Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Help!!! My Brother Is Missing - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help!!! My Brother Is Missing (52951 Views)

Policeman Caused Death Of My Brother In Accident In Warri - Man Cries Out (Pics) / Pls Help My Brother Is Stranded In Califonia / Pls Help My Brother Is Missing In Tripoli Libya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by eleko1: 9:48pm On Jun 21, 2015
embarassed May ur Fear be upon the bird ofthe air.They usually kip those arrested in cell and release them 1/2 wks later.If he's in Morocco,Libya,Italy/Spain,he'll probably call u in the last 4/2 mnts but take heart,there shall be NO LOSS
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Olaone1: 9:49pm On Jun 21, 2015
Naija "men of God", their divination and interpretation of omens sha. "He is alive but in pain". Who does not know that a missing person is most likely in pain? These pastors and imams really know how to hedge their statements.

The main thing is: where the f.u.ck is the boy, pastor?!

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Omotayor123(f): 9:49pm On Jun 21, 2015
sorry dear.... I pray you find him soonest.

chai see traffic...
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by tundesto(m): 9:52pm On Jun 21, 2015
I feel your plight. He will be back home safely in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by oneda(m): 9:52pm On Jun 21, 2015
Maritime Academy my Alma mater

Don't you worry swirry your brother will be back.

At Maritime Academy,are built to last to survive!

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by columbus007(m): 9:54pm On Jun 21, 2015
He's a promising young lad,these are what having a bad company can cause,he threw his OND certificate away for a desert and that's very unwise,taking to journey on land is the craziest thing ever,I pray for his safe journey back home.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Bonapart(m): 9:55pm On Jun 21, 2015
jaynipez:
Hi everyone, I'm called Jennifer.. Let me start by saying I'm not the type to post my problems online but I really need as many advice, opinion and information as I can get.

My brother's name is Jeffrey, he just finisged his OND at marine time academy oron. I last spoke to him on the 3rd of October 2014 after sending him the money he has being asking me for. On the 7th of October, a friend of his called me asking if I had seen or heard from him, I said no and he said my brother Jeffrey left his house at Uyo on the 5th of October with his brother Allwell (who is a very close friend of my brother and also stays with his family at uyo) and that he has not heard from them since then. He said my brother went with his phone but his own brother didn't. I called my brother's line countless times but it was switched off, I also called all of his friends I knew but no one had seen him. The next day my mum travelled to Uyo in search of him. She met with All well ' s parents and they went to several police stations to make their complaints, posted their pictures in the newspaper and did all the necessary things even went as far as visiting mortuaries. All to no avail. After a few days my mum came back to lagos and started visiting pastor's, prophets just to hear from God. They all said my brother is alive but that he is in pains. No one could tell us where exactly he is or what to do to get him back. We just kept on praying and believing God. Also checked online on all the social network sites he is a part of but he has not been online.

A few days later a boy called my mum, he said he saw my brothers picture in the paper and that my brother is not missing. According to him, my brother and his friend Allwell confided in him that they were travelling out of the country by road and that they would not tell any of their family members until they get there. When I heard this I was a bit shocked cos I am very close to him and I felt he would've told me and also because his passport was amongst the things he left behind. The only thing missing was a few clothes and his school OND certificate. Jeffrey had always wanted to travel to Qatar. according to him, in Qatar, life was a bed of roses and you make a lot of money within a week. But my dad asked him to finish his HND first.

Between December last year to March this year, my mum and I kept receiving strange calls from different international numbers but when we pick we don't hear anything and if we try calling back, the numbers don't connect. I browsed on the numbers and some were Somalia, some were Libya..different numbers kept calling and deep down I knew it was Jeffrey trying to get through to us.

Since April, there has being no strange flash or call from any international number, it was much better when we kept receiving those strange calls because at least we knew he was alright but now we don't know what is happening. I've browsed online, checking for details on travelling out of the country by road, the risk and all.. its 9 months since he went missing and no word at all from him or his friend.I heard if one is caught, you would be deported back to your country within a month. I feel he has being caught but what I don't know is why he has not being deported. Or why they have not called his family. Just last week, we were still told by a man of God that he is alive but in pains.

He is the only boy and my mum is barely keeping it together. Please anyone who knows anything at all about how this thing works should please comment, I need your advice and opinion on what to do or what to think. Thank you.
your brother might be in prison in Libya. You guys have to pray very hard becos prison in Libya is hell on earth. There is just one meal 3 times a day which is a long tiny bread without a single sugar called oza.... and again the prison is underground with so much heat and darkness.
You guys need to fast and pray for him..... wat about the numbers he's been trying to call with?
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by ghettodreamz(m): 9:55pm On Jun 21, 2015
jaynipez:

@Op; judging from the picture of him you posted, he doesn't look like someone who's from a poor background, one would wonder what must have made him embark on such journey without going through the proper channel. Although, I understand the fact that your folks kicked against his idea of traveling without his HND, but all the same, I believe there are better ways of going about traveling than going though the 'by road' route.

