Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,254 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546894 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 1:31am On Oct 07, 2010
oyewolejos:

Why the mad rush about Abuja? Dou your interview in lagos and leave Abj for the politicians and the bombers grin grin grin
Spring hopefuls should have gotten their I-20 by now if they are really mean business so as to avoid the Xmas rush hour.
Got I-20 for my Younger Bro since August and he his going for the interview Oct 18 so i will keep u guess posted.

I wonder o, people got theirs in lagos so i wonder wats so special about abuja, Anyways goodluck to your brother applying o,

Cappadona123:

@vandops,please which airline took you?
Qatar Airways, 142k

Superbrain:

@ Vandops, I'm good bro. And I noticed you have been offline lately. I will beep you later today. Howz UMBC?

School is good, hows preparations and you finally decided on your school?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 2:38am On Oct 07, 2010
Why the mad rush about Abuja? Dou your interview in lagos and leave Abj for the politicians and the bombers
Spring hopefuls should have gotten their I-20 by now if they are really mean business so as to avoid the Xmas rush hour.
Got I-20 for my Younger Bro since August and he his going for the interview Oct 18 so i will keep u guess posted.

I wonder o, people got theirs in lagos so i wonder wats so special about abuja, Anyways goodluck to your brother applying o,

I want to assume that those statements are directed at me. I want you guys to know that every applicant doesn't reside in Lagos. In fact many don't even reside in the South West. For economic, safety (by avoiding the death traps on our bad roads), timeliness and convenience reasons. Is it not logical for an applicant who resides in Abuja or will be spending the rest of the year in Abuja and its environs to give much preference to the embassy in Abuja first before Lagos?

It's just logical for me to explore all the possibilities of the closest embassy to me first. If it's evident that I can't get a slot there, then I will have no other choice than to go to Lagos. Anyways, the embassy Lagos or Abuja has never been an issue to me. No be the same visa dem they give? My major head ache is why I can't find dates, using my own computer, and I have made up my mind to go and try on another network if the problem persists.

All the same, thanks for your concern guys.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 2:46am On Oct 07, 2010
Hello House, I beg who dey NEVADA or IDAHO or FLORIDA or WASHIGNTON STATE, I beg make any masters student wain dey any of this state halla me, I need some information.

Thanks House
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 6:44am On Oct 07, 2010
@thanks vandops,I will check them up today.where have u been oyewole?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by masepat: 6:52am On Oct 07, 2010
@4ril,
Not to worry. U are doing just the right thing. I suspect you may be having issues with your link. You should do it on another network and probably not during pick period when there are too many users on that site. Early in the morning or late at night should be perfect. How far have you gone with all your application documents?

@Superbrain, Benom, 4Governor, Femiap,
Where are you guys? shocked
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by masepat: 6:53am On Oct 07, 2010
4ril, I meant to say peak period. grin wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 10:09am On Oct 07, 2010
@ masepat, I'm here. About the TOEFL thingy, if you can request for the scores to be mailed to you again, then that wouldn't be bad. Otherwise you can still put up a defence as I said earlier. I remember some time last year, I sent a letter with some documents attached to a friend at MIT and he received it in one week. He responded to the mail sometime in October 2009 and since then, I've not received it. We tried c tracking it all to no avail. I had to resend the documents by courier and he did same too. You can imagine how much it cost us. So, blame the system, simple. I'm expecting to hear from my school by tomorrow. Trying not to be anxious.

@ Vandops, email me your digits bro. We need to talk.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Fido(m): 11:08am On Oct 07, 2010
I got an i-20 for classes to begin in November 22, and i am having issues book a visa appointment. I tried online and saw available spaces in Lagos but the web would proceed. saying i am putting in wrong date of birth. How do i get an appointment for first week of November. some people say i should email, but i dont have the right email and what to send to them for an appointment,
plzzzzzzzzzzzzz guyzzzzzzzzzzzz help, embarassed embarassed
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 12:01pm On Oct 07, 2010
Pls can anyone tell me any school in usa that offers masters and doesn't need toefl?I want to apply for my wife!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 1:14pm On Oct 07, 2010
Not to worry. U are doing just the right thing. I suspect you may be having issues with your link. You should do it on another network and probably not during pick period when there are too many users on that site. Early in the morning or late at night should be perfect. How far have you gone with all your application documents?

4ril, I meant to say peak period grin wink.

