Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,126 members, 7,849,503 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:56 PM

APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall (34387 Views)

Buhari Sends Northern Governors To South-East On ‘Peace Mission’ / Abdulsalami Abubakar Off To A Peace Mission In Kaduna (Pics) / APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by tonychristopher: 12:44pm On Jun 21, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

so who is the Yoruba person that gave his father Olusola

Secondly, Saraki is actually a Yoruba name not a Fulani name.

Thirdly, the man is Fulani-Yoruba, that's just the Ilorin thing from time memorial and I don't see why there should be an argument about this.

To me the guy is Yoruba-Fulani and I guess he uses both heritage when it suits him.

Jeeeeeez are u still on this ..they said that they origin is from MALI and why do you have problem with that just like saying Hubert Macaulay is a Yoruba man were as we all know he is Sierra Leone or saying abacha is a Nigeria

Do you know I can adapt any name ....Fulani do adapt name and use it to dominate their subjects

Do you know the first name of emir of ilorin

Pls respect saraki position on their origin pls that is the wise thing to do and stop asking me questions

I will believe them rather than you ...I am sorry to disappoint you
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by mulki: 12:45pm On Jun 21, 2015
fvck saraki and his lineage...he is a Nigerian, can we stop the tribal tin and concentrate on our country now

2 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by Johnrake69: 12:47pm On Jun 21, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

SIMPLE GOOGLE SEARCH SHOWS A LOT OF ARTICLE THAT GOWON RELEASED AWO FROM PRISON WHILE NO PUBLICTION EXIST TO BACK UP THE LIE THAT OJUKWU RELEASED AWO FROM PRISON.

THIS LIE WAS STARTED BY ACHEBE AND THE ALL IGBO BELIEVED THE LIE WITHOUT A LITTLE VERIFICATION.

tHE LIES AS STATED SO FAR:

1 OJUWKU RELASED AWO FROM PRISON grin THAT IS A BIG LIE, GOWON DID AND THERE ARE MANY PUBLICATION TO PROVE THIS cheesy
2 OJUKWU FATHER HAD A ROYCE ROLLS IN 1964....ANOTHER LIE, THE ROYCE ROLLS THE QUEEN RODE IN WAS NOT THAT OF SIR OJUKWU

This issue is simple. One of the reasons for the civil war was Ojukwu's refusal to take orders from Gowon and at no point did Ojukwu ever take orders from Gowon. All the institutions in the east took orders from Ojukwu and if you search further you will find out that the coup that oustered Ironsi's led govt signified an end to Nigeria at the time. It is clear from records that Ojukwu was in charge of the east. So I wonder how Gowon released Awo when Ojukwu never recognised him as the head of state, and without Ojukwu's authority, Awo would have been remained in prison till after the civil war. For the resignation letter written by Awo himself, I will say he was just being economical with the truth. What he wrote in his diary was different from what he said in the letter. He was a politician for Godsake.
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by NewNigeriaMind: 12:53pm On Jun 21, 2015
tonychristopher:

Jeeeeeez are u still on this ..they said that they origin is from MALI and why do you have problem with that just like saying Hubert Macaulay is a Yoruba man were as we all know he is Sierra Leone or saying abacha is a Nigeria

Do you know I can adapt any name ....Fulani do adapt name and use it to dominate their subjects

Do you know the first name of emir of ilorin

Pls respect saraki position on their origin pls that is the wise thing to do and stop asking me questions

I will believe them rather than you ...I am sorry to disappoint you

You just made a fool of yourself, the Herbert Macaulay example is actually a pointer that you are not a serious person. Your argument holds no water.

Herbert Macaulay himself claims he is from Lagos state and even stated where he from in Lagos. You disregarded who Herbert said he is but you accept who you claim Saraki said he is, can you see the stupidity in your logic.

secondly, you claim Saraki is a Fulani, until we pointed it to you that is is actually a Yoruba name. In your new response you shifted ground that the name was adopted to control the people, so since you know this why did you lie the name saraki is Fulani name when it is not.

Thirdly you said his mother gave him the name Bukola, I asked you to please educate us who gave his father Olusola, no answer.

Lastly, saraki said he came from Mali, I wish to also point it out to you that there is part of Yoruba history that claim Yorubas came from Mali, I don't see how what saraki claim is different from this account.

