Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date (8015 Views)

When Will Nigerian Girls Start Looking Like This ?(photo) / When Will Nigeran Ladies Start Looking Like This / When Will Nigerian Men Start Looking Like This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by SMGS(m): 3:40pm On Jun 19, 2015
I have seen the thread on 'Nigerian men and the come to my house syndrome'. But I want to ask, when will Nigerian ladies start going dutch on a date? Because they seem to have noticed the foreign date system, without noticing everything about it.

Have they taken what they like and left us to a guess?
Nobody is trying to get into your pants by inviting you to their house, but will you be willing to go dutch with us on a date?
And please don't even tell me about being a man by paying the bills, or stinginess or being broke because its none of the above.

My question is: WILL YOU GO DUTCH WITH US ON A DATE? Let's copy the west to the full.

The floor is open ladies...

1 Like

Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by naijaboiy: 3:43pm On Jun 19, 2015
When a coçk starts to lay eggs undecided

2 Likes

Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by AirstarKane(f): 3:44pm On Jun 19, 2015
What's the meaning of "Dutch"? Is it your own slang?
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by CountDracula(m): 3:44pm On Jun 19, 2015
When they travel to neitherland and come back undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by Basildvalour(m): 3:44pm On Jun 19, 2015
Some do but really, its not our tradition. It is a tradition thing common to a specific kind of people and adopted by others and that is why it is called DUTCH though few people try to do it.

We believe the guy, according to our tradition should clear the bill. HE IS THE MAN they'll say.
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by sexymoma(f): 3:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
e jo kini meaning "Dus on a dati"

1 Like

Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by vizkiz: 3:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
believe me op, they'v gat no idea what they are typing about on that other thread...

I bet some biitches will soon come here to defend themselves like the coconut head above me...just chill a lil more of them dey come undecided

1 Like

Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by DollyParton1(f): 4:02pm On Jun 19, 2015
Not every male wants a lady to go dutch or whatever u call it.
And some lady will share the bills or even pay for everything.
The thing is when u invite a girl out on a date, be ready to foot the bills.
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 19, 2015
naijaboiy:
When a coçk starts to lay eggs undecided

1 Like

Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 19, 2015
vizkiz:
believe me op, they'v gat no idea what they are typing about on that other thread...

I bet some biitches will soon come here to defend themselves like the coconut head above me...just chill a lil more of them dey come undecided

Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by naijaboiy: 4:07pm On Jun 19, 2015
DollyParton1:
Not every male wants a lady to go dutch or whatever u call it.
And some lady will share the bills or even pay for everything.
The thing is when u invite a girl out on a date, be ready to foot the bills.
Why?
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by DollyParton1(f): 4:09pm On Jun 19, 2015
naijaboiy:

Why?
Because thats how it should be. When I invite you out on a date, I should foot the bill except if u object.
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
AirstarKane:

Adverb. to "go dutch" on a date or dinner means that you and your date split the expense, or each pay for your own ticket, etc. this is a more modern way to date, as opposed to the more traditional "man pays for you" approach
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by chigoizie7(m): 4:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
Never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All those "obiageli"

1 Like

Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by naijaboiy: 4:17pm On Jun 19, 2015
DollyParton1:

Because thats how it should be. When I invite you out on a date, I should foot the bill except if u object.
Which rule says that I must foot the bills if I invite you on a date?

What happened to paying for yours? undecided

1 Like

Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by DollyParton1(f): 4:23pm On Jun 19, 2015
naijaboiy:

Thats common sense. He or she was on their own jejely, u approached them and asked to take them to lunch/dinner. What if they don't have money at that point?
I think if you want them to split the bills with you, you should let them know beforehand.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 19, 2015
Mmmmn............ There is nothing wrong in splitting the bills or even paying all as a lady, but Nigeria guys are so proud that they won't allow the lady to do that, They think that it's their responsibility as a man to always foot the bills, So I don't know the reason why Guys are complaining now undecided

Shebi you guys "ARE THE MAN", so take the full responsibility of it and stop complaining. wink

#TEAM SCENT

5 Likes

Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by Etetejake(m): 4:35pm On Jun 19, 2015
Basildvalour:
Some do but really, its not our tradition. It is a tradition thing common to a specific kind of people and adopted by others and that is why it is called DUTCH though few people try to do it.

We believe the guy, according to our tradition should clear the bill. HE IS THE MAN they'll say.

