Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,946 members, 7,828,319 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall (34355 Views)

Buhari Sends Northern Governors To South-East On ‘Peace Mission’ / Abdulsalami Abubakar Off To A Peace Mission In Kaduna (Pics) / APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by tonychristopher: 10:49am On Jun 21, 2015
creamyzone:

My brother saraki is a full yoruba man. His father and mother are both yoruba's and gave all their four kids yoruba names. Bukola, gbemisola, laolu and bola. The mum is a christian and MFM member that's why they don't bare muslim names. Check gbemi's facebook page you will see like for MFM on her profile.

North central is just a Geo political zone created by babangida and that doesn't mean everybody from there are fulanis. Kwara state is made up over 50% yorubas just like there are yorubas in kogi state(senator smart adeyemi that dino maleye defeated is from kogi state and a full yoruba man). Just like there are igbos is part of delta and rivers state(south-south). Just like there are yorubas in some parts of edo state(south-south).

So my brother bukola saraki is a full yoruba man from the North central.
This is one of the reason why the APC leaders didn't want him because a yoruba man is already the Vice president. I think we should all accept him as the new senate president because he will lead without religious sentiments having a christian mother and wife. He is also far better than lawan the APC annointed candidate. Toyin saraki his wife is also a successful lawyer from a royal family and daugther of renowned billionaire otunba and erelu ojuolape ojora of the famour ojora family in lagos. I also like the fact that he chose an ibo man as his deputy. This shows that he is also not tribalistic and want to ensure unity and equity in the senate.

Tinubu and the bunch of APC leaders should take a chill pill and accept the situation for peace to reign. They only chose lawan because they can't control saraki. Nigeria will not divide and this current dispensation will bring prosperity for our great nation in jesus name(amen)...

Bros this is too long

SARAKI SAID IN A CLEAR TERMS THAT HE IS A FULANI THAT HIA FAMILY ORIGINATED FROM MALI

do you want me not to believe what an able bodied mansaid and agree with you...i Am just curicurious

Saraki said that himself and I will believe that maybe you tell me that rotimi amaechi is Yoruba also
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by morbeta(m): 10:51am On Jun 21, 2015
HiGod:

You are right bro. They tried to spite Yorubas in 60s by forming an alliance with the same Hausas / Fulanis but ended up in civil war in which their masters mercilessly dealt with them. What a Karma!!!!

As if that wasn't enough, still living and dying in their hatred towards the same people who accomodated them after the civil war and still feeding their entire region through their immigrant kinsmen in Odua Nation decided to form another silly alliance with the same Hausas/Fulanis Oligarchy in 70s so as to spite Yorubas in retaliation for our role in the civil war, but guess what, Igbos paidďďď again for their stupidity when Alex Ekwueme was locked up in prison.

I can see you wrting out of hunger and frustration. I can see a man whose house rent is due!! Swear that an igboman has not helped you before in ur measrable life. Go and get a life and leave Igbos alone.
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by jomoh: 11:00am On Jun 21, 2015
kokozain:
though this is good for the nation because there will be checked and balances on all form of governanace but it is backstabbing for the APC. We shall see where it will end.

You're right but in a country like our where the house of assembly people are all their to protect their personal interest, I think reverse will be the case. They will only be blocking any move that does not include their own favours. These people are hawks ready to feed on the entire nation.
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by ruffDiamond: 11:02am On Jun 21, 2015
I be been telling people and anyone who cares to listen those cannibals Southeast are not to be trusted for anything !anyone who does, does so at his or her own risk !it is long concluded they don't want NIGERIA they are only interested in 'what they can get out of it'!!hoping to invest it in their hopeless OJUIKU inspired Biafra pipe dreamland grin and would do anything ,thru anting one willing enough like that low life corruption ridden earth worm snitch JUDAS saraku,to undermine and weaken the presidency and seize power thank God that Jonathan desperation for re election , and the ensuing divisive polilitic ,polarising Nigerians along ethnic religious and regional line has finally reduced PD.PIGS TO NOTHING BUT AN IGBO PARTY!! the north knew better ,and Igbo presidency ,is guaranteed to spell doom for most populous black nation on earth !no where around the are really known for anything or positive except CRIMINALITY !THOSE BEAST ARE RAISED UP TO BELIEVE MONEY AND WEALTH,even gotten illegally ,IS EVERYTHING!!!!now bihari has finally woken up from slumber and to the danger and intrigues woven around him ,all planned to frustrated his government! He better drop all this 'I can work with one elected bul shit stance and act up fast!enemy are already at his gate and fire on his roof!the PD.PIGS I know would never give an inch let alone a yard to opposition to operate in angrylet obj open up to Mr president on the antic of desperados like atiku and rabiu ,those perennial losers are simply on a vendetta mission against tinubu, a man who worked tirelessly and selflessly for anything the party success at the poll what happened at NASS was a travesty and a coup with hallmark of Southeast handwork ala Kaduna nzeogwu of past memory. beware the ides of March Mr President

