Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Help!!! My Brother Is Missing - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help!!! My Brother Is Missing (52956 Views)

Policeman Caused Death Of My Brother In Accident In Warri - Man Cries Out (Pics) / Pls Help My Brother Is Stranded In Califonia / Pls Help My Brother Is Missing In Tripoli Libya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Nobody: 6:09am On Jun 22, 2015
That rought is a no no no, keep praying he gets back, that is a journey beween life and death. He could be labouring for one Arabo at the moment to raise fun for the next destination.
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by EGUNSOLA14: 6:22am On Jun 22, 2015
God The Almighty Shall Bring Back Your Brother Soonest.Just Believed, And It Is Well.
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by mitchyy(f): 6:46am On Jun 22, 2015
Now this just brought tears to my eyes. My two elder brothers, Abel and Amos did same thing. Its been 7 years now and not a word from them. When I think about it, my entire day gets ruined. I really hope they are still alive cry
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Caseless: 6:57am On Jun 22, 2015
Moana:
Dont know why he such an unwise choice but i hope he will get in touch soon
undecided undecided angry
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by edpunter(m): 7:05am On Jun 22, 2015
Touching story!!!

Jennifer with your storyline I'm so sure your brother is about 18-21yrs old cos if he's older he should have thought calling won't work out unless you are given the time to do so, he should have sent a text message any means he got letting you know the situation in just a line (SIST. AM ALIVE in Libya but it ain't easy) only if he's in Libya, nowhere is easy in abroad without legal papers talk.less of no passport.

My dear, the truth is bitter but traveling by road is of 2(two) ways: LIVE OR DIE cos it entails God's favor & money to scale through. Recently, it's really cumbersome cos if you got no money along the line those blooded war lords in Libya and environs will eliminate someone in micro secs then still rip you off with the lil' you got.

Well, your brother isn't wise enough cos he should have confided in someone giving him/her heads up rather than solo moves. I don't know if anyone has told you this but listen, Nigeria Embassy's or consulates abroad has made it so difficult to deport their citizens, so majority of them end up in foreign prisons when caught without papers on the street and if you ain't in police custody you must need a copy of your data page or any form of identification to show you are Nigerian and evidence of return ticket to get a travel certificate, its not that easy to deport someone without papers from North Africa or Asia.

Funny Nigerian pastors will say he's alive but in pains and they can't find his location or pray to their God to revive him, what kinda bible are they reading or Paul and Silas wasn't vindicated when they were in captivity? Jennifer, keep looking unto God to keep him safe and give him quick memory to think fast wherever he's and please go on with your daily activities believing he's gonna call ya someday.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by jessBoitumelo: 7:20am On Jun 22, 2015
my dear remain steadfast in prayers and leave all those pastor hear/see for me thing.meanwhile, are you a catholic? If you are, you can say the Saint Anthony's prayer on your bro's behalf.He's a founder of lost things.
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 22, 2015
mitchyy:
Now this just brought tears to my eyes. My two elder brothers, Abel and Amos did same thing. Its been 7 years now and not a word from them. When I think about it, my entire day gets ruined. I really hope they are still alive cry

For real?

Am sorry about that dear.

I know a son of a neighbour back in the day who treck sha, only for him to call his family 2years later from spain. He made it, got deported some years later.

Sad sad.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 22, 2015
Op, your bro made a very bad decision. He probably doesn't know - and that's weird considering the news we hear and read online everyday about this inter-country treckers and immigration laws.

this is the worst time to travel to Libya enroute Somalia.

I hope he survives it.
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by justwise(m): 7:35am On Jun 22, 2015
Joavid:
Op, your bro made a very bad decision. He probably doesn't know - and that's weird considering the news we hear and read online everyday about this inter-country treckers and immigration laws.

this is the worst time to travel to Libya enroute Somalia.

I hope he survives it.

