Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Help!!! My Brother Is Missing - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help!!! My Brother Is Missing (52953 Views)

Policeman Caused Death Of My Brother In Accident In Warri - Man Cries Out (Pics) / Pls Help My Brother Is Stranded In Califonia / Pls Help My Brother Is Missing In Tripoli Libya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by fajigirl(f): 10:47pm On Jun 21, 2015
Eya i feel for you op (if your story is true). Your brother's act is selfishness and then he presumably gets in trouble and tries calling his family to bail him out. Hopefully he is still alive but documentaries on those type of journeys tell very scary tales. Just console yourself knowing that it was a decision he took knowing the risk involved.

How could he be so foolish and selfish
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Missmossy(f): 10:49pm On Jun 21, 2015
Aww this is saddening,its been a while. I do hope he is safe. His choice wasn't a wise one.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by dkronicle(m): 10:58pm On Jun 21, 2015
ENGRJCJ:
Bro, has d guy finish d Malaysian story?
yes sir. Today

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by amadu777: 11:02pm On Jun 21, 2015
keep praying

if u receive calls from Libya so hes trying to migrate to Europe

[size=15pt]what to do :
[/size]
b4 u must know that : ur brother when traveling he definitely hide or throw away his passport and any other nigerian identity, bcs nigeria is considered safe for the european so they will deport him immediatley :

he must lie that hes from libya and cant go there bcs IS (islamic state) will kill him etc... but his skin color wont help bcs libya is mostly north african , another "black" country in africa where ppl are accepted in europe is Somalia bcs of war n killing , maybe ur bro went there and hes trying to sneak into europe thru libya with other somali ppl (libya is now in chaos) and its very close to europe

so what numbers calls first ? somalia or libya ?

[size=15pt]so where is ur bro now [/size]?
possibilities : life is ugly sometimes and we have to expect bad things
maybe "god forbid" he was dead in libya or in the sea to europe, maybe his body was not found, or maybe he was found and buried and no info about him bcs definitely hes not carrying any paper wt him, but at least if he was found by european they will snap pic to recognize later by parent if any1 shows

so steps : take his pic to international RED Cross or any humanitarian authorities or browse the net for any info

maybe he made it to europe safely " i pray" but he wont call u bcs he cant open his mouth n say hes nigerian or call a nigerian number bcs he will be deported, so now hes just keeping quite pretending hes somali guy running from terrorist , and i pray he will call soon

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by ifeanyi317(m): 11:02pm On Jun 21, 2015
the love of travelling out is the beginning of foolishness. pray he is found.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Glowstone(m): 11:07pm On Jun 21, 2015
jaynipez:
This is his picture

put his picture please
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by dapsonlou(m): 11:17pm On Jun 21, 2015
jaynipez:
Hi everyone, I'm called Jennifer.. Let me start by saying I'm not the type to post my problems online but I really need as many advice, opinion and information as I can get.

My brother's name is Jeffrey, he just finisged his OND at marine time academy oron. I last spoke to him on the 3rd of October 2014 after sending him the money he has being asking me for. On the 7th of October, a friend of his called me asking if I had seen or heard from him, I said no and he said my brother Jeffrey left his house at Uyo on the 5th of October with his brother Allwell (who is a very close friend of my brother and also stays with his family at uyo) and that he has not heard from them since then. He said my brother went with his phone but his own brother didn't. I called my brother's line countless times but it was switched off, I also called all of his friends I knew but no one had seen him. The next day my mum travelled to Uyo in search of him. She met with All well ' s parents and they went to several police stations to make their complaints, posted their pictures in the newspaper and did all the necessary things even went as far as visiting mortuaries. All to no avail. After a few days my mum came back to lagos and started visiting pastor's, prophets just to hear from God. They all said my brother is alive but that he is in pains. No one could tell us where exactly he is or what to do to get him back. We just kept on praying and believing God. Also checked online on all the social network sites he is a part of but he has not been online.

A few days later a boy called my mum, he said he saw my brothers picture in the paper and that my brother is not missing. According to him, my brother and his friend Allwell confided in him that they were travelling out of the country by road and that they would not tell any of their family members until they get there. When I heard this I was a bit shocked cos I am very close to him and I felt he would've told me and also because his passport was amongst the things he left behind. The only thing missing was a few clothes and his school OND certificate. Jeffrey had always wanted to travel to Qatar. according to him, in Qatar, life was a bed of roses and you make a lot of money within a week. But my dad asked him to finish his HND first.

Between December last year to March this year, my mum and I kept receiving strange calls from different international numbers but when we pick we don't hear anything and if we try calling back, the numbers don't connect. I browsed on the numbers and some were Somalia, some were Libya..different numbers kept calling and deep down I knew it was Jeffrey trying to get through to us.

Since April, there has being no strange flash or call from any international number, it was much better when we kept receiving those strange calls because at least we knew he was alright but now we don't know what is happening. I've browsed online, checking for details on travelling out of the country by road, the risk and all.. its 9 months since he went missing and no word at all from him or his friend.I heard if one is caught, you would be deported back to your country within a month. I feel he has being caught but what I don't know is why he has not being deported. Or why they have not called his family. Just last week, we were still told by a man of God that he is alive but in pains.