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by EmmyDe25(m): 11:05am On Jun 21, 2015
oluspencer:

We are not doing the Goodluck "AZIKWE" of 2011 we are talking of the Bukola who's a brother to Gbemisola. Will are talking about the son of Olusola who happen to be the husband of Toyin.
....And who once governed a state that is predominantly Yoruba but is under the North Central region. Question you should ask the perv saying Bukola is Fulani is; Does he speak any other language aside English and Yoruba? If he couldnt answer that then quit the argument.
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:08am On Jun 21, 2015
adadadon:

Majority of those who voted saraki are Igbos and the South south
PDP voted for Saraki their tribe does not matter even the yoruba and some northern PDP senators and few APC pro Saraki senators voted for him so guys should leave igbos out of this.
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by ruffDiamond: 11:14am On Jun 21, 2015
tonychristopher:

Bros this is too long

SARAKI SAID IN A CLEAR TERMS THAT HE IS A FULANI THAT HIA FAMILY ORIGINATED FROM MALI

do you want me not to believe what an able bodied mansaid and agree with you...i Am just curicurious

Saraki said that himself and I will believe that maybe you tell me that rotimi amaechi is Yoruba also
EXACTLY!ABSOLUTELY CORRECT !don't mind d mumu Ilorin man he thinks he's dealing wit slowpoke like him! those Ilorin people are very terrible mostly untrustworthy just like saraku
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by major466(m): 11:20am On Jun 21, 2015
bettercreature:
A man like saraki is a serious threat to democrazy he could betray NIgeria to achieve his aim,you need to see how sarakis have make ilorin their own property due to their over-ambitious zeal,they are selfish,arrogant,and could sacrifice anything to get hold of power
With the above description of Saraki as an ambitious brat who pocketed Ilorin as his personal property, how is he different from Tinubu
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by ruffDiamond: 11:21am On Jun 21, 2015
[quote author=shizzle11 post=34986787][/quote]mumu wetin be dis one ??u lost yr papa eeyah sorry o
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by shizzle11(m): 11:24am On Jun 21, 2015
ruffDiamond:
mumu wetin be dis one ??u lost yr papa eeyah sorry o
i am mourning your imminent death in advance
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by NewNigeriaMind: 11:40am On Jun 21, 2015
Johnrake69:

Maybe you need to go revisit the politics that played out in the 60's. If the igbos had an alliance with the Hausa's/Fulani's, how come it was same Ojukwu that released Awolowo from prison? Or your not aware of this fact?. The biggest mistake Ojukwu made was thinking he could form an alliance with Awolowo.

Please no lies....Ojukwu didn't release Awo from prison. Stop trying to change verifiable facts. Thanks
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by Johnrake69: 11:44am On Jun 21, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

Please no lies....Ojukwu didn't release Awo from prison. Stop trying to change verifiable facts. Thanks

So who released Awo from prison?
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by Luukasz(m): 11:44am On Jun 21, 2015
tonychristopher:

The nemesis of a Yoruba is igbo...
Now biittch know that saraki is Fulani so stop that
Yorubas are losers
Point of Correction Abubakar Bukola Saraki is a Yoruba Man of ilorin Just like the Yorubas of Benin...ilorin was formerly under the Yoruba Empire before the Fulanis took over & as for Benin,Benin is still under the Yorubas.If you dont know,BENIN is one of the SONS of ODUDUWA.
Dont just open your mouth & talk,talk with Facts.
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by NewNigeriaMind: 11:49am On Jun 21, 2015
Johnrake69:

That my friend is for you to research upon and find the truth...I personally don't have time for the tribal shit going on this forum. Just setting the records straight.