All I see here is that you are a bigot and you will believe only the part of the story that suits your bigoted mind.

shalom.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by DeRuggedProf: 12:54pm On Jun 21, 2015
[/s][b][/b][i][/i][s][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]
gists:
I like the way PMB is handling this maturely. No problem with the leadership of NA but will not condone acts of indiscipline especially when it involves conniving with PDP to undermine the interest of your own party. PMB is finally learning politics - If Saraki can form an allegiance with PDP and go as far as conceding the post of deputy senate president to the PDP, what is the assurance that similar alliance will not be formed in the future to impeach PMB or at least PDP using the influence of Ekwerumadu as a ralling point and frustrate PMB's government

Who said I disagree?
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by tonychristopher: 12:59pm On Jun 21, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

You just made a fool of yourself, the Herbert Macaulay example is actually a pointer that you are not a serious person. Your argument holds no water.

Herbert Macaulay himself claims he is from Ogun state and even stated where he was picked from in Ogun state. You disregarded who Herbert said he is but you accept who you claim Saraki said he is, can you see the stupidity in your logic.

secondly, you claim Saraki is a Fulani, until we pointed it to you that is is actually a Yoruba name. In your new response you shifted ground that the name was adopted to control the people, so since you know this why did you lie the name saraki is Fulani name when it is not.

Thirdly you said his mother gave him the name Bukola, I asked you to please educate us who gave his father Olusola, no answer.

Lastly, saraki said he came from Mali, I wish to also point it out to you that there is part of Yoruba history that claim Yorubas came from Mali, I don't see how what saraki claim is different from this account.

All I see here is that you are a bigot and you will believe only the part of the story that suits your bigoted mind.

shalom.

Dude go and rest

Type creoles and Macaulay ..those are googled maybe tomorrow you tell me oba of Lagos doesn't have benin ancestry

I am done
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by NewNigeriaMind: 1:01pm On Jun 21, 2015
Johnrake69:

This issue is simple. One was of the reasons for the civil war was Ojukwu's refusal to take orders from Gowon and at no point did Ojukwu ever take orders from Gowon. All the institutions in the east took orders from Ojukwu and if you search further you will find out that the coup that oustered Ironsi's led govt signified an end to Nigeria at the time. It is clear from records that Ojukwu was in charge of the east. So I wonder how Gowon released Awo when Ojukwu never recognised him as the head of state, and without Ojukwu's authority, Awo would have been remained in prison till after the civil war. For the resignation letter written by Awo himself, I will say he was just being economical with the truth. What he wrote in his diary was different from what he said in the letter. He was a politician for Godsake.

I weak for you o!!!!

Can you sight one publication backing up the claim Ojukwu released Awo.

Secondly, the Awolowo we know is a principled man and he wouldn't tell a colossal lie on such a key matter as who released him from prison. Especially when the letter is written to Gowon the head of state.

Thirdly, the prison was a federal prison controlled by the federal government. Until the civil war was declared, all these institutions where under the control of the federal government in Lagos, just as the Central bank in the east was under the control of Lagos.

I believe when we seek truth we will find it.

Sorry I am inclined to believe Awolowo himself on who released him from prison than believe an unsubstantiated claim from Achebe the originator of this lie that Ojukwu released Awolowo from prison.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 21, 2015
oluspencer:

We are not doing the Goodluck "AZIKWE" of 2011 we are talking of the Bukola who's a brother to Gbemisola. Will are talking about the son of Olusola who happen to be the husband of Toyin.
grin cheesy Nice one cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by NewNigeriaMind: 1:04pm On Jun 21, 2015
tonychristopher:

Dude go and rest

Type creoles and Macaulay ..those are googled maybe tomorrow you tell me oba of Lagos doesn't have benin ancestry

I am done

This is who MR MACAULAY CLAIM HE IS.... I AM SURE YOU CAN ALSO SEE THE SIERRA LOENE CONNECTION HERE AND MOSTLY IMPORTANTLY THE CREOLE

Olayinka Herbert Samuel Heelas Badmus Macaulay (14 November 1864 – 7 May 1946) was a Nigerian nationalist, politician, engineer, architect, journalist, and musician and is considered by many Nigerians as the founder of Nigerian nationalism.

