Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Help!!! My Brother Is Missing - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help!!! My Brother Is Missing (52957 Views)

Policeman Caused Death Of My Brother In Accident In Warri - Man Cries Out (Pics) / Pls Help My Brother Is Stranded In Califonia / Pls Help My Brother Is Missing In Tripoli Libya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by dozymars(m): 10:11pm On Jun 21, 2015
Recently so many Africans, especially Nigerians migrated to Italy.The route commonly used is Libya or any porous african country located at the edge of Africa then by boat through the mediterranean sea.

Probably at the time you were getting those calls they were in Libya and now they are now in Europe.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by VicGoodGuy(m): 10:12pm On Jun 21, 2015
mario147:

Just calm down am sure he is okay,as his friend told you he traveled out of the country by road am 95% sure he will be in Libya and as for the strange calls,am sure he is calling from the Libya pay phone which can show any country number sometimes its even show USA or CANADA number.
In Libya,the only situation where you can lose contact with someone is when he or she is in prison and he should still be able to call or flash you because sometimes the police do give phone to people to flash there family or friends in the prison.Just be patient he will surely call because life in Libya is not easy.
I went through the same process but mine was different because i informed my families before i left home.Try and talk to your mum to be calm and be prayerful he will surely get to his destination which is Italy.
Another thing is that maybe he doesn't have enough money with him,that may also affect his journey but i will also join you in praying for him.

Are you still in Libya or you have finally made it to Italy? If you're in Libya please spread the word. If you have made it, congratulations. Tell your contacts in Libya to look out for him abeg.
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by kayzytech: 10:14pm On Jun 21, 2015
Sis d only advise I can gv u is 4 u to check out those ppl dat caught in Libya sometime late last year or early dis year if ur broda was amongst bcs one my frd was involved but he found his way out. he is now in Italy.
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by jaymichael(m): 10:16pm On Jun 21, 2015
jaynipez:
This is his picture
My younger brother went through that route like 6-7 years ago. He left with a friend of his that stay in the same area and same work place. We did not know until He started calling with a foreign number that we should pay a certain amount to an agent's Nigerian account number that they are in one detention Centre in terrible conditions.
He kept moving from one detention Centre to another and we keep sending him money through Some agents in Nigeria just so he survives the detention ordeal.
All pleas from my mother to him to come back fell on deaf ears.
To cut the story short, they made it to Libya, with the intention of hustling to get money to pay for the the dangerous boat (LAMPA LAMPA) ride to the Island of LAMPADOSA Italy. The lampa lampa boats are named after the Island of Lampadosa.
He spent many months or close to a year in Libya, doing menial jobs to barely survive. He was not hungry though but he couldn't save even a dinar.
All these while, my mother was praying and disturbing our pastor to pray that he come back safely. Our consolation was that it was revealed that he will not make the boat trip and will come back safely. Second consolation was that he had a phone and we talked often. My concern was what if he is tempted to go into crime though he is not the criminal minded type but frustration can change a man.
When he realized that the journey did nor go as planned, he finally decided to come back. We had to send him money for him to return to Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Bifwoli: 10:16pm On Jun 21, 2015
INTROVERT:
I don't think there is much you can do since he is out of the country. Just keep hoping and praying he is well and will return soon.

There's something called Interpol and the IOM(int'l Organization for Migration)that the family can contact thru Nigerian embassies.Please don't tell them there's nothing they can do (and I hope you learned something too)

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by prettyboi1(m): 10:17pm On Jun 21, 2015
INTROVERT:
I don't think there is much you can do since he is out of the country. Just keep hoping and praying he is well and will return soon.

That's a wrong approach you have offered. How do you know he's out of the country? All options should be kept open and considered.
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Bonapart(m): 10:18pm On Jun 21, 2015
haywire1:

Na waa ooo, what a sad experience for u. So hw did u finally escape?

#
hahahahaha...... na tell them tell me oooo
Hv never been to prison all my life and i will never go there
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by idupaul: 10:19pm On Jun 21, 2015
If he went through Libya let's pray he didn't fall into the hands of rebels

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by ghettodreamz(m): 10:19pm On Jun 21, 2015
Bonapart:
hahahahaha...... na tell them tell me oooo
Hv never been to prison all my life and i will never go there

grin cheesy grin
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by 1miccza: 10:19pm On Jun 21, 2015
The mere fact that someone told you of their mission and that you have been receiving strange call from Libya,Somalia and it hasn't been connecting simply means he either has crossed through those places successfully or otherwise,i am hoping that he did cross successfully if he has it's either he would succeed or be deported but either ways he's gonna be okay.....
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by kayzytech: 10:20pm On Jun 21, 2015
ahamonyeka:
May be they are trekking to daura to congratulate PMB.
Don't worry they will come back with some cash as we all know this is the period of trekking.

common sense is not common for some ppl..............oh! sorry

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by redcliff: 10:24pm On Jun 21, 2015
Qatar of all places? I strongly advice evety nigerian trying to look for greener pastures in other countries especially europe and asia to be very beware and if you have not seen things first hand for yourself, dont base on other peoples stories...

