Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,368 members, 7,836,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date (8041 Views)

When Will Nigerian Girls Start Looking Like This ?(photo) / When Will Nigeran Ladies Start Looking Like This / When Will Nigerian Men Start Looking Like This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by guardian09(m): 10:39am On Jun 20, 2015
Me think it all boils down to exposure...as much as dating or going out between the sexes is a mutual agreement it will be expected that everything be spilt equally bills inclusive which is obtainable in the Western world, but this is unobtainable due to the following facts

1. A great percentage of Nigerian men see it as being less of a man if a lady picks up part or pays up the bill for a date. This is stemmed from the fact that in the typical African culture a male is seen as the provider for his family or the society which he exists. This makes it less likely for a lady to consider helping out in footing the bill to a date. This can be seen from the example given earlier by Whizqueen(I used to belong to this part of the spectrum until some years ago, that is believing it is wrong for a lady to help out at all).

2. Following the above stated fact a great percentage of ladies will see a lot wrong with footing the bill to a date therefore leave all to the menfolk which has sadly encouraged some ladies to be greedy sometimes asking for as much as 5 plates of food to take back home or come with her female friends when she did not tell the guy she will be coming with a friend/friends and the lady will not help foot the bill for the outing which clearly is wrong.

3.To prevent the above scenario playing out where a guy is considering not to spend too much on a date, he opts for asking the lady to his place for a date which he considers cheaper as he can at least be in control of what the lady orders or how much he spends. Sadly this can also be misconstrued by the lady that probably the guy wants sex after(which I wont blame her for as most guys this is what they want in actual fact).

To resolve this a first date in an open place eg Park,Zoo etc should suffice as I believe expenses will be kept low,with both sexes picking the bill if they so agree to that. This will offer an opportunity for both sexes to get to know more about themselves rather than worry about who pays for what or its too expensive or does he want sex by inviting me to his place etc.

My 2 Kobo
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by ronald4lif(m): 10:43am On Jun 20, 2015
DollyParton1:

Wetin una dey talk sef. You dont appreciate ladies footing the bills but u still complain that they don't split bills with you.

They mustn't pay, they can make an attempt to pay and it would be appreciated. At least that will give us the feeling that all financial burdens will not be placed on our shoulder and can be detrimental in our decision making process of taking the relationship further. A lot of men would appreciate a woman who goes out of her way to spend on them, no matter how little. Just that it should be done discreetly.

Some men takes delight in cooking and participating in house chores, we know women admires such men. So why won't they think men will also find it commendable for a woman to pay for their dinner?.

2 Likes

Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 20, 2015
Never. cheesy
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by DollyParton1(f): 11:53am On Jun 20, 2015
ronald4lif:

They mustn't pay, they can make an attempt to pay and it would be appreciated. At least that will give us the feeling that all financial burdens will not be placed on our shoulder and can be detrimental in our decision making process of taking relationship further. A lot of men would appreciate a woman who goes out of her way to spend on them, no matter how little. Just that it should be done discreetly

You might wanna lecture ur fellow male folks to appreciate a woman that tries to or even foot the bills, instead of discouraging them.
If a lady was "lectured" about three times by different men on why she shouldn't pay the bills of a man or make an attempt, u think she would wanna try it the fourth time?

Some men takes delight in cooking and participating in house chores, we know women admires such men. So why won't they think men will also find it commendable for a woman to pay for their dinner?
that is why women commend and admire men that support them in house chores. It makes the man wanna do more. Men should take a cue from that.
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by suzzy16(f): 12:08pm On Jun 20, 2015
DollyParton1:
Not every male wants a lady to go dutch or whatever u call it.
And some lady will share the bills or even pay for everything.
The thing is when u invite a girl out on a date, be ready to foot the bills.
exactly
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by suzzy16(f): 12:36pm On Jun 20, 2015
iswearinowell:
abeg wetin be dutch?? buh if its wat am thinking, then it'll only happen after RAPTURE

#FROST
lol
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by suzzy16(f): 12:37pm On Jun 20, 2015
Teempakguy:
If I invite a girl on a date, I will pay all the bills.
good guy
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by repogirl(f): 12:48pm On Jun 20, 2015
Another cheapskates thread tongue mtchewwwwwwwww!
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by butanep(m): 12:48pm On Jun 20, 2015
DollyParton1:

I told you I would conveniently buy you ten times and conveniently throw in some tips.

When u get a good source of income, u can come back and talk. But for now, you are way below my level with the peanut you earn from your teaching gig.

you mean teaching... you must be really high in some kind of local herbs...

