Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546847 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 10:04am On Sep 28, 2010
@ seedord247, it's quite unfortunate that you applied to a school that requires some form of committment before issuing an admission letter and I-20. Did you not apply to other schools? If that's your only option then you can go ahead and make the payment so your documents can arrive in time for your chosen appointment date. So, go ahead if you're out of options.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 10:16am On Sep 28, 2010
@ cuddlemii, book an appointment early, say November so you can have enough time prepare for your trip. I won't advise anyone resuming school 1st week of January to book an appointment late in December.

Now that you got your I-20, you can pay your SEVIS fee and also book your appointment. Just take it a step at a time.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 11:17pm On Sep 28, 2010
HI GUYS I NEED HELP OH
I NEED TO CHANGE SOME INFORMATION REGARDING THE SCHOOL I WILL BE ATTENDING ON MY DS160 FORM. I JUST GOT ANOTHER ADMISSION AND WANT TO USE THE NeW I 20 FOR INTERVIEW.
THE PROBLEM IS THAT I HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED MY DS160.
I NEED THE ADVICE OF THE GURUS IN THE HOUSE ASAP.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Dantecmu(m): 12:01am On Sep 29, 2010
benom:

HI GUYS I NEED HELP OH
I NEED TO CHANGE SOME INFORMATION REGARDING THE SCHOOL I WILL BE ATTENDING ON MY DS160 FORM. I JUST GOT ANOTHER ADMISSION AND WANT TO USE THE NeW I 20 FOR INTERVIEW.
THE PROBLEM IS THAT I HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED MY DS160.
I NEED THE ADVICE OF THE GURUS IN THE HOUSE ASAP.

benom
well you can feel as much DS156form as you wish the one you present to them at the consular is the one that would be used ok,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 6:27am On Sep 29, 2010
@DANTECMU, I DID NOT FILL DS 156. THE NEW ONE IS DS 160 AND ITS SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY. ONCE SUBMITTED, IT CANNOT BE MODIFIED.

HAVE ANYONE HAD ANY CAUSE TO FILL A FRESH DS160 FORM IN THIS HOUSE. PLEASE HELP OH!
DO I HAVE TO CANCEL MY APPOINTMENT FIRST, I REALLY NEED TO CHANGE THE SCHOOL. I GOT A BETTER OFFER FROM ILLINOIS. I NEED TO KNOW OH, ANYONE DONE IT BEFORE, PLS PLS PLS.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abgovernor: 9:30am On Sep 29, 2010
benom:

@DANTECMU, I DID NOT FILL DS 156. THE NEW ONE IS DS 160 AND ITS SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY. ONCE SUBMITTED, IT CANNOT BE MODIFIED.

HAVE ANYONE HAD ANY CAUSE TO FILL A FRESH DS160 FORM IN THIS HOUSE. PLEASE HELP OH!
DO I HAVE TO CANCEL MY APPOINTMENT FIRST, I REALLY NEED TO CHANGE THE SCHOOL. I GOT A BETTER OFFER FROM ILLINOIS. I NEED TO KNOW OH, ANYONE DONE IT BEFORE, PLS PLS PLS.

I have not experienced what you just ask, but i am happy to hear that you will be going to illinois b'cos thats where i got ma admission.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 10:22am On Sep 29, 2010
benom:

u have to fill anoda ds-160 cos the sch details has changed, and u can can modify the info on ur application(appointment) to match the new ds-160 info,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sanciro: 11:18am On Sep 29, 2010
hello superbrain,will be very glad if you can drop ur email address here cos i need to send u some Personal mails like dat.

hope to get back from you ASAP

SANCIRO
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sanciro: 3:19pm On Sep 29, 2010
waiting for u brainy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by lakesyde07: 3:45pm On Sep 29, 2010
@superbrain; I tot as much,thanks for your advice.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 5:55pm On Sep 29, 2010
When i cancel my appointment, do i have to submit another ds160?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sanciro: 9:10pm On Sep 29, 2010
benom:

When i cancel my appointment, do i have to submit another ds160?