A simple search on this forum can help educate you, thr issue has been fully discussed.

Have a good day, but please stop stating lies as facts until you do a little research by yourself to verify them
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by Johnrake69: 11:49am On Jun 21, 2015
OROSUNBOLB:

Your attempt to stand truth on its head won't work! It was actually Gowon that released Awolowo from prison. I think you're the one that needs to consult a good book of history and get your fact right -Igbo did form political alliance with the Hausa/fulani in the first and second republic.

Really? Gowon released Awo from calabar prison. The same region controlled by Ojukwu. Please go back and check again. Ojukwu released Awo from prison with the understanding that Awo will announce the succession of the Yorubas, the same time Ojukwu will be making the same pronouncement for Biafra.

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by ruffDiamond: 11:50am On Jun 21, 2015
shizzle11:
i am mourning your imminent death in advance
grin see? U just confirmed you are the man crying .anyway back to SENDER ijn .backstabbing Ilorin man
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by Luukasz(m): 11:55am On Jun 21, 2015
Johnrake69:

[u
Johnrake69:

Yakubu Gowon released Chief Obafemi Awolowo from Prison.OJUKWU was the Premier of Western Nigeria then while GOWON was Nigeria's Head of State then,so who's OJUKWU to release Awolowo from Prison..AWOLOWO the Sage behind "Starvation As A Weapon Of War" that crippled OJUKWU & Crumbled Biafra

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by Nayok(m): 11:57am On Jun 21, 2015
Walahi, Saraki truely potrayed what they called kwarans (Ilorin mesu-jamba/ †нε compromised ones) ђє lobby with pdp's senators just because of his personal interest not nigeria's or his party's

3 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by Johnrake69: 11:58am On Jun 21, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

That my friend is for you to research upon and find the truth...I personally don't have time for the tribal shit going on this forum. Just setting the records straight.

A simple search on this forum can help educate you, thr issue has been fully discussed.

Have a good day, but please stop stating lies as facts until you do a little research by yourself to verify them

Bro if your not aware, Awo was held in calabar prison the region controlled by Ojukwu. The first political move ojukwu made was to release Awo with the understanding that Awo will announce the succession of the Yorubas same time Ojukwu will be making the pronouncement for Biafra. I don't get into the tribe shit cos I have lots of Yoruba in laws that I will give anything to ensure no harm comes to them. Its just history.
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by Amazo: 12:05pm On Jun 21, 2015
datribune:
APC SAK.
Saraki betrayed d whole change movement & d change mantra - APC SAK (APC frm top to bottom) by courting d discredited PDP who now hav d Deputy Senate Presidency.
I trust PMB, a General to hav d tact & wisdom to neutralize d traitor. d day of reckoning 4 dis EFCC suspect will surely come & it won't be long frm now.

EFCC This is not PDP, but APC we're dealing with here, an APC that as a political tree has ACN as its roots and the core of its brilliance and machinations. ACN I observed then was a clinical "warrior party" inclined to by any means necessary eliminate whatever obstacle that hinders the realization of its sociopolitical goals and objectives in the SW region. So then Dr. Saraki would really be fortunate if it's the EFCC sent to hound him, and not snipers, which might have been the case if APC were 100% ACN but it's not - herein lies the relief!

The probable way out of this mess for Saraki, and i'm pretty sure it's the viable offer his party has dumped on his table, is for him to get himself involved in some nasty scandal that would lead to his impeachment, then a new Senate president favored by the APC can re-emerge. But the problem is, this move is blocked by a PDP member being deputy senate president because if that were to happen PDP would win the senate Presidency. So Dr. Saraki and/or whoever advised the orchestration of the emergence of the senate president and deputy senate president were extremely calculatively brilliant! Seems like a political scheme hatched straight from hell and impressively executed. Now unless Saraki finds a way to get his deputy to partake of the possible scandal (highly unlikely the deputy would take the bait at this point), there's no way to get rid of the current senate leadership...unless by the underworld way, which might be the last resort, who knows!

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by NewNigeriaMind: 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2015
Johnrake69:

Bro if your not aware, Awo was held in calabar prison the region controlled by Ojukwu. The first political move ojukwu made was to release Awo with the understanding that Awo will announce the succession of the Yorubas same time Ojukwu will be making the pronouncement for Biafra. I don't get into the tribe shit cos I have lots of Yoruba in laws that I will give anything to ensure no harm comes to them. Its just history.