He is the only boy and my mum is barely keeping it together. Please anyone who knows anything at all about how this thing works should please comment, I need your advice and opinion on what to do or what to think. Thank you.

You post a message if we know anything, you only mention his 1st name , no last name ,no pictures. A 1001 person go's by Jeffrey.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by 9jatatafo(m): 11:31pm On Jun 21, 2015
That guy is a real nigga don't worry he is hustling and soon he will be home. We all read about onismart's ordeal in Malaysia last night and this morning. I believe he is alive, just making sure everything is set before buzzing the family.
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jun 21, 2015
sad
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by greggng: 11:49pm On Jun 21, 2015
truth is bitter, your brother took a dangerous risk. the chances are slim. i pray you guys find him a life.
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Smartlife(m): 11:51pm On Jun 21, 2015
Sammy777:
It is well with him.
From the pix his this type of person that wants to be on top of his game financially. I pray for him where ever he is right now, May God change his ideology and bring him back savely.
People are looking for who will send them back to school for their HND program and this brother of yours is misusing his wonderful time.
May God save him for you people

No be say you talk am o. Hoping this Forex business give me bucks to start up my hnd. Na my only hope be that.
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by ModiKen(m): 11:59pm On Jun 21, 2015
SuzieeDee:
Quatar bed of roses!!! bed of ugu ni, people just think so big about foreign countries I just hope he's safe and not trying to pull pranks

Bed of Ugu! LWKM

Most people get d wrong impression abt foreign countries especially European countries

There is no bed of roses or money waiting for u thr.

People thr hustle hard, they toil for their money. D citizens work hard to earn a living, imagine what you would go thru as a foreigner.

Don't be fooled by what anyone tells u of a paradise waiting u thr.

No wonder most people when they get to a foreign country, after discovering something contrary to their expectations, go into anyform of crime or immoral activity just to survive and also not to come bck to Naija empty handed

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by kestolove95(m): 12:01am On Jun 22, 2015
Allwell wia Eva u are...all is not well o
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by redsconsult(m): 12:02am On Jun 22, 2015
kevoh:

The above sounds more logical to me and I wished it was/is so. Only thing that punctures holes into the whole logic is his friend who is not mentioned to be a marine officer but is also missing.
may be hustler who may also get opportunity to work on ship but i also doubt that cos its a strict area for business
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by scentmarlc(m): 12:03am On Jun 22, 2015
INTROVERT:
I don't think there is much you can do since he is out of the country. Just keep hoping and praying he is well and will return soon.

You again introvert, FTC.....
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by menix(m): 12:11am On Jun 22, 2015
My better guess, he was captured by some rebels in Libya nd they were actually calling then to inform u guyz nd ask for ransome...

This jst happened to a close family fwend broda...
She only knew after d calls started coming..
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Nobody: 12:15am On Jun 22, 2015
hope in God.
If there's money, look for him in Libya

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Nobody: 12:30am On Jun 22, 2015
Stop shuttling from pastor to prophet. They will only take advantage of your ordeal and milk your family both financially and psychologically. Your confusion would pile up even more with prophecies here and there. Simply renew your strength by studying the Scriptures and praying without fear.

Don't you have a local assembly where you worship? Hang the issue on the neck of your local shepherd and the prayer group there. If the church is truly built on JESUS CHRIST the Rock of ages, no matter how low the level of anointing, the LORD will certainly intervene in due course. May the mercy of GOD prevail in this situation in JESUS' name.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by ArabianPrince: 1:00am On Jun 22, 2015
Just like someone said...drop the contact number you have and his pics. Someone might be able to call the number from libya. Pics will also be helpful if he has been sighted in libyan camp for onward jourrney to europe.
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by oyejideogunjumo: 2:22am On Jun 22, 2015
From the foregoing it is obvious your brother has travelled out by road.
Man will always be man he wont tell you because you wont support.
It is obvious he was deceived by the possible outcome of the adventure because travelling by road abroad is not as easy as many people tought.
It may be easier for ladies because they can easily turn to prostitution to survive but not that easy for men.
Where an when there is a war in the transit country men are targets.
Not hearing from him protrude danger but all hope not totally lost.Keep praying.
Keep some money apart for him because you may need to send it urgently to him to return back home.
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Nobody: 2:41am On Jun 22, 2015
Bifwoli:

There's something called Interpol and the IOM(int'l Organization for Migration)that the family can contact thru Nigerian embassies.Please don't tell them there's nothing they can do (and I hope you learned something too)

Just walk into IOM office for advice. They are somewhere in Ikoyi. Thereafter you can know if there is anyway they can locate your brother in those countries you mentioned.
On another note many young people think that it is easy crossing over to Europe. Even if you do, you would eventually be deported.
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Okijajuju1(m): 3:02am On Jun 22, 2015
jaynipez:
Hi everyone, I'm called Jennifer.. Let me start by saying I'm not the type to post my problems online but I really need as many advice, opinion and information as I can get.

