Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,074 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba (31431 Views)

Photos Of Ongoing Anambra Flyover Bridge / Pictures Of Ongoing Road Construction At Ochefu Road Aba / Photos Of Ongoing Road Construction At Azikiwe Street, Port Hacourt,Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by Ponponkon: 6:43pm On Jun 19, 2015
Wisdomkosi:
take it easy. You don't have to tell him to go and die. Let your words heal bro
He didn't read the note,I wonder how rehabitation of bad portion would attract one million tractors for him to grade the work. Moreover,is it stated anywhere that roads should not be fixed during rainy seasons
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 19, 2015
atlast good tin

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
The way you said rehabilitation while clamouring for refund, someone would think there was a gulley in between the road.

He should go to Port-harcourt Road, Ngwa road, Ariaria(A-line), those are the places that need immediate attention.
This same road has been patched by T.Orji in the past. I don't think this road has ever been a major problem in Aba.
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by hushmail: 6:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
still maintain that nothing good can come T.A.
What of d really bad roads Milverton, Eziukwu, Jubilee?
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by MaziOmenuko: 6:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
asha80:
sp in essence the same poor construction works I guess?I think say Na 'aba man'?

My sis, its too early to condemn but if this is what this dude has in stock for my state, then he is a joke!
No serious minded Governor will ignore Ngwa Road, Aba/Ph express, Ohanku Rd and other roads leading to commercial hubs of the city to go and start 'patching' federal roads.
Same stupid things TA did in the same rd, did substandard 'patch-patch' work and quoted billions of naira, expecting the FG to payback. Of course FG has a set construction standards which if you don't meet, their will not be any refund.

Now this guy is doing same thing: patching a federal rd which is the main work of Federal Road Maintenance Agency (FERMA).

No-idea construction company has been doing the Ubakala axis of Aba Rd in Umuahia for 6yrs now! The original name of the company is 'New Idea' Const. but it was nicknamed No-idea construction company when it was obvious they lacked ideas on how to fix rds.

And for the brain dead OP trying to insulting me; you need to upgrade your profile to a reputable standard b4 I can engage you. Right now, I can't be seen arguing with a kid.

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by Onyeoma3: 6:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
Nice one, I hope the road lasts though,but I doubt if that's a Federal road, it's a State Road and the sole responsibility of the State Govt.
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by Ponponkon: 6:47pm On Jun 19, 2015
asha80:
this guy you dey funny
Nwanne imana onweghi governor n'eme ihe Okezie na eme. He is doing Buhari's work
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by sunnydayasaba(m): 6:48pm On Jun 19, 2015
Where still waiting for the day Abia and Ebonyi will compete with the rest of the south east state like enugu, Imo and Anambra, But until then we will continue to say "Abia and Ebonyi disgracing the south east since 1999"
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by kayce911(f): 6:48pm On Jun 19, 2015
all hail our action governor

Alice oti leave the people's governor alone.

Come again by 2030 when ohafia man must have ruled.
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by kayce911(f): 6:51pm On Jun 19, 2015
sunnydayasaba:
Where still waiting for the day Abia and Ebonyi will compete with the rest of the south east state like enugu, Imo and Anambra, But until then we will continue to say "Abia and Ebonyi disgracing the south east since 1999"

Will you mind telling me ur state of origin

Aba even in its bad state is still the pride of south east.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by MaziOmenuko: 6:51pm On Jun 19, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
The way you said rehabilitation while clamouring for refund, someone would think there was a gulley in between the road.

He should go to Port-harcourt Road, Ngwa road, Ariaria(A-line), those are the places that need immediate attention.
This same road has been patched by T.Orji in the past. I don't think this road has ever been a major problem in Aba.

Thank you my sis. Some kid is here jumping up and down that a rd that is even very manageable is being patched by a Gov while the rot of the city is still unattended to.
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by ngooka: 6:54pm On Jun 19, 2015
No drainage make it bad. Let him consult enugu state government on how to build standard drainages
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by Ponponkon: 6:54pm On Jun 19, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

My sis, its too early to condemn but if this is what this dude has in stock for my state, then he is a joke!
No serious minded Governor will ignore Ngwa Road, Aba/Ph express, Ohanku Rd and other roads leading to commercial hubs of the city to go and start 'patching' federal roads.
Same stupid things TA did in the same rd, did substandard 'patch-patch' work and quoted billions of naira, expecting the FG to payback. Of course FG has a set construction standards which if you don't meet, their will not be any refund.