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by gezzyvinci(m): 10:25pm On Jun 21, 2015
From Nigeria...libya....Mediterranean. ...italy
From Nigeria....Somalia...Mediterranean. ..Italy.
your brother tuk a senseless journey to mk quick money. I watch d news evryday n I wonder y pple mk ds journeys dt they aint sure of d outcome. In Libya...dia organs can b harvested in d desert....same wit somalia...d smugglers even kill sum on d way.....d drown in d sea and if d r rescued by EU navy...d r refugees.....Ur brother was in a gud sch...Maritime Academy Oron and he opted for ds trip.....babe..tk heart....to ur bro....I wish him d best.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Sammy777(m): 10:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
It is well with him.
From the pix his this type of person that wants to be on top of his game financially. I pray for him where ever he is right now, May God change his ideology and bring him back savely.
People are looking for who will send them back to school for their HND program and this brother of yours is misusing his wonderful time.
May God save him for you people

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
Hello I read ur story now ur brother is a fine boy my questions 1 what type of life did he lived 2 I also pray his alive that god will touch is heart where he is to come back home he will 3 who are his friends, I believe his fine too but u must pray very hard and make ur faith be strong with God he will surly hear u trust me I pray for ur brother that God should released him from anywhere he is love is d most expensive way to prospect ur love for ur brother shall come true IJN. God bless u and ur family
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by kevoh(m): 10:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
redsconsult:
With the profile of jeffery he has gone on international voyage on a shipping vessel as a marine officer. There is no way he would be able to communicate only through turaya or inmarsat . He may take between 9months to a year or more depending on the ship or trade involve, he is very much alive and not in pain. He will be back in far more better condition. Am a maritime pgd std
The above sounds more logical to me and I wished it was/is so. Only thing that punctures holes into the whole logic is his friend who is not mentioned to be a marine officer but is also missing.
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by akyus(m): 10:28pm On Jun 21, 2015
haywire1:

Walahi, u be real animal

#
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by kenoz(m): 10:28pm On Jun 21, 2015
This boy sef get heart, travelling to another far country by road.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by StephenJoseph(m): 10:29pm On Jun 21, 2015
spykid014:
Chai! Fine small boy. The quest for greener pastures tho.
So sorry o. I pray he comes back home safe and in one piece. Just never relent in your prayers.

It is well.

How dare u call him small boy? Na man him be!
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by mario147(m): 10:29pm On Jun 21, 2015
VicGoodGuy:

Are you still in Libya or you have finally made it to Italy? If you're in Libya please spread the word. If you have made it, congratulations. Tell your contacts in Libya to look out for him abeg.

It been a while i left Libya but i will make some contact and see what i can do but in case he eventually called let me know.
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by jaymichael(m): 10:30pm On Jun 21, 2015
All these foolish children of nowadays, You throw away a good diploma from a very reputable academy for a dangerous desert journey that is not safe. My brother told me how people die before his eyes in the desert, how the bus leave unfortunate travellers behind whose fate is sure death. How desert wind and sand causes blood to flow from his nose for weeks. A bros told us his story from an earlier times how they were stranded in the desert and the had to mix their urine with powdered milk and drink to avoid dehydration. A former colleague of mine graduated from the same Oron and now works in an oil vessel earning close to 500k a month. Just continue praying for him to come back home successfully and healthy.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 21, 2015
if he has a credit card....inform the police to ask his bank where He withdrew last and whom he paid..

As for the number that called you, Ask your network provider to furnish You with the location of the caller.

Thirdly, get his own network Provider to trace his phone, not line but phone. I know he might have sold his phone, but the buyer will link us closer to his likely movement.

Finally, if you are a muslim, cry unto God To summon him back home compulsorily....For He says....huwa ladhi yusoli alaikum, wamalaikatahu, li yukhrijakum mina zulimaati ilannuri, wakaa na, bil mumineena roheem.

