, we like pretty women and I do too. When I see some women, I’m like “God but why? This beauty is just too much for one lady” but quickly I come to my senses and remember I may have something better that I wouldn’t realize until I lose it.

“I think men make excuses for why we cheat. You can look, you can fantasize but after you’re done you need to pinch yourself and be grateful for the person who loves you unconditionally. I haven’t cheated because I have everything I need at home. My grandfather used to tell me, if she don’t have it, then you don’t need it. That was the last conversation he and I had before he passed away. I stand by that.” Anonymous ~ Married for 4 years now.

MORAL AND RELIGIOUS CODES

Brother Joseph would not want to screw another woman because the bible says it’s wrong neither will Alfa Ahmed. He will rather marry her as a 2nd wife. There are some men who are highly disciplined. Their friends know they don’t cheat, their wives and children know. A man whose father never cheated on his mother has a low chance of cheating. Cheating can never be found in their fabrics. If you’re married to such a man, you are lucky. Enjoy!

SO MANY MEN ARE INCREDIBLY LAZY

Has anyone noticed men grow fat immediately after wedding? Why? This is due to eating a lot and lack of activity as the woman does virtually everything in the home. Men like to lie down, watch sports, analyse politics and drink beer. Cheating, on the other hand, is stressful. You have to shower, shave, wash your car, do dental flossing, go to the movies, engage in conversation etc. Cheating involves travelling, dinner reservations and booking hotel rooms. Mehn, some men cannot bear all these. It’s just too stressful. As for me, I have never cheated. Maybe I belong to this group of men. How some men manage to cheat and keep many women in their lives, I will never understand.

FEAR

Some men are afraid of being caught in the act. This explains why the ‘other woman’ is always in the background. Many men have changed their cheating patterns. Gone are the days men cheat at night—it’s now in the day. Some men leave work before the normal closing hour (and some before getting to work) and they make sure they get home on time so the wife wouldn’t suspect anything. This is why it’s good to pay surprise visits to his work once in a while.

“Man, I think it took for me to get my heart broken before I got my act together. I cheated on my girlfriend when I was in my 20’s and that was my first love. She never forgave me and because of that, I never thought I would find another love like her again. Luckily I met an amazing woman last year and I plan to make it official this year. I will never make that mistake again. I hate the dating scene!“ Anonymous ~ 1 year committed relationship

As a woman, never programme your mind that all men cheat. When you do, it wouldn’t allow you to be the best wife and mother you’ve dreamed of.

16 Likes

Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by Tallesty1(m): 10:57pm On Jun 17, 2015
Religion is not the reason I try as much as possible to remain faithful.

There is just one rule that guides my relationship.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you...........

I know how I will feel if she cheats on me so I won't put her through it.

That's all.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 17, 2015
"all men cheat" who told you to try them all?

I believe maturity is the number one thing, what will make a man cheat if not that he is immature? the thing you're looking for outside is the same thing your babe has. if you like bigger size, why didn't you go for that one instead?

personally I don't even care if my man is cheating, it's his business... but cheating isn't based on sex.. if u are in a relationship and you have started feeling somehow funny with another woman or even man, you have already started cheating... sex is just the end product.

5 Likes

Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by sthugo: 11:25pm On Jun 17, 2015
Hmmm
But if you dont care that your man cheats,it hurts especially if you are committed.
@ choose the kind of woman u want,lol
Thats the reason am.....u know

Blossom023:

I believe maturity is the number one thing, what will make a man cheat if not that he is immature? the thing you're looking for outside is the same thing your babe has. if you like bigger size, why didn't you go for that one instead?

personally I don't even care if my man is cheating, it's his business... but cheating isn't based on sex.. if u are in a relationship and you have started feeling somehow funny with another woman or even man, you have already started cheating... sex is just the end product.
Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by NifemiOlu(m): 11:28pm On Jun 17, 2015
Blossom023:

That's emotional cheating. Many people do it without knowing
https://www.nairaland.com/2076238/emotional-cheating-guilty
Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by bukatyne(f): 11:35pm On Jun 17, 2015
Blossom023:

Why wouldn't you care your man is cheating?

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by bukatyne(f): 11:36pm On Jun 17, 2015
@OP:

Good one, spread the message. cheesy

I will add that a man who genuinely loves his wife would not cheat on her..

