Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,680 members, 7,955,511 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:00 AM

Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? (5027 Views)

Lady Shares Photos Of Her 11 Ex-Boyfriends Online / Why Do Guys Stalk On Their Exes On Social Media / Nigerians Describe Their Exes With A Nigerian Food (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by Youngpo413: 12:28am On Aug 04, 2015
To see the unfortunate man who finally takes that b!tch as a wife.
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 09, 2015
skyfullofstars:

U dont understand, im asking why would a girl invite his ex to the wedding?

Most girls do it cos they want to show off to the ex that they finally got a man but this guy's post captures how most guys really feel
nagreggory:
Why not? I'd like to witness
the dude dancing to the altar,
proud to be inheriting
my fairly used goods
grin

1 Like

Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by Gurgle(f): 6:48am On Aug 09, 2015
Yeah I don't get it either

I think cz in Nigeria their attitude is quite...how should I say...relaxed? like they don't seem to hold things that seriously, they just think ok it didn't work out so its no big deal if I invite them

if you did that here your fiancé would definitely have something to say lol
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 09, 2015
Gurgle:
Yeah I don't get it either

I think cz in Nigeria their attitude is quite...how should I say...relaxed? like they don't seem to hold things that seriously, they just think ok it didn't work out so its no big deal if I invite them

if you did that here your fiancé would definitely have something to say lol

Have something to say like.......
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by Gurgle(f): 6:54am On Aug 09, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Have something to say like.......

like why are you inviting him, what has it got to do with him, do you still have feelings for him, I don't want him there, blah blah

I wouldn't bring him, its too awkward and I would already be nervous that day

So Im guessing youd bring her??
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 09, 2015
Gurgle:

like why are you inviting him, what has it got to do with him, do you still have feelings for him, I don't want him there, blah blah

I wouldn't bring him, its too awkward and I would already be nervous that day

So Im guessing youd bring her??

Naaah. Never. I actually feel its a stùpid move too
There was this one however, the reason for our breakup was a very peculiar one
and we remained good friends she invited me telling me she would be happy if I was there
Didnt go but Im sure if I had a chance Id have been there
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by Gurgle(f): 7:06am On Aug 09, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Naaah. Never. I actually feel its a stùpid move too
There was this one however, the reason for our breakup was a very peculiar one
and we remained good friends she invited me telling me she would be happy if I was there
Didnt go but Im sure if I had a chance Id have been there

yeah there are some exceptions to the rule. and I guess guys will have more exes than girls, some broken up with in better circumstances than others

but I have noticed in Nigeria the vibe is less icy
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 09, 2015
Gurgle:

yeah there are some exceptions to the rule. and I guess guys will have more exes than girls, some broken up with in better circumstances than others

but I have noticed in Nigeria the vibe is less icy

Yeah. But I feel they (the girls) are just pretending
Mostly its done to try rub it in the guy's face
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by Gurgle(f): 7:12am On Aug 09, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Yeah. But I feel they (the girls) are just pretending
Mostly its done to try rub it in the guy's face

Lol

hmm if I wanted to rub something in I just leave them, because that shows how much I don't care

inviting him means you care what he thinks, which I dont

1 Like

Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 09, 2015
Gurgle:

Lol

hmm if I wanted to rub something in I just leave them, because that shows how much I don't care

inviting him means you care what he thinks, which I dont

Oh yes I believe so too.
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by Lisaflex(f): 9:31am On Aug 09, 2015
nagreggory:
Why not? I'd like to witness the dude dancing to the altar, proud to be inheriting my fairly used goods grin
N u r not fairly used? Sm guys tho
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by DaisyII: 3:55pm On Aug 09, 2015
kossyablaze:
Because Lil wayne said"Fvck a nigga wife and eat his wedding cake".........my ex...I screw am tire and still ate her hobbies wedding cake.#Gangsta#thuglife.........Warning*Karma dey o!

what positive difference did it make in your life?

Did it make you a better person?

Sometimes,i wonder if i'm going to get married when i read some male posts here.lolzzz
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by chigoizie7(m): 4:34pm On Aug 09, 2015
skyfullofstars:
Hello guys, thank you for your help. I'm not Nigerian, and there's something in your culture that I have not been able to understand yet...
Hope you can explain it to me! smiley

Why women invite their ex bf to their wedding?

For example, I date a guy. Then we break up, and a couple of years later I get married with another guy. I invite my ex to the wedding.

I can't understand how it works!!

1) There's a reason why I broke up with my ex boyfriend. However, it seems that things are alright, cause I invite him to my wedding? So we had a good relationship, yet I broke up with him?!

2) won't my fiancé be jealous?!

3) Won't my ex be sad during the wedding, remembering our times together, knowking we will never be together again?

In my own culture, once I've broken up with an ex, there's no way I will invite him to my wedding, so it's hard for me to understand.

Please mature responses, i'm curious and want to understand... Thank u!

*ur culture s different from ours and u must not understand why it is so. it makes us who we are.

*for the fact that he/she is your ex does not mean they are ur enemies, there are reasons why it didn't work out between the both of you.