Olayinka Macaulay Badmus was born in Lagos on 14 November 1864 to Thomas Babington Macaulay and Abigail Crowther, [b]children of people captured from what is now present day Nigeria, resettled in Sierra Leone by the British West Africa Squadron, and eventual returnees to present day Nigeria.[[/b]1] Thomas Babington Macaulay is one of the sons of Ojo Oriare while Abigail Crowther is the daughter of Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther.[1] Thomas Babington Macaulay was the founder of the first secondary school in Nigeria, the CMS Grammar School, Lagos.[2][3] After going to a Christian missionary school, he took a job as a clerk at the Lagos Department of Public Works. From 1891 to 1894 he studied civil engineering in Plymouth, England. On his return, he worked for the Crown as a land inspector. He left his position in 1898 due to growing distaste for the British rule over the Lagos Colony and the position of Yorubaland and the Niger Coast Protectorate as British colonies in all but name.
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by omowolewa: 1:24pm On Jun 21, 2015
You sound like a politician, sorry am not one.

When Saraki betray his father, he was just being honest with the fact.
When he led the heated argument against his then party, it was a favorable to the prevailing situation.
Now that he is betraying the prevailing situation, we now see personal dimension in his moves!

He can achieve all of his objective without betrayal, thatz what we call leadership.
Let's assume he is a true leader in APC, would he have allowed any ticket going to PDP?!
Am not particular about his movement/ objective. Am only reviewing his personality and means to all his ends. (He should do everything to stay at the top, that pays him and PDP)

The question which we should ask ourselves (PDP,APC,OBJ,Kwarans, Nigerians, politicians and analyst) is that, 'why is Saraki always a subject of betrayal?; why can he choose other means to achieve his goal aside betrayals)

major466:

When Saraki double crossed from PDP to APC, he became trustworthy, was celebrated by the Progressives as a champion. Again when he double crossed APC to become Senate President, he became a traitor. Does that makes sence Once a traitor always a traitor.
Politics is a game of interest. No permanent friends but permanent interest. APC brought this on themselves when they caused defections of all kinds of charaters into their fold just to win elections. Now that they have won, its time they face off with the characters they brought into their party.

2 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by Johnrake69: 1:53pm On Jun 21, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

I weak for you o!!!!

Can you sight one publication backing up the claim Ojukwu released Awo.

Secondly, the Awolowo we know is a principled man and he wouldn't tell a colossal lie on such a key matter as who released him from prison. Especially when the letter is written to Gowon the head of state.

Thirdly, the prison was a federal prison controlled by the federal government. Until the civil war was declared, all these institutions where under the control of the federal government in Lagos, just as the Central bank in the east was under the control of Lagos.

I believe when we seek truth we will find it.

Sorry I am inclined to believe Awolowo himself on who released him from prison than believe an unsubstantiated claim from Achebe the originator of this lie that Ojukwu released Awolowo from prison.

Well, we all have the right to believe whatever we want. And please Awo was a politician and was found guilty of treason, so a man of his caliber could have said anything to please anybody. And please for your information, there was nothing like federal establishment taking orders directly from the head of States. Every institution was under the control of the regional heads and that was why Awo achieved so much for the west. And to think that Ojukwu took orders from Gowon for the release of Awo really defies logic.
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by OROSUNBOLB(m): 2:31pm On Jun 21, 2015
Johnrake69:

Really? Gowon released Awo from calabar prison. The same region controlled by Ojukwu. Please go back and check again. Ojukwu released Awo from prison with the understanding that Awo will announce the succession of the Yorubas, the same time Ojukwu will be making the same pronouncement for Biafra.

My brother,this is not true ! How could Awolowo,a civilian who had just been released from prison,announce Yoruba secession from Nigeria! Gowon did what Ironsi failed to do by releasing Awolowo from the prison. If we must correct all the errors of our predecessors as a country and as a people,we must stand by the truth always.

3 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by Johnrake69: 2:39pm On Jun 21, 2015
OROSUNBOLB:

My brother,this is not true ! How could Awolowo,a civilian who had just been released from prison,announce Yoruba secession from Nigeria! Gowon did what Ironsi failed to do by releasing Awolowo from the prison. If we must correct all the errors of our predecessors as a country and as a people,we must stand by the truth always.

So you seriously believe Gowon gave the order and Ojukwu obeyed knowing fully well that one of the reasons for the civil war, was Ojukwu's refusal to recognise Gowon as the head of states? Or your not aware that Ojukwu was in charge of the east that included calabar?
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by NewNigeriaMind: 2:47pm On Jun 21, 2015
Johnrake69:

Well, we all have the right to believe whatever we want. And please Awo was a politician and was found guilty of treason, so a man of his caliber could have said anything to please anybody. And please for your information, there was nothing like federal establishment taking orders directly from the head of States. Every institution was under the control of the regional heads and that was why Awo achieved so much for the west. And to think that Ojukwu took orders from Gowon for the release of Awo really defies logic.

