Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help (38696 Views)

"2 Years Ago I Started My Business With N30K But Now.."Nigerian Man Reveals.PICS / See How A Student Can Earn Money Without Affecting His Studies!!! / Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounter In 2016. - I Take A Bow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by numericalguy(m): 3:25pm On Jun 22, 2015
Caseless:
I didn't disagree with you one bit.

I didn't support her being lazy. All I was doing there was to respond to a question on how to treat those fasting in this holy month. I think people misunderstood me.

I don't think the lady is a lazy person. The OP cunningly refused to state the time she made that statement wich is the most important factor in the case. Its past her closing time, why hasn't she closed from work? If the OP closed from his own work place between 5:00pm-5:30pm, and it took him about 30minutes to drive to his shop. In other words, what he's complaining happened around 6:00pm and he was still expecting her to be working vigorously. My question to the slave driver OP was that, what time does his employees close from work? 8-9pm?

Her duties are as follows
1) She does the job of a receptionist
2) She assist the other man in removing stubborn stains
3) She does the job of a delivery-man
This lady does the job of three people and yet the OP got angry she wasn't washing clothes anymore around 6pm when she should have closed. Yet he couldn't even let her close on time despite she said she was fasting
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by nedu2000(m): 3:47pm On Jun 22, 2015
numericalguy:

You have a shop with just two employees and you are feeling like a lord. I wonder what gave you the imipression that her destiny is your hands. Shebi you have decided to fire her, go ahead and fire her and see how God will bless her with a better paying job in a better working environment. Dangote did not start his own company until the sons of Dantata kicked him out of their fathers company, now he can buy the Dantatas over and ever.
I do wish her the best ,if she had shown diligence at work prior to fasting I would've understood but she's made it a habit,I must add that we've reached a compromise and that she closes by 3pm after a trully effective day(not overworked). Its her body language that's all wrong it's the problem.....Abeg I no be big man oh,na be just yesterday I start haba!
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Creamish(f): 8:06am On Jun 24, 2015
davidylan:

This should qualify as the dumbest post i have ever read here... why should the employer care about your personal religious obligation? And we wonder why Africa is such a hellhole... try using fasting as an excuse not to perform in an average US company and you'd be on the unemployment line within the hour.

Hey.. wink

@OP... If her reason for being lazy is cos shez fasting, let her go on a "fast" leave without pay. Employ someone else to do the job. When she resumes after the fast and U still feel U need her services, retain her, otherwise, lay her off. So many ppl fast and work in busier organizations so her excuse is just B.S. U need to justify the reason why u started the biz. Don't ever allow urself be emotionally attached to ur staff.

smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Prince Olisa, Arthur Eze’s Son Dedicates First Son (Photos) / The Bricklayer’s Explanation To Oil Price Fall, Naira Devaluation & Everything / Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.