The biggest harm you can do to yourself is follow lies in the name of Propaganda and let that lie become your truth. Like I said before I told you the issue has been trashed here on NL and laid to rest.

Please read Awolowo resignation letter to Gowon:

June 3, 1971.

My dear Commander-in-Chief,

You will recall that in a statement made by me and published in the SUNDAY TIMES of March 30, 1969, I declared, among other things, as follows:

“Even at the federal level, I have no desire whatsoever, and I certainly cannot be tempted or induced to develop one, to head, or participate in an unelected or even an electoral-college elected civil administration in a military or any setting. At the moment, I am participating in the activities of the military government because I have been invited, and I also think it is right, so to do.
I am, therefore, obliged, morally and for the purpose of keeping Nigeria united, to take part, as fully as I can, in any measure designed, in particular, to keep the Ibos as a constituent ethnic unit in the federation of Nigeria, enjoying equal and identical status and benefits with other ethnic units, and in general, to preserve Nigeria as an economic and political entity.”

I should have, in accordance with this declaration, relinquished my present offices soon after the end of the civil war in January last year. But one main matter decided me against such an immediate course of action. As you know, before January 1970, the four-year development and reconstruction plan had been under active preparation, and it had been hoped that it would be launched early in the 1970/71 fiscal year. It was my strong desire to participate in the consideration of this plan. As it turned out, however, the plan was not actually considered until August 1970.

By that time, three other factors had supervened. First, the capital estimates for 1970/71 had been delayed until the launching of the four-year development plan, which did not take place until November last year. At this late stage, I decided that the capital estimates of 1970/71 should be incorporated into those of 1971/72.

Second, by November 1970, the time for the introduction of the 1971/72 budget was only some four months away.

Third, as from September 1970, our foreign exchange position had started to undergo an unusual rapid deterioration. It occurred to me, in all these circumstances:

-that it would be untidy for me to leave without completing the budget for 1970/71;
-that it would be hardly fair to my successor for me to leave at a time when preparations for the 1970/71 budget had actively begun under my direction, and;
-that it might be interpreted in some circles as an act of bad faith for me to leave at a time when our foreign exchange was in such a bad state, and no sensible formula had been found for arresting its deterioration.

Now with the peace and unity of our great country fully restored and firmly re-established; with the four-year development plan already considered and launched and the capital estimates for 1970/71 completed; with the 1971/72 budget done and a reasonable solution devised for our acute foreign exchange, I feel free to act in accordance with one of my fundamental beliefs, referred to in paragraph 1 above, and publicly declared on March 10, 1969-EIGHTEEN CLEAR MONTHS before the military government’s political programme was announced by you on October 1, 1970.

I would, therefore, like to notify you that, with effect from July 1, 1971, I am no longer willing to continue in the offices of federal commissioner for Finance and vice-president of the Federal Executive Council.

Supplementary to the forgoing, there is another important reason for my present action. After four truly (I hesitate to say exceedingly) exacting (though thoroughly stimulating and educative) years in the Federal Ministry of Finance which, throughout the period, was incessantly beset with fiscal and monetary problems of unprecedented dimensions, and of peculiarly complex and tantalizing nature, I deem it to be in the interest of my continued good health to have a complete change of full-time occupation.

As to my future plan, I have decided to go back to legal practice. I also want to seize the opportunity, which the military government’s six-year political programme provides, to write, if my professional engagement permit, three books which have always been very much on my mind.
The research connected with two of these books will take me to selected developing countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America, as well to ECA and OAU secretariats in Addis Ababa, the offices of some United Nations agencies in New York, and London University.

I would like to state that though, by this resignation, I am leaving your government and literary activities as mentioned above, it does not mean that I am completely relinquishing all public services to our country and people.

On the contrary, it is my resolve to continue, in all circumstances and until my life’s end, to see the best interests of our fatherland, and promote the welfare and happiness of our people, in every way possible.

In this connection, I would like to assure you that I shall always be willing, on a purely AD HOC basis and providing my professional commitments permit, to render, at your request and without any remuneration whatsoever, any particular service which is within my competence to give.