@masepat

Thanks for your reply man. Pick or peak, wetin concern me and grammar? As long as I understand what you mean to say, then I'm good. Even if you don't speak English or at least pidgin, if you go as far as speaking in tongues, I will still understand you as long as this thread is concerned grin grin

As regards my document. Well, I will say I am almost ready. My wife-to -be lives about 30 minutes drive from my school. So, she has collected my I-20 for me. I asked her to use the information on the I-20 to pay my sevis fee. Then she will put the sevis online confirmation (receipt) into the I-20 envelope, and mail everything to me at once. I also asked her to scan the front page if the I-20, and send it to me via email. I can use that to book my appointment and fill my DS 160, while waiting for the hard copies she is sending through express mail. Because if I keep waiting till those hard copies get here, before booking it might be getting late. But I will never tell the consular that my wife-to-be is there. In fact, I have not even heard of US before, and not to talk of having anyone there grin grin grin

As per my network, I think it's now cooperating with me. I can now see the appointments calender using my PC, on same network. Once again, thanks so much for your encouragement.

@ Cappadona123

Pls can anyone tell me any school in usa that offers masters and doesn't need toefl?I want to apply for my wife!

which state are you presently? Or you don't mind studying/residing in different states? which program? I don't have any school in mind now, but I can search at my spare time if I have those information. Better still, you can search by State (location) here http://www.univsource.com/region.htm
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Babs2007: 1:23pm On Oct 07, 2010
I am New here as a registered Nairalander but have been following this thread for about two months ago. I am happy to share my opinion as well about myself. Well I applied to an Aviation School in Florida, I paid all the necessary payments including application fees and SEVIS FEES to the school. I got my I-20 and then the processing start as thus:

I bought my VFS,MRV and then book an appointment  to the US embassy ABUJA, I got a date on the 22nd of September, Wednesday.  I went for the interview, but according to what i noticed from the counters i can see that there are only 3 Consulars interviewing that day. Con7: Fair and questionable, Cons8: Good, Cons9: Very,very good. but to my wish i pray to go counter 9 which is the Very,Very Good Consular without knowing man proposes but God disposes. So before Consular 9 finish entering applicant's info on the computer, the Consular 7 call me as next applicant and herebelow is how it went :

Cons : Good morning Sir
Me : Morning Sir
Cons : Can i have your documents, pls, ?
Me : Pass him my passport, i-20 and DS-160 printout
Cons : Are you applying to Phoenix,
Me : I completed it, ( Phoenix East Aviation )
Cons : what course are you applying for  at the school, ?
Me : FAA PART 141 AIRLINE,COMM. AND PROFESSIONAL PILOT.
Cons : okay, why did you apply to Phoenix East Aviation, ?
Me : Well the school is FAA approved, Good Maintaince facility and lots lots,
Cons : okay, which school did you finished from, ?
Me : International School of Aviation
Cons : Any exam like toefl or IELTS, ?
Me : Nope ,
Cons : why??
Me : Cos the school did not admit me on toefl, i was only admitted on my WAEC Result and Diploma Cert. from  International School of Aviation.
Cons : Can i see that,  sir, ?
Me : I gave him my WAEC Result and Diploma Cert.
Cons : Hmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnn,
Cons : Who is sponsoring your education, ?
Me : My Dad,
Cons : Can i see his statement of Account or something, ?
Me : Gave him statement of acct and sponsorship letter,
Cons : Did you pay your SEVIS FEES Sir, ?
Me : Yes and gave him the print out SEVIS FEES ,
Cons : Can you demonstrate to me about the pilot course , ?
Me : As a pilot, you will need to start from ground school and then after a week, you will be doing 15hrs and start stumbling,
Cons : start typing and typing without looking at my face,
Me : praying within my mind,
Cons : Am sorry, i wont be able to issue you Visa at this time,  and gave me a letter stamped with Denied.
Me : pack all my document with confidence and come out of the embassy with smilling face .