@benom,u dont need to submit another ds 160 so far u are still using the same i20
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sanciro: 10:49pm On Sep 29, 2010
where are u brainy come on lets brainstorm.drop ur mail addy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 12:32am On Sep 30, 2010
sanciro:

where are u brainy come on lets brainstorm.drop your mail addy

Sorry bro, superbrainNL@gmail.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sanciro: 5:33am On Sep 30, 2010
hello guys in the house,its so unfortunate that i was denied on 20th  of sept at lagos consulate which i strongly believe its not the end of world.Right now i will be going back in forthnight tyme to get ma f1 visa granted.would av applied for graduate studies directly with ma HND but my GPA is very low which i might not meet up with the WES evaluation,i had 2.51 out of 4.0 so i had to applied as transfer student to northern arizona university which i will be spending a year then can now go for ma gradute study.But presently  i just finished ma NYSC like 3months ago and now helping ma dad with his small business because the consular asked me the other time that wat am i doing presently,told hm that i just finished ma youth service,should that be an excuse for him for ma denial or what?i also had all necessary documents that can back me up but he never requested for any including a provisional employment letter from a big and notable company that wants to offer me ajob after ma studies in the state.i need the whole house to help me out on aw i am going to prepare myself again,

hope to read from the house ASAP
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sanciro: 6:00am On Sep 30, 2010
Superbrain:

Sorry bro, superbrainNL@gmail.com

sent u a mail,try check it and reply bro
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 6:13am On Sep 30, 2010
THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR RESPONSES. I THINK I SHOULD MAKE MY SITUATION CLEARER SO THAT YOU CAN UNDERSTAND AND HELP ME OUT.

I GOT AN I20 IN AUGUST AND BOOKED FOR INTERVIEW FOR NOVEMBER. I ALSO FILLED MY DS160 AND SUBMITTED.

NOW I HAVE ANOTHER I20 FROM A DIFFERENT SCHOOL WHICH I STRONGLY PREFER TO THE SCHOOL I USED BEFORE.

I NEED TO CHANGE MY DETAILS AND I WAS TOLD THAT I CANNOT MODIFY MY DS160.

HOW DO I GO ABOUT THIS. I REALLY NEED HELP PLEASE AND I NEED IT QUICKLY.
THANK YOU
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 11:22am On Sep 30, 2010
benom:

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR RESPONSES. I THINK I SHOULD MAKE MY SITUATION CLEARER SO THAT YOU CAN UNDERSTAND AND HELP ME OUT.

I GOT AN I20 IN AUGUST AND BOOKED FOR INTERVIEW FOR NOVEMBER. I ALSO FILLED MY DS160 AND SUBMITTED.

NOW I HAVE ANOTHER I20 FROM A DIFFERENT SCHOOL WHICH I STRONGLY PREFER TO THE SCHOOL I USED BEFORE.

I NEED TO CHANGE MY DETAILS AND I WAS TOLD THAT I CANNOT MODIFY MY DS160.

HOW DO I GO ABOUT THIS. I REALLY NEED HELP PLEASE AND I NEED IT QUICKLY.
THANK YOU

Fill anoda DS160 entirely and use
ur new details
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by metodman(m): 11:45am On Sep 30, 2010
Hello,

My broda applied for usa visa a month ago,  and was rejected cos he wasnt with a document or something. He decided to re-apply and he did today. To my greatest suprise, He called me just now that he has been granted.

He said they gave him a slip,  Does that mean he has been granted? cos i no wan celebrate over nothing ooo

Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by teewee800: 12:34pm On Sep 30, 2010
Hi folks,just joined the house.Will like to apply for admission to the state next year,what are the documents and steps to take.will be glad to receive help.

