Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's (9122 Views)

Hausas Clash With Igbos In Akowa, Imo State - Graphic Photos / Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland / "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:07pm On Jun 21, 2015
lygn19:
u sound weak, if u guys don't act they wud run buy they wud come back sooner or later... instill fear in dem. Let d attacks get extreme.

Are you even a Nigerian? Do you have iota of understanding of issue at hand? Which silly attack are you talking about? I hope you will come up with something sensible for me not to conclude that you're a programmed robot!
Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by leahcimzil: 10:17pm On Jun 21, 2015
what differences?...the differences are online, ebuka is still the guy I meet for my clothes and I still stay with him for over 2hrs chatting bout everything, my street nigga Austin still comes around to chill at my place and we get high and stuff(highness knows no tribe). There's a lot more. Only silly cowards hiding behind keyboards have not moved on from that, there has neva been a difference for me and there never will, becos to me Ebuka and Austin are Nigerians and human beings...that's how it will always be

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by zimoni(f): 10:19pm On Jun 21, 2015
Good move. We need to get over this tribal issue. It's becoming something else. They should also tell the Igbo's in Texas to let Dr Ariyo be after all he's apologized. May God help us. It is well.
Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jun 21, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Your father is a bloody basstard and you a coward.

The whole of your lineage dead and living are basstards. if I was in naija I will definitely knock off all the teeth in your mouth. But don't be too sure I can send money across to some boys to put your smelly mouth to the gutters. son of a mad man.
Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by EzeUche(m): 12:25am On Jun 22, 2015
Igbo Lagosians can never speak for the Igbos who remain in the East.

They are on their own. And I do not know why some Igbos have such a fascination with Lagos. This fascination weakens the wider Igbo people.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:38am On Jun 22, 2015
Krankenhaus:

The whole of your lineage dead and living are basstards. if I was in naija I will definitely knock off all the teeth in your mouth. But don't be too sure I can send money across to some boys to put your smelly mouth to the gutters. son of a mad man.

Look at this idi0t living under the protection of Igbos in Deutschland. Be careful so I don't alert Chief and others of your anti Igbo activities here on nairaland else your sorry ass will be messed.

You come on Nairaland here to hate on Igbos while they are your backbone in Germany where you stay.

I'll be in Germany in 2 weeks time, tell me where to meet you and let's sort this out man to man.
Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 22, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Look at this idi0t living under the protection of Igbos in Deutschland. Be careful so I don't alert Chief and others of your anti Igbo activities here on nairaland else your sorry ass will be messed.

You come on Nairaland here to hate on Igbos while they are your backbone in Germany where you stay.

I'll be in Germany in 2 weeks time, tell me where to meet you and let's sort this out man to man.

Your peeps are into shit here..non in the white collar sector cos your folks won't just go to school so how are you the back bone. Anyway when you ready for your death come to krefeld kilimanjaro bar. 141 ostwall krefeld. Alert your gaddem chief asap he will be made cold dead in the friedhof.
Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Mckennedy: 7:40am On Jun 22, 2015
OJUcrook:
Go and ask Nnamdi Kanu

You only remeber one Nigeria when it comes to Lagos. Bloody thieves ! You are all going back to Biafra

keep on dreaming and fooling yourselves,,,if anything happens to my building in lagos I will conquer any yoruba property where ever I find them .
Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 22, 2015
lygn19:
so u guys then use d Southeasterners as excuse to overshadow d few natives undecided ...
Stop doing attache by force, and develop ur state, u re claiming Lagos, if u re in a school like Uniben and Lagos state wants to pay it's people Bursary wud they pay u?
who are you to tell us we are overshadowing our brothers? Did they complain to you?

Oh, you want us to give you free chance to ride them, abi?
Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:46am On Jun 22, 2015
Krankenhaus:

Your peeps are into shit here..non in the white collar sector cos your folks won't just go to school so how are you the back bone. Anyway when you ready for your death come to krefeld kilimanjaro bar. 141 ostwall krefeld. Alert your gaddem chief asap he will be made cold dead in the friedhof.