B ut when i get outside i start thinking and just make up my mind that God knows why. so life goes on but my brother on nairaland, eachtime i think about it i have an heartache that i make mistake with my demonstration. so when i get back to my friends office in ABJ which is Federal Ministry of Finance, he told me to take heart and book nother appt. I went to bank and purchase VFS but dont have money for MRV and thinking that i would  book another appointment in Lagos. So i checked appt date on ABJ there is no date available and the date that were available are only on December but dates are available in Lagos from 27th till December. So after i came back from bank to purchase my VFS, i checked the appt date again at ABJ, i got a date on 27th, September, Monday, so i quickly book the date that same day i was refused and thinking about getting money for my MRV, I prayed to God to gude me through, I called my Dad on friday morning and before i could realize it, it was already 4 O'çlock on friday and my Dad has sent the money since 11am but UBA Network was bad and couldn;t get the money to buy my MRV till Monday morning that i was going for the Interview again.
On Monday Morning, i have woke up before 5am praying, at 5:30am, i went to mosque to pray and was praying hard to God Almighty Allah to help me today but my brother's its God that can do it nobody can, believe in God all things shall possible. I pray and listen to someone out of 3 people reciting Al-Quran, so his Voice was so sweet and use that to pray to God that he should answer my prayer with the way the guy was reciting his holy book. i stood up and went back home to prepare myself for the interview again.
I went to the bank with my family-friend brother i stayed with to the UBA bank in the morning to purchase my MRV, I bought it and went to the embassy rightaway.
I got there, pass through Normal Routine and start praying, Meanwhile i have contact the school and let them know i was refused, i gave them the question that make the Consular to refused me and the school gave me answers to the question and all about my course, i read it thoroughly over and over again. I sat down there at the embassy waiting for my turn, looking at how the interview was going, After about 5 people before my turn i went to rest room, came out again and remain 2 people before me, when it was my turn, the guy at counter 8 and 9  called them both and not it was my turn, so the chinese lady at counter 6 called me but i noticed she has been asking lots of questions and denying, i stood up and went to rest room again spent up to 5 mins, she called next person and counter 7 called next person as well, i quickly came out that people at counter 8 and 9 would have finished their interview, My fellow brothers, to my best of knowledge, my calculations was right, as io was about to sat down, the guy at counter 8 called next applicant and i quickly rushed to him, and the interview went as thus again :

Cons : Good morning sir,
Me : Morning Sir,
Cons: Can i have your docs,
Me : Gave me as usual,
Cons : You are applying to Phoenix East Aviation right, ?
Me : Yes sir for FAA PART 141 ,
Cons; Typing on the computer and then ask me , sir can you tell me about piloting course,
Me : that was how my memory verse of the answers that the school sent to me started,
       As a Commercial Pilot, you will need the following ratings, Private License, Instrument ratings, Multi-Engine ratings and Commercial License,
Me : I continued all my explanations with what the school told me and lots lots,
Cons : replied, Good and very good,
Me : I smiled within myself and the guy ask me again,
Cons : can you do all these within 10 months according to your I-20, ?
Me : Yes sir i can.
Cons : I ask you this cos i dont know anything about Aviation and pilot,
Me : Yes i can .
Cons : Did you have any family in the US, ?
Me : Nope i dont.
Cons : why did you choose this course , ?
Me : I gave him some memory verse as well,
Cons :  How many school did you apply to, ?
Me : I appled to a total of 3 schools,
Cons : Can you named them, ?
Me : Embry- Riddle Aeronautical Uni., Phoenix East Aviation and Uni. of North Dakota
Cons : Did you get admitted at other schools, ?
Me : Nope only Phoenix East Aviation
Cons : Okay and have you paid your SEVIS FEES sir, ?
Me : Yes i do
Cons : can i see the receipt,
Me : Gave him the SEVIS print out receipt.
Cons :  Okay , good and whats your favorite plane,
Me : Cessna 172 and Diamond DA-42
Cons : Good, so what will you do after your course, ?
Me ; I will come back and convert my FAA License to Nigeria License and that gives me opportunity to get a job quickly as a First officer of the Airline.
Cons : Good and very good. what airlines will you like to work for, ?
Me : Arik Airline,
Cons : why, ?
Me : Cos they are new Airline, they are just growing up in this business and start talkiing but know it wasn't me again, its God that spoke through my mouth,
Cons : okay, okay okay pick up your Visa on Wednesday,have a safe trip and best of luck in your trainning, dont forget to take your I-20 along and stuffs stuffs,
Me : okay thank you and my body do somehow, my bone became stronger on like first interview, i was so happy and start dreaming of OBAMA LAND,

So Nairalander's Congrats to those who have got their visa as well, and those who have already been in the US, for those who are just going for their interviews, I would say Goodluck and Best of Luck to you all as God Almighty will see you through and let you meet a good considerable Consular anytime,anywhere you are going to apply for your Visa, Once again, thank you to all People on Nairaland and God will bless us all, (Amin). Meet you in Yankee,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 1:54pm On Oct 07, 2010
Whao! Quite a long post. Congrats bro.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Babs2007: 2:10pm On Oct 07, 2010
@ superbrain, thank you so much, bro are you already in the US or where are you now, ? hope to hear from you besides did you know anybody in Florida?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 2:17pm On Oct 07, 2010
I'm in Lasgidi, in the Federal Repulblic of Naija. Applied for Spring 2011 admission. Florida? No. Whenever I hear Florida, what comes to mind is Fluorish toothpaste.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 2:20pm On Oct 07, 2010
@babs,I am so much happy for you,did u read my post also?I got mine in abuja.I am going to Universal heli for my ppl cos I love d fleet they use there;robinson R-22 and R-44.I heard about Pea but later changed my mind.You are lucky with the weather in FL,pls do not panic bro and can't wait to see you on the wings!!!