Now this guy is doing same thing: patching a federal rd which is the main work of Federal Road Maintenance Agency (FERMA).

No-idea construction company has been doing the Ubakala axis of Aba Rd in Umuahia for 6yrs now! The original name of the company is 'New Idea' Const. but it was nicknamed No-idea construction company when it was obvious they lacked ideas on how to fix rds.

And for the brain dead OP trying to insulting me; you need to upgrade your profile to a reputable standard b4 I can engage you. Right now, I can't be seen arguing with a kid.
fool, I guess Aba Owerri road doent lead to the main city in your dead brain. Ikpeazu is a magician that will just start fixing Ohanku road even when he has given you pigs 7 days to clean up you houses and shops before the equipments start moving in for the real domolishion and reconstruction
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by bebe2(f): 6:58pm On Jun 19, 2015
give it two years, it will be worse than it was

before the rehabilitation undecided undecided
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by MaziOmenuko: 7:00pm On Jun 19, 2015
jerflakes:

my brother, look at it from another angle.

With the incessant flooding in Nigeria, I believe the best time to construct roads is now, so that they will work on the drainage.

By the way, its Asphalt, the rain wouldnt affect construction.

Serious? Tell me you're joking!?!

Do you have any idea what construction entails? Do you know how many layers of sand, gravel, granite and stones are laid b4 the asphalt? Of course you're used to the No-idea const works that applies cosmetics on roads in the name of construction.

What I expect the governor to be doing now is identifying roads that will be part of the first phase of construction and award the contracts to 'Reputable' firms. Those firms can take time to do their feasibility studies and planning, including identifying culprits of drainage blockage and demolition; awaiting the end of the rains.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by peleson: 7:02pm On Jun 19, 2015
You all can believe what u want but if it is not Julius berger, abia state governor has not started

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 19, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

Thank you my sis. Some kid is here jumping up and down that a rd that is even very manageable is being patched by a Gov while the rot of the city is still unattended to.

don't mind them.
Abia State people can so nibble on mediocrity.
I wonder what it would cost them to say the truth and shame the devil.

There is what we call 'scale of preference and opportunity cost' in Economics; That is_ the most pressing wants/needs come first. Ranking our needs in order of importance.

Our wants in terms of road rehabilitation in Aba is much, it is therefore acerbating and bamboozling that a governor would forego Aba/Ph road, Faulks-Ariaria road, Ngwa road, ohanku road...etc, to repair Aba/Owerri Road.

When it's not tiger battery that's powering his brain. undecided
Very soon he will put every on hold, money for done finish. His Oga at the top didn't leave anything for him na.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by nellyalph: 7:03pm On Jun 19, 2015
This is aba-owerri rd.Infact na abia poly bus stop. The road no bad naaaa atlst its motorable. The guy should start with port Harcourt road and we will know he has started work plus packing the heaps of dirts there which will take abt two weeks grin
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by jerflakes(m): 7:04pm On Jun 19, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

Serious? Tell me you're joking!?!

Do you have any idea what construction entails? Do you know how many layers of sand, gravel, granite and stones are laid b4 the asphalt? Of course you're used to the No-idea const works that applies cosmetics on roads in the name of construction.

What I expect the governor to be doing now is identifying roads that will be part of the first phase of construction and award the contracts to 'Reputable' firms. Those firms can take time to do their feasibility studies and planning, including identifying culprits of drainage blockage and demolition; awaiting the end of the rains.

Thanks for the insight.

I hate flood.

Lagos has thought me a lesson.
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by abagoro(m): 7:07pm On Jun 19, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:
No drainage?

It has underground drainage which you can see them desilthing in one of the pictures.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by harry509: 7:09pm On Jun 19, 2015
Ponponkon:
The rehabilitation of the dilapidated portion of Aba-Owerri Road(a Federal road) by Abia State Government has commenced as promised by Governor Okezie Ikpeazu. Let's support this people-oriented government under the able leadership of Dr Okezie Ikpeazu.