I'll be at the kilimanjaro Bar, Ostwall 81, 47798 Krefeld, Germany on 19th July 2015 by 10 pm. Let's meet there and do it man to man. I'm presently in the UK on a business trip.
Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 22, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

I'll be at the kilimanjaro Bar, Ostwall 81, 47798 Krefeld, Germany on 19th July 2015 by 10 pm. Let's meet there and do it man to man. I'm presently in the UK on a business trip.

Good and come with your men.
Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Yujin(m): 11:03am On Jun 22, 2015
lygn19:
I always prayed for dz moment, a time where an igbo man for him to go to another man's land in Nigeria wud send shivers down his spines, I always prayed for a day when even if dat igbo man goes to that land for anything to buy even a plot if land or bring his family der wud shock him... sorry my brethrens but very soon I wud open accounts on Nairaland with Yoruba names and start giving u guys bad names in der sight so they wud hv reasons to increase d hatred and polity to higher levels.
That will be counterproductive. No one wants any hatred to increase. All we want is a coexistence that will bring forth a massive development and give our children a society they can be proud of. While doing so we will build and defend strongly what God has given us. Do not wish others evil but be ready to payback anyone in his own coin. This is Nigeria where people are illogical.
Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 22, 2015
juicee1:
who are you to tell us we are overshadowing our brothers? Did they complain to you?

Oh, you want us to give you free chance to ride them, abi?
Attach by force... go back to ur poverty stricken state and build it, stop claiming another man's land, Lagos is Yoruba Land but it's owned by d Lagos people, same way Osun is Yoruba land but it's owned by d ppl of Osun. Full stop.
Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 26, 2015
lygn19:

Attach by force... go back to ur poverty stricken state and build it, stop claiming another man's land, Lagos is Yoruba Land but it's owned by d Lagos people, same way Osun is Yoruba land but it's owned by d ppl of Osun. Full stop.
re you trying to divide the yorubas? Do you think we are like you people who discriminate against each other?

Yorubas don't care whether you are from osun or ekiti or lagos so long you are yoruba. States where created by nigeria and not yorubas. Why do you think an osun man can govern lagos whereas an imo man can't try that in anambra?

You are too little to think you can divide us

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
juicee1:
re you trying to divide the yorubas? Do you think we are like you people who discriminate against each other?

Yorubas don't care whether you are from osun or ekiti or lagos so long you are yoruba. States where created by nigeria and not yorubas. Why do you think an osun man can govern lagos whereas an imo man can't try that in anambra?

You are too little to think you can divide us
how many yorubas from other states have govern ekiti, or how many yorubas from other states have govern Osun... tell dat lie to foreigners not us, we know u ppl very well.
Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 26, 2015
lygn19:
how many yorubas from other states have govern ekiti, or how many yorubas from other states have govern Osun... tell dat lie to foreigners not us, we know u ppl very well.
why don't you go and test the blood of their governors to be sure they are real indigenes of their respective states.

Fools trying to divide yoruba land like they did theirs.
Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 26, 2015
juicee1:
why don't you go and test the blood of their governors to be sure they are real indigenes of their respective states.

Fools trying to divide yoruba land like they did theirs.
lol... see mumu, keep deluding urself...
Do moment it involves Lagos, u use all yorubas are united to keep dominating d real Lagosians, but d moment it involves ur poverty stricken states u remember d reason y states are created, u guys wud be using igbos as excuse to dominate dem, no wonder u guys supported a Yoruba man from another state to dominate dem against a real Lagosian(agbaje)... despite how much support non indegenes/igbos gave him.
Go back to ur state stop d attach by force, when d igbo's leave u guys wud be shown d way to ur bushes.
Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by ChimaAdeoye: 4:07pm On Jun 26, 2015
How that one take concern me?
Yoruba that wants to kill Igbo should be ready to forfeit his own life because that is exactly what will happen.
Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 26, 2015
ChimaAdeoye:
How that one take concern me?
Yoruba that wants to kill Igbo should be ready to forfeit his own life because that is exactly what will happen.
nobody wud touch any yoruba man on igbo soil, they and other Nigerians are always welcome...
Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by kobokokabaka(m): 10:17pm On Sep 28, 2015
OROSUNBOLB:

Your Ohaneze or whatever demanded an apology from Oba of Lagos within seven days,as usual,or else heaven would fall! Oba did not apologise for the Lagoon issue . Instead,it was some red-capped chiefs that went to the Oba's palace to seek forgiveness. I tell you if Ambo had lost the election,not a single of these loud-mouthed Igbo would have remained in Lagos. Some of you guys even ran away before the last gubernatorial election in lagos only to resurface on Nairaland and start chest-beating as usual!

Igbos are always welcome in Yorubaland as long as they don't misbehave. If they do,they will even run away before we start chasing them.

Oga shut up pls lemme hear word, are you talking about the yorubas that are full of cowards,,, to be sincere if there is any crisis that will happen in Lagos, the yoruba are even the ones to loose more lives,, is not by making mouth or typing on a social network.... It's when the time comes
Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:28pm On Sep 28, 2015
kobokokabaka:

Oga shut up pls lemme hear word, are you talking about the yorubas that are full of cowards,,, to be sincere if there is any crisis that will happen in Lagos, the yoruba are even the ones to loose more lives,, is not by making mouth or typing on a social network.... It's when the time comes

Your grammar is crisis ridden ! You honestly need to fix that to pass a meaningful comment at least. Kindly attack the Yoruba 'cowards' in Lagos or anywhere in the South west and you are assured of getting the same treatment your fore fathers received in 1967-1970. Igbo are empty chest-beaters. In this game,Yoruba hold all the aces ! Love or hate us,we don't give a damn.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Draye: 6:13pm On Oct 11, 2015
THE
IGBO AND LAGOS'