I will tell you more about me so you know I don't have a low life like you. You can't even afford the fuel i use in running my car let alone my shoes.
If it may interest you, I am a sound engineering geologist to an oil firm in delta state. I can upgrade your life if you want.

Broke ass girls showing themselves everywhere. Don't worry, you will join the classy and independent ladies league on day. Just that it will take you a very long time.
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by suzzy16(f): 12:53pm On Jun 20, 2015
Jollyjoy:
aren"t u ashamed ?
lol
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by suzzy16(f): 12:55pm On Jun 20, 2015
Jollyjoy:
like seriously? U asked a gal out and u sure expected her to pay her bills? Infact u are nt serious! So why hammering "it a man's world" mtheeew uhu? Common bill o.
gbam
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by DollyParton1(f): 1:02pm On Jun 20, 2015
butanep:
you mean teaching... you must be really high in some kind of local herbs...

I will tell you more about me so you know I don't have a low life like you. You can't even afford the fuel i use in running my car let alone my shoes.
If it may interest you, I am a sound engineering geologist to an oil firm in delta state. I can upgrade your life if you want.

Broke ass girls showing themselves everywhere. Don't worry, you will join the classy and independent ladies league on day. Just that it will take you a very long time.
lol...says someone clamouring for marking this year WAEC. Suddenly u don't live in Kwara state anymore. Now u gonna say u done your service year too? The voices in your head must be using megaphones. You should treat your schizophrenia.
Nigga stay calling someone a liar, while he is the father all of lies. Sit down tool.
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by suzzy16(f): 1:11pm On Jun 20, 2015
AgapeCharis:
I beg to differ miss. An average Nigerian girl has leeching and gold-digging tendencies. Some leech consciously as in intentionally milking a guy's pocket while the others just see it that it's a guy's responsibility to foot her bills.
smh at dis post,nt all Abeg
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by suzzy16(f): 1:13pm On Jun 20, 2015
angieberry:
I'm an average Nigerian girl. I don't have those tendencies.
Again, the wrong girls.
thank u,and me too o,I dnt knw why they keep generalizing sha

1 Like

Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by suzzy16(f): 1:16pm On Jun 20, 2015
tpiadotcom:
why are two guys talking to each other in coloured cursive font?

three guys, if you count italics.

u also sabi dat,imagine
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by suzzy16(f): 1:22pm On Jun 20, 2015
guardian09:
Me think it all boils down to exposure...as much as dating or going out between the sexes is a mutual agreement it will be expected that everything be spilt equally bills inclusive which is obtainable in the Western world, but this is unobtainable due to the following facts

1. A great percentage of Nigerian men see it as being less of a man if a lady picks up part or pays up the bill for a date. This is stemmed from the fact that in the typical African culture a male is seen as the provider for his family or the society which he exists. This makes it less likely for a lady to consider helping out in footing the bill to a date. This can be seen from the example given earlier by Whizqueen(I used to belong to this part of the spectrum until some years ago, that is believing it is wrong for a lady to help out at all).

2. Following the above stated fact a great percentage of ladies will see a lot wrong with footing the bill to a date therefore leave all to the menfolk which has sadly encouraged some ladies to be greedy sometimes asking for as much as 5 plates of food to take back home or come with her female friends when she did not tell the guy she will be coming with a friend/friends and the lady will not help foot the bill for the outing which clearly is wrong.

3.To prevent the above scenario playing out where a guy is considering not to spend too much on a date, he opts for asking the lady to his place for a date which he considers cheaper as he can at least be in control of what the lady orders or how much he spends. Sadly this can also be misconstrued by the lady that probably the guy wants sex after(which I wont blame her for as most guys this is what they want in actual fact).

To resolve this a first date in an open place eg Park,Zoo etc should suffice as I believe expenses will be kept low,with both sexes picking the bill if they so agree to that. This will offer an opportunity for both sexes to get to know more about themselves rather than worry about who pays for what or its too expensive or does he want sex by inviting me to his place etc.

My 2 Kobo

I agree vry well with ur number 3
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by segedoo(m): 1:30pm On Jun 20, 2015
DollyParton1:

Nigeria doesn't have enough facilities to support those types of date. Not all states has zoos or all those stuffs. There is even little or no awareness regarding such places even if they exist.

I have gone to a park on a first date with a guy before. I really enjoyed that. If you give me an option between a restaurant and some places of nature, I will choose the latter. I prefer to sit or stand and jist. But I doubt if I wanna go to a naija zoo on a date.

I disagree partly.