I hope FG will refund Abia State Government in due time. Ikpeazu don they do Buhari work, #whereisBuhari?
9ice 1 there. So... Far make d road solid ooh.
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by MaziOmenuko: 7:09pm On Jun 19, 2015
nellyalph:
This is aba-owerri rd.Infact na abia poly bus stop. The road no bad naaaa atlst its motorable. The guy should start with port Harcourt road and we will know he has started work plus packing the heaps of dirts there which will take abt two weeks grin

My dear, that place is Abia Poly!!! As it is, asides drainage blockage, that axis of the road is among the best motorable roads at aba. Ironically, the axis of that road that leads directly to Imo state is so bad, yet they won't take their No idea construction company to that axis. They will come to Abia Poly and be posing for pix.

Pathetic fools!
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by abagoro(m): 7:10pm On Jun 19, 2015
This road was not even bad but I suspect he intends to repair the defaced walkways and maybe paint it and reinstall streetlights.
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by chesterlee(m): 7:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
Okezuo Abia!!!
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by Ponponkon: 7:17pm On Jun 19, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

don't mind them.
Abia State people can so nibble on mediocrity.
I wonder what it would cost them to say the truth and shame the devil.

There is what we call 'scale of preference and opportunity cost' in Economics; That is_ the most pressing wants/needs come first. Ranking our needs in order of importance.

Our wants in terms of road rehabilitation in Aba is much, it is therefore acerbating and bamboozling that a governor would forego Aba/Ph road, Faulks-Ariaria road, Ngwa road, ohanku road...etc, to repair Aba/Owerri Road.

When it's not tiger battery that's powering his brain. undecided
Very soon he will put every on hold, money for done finish. His Oga at the top didn't leave anything for him na.
Portharcourt road is a federal road. Can you fix all these other road without demolishing structures? If no,why not wait until the 7 days notice that was given to the owners of the illegal structures elapse?
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by MaziOmenuko: 7:17pm On Jun 19, 2015
abagoro:
This road was not even bad but I suspect he intends to repair the defaced walkways and maybe paint it and reinstall streetlights.

You forgot to add..."And put a big bill board displaying his smiling face with a bold inscription that says ABIA IS WORKING, PROMISES FUFILLED".

Same thing we saw in TA! This dude really learnt from his master, TA.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 19, 2015
Ponponkon:
Portharcourt road is a federal road. Can you fix all these other road without demolishing structures? If no,why not wait until the 7 days notice that was given to the owners of the illegal structures elapse?

I am fighting for my own well-being too. I don't have plans of leaving this town soon, I don't need any Governor that would opt for the lesser evil either, because in the longrun_ It falls back to the masses.

He should save the money. Aba/Owerri Road, I maintain, isn't a problem.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 19, 2015
"Rehabitation" ke
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by bonna4u(m): 7:29pm On Jun 19, 2015
Ponponkon:
fool, I guess Aba Owerri road doent lead to the main city in your dead brain. Ikpeazu is a magician that will just start fixing Ohanku road even when he has given you pigs 7 days to clean up you houses and shops before the equipments start moving in for the real domolishion and reconstruction
What are the modes waiting for before sending someone to the left?
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by HRich(m): 7:31pm On Jun 19, 2015
This are the kind of leaders we want. Not an ugly man owing 7months salary.
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by EmekaBlue(m): 7:34pm On Jun 19, 2015
smiley ThankGod Orji is out
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 19, 2015
Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba by Ponponkon.
Dr Ikpeazu Inspects Ndi-oji Road In Arochukwu by Ponponkon.
Governor Ikpeazu Flags Off Road Construction In Aba by Ponponkon.
Dr Okezie Ikpeazu Is The Man by Ponponkon.
Abia Governor Elect Receives Certificate Of Return From Inec by Ponponkon.

Time registered: April 25, 2015.

Time spent online: 2 days & 6 hours.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ifunanya, Orji Uzor Kalu's Wife's Birthday: Senators Celebrate With Them / Tinubu: Between Paris And London. / Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.