HE IS THE ONE THAT BLESSES YOU, AND HE COMMANDS HIS ANGELS TO SUPPORT YOU...AND...HE IS THE ONE THAT BRINGS YOU OUT OF DARKNESS INTO LIGHT, FOR SURELY, HE IS MERCIFUL UNTO THOSE WHO BELIEVE. quran58

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Idrismusty97(m): 10:34pm On Jun 21, 2015
After a few days my mum came back to lagos and started visiting pastor's, prophets just to hear from God. They all said my brother is alive but that he is in pains.
Is that where he is? Is "pains" a place? This must be a very rough time for your mum but visiting all these pastorsprenuers isn't the way to go. They would only make things worst for her with their clueless riddles.
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Papasmal(m): 10:35pm On Jun 21, 2015
Eeya,What a Misguided brother,.
I pray he comes back home safely,
The guy nor even consider mama feelings,
Home sweet home,
No place like home.
Ajo oda bi ile.no matter where u go make u no 4get area o.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Raylight2(m): 10:36pm On Jun 21, 2015
jaynipez:
Hi everyone, I'm called Jennifer.. Let me start by saying I'm not the type to post my problems online but I really need as many advice, opinion and information as I can get.

My brother's name is Jeffrey, he just finisged his OND at marine time academy oron. I last spoke to him on the 3rd of October 2014 after sending him the money he has being asking me for. On the 7th of October, a friend of his called me asking if I had seen or heard from him, I said no and he said my brother Jeffrey left his house at Uyo on the 5th of October with his brother Allwell (who is a very close friend of my brother and also stays with his family at uyo) and that he has not heard from them since then. He said my brother went with his phone but his own brother didn't. I called my brother's line countless times but it was switched off, I also called all of his friends I knew but no one had seen him. The next day my mum travelled to Uyo in search of him. She met with All well ' s parents and they went to several police stations to make their complaints, posted their pictures in the newspaper and did all the necessary things even went as far as visiting mortuaries. All to no avail. After a few days my mum came back to lagos and started visiting pastor's, prophets just to hear from God. They all said my brother is alive but that he is in pains. No one could tell us where exactly he is or what to do to get him back. We just kept on praying and believing God. Also checked online on all the social network sites he is a part of but he has not been online.

A few days later a boy called my mum, he said he saw my brothers picture in the paper and that my brother is not missing. According to him, my brother and his friend Allwell confided in him that they were travelling out of the country by road and that they would not tell any of their family members until they get there. When I heard this I was a bit shocked cos I am very close to him and I felt he would've told me and also because his passport was amongst the things he left behind. The only thing missing was a few clothes and his school OND certificate. Jeffrey had always wanted to travel to Qatar. according to him, in Qatar, life was a bed of roses and you make a lot of money within a week. But my dad asked him to finish his HND first.

Between December last year to March this year, my mum and I kept receiving strange calls from different international numbers but when we pick we don't hear anything and if we try calling back, the numbers don't connect. I browsed on the numbers and some were Somalia, some were Libya..different numbers kept calling and deep down I knew it was Jeffrey trying to get through to us.

Since April, there has being no strange flash or call from any international number, it was much better when we kept receiving those strange calls because at least we knew he was alright but now we don't know what is happening. I've browsed online, checking for details on travelling out of the country by road, the risk and all.. its 9 months since he went missing and no word at all from him or his friend.I heard if one is caught, you would be deported back to your country within a month. I feel he has being caught but what I don't know is why he has not being deported. Or why they have not called his family. Just last week, we were still told by a man of God that he is alive but in pains.

He is the only boy and my mum is barely keeping it together. Please anyone who knows anything at all about how this thing works should please comment, I need your advice and opinion on what to do or what to think. Thank you.
I pray God keep him
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by VicGoodGuy(m): 10:39pm On Jun 21, 2015
mario147:

It been a while i left Libya but i will make some contact and see what i can do but in case he eventually called let me know.

Let you know? Bro I'm just a contributor oo. No be me be the op, just that I'm feeling the pain she and her family are going through at the moment. Thanks all the same.
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Fidecoo(m): 10:41pm On Jun 21, 2015
Hmmmmmm! U over delayed in sharing ur prblm. Wish it was earlier.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The 100+ Most Beautiful And Breathtaking Places In The World (pictures) / Pictures Of The Most Beautiful Local Govt. Headquarters In Nigeria,ikot Ekpene / Boat Carrying 200 Passengers Break Into 2 In River Niger, Many Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.