After my appointment in 1967, I submitted to you a STATEMENT OF AFFAIRS (i.e. OF MY ASSETS AND LIABILITIES) as at June30, 1967. In keeping with the code of conduct to which I subscribed, I am obliged to send you my statement of affairs as at June 30, 1971. It is, however, not possible to send the statement along with this letter. But my accountants are already working on it and as soon as it is finalized up to June 30, 1971, I shall forward it to you.

In closing, I would like, in all sincerity, to say two things:

Firstly, I have tremendously enjoyed working with you; and it is not without considerable reluctance, therefore, that I have to take this step.
Secondly, I will always remember with deep gratitude, your kindness to me in releasing me from prison, and in giving me, within a year of my release, an opportunity to serve our people of Nigeria once again in a ministerial capacity, and at a time when the very existence of our fatherland was in grave peril.

With best wishes to Victoria and your good self, and love to Ibrahim.

Yours very sincerely,
OBAFEMI AWOLOWO.

3 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by NewNigeriaMind: 12:08pm On Jun 21, 2015
Also for logical reasoning purposes, there is no way Ojukqu could have release Awo from prison when Gowon is the President, as at the time Ojukwu declared Biafra, Awolow had already been released from Prison by Gowon.

Thanks
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by Johnrake69: 12:09pm On Jun 21, 2015
Luukasz:
[u Yakubu Gowon released Chief Obafemi Awolowo from Prison.OJUKWU was the Premier of Western Nigeria then while GOWON was Nigeria's Head of State then,so who's OJUKWU to release Awolowo from Prison..AWOLOWO the Sage behind "Starvation As A Weapon Of War" that crippled OJUKWU & Crumbled Biafra

Gowon never issued any order in respect to Awo' s release. The order was issued by Ironsi before he was murdered and mind you Ojukwu who controlled the Eastern region was not bound by that. Ojukwu was in a position to keep Awo in prison till after the civil war.
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by NewNigeriaMind: 12:17pm On Jun 21, 2015
Johnrake69:

Gowon never issued any order in respect to Awo' s release. The order was issued by Ironsi before he was murdered and mind you Ojukwu who controlled the Eastern region was not bound by that. Ojukwu was in a position to keep Awo in prison till after the civil war.

SIMPLE GOOGLE SEARCH SHOWS A LOT OF ARTICLE THAT GOWON RELEASED AWO FROM PRISON WHILE NO PUBLICTION EXIST TO BACK UP THE LIE THAT OJUKWU RELEASED AWO FROM PRISON.

THIS LIE WAS STARTED BY ACHEBE AND THE ALL IGBO BELIEVED THE LIE WITHOUT A LITTLE VERIFICATION.

tHE LIES AS STATED SO FAR:

1 OJUWKU RELASED AWO FROM PRISON grin THAT IS A BIG LIE, GOWON DID AND THERE ARE MANY PUBLICATION TO PROVE THIS cheesy
2 OJUKWU FATHER HAD A ROYCE ROLLS IN 1964....ANOTHER LIE, THE ROYCE ROLLS THE QUEEN RODE IN WAS NOT THAT OF SIR OJUKWU
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by tonychristopher: 12:24pm On Jun 21, 2015
Luukasz:
Point of Correction Abubakar Bukola Saraki is a Yoruba Man of ilorin Just like the Yorubas of Benin...ilorin was formerly under the Yoruba Empire before the Fulanis took over & as for Benin,Benin is still under the Yorubas.If you dont know,BENIN is one of the SONS of ODUDUWA.
Dont just open your mouth & talk,talk with Facts.

So benin are Yoruba. ...that is a new one ..pls educate us how the benin Metamorphed and evolved to the almighty Yoruba

As of saraki I rest my case...I will believe what the man said about himself and his Fulani origin rather than you ..so pls forget this saraki issue

Gist us about how benin are now Yoruba ..we are waiting
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by Amazo: 12:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

SIMPLE GOOGLE SEARCH SHOWS A LOT OF ARTICLE THAT GOWON RELEASED AWO FROM PRISON WHILE NO PUBLICTION EXIST TO BACK UP THE LIE THAT OJUKWU RELEASED AWO FROM PRISON.

THIS LIE WAS STARTED BY ACHEBE AND THE ALL IGBO BELIEVED THE LIE WITHOUT A LITTLE VERIFICATION.