My brother's name is Jeffrey, he just finisged his OND at marine time academy oron. I last spoke to him on the 3rd of October 2014 after sending him the money he has being asking me for. On the 7th of October, a friend of his called me asking if I had seen or heard from him, I said no and he said my brother Jeffrey left his house at Uyo on the 5th of October with his brother Allwell (who is a very close friend of my brother and also stays with his family at uyo) and that he has not heard from them since then. He said my brother went with his phone but his own brother didn't. I called my brother's line countless times but it was switched off, I also called all of his friends I knew but no one had seen him. The next day my mum travelled to Uyo in search of him. She met with All well ' s parents and they went to several police stations to make their complaints, posted their pictures in the newspaper and did all the necessary things even went as far as visiting mortuaries. All to no avail. After a few days my mum came back to lagos and started visiting pastor's, prophets just to hear from God. They all said my brother is alive but that he is in pains. No one could tell us where exactly he is or what to do to get him back. We just kept on praying and believing God. Also checked online on all the social network sites he is a part of but he has not been online.

A few days later a boy called my mum, he said he saw my brothers picture in the paper and that my brother is not missing. According to him, my brother and his friend Allwell confided in him that they were travelling out of the country by road and that they would not tell any of their family members until they get there. When I heard this I was a bit shocked cos I am very close to him and I felt he would've told me and also because his passport was amongst the things he left behind. The only thing missing was a few clothes and his school OND certificate. Jeffrey had always wanted to travel to Qatar. according to him, in Qatar, life was a bed of roses and you make a lot of money within a week. But my dad asked him to finish his HND first.

Between December last year to March this year, my mum and I kept receiving strange calls from different international numbers but when we pick we don't hear anything and if we try calling back, the numbers don't connect. I browsed on the numbers and some were Somalia, some were Libya..different numbers kept calling and deep down I knew it was Jeffrey trying to get through to us.

Since April, there has being no strange flash or call from any international number, it was much better when we kept receiving those strange calls because at least we knew he was alright but now we don't know what is happening. I've browsed online, checking for details on travelling out of the country by road, the risk and all.. its 9 months since he went missing and no word at all from him or his friend.I heard if one is caught, you would be deported back to your country within a month. I feel he has being caught but what I don't know is why he has not being deported. Or why they have not called his family. Just last week, we were still told by a man of God that he is alive but in pains.

He is the only boy and my mum is barely keeping it together. Please anyone who knows anything at all about how this thing works should please comment, I need your advice and opinion on what to do or what to think. Thank you.

I am indeed sorry about your case and hope you and your family get a Happy Ending to this saga.

All I wanted to tell you is that Illegal Immigrants caught in African Countries are not usually deported like that o!! Most especially those who come in illegally via Land Borders as they are considered to be poor and desperate and don't have the same clout most air travelers have. I have heard first hand accounts from people who have dared and succeeded and it's not something remotely tolerable.

I don't like Pastors.. So I wouldn't even advice your family to keep towing that line. It would cost your family monies that they could be channelling to more useful means of finding him.

I wish I had more useful ideas for you but I really don't. I am hoping your brother was not dumb enough to dare an illegal land border crossing to the UAE.. That Journey is a Journey that spans months to years for people without an endless source of cash as most people run out of money before they even approach the second border and that's when Shit gets very real.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by faultless: 3:11am On Jun 22, 2015
All the people telling you guys that he is alive but in pains maybe very correct because travelling overseas by road is the worst thing that can happen to someone in a lifetime. Thank God they have always told you people that he is still alive because many have died on that route. So much hazards associated with travelling overseas by road and one annoying thing about those on that route is that they have a slogan "Forward Ever Backward Never ". May God bring home safely and in good condition.
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Lexusgs430: 3:44am On Jun 22, 2015
Hopefully he has not be put on one of those boats from Libya to lampedusa, that we hear keeps getting into difficulties on high seas.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by horpeyvictor: 4:25am On Jun 22, 2015
Ur brother is comin bck ohm ,u just ave faith in God
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Nobody: 5:49am On Jun 22, 2015
jaynipez:

I am sorry it happened this way but my advice for you is to check online the prison names of this countries you think he might follow may be he was caught and put in prison ia m telling u a lot of Nigerians are in prisons in all this African countries u will marvel at the number of them there
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by organicfoods(m): 5:49am On Jun 22, 2015
Those international number could be a serious clue to his location. You can call the Nigerian embassy of those countries, who knows they might be of help.

I hope he's alive though. I have a Feeling he's in jail or been held against his wish on things he did or didn't do.

He has a chance of surviving, Nigerian abroad are die hard bullet proof hustler. Your brother seems to be one. Good luck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The 100+ Most Beautiful And Breathtaking Places In The World (pictures) / Pictures Of The Most Beautiful Local Govt. Headquarters In Nigeria,ikot Ekpene / Boat Carrying 200 Passengers Break Into 2 In River Niger, Many Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.