Are u in Lagos? There some cool places here:
The Lekki conservation centre, Muri Okunola park, several beaches, Nike art gallery and many others, some resorts like LaCampaigne tropicana - a lil pricey, Takwa bay - even
Jhalobia gardens on the mainland etc

There're also some good zoos and game reserves outside Lagos

All it takes is a little probing smiley
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by cowgirl9090: 1:33pm On Jun 20, 2015
AirstarKane:
What's the meaning of "Dutch"? Is it your own slang?

it's not slang. check out the meaning here www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dutch
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by butanep(m): 1:55pm On Jun 20, 2015
DollyParton1:

lol...says someone clamouring for marking this year WAEC. Suddenly u don't live in Kwara state anymore. the voices in your head must be using megaphones. You should treat your schizophrenia.
Nigga stay calling someone a liar, while he is the father of lies. Sit down tool.
I pity you oooo... am in kwara state for a task if it may interest you. I have been on a special assignment for 3weeks now. I have been marking waec since my time as a corp member, so don't kill yourself about it. I derived pleasure In it so that has nothing to do with you. I don't know the venue here that why I asked but since I just have few days remaining here, I decided to forget about it.
Do you know the Asa river dam in kwara state, I know you won't know it. I am part of the team send to evaluate the shear strength of the dam and see if an additional MW power can be obtained from it.

I am a working class hustling guy, I am not like your kind, sitting at home depending on your parents or one boy to pay for your bills.

Why can't you accept you are a broke ass lady. There is nothing bad about it. It's not new among some ladies like you. When we see a broke ass lady, we know from a very far distance.
Or do you need recharge card for MB?
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by deuce7(m): 2:56pm On Jun 20, 2015
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by DollyParton1(f): 3:47pm On Jun 20, 2015
butanep:
I pity you oooo... am in kwara state for a task if it may interest you. I have been on a special assignment for 3weeks now. I have been marking waec since my time as a corp member, so don't kill yourself about it. I derived pleasure In it so that has nothing to do with you. I don't know the venue here that why I asked but since I just have few days remaining here, I decided to forget about it.
Do you know the Asa river dam in kwara state, I know you won't know it. I am part of the team send to evaluate the shear strength of the dam and see if an additional MW power can be obtained from it.

I am a working class hustling guy, I am not like your kind, sitting at home depending on your parents or one boy to pay for your bills.

Why can't you accept you are a broke ass lady. There is nothing bad about it. It's not new among some ladies like you. When we see a broke ass lady, we know from a very far distance.
Or do you need recharge card for MB?

Errmm u done with ur service year in Kwara state? I can see some porkies on your mouth. You might wanna clean that. Nigga please stop lying.

Do I need some recharge card? Lol!!! Keep your wretched coins man. You need it, or u gonna starve. Aint no fun treating Schizophrenia and starvation simultaneously.

Like I said, I will conveniently buy you ten times and throw in some coins.
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by DollyParton1(f): 3:55pm On Jun 20, 2015
segedoo:

I disagree partly.

Are u in Lagos? There some cool places here:
The Lekki conservation centre, Muri Okunola park, several beaches, Nike art gallery and many others, some resorts like LaCampaigne tropicana - a lil pricey, Takwa bay - even
Jhalobia gardens on the mainland etc

There're also some good zoos and game reserves outside Lagos

All it takes is a little probing smiley
Am in Lagos at the moment. Not based in naija per say. But then those places you mentioned, aren't they pricey.
I was referring to parks that are absolutely free, museums with close to nothing as entrance fees.

Dunno if I wanna visit a naija zoo. I am paranoid like that.
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by butanep(m): 4:20pm On Jun 20, 2015
DollyParton1:

Errmm u done with ur service year in Kwara state? I can see some porkies on your mouth. You might wanna clean that. Nigga please stop lying.

Do I need some recharge card? Lol!!! Keep your wretched coins man. You need it, or u gonna starve. Aint no fun treating Schizophrenia and starvation simultaneously.

Like I said, I will conveniently buy you ten times and throw in some coins.
Ohhh... I pity you.... you mean service.i laugh in french.

I said you must be high in some kind of local herbs.
I don't really need to reveal myself to a broke ass lady like you. You are trying to know me but the more you go the more you get confused.

I will respect certain people here that ask me to calm down because you don't worth it.

The fact still remain that you are a broke ass lady.
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by dharmie092: 4:22pm On Jun 20, 2015
naijaboiy:

Why?
because u invited her.
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by naijaboiy: 4:26pm On Jun 20, 2015
dharmie092:
because u invited her.
Lol..i'm done with this issue already. smiley
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by DollyParton1(f): 5:48pm On Jun 20, 2015
butanep:
Ohhh... I pity you.... you mean service.i laugh in french.