Deeds had been done and your sure bet as a sibling and family is to keep calm and never stop or relent praying for him on daily basis. At this point in time, it is crucial you keep praying for him, relentlessly and never cease. From your post, I understand several efforts had been made spiritually on finding out his well-being and whereabouts, keep following that path of righteousness and I pray in no distant time the Lord almighty would draw him back home to be reunited with you. I pray wherever he might be, God's protection, guidance will never fail over him. May the angels from above be his comforters and relieve him off every pains he might be going through in Jesus name, amen.

If you can, try and include fasting into your prayer intercessory on his behalf. If it's not a problem, you may want to visit a white garment church (Cele) to pray for him.

It is well with you and your family in Jesus name, amen.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by redsconsult(m): 9:56pm On Jun 21, 2015
With the profile of jeffery he has gone on international voyage on a shipping vessel as a marine officer. There is no way he would be able to communicate only through turaya or inmarsat . He may take between 9months to a year or more depending on the ship or trade involve, he is very much alive and not in pain. He will be back in far more better condition. Am a maritime pgd std

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Franchise21(m): 9:56pm On Jun 21, 2015
He will b baq hale n hearty
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by andyanders: 9:56pm On Jun 21, 2015
Op, I know what you and yours are facing as a result of your brother's trust on friends keeping your family out of any plans of his present status.
I know that the God that planted him in your mother's womb MUST bring him back and remove the pain and sorrow from your home.Such a young man cannot be taken away by the devil through such means.

We will join you and yours in our prayers to see that He that created man in His own image would have mercy on him no matter his stubbornness.

Just have faith in Him above IJN

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Mznaett: 9:57pm On Jun 21, 2015
it is well says the lord of host
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by haywire1: 9:58pm On Jun 21, 2015
ghettodreamz:
@Op; judging from the picture of him you posted, he doesn't look like someone who's from a poor background, one would wonder what must have made him embark on such journey without going through the proper channel. Although, I understand the fact that your folks kicked against his idea of traveling without his HND, but all the same, I believe there are better ways of going about traveling than going though the by road route.

Deeds had been done and your sure bet as a sibling and family is to keep calm and never stop or relent praying for him on daily basis. At this point in time, it is crucial you keep praying for him, relentlessly and never cease. From your post, I understand several efforts had been made spiritually on finding out his well-being and whereabouts, keep following that path of righteousness and I pray in no distant time the Lord almighty would draw him back home to be reunited with you. I pray wherever he might be, God's protection, guidance will never fail over him. May the angels from above be his comforters and relieve him off every pains he might be going through in Jesus name, amen.

If you can, try and include fasting into your prayer intercessory on his behalf. If it's not a problem, you may want to visit a white garment church (Cele) to pray for him.

It is well with you and your family in Jesus name, amen.

Bro, stop weed cos na me u quote grin grin

#

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by brodalikeme(m): 9:59pm On Jun 21, 2015
Stay strong and keep praying, God will intervene.
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by haywire1: 9:59pm On Jun 21, 2015
Bonapart:
your brother might be in prison in Libya. You guys have to pray very hard becos prison in Libya is hell on earth. There is just one meal 3 times a day which is a long tiny bread without a single sugar called oza.... and again the prison is underground with so much heat and darkness.
You guys need to fast and pray for him..... wat about the numbers he's been trying to call with?

Na waa ooo, what a sad experience for u. So hw did u finally escape?

#

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Xzevian(m): 9:59pm On Jun 21, 2015
He will surely come back alive as d lord live th. Be calm
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by mario147(m): 9:59pm On Jun 21, 2015
jaynipez:
Hi everyone, I'm called Jennifer.. Let me start by saying I'm not the type to post my problems online but I really need as many advice, opinion and information as I can get.

My brother's name is Jeffrey, he just finisged his OND at marine time academy oron. I last spoke to him on the 3rd of October 2014 after sending him the money he has being asking me for. On the 7th of October, a friend of his called me asking if I had seen or heard from him, I said no and he said my brother Jeffrey left his house at Uyo on the 5th of October with his brother Allwell (who is a very close friend of my brother and also stays with his family at uyo) and that he has not heard from them since then. He said my brother went with his phone but his own brother didn't. I called my brother's line countless times but it was switched off, I also called all of his friends I knew but no one had seen him. The next day my mum travelled to Uyo in search of him. She met with All well ' s parents and they went to several police stations to make their complaints, posted their pictures in the newspaper and did all the necessary things even went as far as visiting mortuaries. All to no avail. After a few days my mum came back to lagos and started visiting pastor's, prophets just to hear from God. They all said my brother is alive but that he is in pains. No one could tell us where exactly he is or what to do to get him back. We just kept on praying and believing God. Also checked online on all the social network sites he is a part of but he has not been online.