Yeah! blv the man clears the bill is not our tradition. but they will copy every other thing without blving its not our tradition. Men wake up. let us also copy things that will favour men.

1 Like

Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by Feranchek(m): 4:43pm On Jun 19, 2015
AirstarKane:

Sharing the bill equally

I think it's not such a bad idea. Some say the men are egoistic and won't allow a lady pay a dime.... iffa hia!!! Why not try this with a guy (your bf or not)

Waiter: sire your bill is 7k
Dude: ok. No problem (opens wallet)
Chic: uhm. .. how bout I pay 3k of the bill. I really enjoyed the meal and the environment. And I also enjoyed the date cool

Now the dude can either be like... "ok. Thanks. I'm really surprised and impressed!" Or. "Nah... don't worry bout it. I'll handle it cool

Your gesture alone has really made him see you as a matured lady and believe me, it'll be REALLY HARD for him to just ask you for sex cos he knows you're a gurl that knows your onions

6 Likes

Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by iswearinowell(m): 5:00pm On Jun 19, 2015
abeg wetin be dutch?? buh if its wat am thinking, then it'll only happen after RAPTURE
*modified*
so DUTCH is truly wat i was thinking? Op u sef ehn!! U speak of d ''undoable''

#FROST
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 19, 2015
If I invite a girl on a date, I will pay all the bills.
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by naijaboiy: 7:59pm On Jun 19, 2015
DollyParton1:

Thats common sense. He or she was on their own jejely, u approached them and asked to take them to lunch/dinner. What if they don't have money at that point?
I think if you want them to split the bills with you, you should let them know beforehand.
Now you are making the fact that you agreed to go on a date with a guy like it's a favour of some sort.

I thought you agree to go out on a date with a guy because you probably like him or you are also interested in wanting to know more about him too.

So why should everything be on his head because he's the one who asked you out.

How many times have you,,as a woman told a guy "let's talk over lunch"?

You already feel it's a guy's duty and therefore you summed it up with this mentality.

@your last sentence. If I tell a nigerian girl that we are both going to share the bills on our date,,how many of them,,including you will like to go out on a second date with that guy?

Please be sincere to yourself.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by ronald4lif(m): 8:19pm On Jun 19, 2015
naijaboiy:

Now you are making the fact that you agreed to go on a date with a guy like it's a favour of some sort.

I thought you agree to go out on a date with a guy because you probably like him or you are also interested in wanting to know more about him too.

You already feel it's a guy's duty and therefore you summed it up with this mentality.

@your last sentence. If I tell a nigerian girl that we are both going to share the bills on our date,,how many of them,,including you will like to go out on a second date with that guy?

Gbammest comment. Don't mind those flimsy excuse of these girls as reason for not splitting the bills with a man on a first date. This parasitic mentality of our girls should stop. That a man invited you for a date doesn't mean he has to pick the bills alone. When we're out on a date we foot the bills not because it's right but because it has become a tradition.

In some parts of the world a man won't even dare pay for a woman's meals on a date. The woman will tell you straight up that's embarrassing and demeaning and you shouldn't dare next time. You needed to see the thread the OP is talking about and the traffic it generated. The NL ladies were all there having a feast and gallivanting about how visiting a guys place it's wrong and that a date should be at a public place. And yet they are dismissing splitting of bills and shifting the responsibility to the man.

I join the OP in asking, why does these ladies reject the supposedly Western custom of meeting a guy in a public place but ignore the fact that in same Western society it's a culture for everyone to pay for their refreshment and consumables?.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by naijaboiy: 8:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
ronald4lif:

Gbammest comment. Don't mind those flimsy excuse of these girls as reason for not splitting the bills with a man on a first date. This parasitic mentality of our girls should stop. That a man invited you for a date doesn't mean he has to pick the bills alone. When we're out on a date we foot the bills not because it's right but because it has become a tradition.

In some parts of the world a man won't even dare pay for a woman's meals on a date. The woman will tell you straight up that's embarrassing and demeaning and you shouldn't dare next time. You needed to see the thread the OP is talking about and the traffic it generated. The NL ladies were all there having a feast and gallivanting about how visiting a guys place it's wrong and that a date should be at a public place. And yet they are dismissing splitting of bills and shifting the responsibility to the man.

I join the OP in asking, why does these ladies reject the supposedly Western custom of meeting a guy in a public place but ignore the fact that in same Western society it's a culture for everyone to pay for their refreshment and consumables?.
Bro,,i saw that thread and I unfollowed it out of anger after reading through a few pages.