DEVELOPMENT
"By
1872 Lagos was a cosmopolitan trading
center
with a population of over 60,000
people. Colony of
Lagos developed into a busy cosmopolitan
port, with an architecture that blended
Victorian and Brazilian styles.The Brazilian
element was imparted by skilled builders and
masons who had returned from Brazil The black
elite was composed of English-speaking"Saros"
from Sierra Leone and other emancipated slaves
who had been repatriated from Brazil and Cuba.By
1872 the population of the colony was over
60,000, of whom less than 100 were of European origin.
In 1876 imports were valued at £476,813 and
exports at £619,260. Telephone links with Britain
were established by 1886, and electric street lighting
in 1898.In August 1896, Charles Joseph George
and G.W. Neville,both merchants and both unofficial
members of the Legislative Council,presented
a petition urging construction of the railway
terminus on Lagos Island rather than at Ido,
and also asking for the railway to be extended
to Abeokuta. Lagos history is rich in Yoruba
tradition,trade and commerce,infrastructural
development and cosmopolitanism."
-EXTRACTED With the little facts above, I would like to educate
some illiterates making stupid assumption from blind
sentiments that they developed Lagos.Lagosians
had telephone presence in 1886, Itu and
Calabar got connected to Telephone in 1923,while
between 1946 and 1952, a three-channel line
carrier system was commissioned between Lagos
and Ibadan and was later extended to Oshogbo,
Kaduna, Kano, Benin, and Enugu.Communication
technology is a major signifier of civilizations
and if Lagosians were already making telephone
calls more than 70 years before your daddies,
where then did you get the warped idea that
you came to develop Lagos? By
1856 Cable and Wireless Company of the UK
had commissioned a submarine cable link between
Lagos and London and In 1851 a post office
was established in Lagos; all these before of
the emergence of Nigeria as an amalgamated country.
If I may ask again, where did the stupid idea
that Igbo developed Lagos came from? Or that
Lagos was developed with Nigeria's money
when Lagos was not even part of Nigeria until 1914.
I always feel embarrassed anytime I read and hear
even so-called educated people from the East
making these stupid assertions.
The first Yoruba lawyer Christopher Alexander Sapara
Williams was called to the English Bar in 1879
whilst the first Igbo lawyer, Sir Louis Mbanefo,
was called to the English bar in 1937.
Again the first Yoruba medical practitioner, Dr.
Nathaniel King, graduated in 1875 from the University
of Edinburgh whilst the first Igbo medical
practitioner, Dr. Akannu Ibiam, graduated from
another Scottish University in 1935. Again I ask,
where did the ignorant hypothesis of the backward
Yoruba race who needed development by
the superior Igbo race come from? For the sake
of our generation and posterity we need to teach
factual history and not just cook up some cock
and bull ego-centric concoctions as facts.
The attitude of recycling long tales steeped in
empty arrogance should be discarded before you
mis-educate your kids with fictions.Awolowo
will continue to be the Yoruba hero not because
of blind followership but because he gave his
people the system of free education, free healthcare
and he introduced Television to the Yoruba;
making Yorubaland the first region to have
a TV station in Africa all done with revenues from
Cocoa. It is crass ignorance and naked buffoonery
to claim Lagos was built with Nigeria's money.
In addition, where did the foolish idea that the
Igbo brought civilization to Lagos and Yoruba-land
come from?
The aim of this post is not to deride any tribe but to
correct the dangerous misinformation trending among
some Igbo youths and common in their narratives
that Lagos is a no-man's land and that
their fathers built and develop Lagos. Your forebears
came to Yoruba-land like every other settlers
and we appreciate their contributions but the
stupid claim that Igbo built and develop Lagos
is a gross display of stupidity because Lagos
was already developed before your forebears
came here from their villages and towns.
The first storey building in Nigeria was built in Marina,
Badagry in 1845, long before some of hinterland
people gave up the idea of conical mud houses
with thatched roofs which some boastfully called
'ancient mansions.' How can you now claim
your grand-sires developed Lagos? Please if you
are one of those spreading the fiction, I expect
you to desist from self-delusion and collective
amnesia forthwith.
The first Igbo alphabet-character set and Igbo primer
(Isoama-Ibo) was published by Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther

(a yoruba man from Osogun)
in 1857. How can you now claim superiority
over the Yoruba race and even carelessly
affirm that your forebears should be thanked
for bringing enlightenment to Yoruba Land?
While I do not see all these achievements as a sign
of Yoruba superiority over the Igbo or any other
tribe for I do not believe in racial superiority;
I will not also tolerate any attempt by bigots who
stoke ethnic hatred through incitement and arrogant
claims...
Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by coolitempa(f): 6:38pm On Oct 11, 2015

Did sonnybobo3 the coward show up.......or just making noise on the Internet as usual....
Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by chrisblack: 6:56pm On Oct 11, 2015
[quote author=Rose2014 post=34991518]

Remind me how you intend teaching them the lesson again. undecided. Olodo

While you're behind your keyboard on nl writing trash about Igbos, they're busy out there buying your lands.

Anyway Buhari will soon start paying you 5k/month so the end to your misery is near cheesy[/quotethe funny thing about land is no matter when.you can never take it home.Even if you like you buy as many hecters in another man's land.you can never take it home. Even you like buy all the whole of New York.it can never be an Igbo land. Even buy the whole of Detroit it can never be the land of aliaigbo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Militarymen Always Say "Morning Sir" Whenever They Greet / PDP Will Defeat Buhari Or Any APC Presidential Candidate In 2019 - Markarfi / NNPP Suspends Bauchi Acting Chairman For ‘Insulting’ Buba Galadima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.