A few days later a boy called my mum, he said he saw my brothers picture in the paper and that my brother is not missing. According to him, my brother and his friend Allwell confided in him that they were travelling out of the country by road and that they would not tell any of their family members until they get there. When I heard this I was a bit shocked cos I am very close to him and I felt he would've told me and also because his passport was amongst the things he left behind. The only thing missing was a few clothes and his school OND certificate. Jeffrey had always wanted to travel to Qatar. according to him, in Qatar, life was a bed of roses and you make a lot of money within a week. But my dad asked him to finish his HND first.

Between December last year to March this year, my mum and I kept receiving strange calls from different international numbers but when we pick we don't hear anything and if we try calling back, the numbers don't connect. I browsed on the numbers and some were Somalia, some were Libya..different numbers kept calling and deep down I knew it was Jeffrey trying to get through to us.

Since April, there has being no strange flash or call from any international number, it was much better when we kept receiving those strange calls because at least we knew he was alright but now we don't know what is happening. I've browsed online, checking for details on travelling out of the country by road, the risk and all.. its 9 months since he went missing and no word at all from him or his friend.I heard if one is caught, you would be deported back to your country within a month. I feel he has being caught but what I don't know is why he has not being deported. Or why they have not called his family. Just last week, we were still told by a man of God that he is alive but in pains.

He is the only boy and my mum is barely keeping it together. Please anyone who knows anything at all about how this thing works should please comment, I need your advice and opinion on what to do or what to think. Thank you.

Just calm down am sure he is okay,as his friend told you he traveled out of the country by road am 95% sure he will be in Libya and as for the strange calls,am sure he is calling from the Libya pay phone which can show any country number sometimes its even show USA or CANADA number.
In Libya,the only situation where you can lose contact with someone is when he or she is in prison and he should still be able to call or flash you because sometimes the police do give phone to people to flash there family or friends in the prison.Just be patient he will surely call because life in Libya is not easy.
I went through the same process but mine was different because i informed my families before i left home.Try and talk to your mum to be calm and be prayerful he will surely get to his destination which is Italy.
Another thing is that maybe he doesn't have enough money with him,that may also affect his journey but i will also join you in praying for him.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by doncollino: 10:01pm On Jun 21, 2015
take these steps,
* send a mail to the authorities or embassy u think he is in, provide them with d numbers he last called with and a picture of him, also contact Interpol all these can be done online. there is no rose in Qatar, make sure u bring him back

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by setemi4ever(m): 10:01pm On Jun 21, 2015
jaynipez:

God will interven
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by ghettodreamz(m): 10:03pm On Jun 21, 2015
haywire1:

#

Lol grin Weed ke? I don't smoke. That was actually a mistake, that's been corrected. Thanks for the mention, anyways.
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by bigfather(m): 10:03pm On Jun 21, 2015
Jenny.....since then
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by gidjah(m): 10:03pm On Jun 21, 2015
Moana:
Dont know why he such an unwise choice but i hope he will get in touch soon
my dear its not just unwise but a pretty foolish thing by a young dependent boy of his age to venture into,all this immature butter kids sef,forming exploration of d 21st century to impress who ?,now he has put his parents and loved ones in a state of 'oh MY GOD '!!we just pray all goes well with him.pls kip watching sister jennifer

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by animalz: 10:04pm On Jun 21, 2015
haywire1:

#

grin grin grin

the guy smoke crap quote you. grin grin

maybe he think say you be the missing guy gringrin NASO all this Wed dey work sometimes
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by idu1(m): 10:04pm On Jun 21, 2015
How can some human being take stupid decision like this
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 21, 2015
I'll suggest you get in touch with the Nigerian Embassy or High Commission in both countries and ask for information from any Nigerian residing there about your brother and his friend , Allwell ( it's a long shot but you just have to try something ) .

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by haywire1: 10:06pm On Jun 21, 2015
animalz:

grin grin grin

the guy smoke crap quote you. grin grin

maybe he think say you be the missing guy gringrin NASO all this Wed dey work sometimes

Walahi I can't trek reach my bustop not to talk of obodo oyinbo

#

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by VicGoodGuy(m): 10:06pm On Jun 21, 2015
CR77:
Pls drop your phone number for me here so that i can call you to explian some to you

If you have anything to say, say it here and now like other have contributed. She's not dropping any number.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by haywire1: 10:07pm On Jun 21, 2015
idu1:
How can some human being take stupid decision like this

I still believe it's may be family pressure due to d only boy (olori ebi) of d family to make it fast in life. So he gt no other choice.

#

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The 100+ Most Beautiful And Breathtaking Places In The World (pictures) / Pictures Of The Most Beautiful Local Govt. Headquarters In Nigeria,ikot Ekpene / Boat Carrying 200 Passengers Break Into 2 In River Niger, Many Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.