1 The treason charge against Awo was a gang up by Azikwe and Balewa, mostly by Azikwe to keep Awo in check.

2 At resignation Awo needed no favour from Gowon at that time to lie, and I pointed out to you that Gowon himself that the letter was addressed to would have refuted the claim.
I noticed your contempt for Awo, that the is the problem with you people that twist facts to fit your emotions and sentiments. For your information, Awo is a man of principles and he stood by all his words. As such, he is not a devious character that will lie to please anyone.

3. This is the actual problem with your argument, as at the time Gowon became head of state, regionalism was long gone-all thanks to Ironsi. As such what we were practicing then is a unitary system of government. if you cannot get this obvious FACT right, how can you get it that Ojukwu has no power to jail anyone or release anyone from prison prior to the declaration of Biafra.

Seek the truth and shall set you free.

Like I said, I will rather believe the great sage Awolowo that stated Gowon released him from prison. Ojukwu himself didn't make such a claim, like I said these lies are all from the propaganda machine of the tribal bigot of all time-Achebe.

shallom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by OROSUNBOLB(m): 3:10pm On Jun 21, 2015
Johnrake69:

So you seriously believe Gowon gave the order and Ojukwu obeyed knowing fully well that one of the reasons for the civil war, was Ojukwu's refusal to recognise Gowon as the head of states? Or your not aware that Ojukwu was in charge of the east that included calabar?

Prior to the war,Officers and Soldiers of northern and eastern extractions were ordered to go back to their respective regions. It is on record that soldiers of Igbo extractions were not allowed to go with their weapons. Why did Ojukwu allow Hausa/fulani Soldiers to leave eastern region with their own weapons ? You need to seriously consider this anomaly. I put it to you that it was Gowon that ordered the release of Awolowo from prison. How could Ojukwu stop Awolowo from being released when the conflict at the initial stage was strictly Hausa/fulani vs Igbo. There was never any agreement between Awolowo and Ojukwu regarding secession. Ojukwu had tremendous respect for Awolowo even till he died. Yoruba officers and Soldiers got involved in the war at the later stage when Biafran Soldiers invaded mid-west en route Yorubaland and that was the waterloo!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by otipoju(m): 3:11pm On Jun 21, 2015
ohemdave:

The above writer I wish you keep mute,Tinubu and APC never bought senatorial ticket for Saraki and therefore is not a judas. Who is Tinubu that felt he could cage Saraki's as he did to those neophyte in Lagos state assembly?.He is dealing with smart and intelligent men,he and his cohorts are yet to learn.

There is nothing smart in handing over a seat that should be for your party to the opposition. That is the height of desperation....in any sane gathering Saraki should expect to be viewed with distrust henceforth.

Believe me that is not a smart label to be tagged with im the game of politics.it is a heavy cross to carry.

The years will reveal what the days can not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by otipoju(m): 3:18pm On Jun 21, 2015
caugann:

Must you comment? Cos its obvious that you have nothing to say. What has d Igbo and Biafra got to do with this?

Chairman,try and reduce the groundnut wey you dey chop ooo. Did you see me mention Biafra or Igbo in my post.
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by Johnrake69: 3:44pm On Jun 21, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

1 The treason charge against Awo was a gang up by Azikwe and Balewa, mostly by Azikwe to keep Awo in check.

2 At resignation Awo needed no favour from Gowon at that time to lie, and I pointed out to you that Gowon himself that the letter was addressed to would have refuted the claim.
I noticed your contempt for Awo, that the is the problem with you people that twist facts to fit your emotions and sentiments. For your information, Awo is a man of principles and he stood by all his words. As such, he is not a devious character that will lie to please anyone.

3. This is the actual problem with your argument, as at the time Gowon became head of state, regionalism was long gone-all thanks to Ironsi. As such what we were practicing then is a unitary system of government. if you cannot get this obvious FACT right, how can you get it that Ojukwu has no power to jail anyone or release anyone from prison prior to the declaration of Biafra.

Seek the truth and shall set you free.