You are right, i saw this on the news this morning about what immigrants go through in Libya

http://news.sky.com/story/1506178/revealed-brutal-treatment-of-trapped-migrants

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by pedel: 7:38am On Jun 22, 2015
Your brother will come home.
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 22, 2015
jaynipez:
Hi everyone, I'm called Jennifer.. Let me start by saying I'm not the type to post my problems online but I really need as many advice, opinion and information as I can get.

My brother's name is Jeffrey, he just finisged his OND at marine time academy oron. I last spoke to him on the 3rd of October 2014 after sending him the money he has being asking me for. On the 7th of October, a friend of his called me asking if I had seen or heard from him, I said no and he said my brother Jeffrey left his house at Uyo on the 5th of October with his brother Allwell (who is a very close friend of my brother and also stays with his family at uyo) and that he has not heard from them since then. He said my brother went with his phone but his own brother didn't. I called my brother's line countless times but it was switched off, I also called all of his friends I knew but no one had seen him. The next day my mum travelled to Uyo in search of him. She met with All well ' s parents and they went to several police stations to make their complaints, posted their pictures in the newspaper and did all the necessary things even went as far as visiting mortuaries. All to no avail. After a few days my mum came back to lagos and started visiting pastor's, prophets just to hear from God. They all said my brother is alive but that he is in pains. No one could tell us where exactly he is or what to do to get him back. We just kept on praying and believing God. Also checked online on all the social network sites he is a part of but he has not been online.

A few days later a boy called my mum, he said he saw my brothers picture in the paper and that my brother is not missing. According to him, my brother and his friend Allwell confided in him that they were travelling out of the country by road and that they would not tell any of their family members until they get there. When I heard this I was a bit shocked cos I am very close to him and I felt he would've told me and also because his passport was amongst the things he left behind. The only thing missing was a few clothes and his school OND certificate. Jeffrey had always wanted to travel to Qatar. according to him, in Qatar, life was a bed of roses and you make a lot of money within a week. But my dad asked him to finish his HND first.

Between December last year to March this year, my mum and I kept receiving strange calls from different international numbers but when we pick we don't hear anything and if we try calling back, the numbers don't connect. I browsed on the numbers and some were Somalia, some were Libya..different numbers kept calling and deep down I knew it was Jeffrey trying to get through to us.

Since April, there has being no strange flash or call from any international number, it was much better when we kept receiving those strange calls because at least we knew he was alright but now we don't know what is happening. I've browsed online, checking for details on travelling out of the country by road, the risk and all.. its 9 months since he went missing and no word at all from him or his friend.I heard if one is caught, you would be deported back to your country within a month. I feel he has being caught but what I don't know is why he has not being deported. Or why they have not called his family. Just last week, we were still told by a man of God that he is alive but in pains.

He is the only boy and my mum is barely keeping it together. Please anyone who knows anything at all about how this thing works should please comment, I need your advice and opinion on what to do or what to think. Thank you.

Sorry o
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by ify23ng: 8:45am On Jun 22, 2015
Can I share this story with u?