Thanks

TEEWEE
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 3:22pm On Sep 30, 2010
Hey nairalanders,I got d greatest good news on this thread.Hmmmmmmm, I was denied last month in abuja by a mean guy bt I wasn't disturbed cos I got my job here.I got a scholarship to study Private pilot(helicopter) and applied but was denied,I re-applied and have been giving the visa.I will share d good news soon and how it went but my advice to all applicants,pls be truthful,compose urself and importantly PRAY TO GOD for divine favor,if u drink cmon stop it and reduce d way u poke around,am saying my own now oooooooo cs they reduces a lot in someones life.I will share d good news,am over happy oo,ehn,God is great o.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 3:26pm On Sep 30, 2010
It was my turn and I went to d guy that denied me before,I was disturbed but he checked and saw that he denied me and said,am gonna pass ur docs to d next cubicle,I was scared cs I didn't wanna go to d chinese woman who has interviewed a couple for almost 35mins.

Here it goes:

Me-Good mornin wit a smile

Consular-good morning and did I call you?

Me-am sorry and I went

Consular-come come come,lemme do it for u then

Me-no prb

Consular-why u going to USA?

Me-going for helicopter flight training

Consular-which school and why d skool?

Me-Universal helicopters and cos d school uses the most modern and safest fleet for training which is robinson R22 and robinson R44 compared to d one they use in Nigeria which is Piper and Cherokee

Consular-whao,that's true

Me-my mind was bouncing like tennis ball!

Consular-who manufacture Robinson

Me-Mr Robinson offcourse!

Consular-Good,so where is the cyclic
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 3:28pm On Sep 30, 2010
In an aircraft?

Me-left bt wasn't sure

Consular-where do u work?

Me-i work as assistant lecturer In an aviation school and I teach basics of aero dynamics

Consular-so what's causes lift?

Me-d air moves across d wings of an aircraft.according to benouilli law,an 18th italian scientist,when d air across d wings is higher than d below,therefore d pressure below d wings will lift up d aircraft

Consular-Hmm, perfect

Me-disturbed,lol cs they are silent killers

Consular-whos gonna sponsor u?

Me-world hope foundation cs I came ist in pilot skills assessment test on oct 10 09 and I handed dea acct statement

Consular-ok ok ok take dis green card and pick up ur visa in this addy on tuesday and have a nice training

Me-thanks and bye

Ha,pls believe in God and stay away frm sin o,fasting doesn't kill,I am a glutton but I fasted.everyone was just congratulating me,even d guards
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 3:30pm On Sep 30, 2010
My advice for nairalanders is that u shd truthful wit ur applications so that u have confidence,PLS!!Can't wait to meet oyewoles,nethacker,femilangy and others who I didn't mention! Cs I went awol when I was denied ist time!

Thanks all ooo and if anyone needs my help,even for prayers,don't hesitate to contact me@olamideng2008@yahoo.com or cappadona03 on yahoo messenger
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 3:32pm On Sep 30, 2010
Metodman is my broda!hai bro,am happy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gbemoo4ty: 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2010
teewee800 call me an 07035515802

we can assist u, on student admission.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sanciro: 7:37pm On Sep 30, 2010
Cappadona123:

My advice for nairalanders is that u shd truthful wit your applications so that u have confidence,PLS!!Can't wait to meet oyewoles,nethacker,femilangy and others who I didn't mention! Cs I went awol when I was denied ist time!

Thanks all ooo and if anyone needs my help,even for prayers,don't hesitate to contact me@olamideng2008@yahoo.com or cappadona03 on yahoo messenger

@CAPPADONA,sent u a mail now,try get back to me ASAP
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 8:14pm On Sep 30, 2010
I have not receive any message bro
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sanciro: 1:03am On Oct 01, 2010
Cappadona123:

I have not receive any message bro

@cappadona,are u sure u gave the right addy cos it doesnt deliver at all.we can as well do it so that others can benefit from it.just check out ma previous posts to see aw u could be of help me and others in the house
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sanciro: 1:13am On Oct 01, 2010
sanciro:

@cappadona,are u sure u gave the right addy cos it doesnt deliver at all.we can as well do it so that others can benefit from it.just check out ma previous posts to see aw u could be of help me and others in the house
[/qu
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sanciro: 8:21pm On Oct 01, 2010
sup brainy waiting for your call,

SANCIRO
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sanciro: 10:07am On Oct 02, 2010
sup superbrain,really appreciate ur call,get baCk to u ASAP

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.