Like I said, I will rather believe the great sage Awolowo that stated Gowon released him from prison. Ojukwu himself didn't make such a claim, like I said these lies are all from the propaganda machine of the tribal bigot of all time-Achebe.

shallom

Bro please am really not into this tribe of a thing. My family though from south south have strong ties with the yorubas through marriage. And as far as am concerned we are one. And that aside, how was Gowon able to release him? There was a coup remember? Which was not witnessed in the east cos Ojukwu still remained the governor of the eastern region. This was what Ojukwu had to say in an interview : "We’ve said this over and over again, so many times, and people don’t understand; they don’t want to actually. If you remember, I released Awolowo from jail. Even that, some people are beginning to contest as well. Awo was in jail in Calabar. Gowon knows and the whole of the federal establishment knows that at no point was Gowon in charge of the East. The East took orders from me. Now, how could Gowon have released Awolowo who was in Calabar? Because of the fact that I released him, it created quite a lot of rapport between Awo and myself and I know that before he went back to Ikenne, I set up a hotline between Ikenne and my bedroom in Enugu. He tried like an elder statesman to find a solution. Awolowo is a funny one. Don’t forget that the political purpose of the coup, the Ifeajuna coup that began all this, was to hand power over to Awo."
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by deebsman1(m): 4:36pm On Jun 21, 2015
"Ilorin Mesu Jamba" That's what has been running on my mind since d so-called election on June 9
handsomeclouds:
true talk
SINator Sakakiri's action is typical of the Ilorin people =( betrayal). Have we all forgotten the story of Alimi and Afonja (one betrayed Yoruba and the other betrayed him)? The blood still run in the veins of Ilorin people till today! No wonder the proverb that says.... Tell the Ilorins' to excrete the betrayal in them, they can never excrete everything in 3 years!
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by ideylaff: 5:21pm On Jun 21, 2015
major466:

When Saraki double crossed from PDP to APC, he became trustworthy, was celebrated by the Progressives as a champion. Again when he double crossed APC to become Senate President, he became a traitor. Does that makes sence Once a traitor always a traitor.
Politics is a game of interest. No permanent friends but permanent interest. APC brought this on themselves when they caused defections of all kinds of charaters into their fold just to win elections. Now that they have won, its time they face off with the characters they brought into their party.
x

This is not in any way the same thing, when GE came to APC, the people that followed him did do as PDP people, no APC part member was involved.

This time around, voting is / was involved and he decided to fine with PDP just to get that one position of Senate President.

If he had balls and was do confident why not wait for the rest of the APC members to be present just line Dogara did.

Everyone is accusing Tinubu of bn too heavy handed , the same and worse Is bn done by The Saraki family for ages in Kwara, in fact Bukky has strangled the entire state and he's worse than his dad

He's laid his bed how he wants it, he should just lie on it as he wants to and stop going all over the place begging the people he never out into condideration before. To dine with all people Atiku Abubakar. Hmmmmmm

He thinks dis GE sees him with Buhari, means Buhari trusts Atiku. Lol

I see Bukola has now commandeered the Private Jet assigned to the office with his wife flying all over Nigeria begging people to talk to Buhari who has already said, I'm not fighting you oooo, but Surrey we don't gave to have lunch and dinner together to prove that we are together.

I repeat Bukola, you've laid your bed, do lie on it simple

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by klax(m): 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2015
OBJ making peace mission in APC very funny.
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by bettercreature(m): 5:52pm On Jun 21, 2015
major466:

With the above description of Saraki as an ambitious brat who pocketed Ilorin as his personal property, how is he different from Tinubu
Tinubu is a very good man and i bet you will love him,he only impose he doesnt use his families infact most of his families are not into politics,unlike the Sarakis who only care about their family,Nothing must go out of their family

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by naira0(m): 6:14pm On Jun 21, 2015
Interesting
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2015
deebsman1:
"Ilorin Mesu Jamba" That's what has been running on my mind since d so-called election on June 9
Thanks that's it...... I wonder if those people will ever change!

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by deebsman1(m): 6:33pm On Jun 21, 2015
u said it earlier that even if they excrete d JAMBA inside them for 20yrs, they can excrete if finish
handsomeclouds:
Thanks that's it...... I wonder if those people will ever change!