The ladies there were just ranting unrealistic droppings.

Honestly if I had decided to pick an argument with one of them it may turn dirty. That topic was too sensitive for my liking.

Guys like cooogar and timbuktoou really did justice to the topic and they spoke my mind.

That thread has really caused a stir in the romance and family section today and it will last for a while cheesy
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by angieberry(f): 9:03pm On Jun 19, 2015
This kind of thread though.
So, why is paying for bills on a date such a big issue? It takes two to go on a date and it depends on the agreement between the couple on how the bill is settled.
I've read all the comments and I've concluded that most guys think that Nigerian girls are nothing but greedy, blood sucking leeches,which is untrue. I guess it depends on the type of girls you meet.
Now, in this part of the world, it is our mentality that it is the guy who takes care of the girl, it's the guys that takes the girl out and pays for whatever she takes. If you as a guy have a problem with that, it won't do you any harm to tell the girl that she will foot her own bills. You can imagine how rude that will sound. So you cannot compare Nigeria to 'other parts of the world'.
I'm not saying it's wrong to expect a girl to play dutch or whatever you called it, its just that it's a concept that's is not really popular among the ladies.

1 Like

Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by DollyParton1(f): 9:25pm On Jun 19, 2015
naijaboiy:

Did u read my post thoroughly? Did you notice I referred to both gender? Whether you are male or female, if you invite anyone out to lunch or whatever, you should be ready to foot the bills. If you can't foot the bills exclusively, let him/her know before hand.

I have gone out with couple of guys who had to caution me to keep my wallet anytime am with a guy, that a lady shouldn't pay for anything in the presence of a guy. One even went ahead to say its an insult on his person. I am the type of person that will bring out my wallet when the bill is presented, its left to the guy if he wants to share the bills with me or not. And if I am broke, I would let the guy know before hand.

And if a girl refuse to go on a second date because you asked her to split the bill with u, you should be happy. It just goes to show she is after your money. Or aren't u guys always complaining about girls trying to dig your golds.
If I see what I like in a guy, except the splitting bills side, I will still go on second and even third date with him. Onky if his reason for splitting the bills with me doesn't sit well with me, would I refuse to go on more dates with him.

1 Like

Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 19, 2015
naijaboiy:

aren"t u ashamed ?
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by angieberry(f): 9:28pm On Jun 19, 2015
Well said
DollyParton1:

Did u read my post thoroughly? Did you notice I referred to both gender? Whether you are male or female, if you invite anyone out to lunch or whatever, you should be ready to foot the bills. If you can't foot the bills exclusively, let him/her know before hand.

I have gone out with couple of guys who had to caution me to keep my wallet anytime am with a guy, that a lady shouldn't pay for anything in the presence of a guy. One even went ahead to say its an insult on his person. I am the type of person that will bring out my wallet when the bill is presented, its left to the guy if he wants to share the bills with me or not. And if I am broke, I would let the guy know before hand.

And if a girl refuse to go on a second date because you asked her to split the bill with u, you should be happy. It just goes to show she is after your money. Or aren't u guys always complaining about girls trying to dig your golds.
If I see what I like in a guy, except the splitting bills side, I will still go on second and even third date with him. Onky if his reason for splitting the bills with me doesn't sit well with me, would I refuse to go on more dates with him.
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by naijaboiy: 9:33pm On Jun 19, 2015
Jollyjoy:
aren"t u ashamed ?
Ashamed of what?

Oh! You are one of them girls with that crappy mentality right?

Mtchew! undecided
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 19, 2015
naijaboiy:
Ashamed of what?
Mtchew! undecided
grin grin grin
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 19, 2015
naijaboiy:

Ashamed of what?

Mtchew! undecided
like seriously? U asked a gal out and u sure expected her to pay her bills? Infact u are nt serious! So why hammering "it a man's world" mtheeew uhu? Common bill o.

1 Like

Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by naijaboiy: 9:39pm On Jun 19, 2015
DollyParton1:

Well i've read your previous post thoroughly and I didn't see where you referred to both genders so concluded you were talking about the male folks only.

And besides in this part of the world it's generally the male folks who ask a girl out on dates.

As for your other points,,they are well stated and that was what I was trying to prove too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Price Of Sex! See What Happened Between A Woman And Her Boss! Photos & Video / What's The Sweetest Thing A Guy Eva Said 2u? / Happy Birthday Prettythickme!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.