A young man had been to Wednesday Night Bible Study. The Pastor had shared about listening to GOD and
obeying the Lord's voice. The young man couldn't help but wonder, 'Does GOD still speak to people?'
After service, he went out with some friends for coffee and pie and they discussed the message.
Several different ones talked about how GOD had led them in different ways.
It was about ten o'clock when the young man started driving home, and he prayed; ' GOD...If you still speak to people, speak to me. I will listen. I will do my best to obey.' As he drove down the main street of his town, he had the strangest thought to stop and buy a gallon of milk. He shook his head and said out loud, GOD is that you?' He didn't get a reply and started on toward home. But again, the thought, buy a gallon of milk came. The young man thought about Samuel and how he didn't recognize the voice of GOD, and how little Samuel ran to Eli. 'Okay, GOD, in case that is you, I will buy the milk.' It didn't seem like too hard a test of obedience. He could always use the milk. He stopped and purchased the gallon of milk and started off toward home.
As he passed Seventh Street , he again felt the urge, 'Turn Down that street.' This is crazy he thought, and drove on past the intersection. Again, he felt that he should turn down Seventh Street .At the next intersection; he turned back and headed down Seventh. Half jokingly, he said out loud,’ Okay, GOD I will.' He drove several blocks, when suddenly, he felt like he should stop. He pulled over to the curb and looked around. He was in a semi- commercial area of town. It wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst of neighborhoods either. The businesses were closed and most of the houses looked dark like the people were already in bed. Again, he sensed something, 'Go and give the milk to the people in the house across the street' The young man looked at the house. It was dark and it looked like the people were either gone or they were already asleep. He started to open the door and then sat back in the car seat 'Lord, this is insane. Those people are asleep and if I wake them up, they are going to be mad and I will look stupid.' Again, he felt like he should go and give the milk. Finally, he opened the door, 'Okay GOD, if this is you, I will go to the door and I will give them the milk. If you want me to look like a crazy person, okay. I want to be obedient. I guess that will count for something, but if they don't answer right away, I am out of here.' He walked across the street and rang the bell. He could hear some noise inside. A man's voice yelled out, 'Who is it? What do you want?’ Then the door opened before the young man could get away. The man was standing there in his jeans and T-shirt. He looked like he just got out of bed. He had a strange look on his face and he didn't seem too happy to have some stranger standing on his doorstep. 'What is it?' The young man thrust out the gallon of milk, Here, I brought this to you.' The man took the milk and rushed down a hallway. Then from down the hall came a woman carrying the milk towards the kitchen. The man was following her holding a baby. The baby was crying. The man had tears streaming down his face. The man began speaking and half crying, 'We were just praying. We had some big bills this month and we ran out of money. We didn't have any milk for our baby. I was just praying and asking God to show me how to get some milk.
His wife in the kitchen yelled out, 'I ask him to send an Angel with some. Are you an angel?
The young man reached into his wallet and pulled out all the money he had on him and put in the man’s hand. He turned and walked back to his car and the tears were streaming down his face. He knew that GOD still answers prayers.
If you believe that GOD is alive and well, send this to at least ten people. This is an easy test -you score 100 or zero. It's your choice. If you aren’t ashamed to do this, please follow the direction. JESUS said” If you are ashamed of me, I will be ashamed of you before my Father

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by babyBB: 9:02am On Jun 22, 2015
mitchyy:
there is nothing too hard for the God of all flesh to do my own brother left home since 2005 but in 2013 8years later God used his servant to prophesy his coming home and he came back and we are reunited as on whole family glory be to God. God dat did it for us can also do it for u

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by scachy(m): 9:18am On Jun 22, 2015
jaynipez:
Hi everyone, I'm called Jennifer.. Let me start by saying I'm not the type to post my problems online but I really need as many advice, opinion and information as I can get.

My brother's name is Jeffrey, he just finisged his OND at marine time academy oron. I last spoke to him on the 3rd of October 2014 after sending him the money he has being asking me for. On the 7th of October, a friend of his called me asking if I had seen or heard from him, I said no and he said my brother Jeffrey left his house at Uyo on the 5th of October with his brother Allwell (who is a very close friend of my brother and also stays with his family at uyo) and that he has not heard from them since then. He said my brother went with his phone but his own brother didn't. I called my brother's line countless times but it was switched off, I also called all of his friends I knew but no one had seen him. The next day my mum travelled to Uyo in search of him. She met with All well ' s parents and they went to several police stations to make their complaints, posted their pictures in the newspaper and did all the necessary things even went as far as visiting mortuaries. All to no avail. After a few days my mum came back to lagos and started visiting pastor's, prophets just to hear from God. They all said my brother is alive but that he is in pains. No one could tell us where exactly he is or what to do to get him back. We just kept on praying and believing God. Also checked online on all the social network sites he is a part of but he has not been online.

A few days later a boy called my mum, he said he saw my brothers picture in the paper and that my brother is not missing. According to him, my brother and his friend Allwell confided in him that they were travelling out of the country by road and that they would not tell any of their family members until they get there. When I heard this I was a bit shocked cos I am very close to him and I felt he would've told me and also because his passport was amongst the things he left behind. The only thing missing was a few clothes and his school OND certificate. Jeffrey had always wanted to travel to Qatar. according to him, in Qatar, life was a bed of roses and you make a lot of money within a week. But my dad asked him to finish his HND first.