1 OJUWKU RELASED AWO FROM PRISON grin THAT IS A BIG LIE, GOWON DID AND THERE ARE MANY PUBLICATION TO PROVE THIS cheesy
2 OJUKWU FATHER HAD A ROYCE ROLLS IN 1964....ANOTHER LIE, THE ROYCE ROLLS THE QUEEN RODE IN WAS NOT THAT OF SIR OJUKWU

Hope you're ready for the 1 million mentions you're about to get from the Biafrians grin grin grin
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by tonychristopher: 12:29pm On Jun 21, 2015
ruffDiamond:
EXACTLY!ABSOLUTELY CORRECT !don't mind d mumu Ilorin man he thinks he's dealing wit slowpoke like him! those Ilorin people are very terrible mostly untrustworthy just like saraku

It's disturbing that a man that is a doctor very educated said in a clear terms that he is a fulani from MALI that is his origin though with a Yoruba mother that gave him the name bukola but his surname is sariki ...and that is Fulani name .

Why should I not believe him that he is a fulani as he said and believe some revisionist

Maybe I am Christopher I am now English
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by NewNigeriaMind: 12:33pm On Jun 21, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

That's is a ROLLS ROYCE guys.
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by datribune: 12:35pm On Jun 21, 2015
Amazo:

EFCC This is not PDP, but APC we're dealing with here, an APC that as a political tree has ACN as its roots and the core of its brilliance and machinations. ACN I observed then was a clinical "warrior party" inclined to by any means necessary eliminate whatever obstacle that hinders the realization of its sociopolitical goals and objectives in the SW region. So then Dr. Saraki would really be fortunate if it's the EFCC sent to hound him, and not snipers, which might have been the case if APC were 100% ACN but it's not - herein lies the relief!
The probable way out of this mess for Saraki, and i'm pretty sure it's the viable offer his party has dumped on his table, is for him to get himself involved in some nasty scandal that would lead to his impeachment, then a new Senate president favored by the APC can re-emerge. But the problem is, this move is blocked by a PDP member being deputy senate president because if that were to happen PDP would win the senate Presidency. So Dr. Saraki and/or whoever advised the orchestration of the emergence of the senate president and deputy senate president were extremely calculatively brilliant! Seems like a political scheme hatched straight from hell and impressively executed. Now unless Saraki finds a way to get his deputy to partake of the possible scandal (highly unlikely the deputy would take the bait at this point), there's no way to get rid of the current senate leadership...unless by the underworld way, which might be the last resort, who knows!

While I do not agree wit ur conclusions about d ACN, I agree wit ur submissions dat d plan was meticulously & brilliantly hatched especially wit Ekweremadu as an albatross.
Hahahaha Snipers should not be needed or maybe not even d EFCC to deal wit a Arrow whose political career is built on betrayal & treachery, including of those with whom he shares d most sacred bond of blood & family.
PMB was at d forefront of d crusade to fill both houses of d NASS wit APC members, a job dat was welldone but is now in danger of being rubbished by Saraki's treachery. 
Saraki bit more than he can chew dis time. PMB is a General & a wise man who has fought many battles & surely Saraki who has demonstrated to all, politicians & non-politicians alike dat he can not be trusted will be easily neutralized. Few will shed a tear 4 d con-man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by NewNigeriaMind: 12:36pm On Jun 21, 2015
tonychristopher:

It's disturbing that a man that is a doctor very educated said in a clear terms that he is a fulani from MALI that is his origin though with a Yoruba mother that gave him the name bukola but his surname is sariki ...and that is Fulani name .

Why should I not believe him that he is a fulani as he said and believe some revisionist

Maybe I am Christopher I am now English

so who is the Yoruba person that gave his father Olusola

Secondly, Saraki is actually a Yoruba name not a Fulani name.

Thirdly, the man is Fulani-Yoruba, that's just the Ilorin thing from time memorial and I don't see why there should be an argument about this.

To me the guy is Yoruba-Fulani and I guess he uses both heritage when it suits him.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Aregbesola's Aged Mother Blesses As He Turns 60 (Photo) / We Are Worried About Movement Of Almajiris Into Our Region - SouthEast Governors / Picture Of Buhari In Glasgow At The COP26 Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.