That love includes respect

11 Likes

Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by PresidentT(m): 11:40pm On Jun 17, 2015
That lazy part is my reason. I can't go thru the wahala o! Mine is work, assignments, TV and sleep. I wonder how I'll cope with an extra woman.

3 Likes

Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by NifemiOlu(m): 11:42pm On Jun 17, 2015
PresidentT:
That lazy part is my reason. I can't go thru the wahala o! Mine is work, assignments, TV and sleep. I wonder how I'll cope with an extra woman.

Same here o

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by Stillfire: 2:47am On Jun 18, 2015
The revival is beginning in male thinking pattern, tehehehe. cheesy
OP ride on. cheesy
Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by Mintayo(m): 7:19am On Jun 18, 2015
I can't imagine or see myself "hitting" my chest on that of a strange woman and also have the effrontery to "hit" the same chest on my wife! lipsrsealed
Plus, the Bible is so clear about adultery! lipsrsealed

13 Likes

Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 18, 2015
All men don't cheat of course. . Some are extremely disciplined and can't go about shamelessly inserting their deek into any Vg..

Some find it disgusting...

Some love and respect their wives.

Some are so career minded, so busy to think about cheating on their wives...

Some are truly religious and respect the vows made before the lord..

*Forget about any lady that tells you all men cheat, she's only looking for consolation for her cheating bf/husband..

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by Moana(f): 7:37am On Jun 18, 2015
Lalasticala
Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by greatgod2012(f): 8:06am On Jun 18, 2015
Tallesty1:
Religion is not the reason I try as much as possible to remain faithful.

There is just one rule that guides my relationship.

I know how I will feel if she cheats on me so I won't put her through it.

That's all.

are you sure you are not my husband?
Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by Wendy80(f): 8:18am On Jun 18, 2015
Its really a pity when I hear 'all men cheat' from ladies.
Some don't cos of their morals and some cos they are spiritual(believes things will go bad for them or they'll lose business deals if they commit adultery). While some know that will be the end of their marriage once they cheat.

5 Likes

Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by Tallesty1(m): 8:32am On Jun 18, 2015
greatgod2012:

are you sure you are not my husband?
lmao.....
Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by b3llo(m): 8:50am On Jun 18, 2015
Selc-Discipline is the answer.
Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by cococandy(f): 9:09am On Jun 18, 2015
grin grin grin
Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by babygirlfl: 9:11am On Jun 18, 2015
This thread is a breath of fresh air.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 18, 2015
The "all men cheat" female gang should be there consoling themselves when many of their fellow women are enjoying their marriages with men who keep to their vows. kiss

All men cheat indeed. Tua!

6 Likes

Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by 5minsmadness: 9:33am On Jun 18, 2015
I think women that say all men cheat are either inexperienced, young or have had a really bad go in relationships. Most of the ladies just chant it as a mantra cos they have heard about it on social media or cos they have seen one or two very bad relationships and then begin a massive generalization.

Then again really, how many men have u been thru to conclude that all men cheat? Doesn't that speak volumes about your own relationship life?

5 Likes

Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 18, 2015
Tallesty1:
Ditto!

No one else could have written it better.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 18, 2015
Mine is based on my religion and moral standard.

#NoSexBeforeMarriage. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 18, 2015
FrancisTony:
Mine is based on my religion and moral standard.
#NoSexBeforeMarriage. smiley

That na different matter.

Chopping only one soup is different from not chopping at all. wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by cococandy(f): 9:44am On Jun 18, 2015
5minsmadness:
I think women that say all men cheat are either inexperienced, young or have had a really bad go in relationships. Most of the ladies just chant it as a mantra cos they have heard about it on social media or cos they have seen one or two very bad relationships and then begin a massive generalization.

Then again really, how many men have u been thru to conclude that all men cheat? Doesn't that speak volumes about your own relationship life?

Mmm interesting.
What about the men who belong to the 'all men cheat' crew? They are the ones I find more interesting because you can't be bandying such phrases around and expect the ladies not to believe that all men don't cheat.
Last I checked many guys on this forum belong to that sect (even you. Don't make me go looking for posts pls). I even surprisingly find myself sometimes defending the male folk while they are busy tearing their own image down by endorsing all shades of cheating and making excuses for guys who cheat.