*it takes enough maturity to invite your ex to your wedding, since u guys have both understood that it didn't work out for u two,thus, moving on and being happy for u.

*not all relationships leads to marriage, certain people are only good for marriage while others are good for dating.( If u doubt it, ask me why,how, I will explain better)
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by chigoizie7(m): 4:46pm On Aug 09, 2015
As for me? She invites me or not, am going mehn.

*to see the guy now chopping my left over and even rejoicing over it and even spent money on top the matter.

*am gonna attend the wedding with my latest and sharpest babe, and am gonna do all the lovey dovey with my bae and make sure she sees us.

*am gonna come with my new evogue(range rover) and am gonna spray her enuf cash, and den, am gonna whisper to d guys ear, " bros, am d guy dat open ur goods 1st, so njoi her cos I know she is sweet"

#quotemeandgetKleg
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by kossyablaze(m): 5:09pm On Aug 09, 2015
DaisyII:

what positive difference did it make in your life?

Did it make you a better person?

Sometimes,i wonder if i'm going to get married when i read some male posts here.lolzzz
Haba abeg o!we just say dem for fun.Not like I meant it tho.Hwz ur day going?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by baralatie(m): 5:14pm On Aug 09, 2015
mebad:
the world doesnt have to end because it didnt work
that is answer!
your ex is happy for you joy and progress in life!
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by DaisyII: 7:20pm On Aug 09, 2015
kossyablaze:
Haba abeg o!we just say dem for fun.Not like I meant it tho.Hwz ur day going?

Choose your words carefully!

My day was great.How bout' yours?
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by kossyablaze(m): 8:35pm On Aug 09, 2015
DaisyII:

Choose your words carefully!

My day was great.How bout' yours?
learnt!....was very perfect.how bout we get off here n chat well maybe on fb

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by adepiero: 8:42pm On Aug 09, 2015
Because it didn't work doesn't mean you can't stay together as friends. Some ppl are better off as friends than lovers. So its not like you are inviting a lover but a friend!

BTW, which country are you from? undecided
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by Penssuwa(m): 8:46pm On Aug 09, 2015
Depends on how the relationship ended and your closeness with him or her then. If you see anybody saying that he and the ex remained friends after break up, just know that they were never truely in love.
Except there is passage of TIME... time can obscure sone facts.
Coincidentally, my exe's wedding is this w'kend. I wld go if i were close to the state. We didn't go far... just school tins
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by DaisyII: 8:57pm On Aug 09, 2015
kossyablaze:
learnt!....was very perfect.how bout we get off here n chat well maybe on fb

not yet
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by kossyablaze(m): 11:32pm On Aug 09, 2015
DaisyII:

not yet
lol wat u waitn for?come on Daisy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by cronsberg: 11:47pm On Aug 09, 2015
My wife to be dare not invite any f*&king ex our wedding. Because as soon as i notice any ex, am collecting a microphone and publicly ending the wedding right there. What nonsense. Her inviting her ex means she still has contact with them, which also implies she has some feelings for them even remotely, which further implies she might be imaging something ....... i got zero tolerance for that shiiiiit mehn. You want me to marry you, then all i ask is no contact with any ex under any circumstance, not even males not related to you by blood. Call me all fashioned, or insecure, or jealous or whatever but i can't fall victim to women's deceptive ways.
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by DaisyII: 6:35pm On Aug 10, 2015
kossyablaze:
lol wat u waitn for?come on Daisy

c'mon kossy. cheesy
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by kossyablaze(m): 10:14pm On Aug 10, 2015
DaisyII:

c'mon kossy. cheesy
yeah ryt

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by DaisyII: 12:25pm On Aug 11, 2015
kossyablaze:
yeah ryt
you can send me a pm
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by kossyablaze(m): 12:47pm On Aug 11, 2015
DaisyII:

you can send me a pm
at? Inbox me on fb hon

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by DaisyII: 1:10pm On Aug 11, 2015
kossyablaze:
at? Inbox me on fb hon
Your I.d
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by laksmi(f): 1:10pm On Aug 11, 2015
[color=#770077][/color]is nt wrong 4 a lady or a guy 2 invite his or Exs 2 dia wedding. I will say if d guy doesn't value d lady am very sure dat new guy will surely value her cos wat d new guy saw in d lady's body d old one might nt c it or I say d old one might b type dat likes flirting around wit ladies nd d lady might not like it at all vice versa....
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 11, 2015
zoeee:

Mmmm... I see... Please modify your question...
@Your personal text, and you think it is only girls that do? or all girls that do?
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by kossyablaze(m): 1:22pm On Aug 11, 2015
DaisyII:

Your I.d
Kossy michael scot

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by zoeee(f): 2:47pm On Aug 11, 2015
blublahd:

@Your personal text, and you think it is only girls that do? or all girls that do?

If you had read well, you would have seen #In my opinion#....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Feel Guilty- I Slept With My Friend's Girlfriend. / A Message For Seun! From A Concerned Nairaland User / OMG! This Lady Claims To Have The Biggest Butt On Instagram [Video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.