Between December last year to March this year, my mum and I kept receiving strange calls from different international numbers but when we pick we don't hear anything and if we try calling back, the numbers don't connect. I browsed on the numbers and some were Somalia, some were Libya..different numbers kept calling and deep down I knew it was Jeffrey trying to get through to us.

Since April, there has being no strange flash or call from any international number, it was much better when we kept receiving those strange calls because at least we knew he was alright but now we don't know what is happening. I've browsed online, checking for details on travelling out of the country by road, the risk and all.. its 9 months since he went missing and no word at all from him or his friend.I heard if one is caught, you would be deported back to your country within a month. I feel he has being caught but what I don't know is why he has not being deported. Or why they have not called his family. Just last week, we were still told by a man of God that he is alive but in pains.

He is the only boy and my mum is barely keeping it together. Please anyone who knows anything at all about how this thing works should please comment, I need your advice and opinion on what to do or what to think. Thank you.
Dear sis, honestly I feel d pains n trauma u n ur Mum is going through and am also short of words, but what more can I say than to keep ur head up n try to keep d faith, hope n faith is d only thing that see us through in this horrible life. But be that as it may, the common truth and facts about going to abroad by foot is that it comes with lots of high risk, it simply means trekking to oversea through d deserts, but from d previous facts gathered from people that tried this method were scary, they normally left in groups of say 50 persons, but at the end, only a few ll survive it cos most of the time de run out of water, n food, alas, DE resort to drinking their urine and at d end so many of them get dried up n die in d desert.some ll be devoured by wild animals. Am not telling u this to scare u but u needed to know cos u asked for it. Nevertheless, nothin is impossible for God to do, ur family should never relent in praying for him. If it's really true that what his friend told u guys is true that he told him(his friend) in confidence that he intends going abroad by foot, God willing, he ll be among d few survivors of this horrible venture. God could send them a rescuers. Pray hard n try to keep your faith.

Please my fellow Nairalanders, let no one ever try embarking on this fruitless journey in quest to travel abroad cos d experience is horrible n life threatening.
Don't even try staying abroad illegally not to talk of going to abroad through d desert by foot.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by walosha(f): 9:19am On Jun 22, 2015
With prayer and fasting he will return hopefuly !
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 22, 2015
justwise:

You are right, i saw this on the news this morning about what immigrants go through in Libya

http://news.sky.com/story/1506178/revealed-brutal-treatment-of-trapped-migrants

..Just read it

So so bad.

All the op and her family can do now is pray and hope.
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by jaynipez(f): 9:44am On Jun 22, 2015
These are the numbers...+25270200698, +22521790676, +919015404274 and +494351485875
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by justwise(m): 9:59am On Jun 22, 2015
@babyBB

Avoid using this thread to solicit for clients.
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by UnclePati: 10:00am On Jun 22, 2015
My brother steven ifeanyichukwu Ugeh is also missing. He was taken @ gunpoint on the 27th of February 2015 @ okpanam Asaba delta state while supervising my building project.

First we taught it's just kidnapping and maybe it's money they want. But this appears to be wrong. It's 5months now. Yet to word no txt no phone call no email from the people that took him.

Ifeanyi is a grown man. His 30yrs old his single and not financially buoyant. His still struggling and hustling like everyone else.

Family have gone places in search of him.
Spiritual and otherwise. all we hear is that his alive but not well. His in pains.

My sister put up missing person advert on news papers. And a man called claiming he saw ifeanyi somewhere at ore ondo state and that he has lost his mind.

After series of conversation with the man, he demanded for 100,000 before he will tell us where ifeanyi is.

We agreed to pay him but requested for an account number. Or a meeting place. D man suspected we would arrest him and switched off. He blanked out all communication with us. Now we r completely in the dark.