I said you must be high in some kind of local herbs.
I don't really need to reveal myself to a broke ass lady like you. You are trying to know me but the more you go the more you get confused.

I will respect certain people here that ask me to calm down because you don't worth it.

The fact still remain that you are a broke ass lady.

I don't need to know who you are, because to be frank, you are nothing. If you were something, I would see in your previous posts on nairaland.
You are just making noise about who and what you are not. Your fibs dont even allign.
Airhead stay saying I am this, I am that when he is not worth poo.

Nigga, I would buy you ten times and more. Now fvck off.
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by MrsChima(f): 6:31pm On Jun 20, 2015
ronald4lif:

Gbammest comment. Don't mind those flimsy excuse of these girls as reason for not splitting the bills with a man on a first date. This parasitic mentality of our girls should stop. That a man invited you for a date doesn't mean he has to pick the bills alone. When we're out on a date we foot the bills not because it's right but because it has become a tradition.

In some parts of the world a man won't even dare pay for a woman's meals on a date. The woman will tell you straight up that's embarrassing and demeaning and you shouldn't dare next time. You needed to see the thread the OP is talking about and the traffic it generated. The NL ladies were all there having a feast and gallivanting about how visiting a guys place it's wrong and that a date should be at a public place. And yet they are dismissing splitting of bills and shifting the responsibility to the man.

I join the OP in asking, why does these ladies reject the supposedly Western custom of meeting a guy in a public place but ignore the fact that in same Western society it's a culture for everyone to pay for their refreshment and consumables?.

I knew I would find you here. grin Why are you asking those who not live in the West to adhere to Western culture as you love to rant about?

I
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by ronald4lif(m): 6:44pm On Jun 20, 2015
MrsChima:

I knew I would find you here. grin Why are you asking those who not live in the West to adhere to Western culture as you love to rant about?

I

Hahaha @you knew you'd find me here. So you think you know the kinda thread that interest me right?. wink

Actually, I was only feeding the ladies a doze of their own medicine. There was a similar thread about the mentality of guys who always insist a girl should visit them at their homes and your ilks were there gambolling about kicking against it, citing Western society as their reason. That's why I'm equally making reference to the West. It's payback time.
cheesy
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by segedoo(m): 6:48pm On Jun 20, 2015
DollyParton1:

Am in Lagos at the moment. Not based in naija per say. But then those places you mentioned, aren't they pricey.
I was referring to parks that are absolutely free, museums with close to nothing as entrance fees.

Dunno if I wanna visit a naija zoo. I am paranoid like that.
Lol @ur paranoia. Ok forget Naija zoos.

where are u based?

The conservation center has a N1,000 gate fee. Nike art gallery is free to visit as well as the beaches but these are in Lekki
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 20, 2015
adeh39:
Mmmmn............ There is nothing wrong in splitting the bills or even paying all as a lady, but Nigeria guys are so proud that they won't allow the lady to do that, They think that it's their responsibility as a man to always foot the bills, So I don't know the reason why Guys are complaining now undecided

Shebi you guys "ARE THE MAN", so take the full responsibility of it and stop complaining. wink

#TEAM SCENT

Smile. Ur head correct!
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by MrsChima(f): 7:00pm On Jun 20, 2015
ronald4lif:

Hahaha @you knew you'd find me here. So you think you know the kinda thread that interest me right?. wink

Actually, I was only feeding the ladies a doze of their own medicine. There was a similar thread about the mentality of guys who always insist a girl should visit them at their homes and your ilks were there gambolling about kicking against it, citing Western society as their reason. That's why I'm equally making reference to the West. It's payback time.
cheesy

You have mist gotten me confused with yeye chicks..don't do that for future reference. I have no issue with women flying around the world for some dick and I wouldn't personally do that because that's stupid in my opinion but hey!

I was saying if the guy flies to see a girl that is on him..he did what he wanted to do and if he didn't want to fly then he wouldn't have. Simple.

As for the date port Iion..I won't ask a guy out unless I am treating and if I want to go dutch...I have girlfriends.
Re: When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 20, 2015
MrsChima:

You have mist gotten me confused with yeye chicks..don't do that for future reference. I have no issue with women flying around the world for some dick and I wouldn't personally do that because that's stupid in my opinion but hey!

I was saying if the guy flies to see a girl that is on him..he did what he wanted to do and if he didn't want to fly then he wouldn't have. Simple.

As for the date port Iion..I won't ask a guy out unless I am treating and if I want to go dutch...I have girlfriends.

Well put. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

...ladies, Which Digger Is Your Favourite ? / What This Man Did With This Lady Will Make Konji Catch You Quick / Has A Lady Ever Treated You Like This Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.