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 21, 2015
deebsman1:
u said it earlier that even if they excrete d JAMBA inside them for 20yrs, they can excrete if finish
Its 3 years ooo
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by deebsman1(m): 6:46pm On Jun 21, 2015
I just added 20, even 100 yrs
handsomeclouds:
Its 3 years ooo

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by NewNigeriaMind: 7:08pm On Jun 21, 2015
Johnrake69:

Bro please am really not into this tribe of a thing. My family though from south south have strong ties with the yorubas through marriage. And as far as am concerned we are one. And that aside, how was Gowon able to release him? There was a coup remember? Which was not witnessed in the east cos Ojukwu still remained the governor of the eastern region. This was what Ojukwu had to say in an interview : "We’ve said this over and over again, so many times, and people don’t understand; they don’t want to actually. If you remember, I released Awolowo from jail. Even that, some people are beginning to contest as well. Awo was in jail in Calabar. Gowon knows and the whole of the federal establishment knows that at no point was Gowon in charge of the East. The East took orders from me. Now, how could Gowon have released Awolowo who was in Calabar? Because of the fact that I released him, it created quite a lot of rapport between Awo and myself and I know that before he went back to Ikenne, I set up a hotline between Ikenne and my bedroom in Enugu. He tried like an elder statesman to find a solution. Awolowo is a funny one. Don’t forget that the political purpose of the coup, the Ifeajuna coup that began all this, was to hand power over to Awo."

Knowing who Awolowo is, I doubt if he would lie about who released him from prison. In this case like I said before, I am inclined to believe what the man said himself. GOWON RELEASED AWOLOWO FROM PRISON AND IMMEDIATELY HE AWOLOWO GOT OUT OF PRISON, GOWON MADE HIM HIS FINANCE MINISTER. thanks

On the Biafra, with all honesty I think the Igbo nation and Yoruba nation should blame zik FOR THAT. If ZIk NCNC had not joined with Murtala Mohammed to form a government, the north would have pulled out of the union in 1960.

Secondly, on the collapse of regional government, the blame is squarely on the shoulders of Ironsi, he single handedly turned Nigeria into Unitary government for selfish reason which is typical about igbos, the desire to dominate others.

That's why I tell people, you cannot jump to the period of the civil and claim the problems in Nigeria started from that period, NO. You have to start from the beginning. The North was the first to demand succession followed by the south west. Azikwe through is selfishness made sure the north remained in the union. Note that at the time, the north has good agric produce and was very viable as a region while the south west had Cocoa. The east had palm oil, but the palm didn't earn as much foreign exchange as the produce from the other two regions, in order not to be left behind, Zik made sure the north remained in the union. That is another problem with the Igbo, just as they are gumming with the SS now because of oil. Take away SS oil and the east will abandone the SS.

Finally, what transpired between Ojukwu and Awolowo is between them, they are both dead may their souls rest in peace.
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 21, 2015
deebsman1:
I just added 20, even 100 yrs
grin grin grin
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by Udstar(m): 8:39pm On Jun 21, 2015
otipoju:
Saraki...the treacherous one. The Judas of our time.

If Saraki is a Judas then Ameachi and Obasanjo are all Judas. Politics is a game of interest. Live for GOD and forget about politicians and their politics
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by dabigwalls: 9:49pm On Jun 21, 2015
creamyzone:

My brother saraki is a full yoruba man. His father and mother are both yoruba's and gave all their four kids yoruba names. Bukola, gbemisola, laolu and bola. The mum is a christian and MFM member that's why they don't bare muslim names. Check gbemi's facebook page you will see like for MFM on her profile.

North central is just a Geo political zone created by babangida and that doesn't mean everybody from there are fulanis. Kwara state is made up over 50% yorubas just like there are yorubas in kogi state(senator smart adeyemi that dino maleye defeated is from kogi state and a full yoruba man). Just like there are igbos is part of delta and rivers state(south-south). Just like there are yorubas in some parts of edo state(south-south).

So my brother bukola saraki is a full yoruba man from the North central.
This is one of the reason why the APC leaders didn't want him because a yoruba man is already the Vice president. I think we should all accept him as the new senate president because he will lead without religious sentiments having a christian mother and wife. He is also far better than lawan the APC annointed candidate. Toyin saraki his wife is also a successful lawyer from a royal family and daugther of renowned billionaire otunba and erelu ojuolape ojora of the famour ojora family in lagos. I also like the fact that he chose an ibo man as his deputy. This shows that he is also not tribalistic and want to ensure unity and equity in the senate.

Tinubu and the bunch of APC leaders should take a chill pill and accept the situation for peace to reign. They only chose lawan because they can't control saraki. Nigeria will not divide and this current dispensation
will bring prosperity for our great nation in jesus name(amen)...

You know when a writer is not a kid.
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 21, 2015
Obasanjo on peace mission very funny
Meanwhile please contact us for your building, painting and tiling works. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Japhet Omojuwa Apologises to Osinbajo, Deletes Tweet / Letter To NEPA/PHCN / Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.