We need help. We want ifeanyi back.
I read plenty of missing person story these days online. I read of kidnapping for ransome and ritual killings and I get scared not knowing what fate has befallen my brother.

What a wicked world we live in.
May God help us all.
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by justwise(m): 10:01am On Jun 22, 2015
jaynipez:
These are the numbers...+25270200698, +22521790676, +919015404274 and +494351485875

Please be careful with anybody who will contact you in private promising to help for any financial gain. Some Nigerians can be heartless.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by akudinaobi(m): 10:03am On Jun 22, 2015
Dear poster
Try an upload their pictures so that differnt nigeria consulate in the araab region will assist in looking for them
God be with you
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by justwise(m): 10:03am On Jun 22, 2015
UnclePati:
My brother steven ifeanyichukwu Ugeh is also missing. He was taken @ gunpoint on the 27th of February 2015 @ okpanam Asaba delta state while supervising my building project.

First we taught it's just kidnapping and maybe it's money they want. But this appears to be wrong. It's 5months now. Yet to word no txt no phone call no email from the people that took him.

Ifeanyi is a grown man. His 30yrs old his single and not financially buoyant. His still struggling and hustling like everyone else.

Family have gone places in search of him.
Spiritual and otherwise. all we hear is that his alive but not well. His in pains.

My sister put up missing person advert on news papers. And a man called claiming he saw ifeanyi somewhere at ore ondo state and that he has lost his mind.

After series of conversation with the man, he demanded for 100,000 before he will tell us where ifeanyi is.

We agreed to pay him but requested for an account number. Or a meeting place. D man suspected we would arrest him and switched off. He blanked out all communication with us. Now we r completely in the dark.

We need help. We want ifeanyi back.
I read plenty of missing person story these days online. I read of kidnapping for ransome and ritual killings and I get scared not knowing what fate has befallen my brother.

What a wicked world we live in.
May God help us all.

Post this here https://www.nairaland.com/crime
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 22, 2015
One of the Numbers is Indian (+91), therefore the hope of being alive is higher than in North Africa. Keep the hope alive. I guess its just so tough that they can't afford to make international calls.

jaynipez:

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by fpeter(f): 10:20am On Jun 22, 2015
mitchyy:

I know this feeling, my uncle got married and his wife had just put to bed,one day he woke up and went to work. Till date we have not seen nor heard from him, his daughter is now in secondary school....we went everywhere,sort different pastors,we believe he tried to travel or was kidnapped and killed by those people in Ladipo that he worked with...till date we have no closure...they also told us that he is alive but in serious pain almost mentally deranged..one said "odindu onwu kaya nma" (he's alive but death would be better). cry
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by ifyclose2(m): 10:38am On Jun 22, 2015
jaynipez:

Why not contact d authorities of these countries online, and provide them with d numbers, so they can trace d owner?.....because those phone lines are certainly registered.
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by babyBB: 10:47am On Jun 22, 2015
justwise:
@babyBB

Avoid using this thread to solicit for clients.
sorry dats not wat it is more over am not running any business looking for client I just felt pity for her family because I had I similar story and I tot I could help her
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by justwise(m): 11:08am On Jun 22, 2015
babyBB:
sorry dats not wat it is more over am not running any business looking for client I just felt pity for her family because I had I similar story and I tot I could help her

You really believed that any prophet has the power to locate her brother?
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Missing by babyBB: 11:25am On Jun 22, 2015
justwise:

You really believed that any prophet has the power to locate her brother?
I believe dat God can use a prophet to locate her brother because am a living testimony to dat my brother was missing for 8 years and God u a man of God and now my brother is back. I know dat there are a lot of fake prophets around now but dat doesn't mean dat there are no REAL ones. See if it doesn't happen to u I understand dat it will be difficult for u to believe it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The 100+ Most Beautiful And Breathtaking Places In The World (pictures) / Pictures Of The Most Beautiful Local Govt. Headquarters In Nigeria,ikot Ekpene / Boat Carrying 200 Passengers Break Into 2 In River Niger, Many Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.