So what have you to say for yourself? Does having such opinions speak volumes about the guys' own relationship patterns?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 18, 2015
Phema:

That na different matter.
Chopping only one soup is different from not chopping at all. wink
In my opinion(Religion aspect), premarital sex is also cheating. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 18, 2015
FrancisTony:

In my opinion(Religion aspect), premarital sex is also cheating. lipsrsealed

Cheating on who? God? Maybe. . .

I do think this topic is about cheating on one's partner though.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by 5minsmadness: 9:54am On Jun 18, 2015
cococandy:

Mmm interesting.
What about the men who belong to the 'all men cheat' crew? They are the ones I find more interesting because you can't be bandying such phrases around and expect the ladies not to believe that all men don't cheat.
Last I checked many guys on this forum belong to that sect (even you. Don't make me go looking for posts pls). I even surprisingly find myself sometimes defending the male folk while they are busy tearing their own image down by endorsing all shades of cheating and making excuses for guys who cheat.

So what have you to say for yourself? Does having such opinions speak volumes about the guys' own relationship patterns?

Hehehe.
This my moniker seems to be getting me in trouble these days, or I'm being mysteriously associated with someone else.

I have NEVER been an advocate of "all men cheat". I have never held that notion. You must be mistaking me with someone else.

For those guys who propagate the tale that All men cheat it's pretty obvious what thier motive is. They say this to give them a kind of 'hall pass' on cheating. They use it to shirk responsibility and self control for thier actions. It's true that the male libido is much higher than the female bit that doesn't mean the men don't have control over it. We battle with sexual temptations from the day we hit puberty till the day we croak. (One more reason why I feel men are more superior to women which is what you should be attacking me for grin).

So. No. Not all men cheat. The phrase is false.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by cococandy(f): 9:57am On Jun 18, 2015
Lol. Let me believe my eyes saw wrong.

Ok.

Women don't battle with sexual temptations? Laughable. How would you know since you're not a woman? Never mind. I don't want to take the thread a different place.

5minsmadness:

Hehehe.
This my moniker seems to be getting me in trouble these days, or I'm being mysteriously associated with someone else.

I have NEVER been an advocate of "all men cheat". I have never held that notion. You must be mistaking me with someone else.

For those guys who propagate the tale that All men cheat it's pretty obvious what thier motive is. They say this to give them a kind of 'hall pass' on cheating. They use it to shirk responsibility and self control for thier actions. It's true that the male libido is much higher than the female bit that doesn't mean the men don't have control over it. We battle with sexual temptations from the day we hit puberty till the day we croak. (One more reason why I feel men are more superior to women which is what you should be attacking me for grin).

So. No. Not all men cheat. The phrase is false.

5 Likes

Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by 5minsmadness: 10:17am On Jun 18, 2015
cococandy:
Lol. Let me believe my eyes saw wrong.

Ok.

Women don't battle with sexual temptations? Laughable. How would you know since you're not a woman? Never mind. I don't want to take the thread a different place.

Oh don't worry. There is a scientific explanation for it.

Testosterone.

There was an experiment done on a lady who was injected increasing amounts of testosterone daily to meet the biological levels of those in the average male. The woman was asked to report on physical and emotional changes. The experiment was never completed. The woman complained of a lot of things but of importance here was her outlook on sex. She was perpetually h0rny. She saw sex in everything she looked at: clothed and unclothed males, clothed and unclothed females, pictures of males and females, even voices turned her on. She began having sensual dreams and reduced quality of sleep. She got wet at the slightest provocation from shaking hands with a handsome guy to riding a rickety bus. She pleaded for the experiment to be stopped.

When I go on my laptop later this evening I'll dig it up.

You girls have NO IDEA what guys go through sexually even when it's glaringly obvious from everyday events. However for political correctness we have to agree that men and women are exactly the same so as not to hurt anyone's feelings.

This however doesn't mean all men cheat. A lot of men have very good self control as a matter of fact. Hence my annoyance yesterday when some folk said it is 'widespread' that men rape thier wives becaue they think men are walking d1cks that have no self control.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by Pineapp: 10:45am On Jun 18, 2015
Move with men of nobility and integrity and you will learn that you are what you attract.

The people who say "all men cheat", know the category of people they move with..

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Some Men Don't Cheat by tmosco(m): 10:56am On Jun 18, 2015
Mine is the fear of God. If not I will be doing open relationship.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Explains The Horrible Way He Found Out His Wife Was Cheating!!! / The Kind Of Husband I Have / Simple Sitting Room Arrangement For Your Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.