Fly safe bro

Sky is my office!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Babs2007: 2:26pm On Oct 07, 2010
@Cappadona123 I am so happy for you too, well i would like to have your contact like yahoo IM and we can talk on there cos i want to ask you about some things, expecting to hear from you soon.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 2:26pm On Oct 07, 2010
Alihamdulilai alihamdulilai alihamdulilai!!!!Ina Dogara ga Allah
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 2:28pm On Oct 07, 2010
Cappadona03 is my YM or u got BB?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Babs2007: 2:29pm On Oct 07, 2010
Alihamdulilahi, I also thank God, well i am expecting to hear from you and chat with you on yahoo IM,

@ superbrain can we chat on yahoo IM also, ?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2010
Please any skool without toefl for masters in any state in yankee?pls help my wife ooo
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Elpieda: 2:53pm On Oct 07, 2010
@cappadona123 University of Florida does not reuire TOEFL for thier Masters degree. They have a list of countries exempted from taking TOEFL and Uni of Florida is one of them. There are also some schools in Texas that dont need your TOEFL
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 4:18pm On Oct 07, 2010
Thanks bro and am gonna check it out
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 8:38pm On Oct 07, 2010
Hi guys,
been away for a while. My computer was attacked by a virus that sent a mail to all my contacts so i had to delete all my contacts and go offline for a while.
Its been a busy week, Booked for interview in Lag for november,

@superbrain, how u dey, u no even dey ask of ur guy.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 9:14pm On Oct 07, 2010
@ benom, My brother pardon my attitude. Been so busy with work and other stuffs. I'll beep you later on ym.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 9:39pm On Oct 07, 2010
Wow, it seems like majority of applicants here are graduate students. I hope am not alone. Please any undergraduate for Spring, heading for NYC?
@ Babs2007 congratulations, your testimony is really the Lord's doing. I'm happy for you!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DisGuy: 10:07pm On Oct 07, 2010
Congrats Babs very strong of you not to give up, the first guy was probably and i-diot or perhaps your answers werent technical enough unlike the second interview and i guess the experience of the first one helped wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 10:10pm On Oct 07, 2010
4ril:

I want to assume that those statements are directed at me. I want you guys to know that every applicant doesn't reside in Lagos. In fact many don't even reside in the South West. For economic, safety (by avoiding the death traps on our bad roads), timeliness and convenience reasons. Is it not logical for an applicant who resides in Abuja or will be spending the rest of the year in Abuja and its environs to give much preference to the embassy in Abuja first before Lagos?

It's just logical for me to explore all the possibilities of the closest embassy to me first. If it's evident that I can't get a slot there, then I will have no other choice than to go to Lagos. Anyways, the embassy Lagos or Abuja has never been an issue to me. No be the same visa dem they give? My major head ache is why I can't find dates, using my own computer, and I have made up my mind to go and try on another network if the problem persists.

All the same, thanks for your concern guys.

well if that is the case, nothing do you then, helped check abuja embassy for free dates but its all booked bu there are open spaces for the months of november and december, so maybe you should check them out, All the best

Superbrain:

@ Vandops, email me your digits bro. We need to talk.
alright,
no qualms, il
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kwizzy212: 10:24pm On Oct 07, 2010
@naggy, I am here too also for undergrad, Spring 11 by God's grace So whts good with you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by slyboggie(m): 5:36am On Oct 08, 2010
Hey buddies,
Been following this thread for a while now, Its really been helpful.Good job Guys
Although i am not a Good writer, but it would be unfair if i dont get to share my experience after all i have gained from the thread
My interview was really wierd, Enjoy d piece

Visa Type:M1
Embassy Location:New Delhi
School Location:Florida.

I was d next person on the tally so i walked up to the counter

ME:Good mornin Sir,
VO:Hw r u?
ME:I am brilliant(wit a smile:-)
VO:What r u going to US for?
Me:flight training
VO:Where?
Me:florida
VO:hw did u get to know about the school?
Me:the skool has a sister company back home, etc
VO:what r u doin in India
Me;My Dad works Here
VO:Where?
ME:Nigerian High Commission
VO:What is his position at the Embassy?
ME:, I told him
VO:when would his tenure end at the embassy?
Me:next year
VO:what do u do here?
Me:just came in to india after converting my australian license to a Nigerian License, and thought i needed to do my IFR and CFI Maybe.
VO:why didnt you do all dis in Australia?
Me:The exchange rate has risen up since 2008, making it expensive to do my IFR in AUstralia
Vo:SO u mean it is cheaper to fly in the Us?
Me:Off course it is.
VO: OK(he was typing stuffs in his computer den brought out a pink placard ,wrote some stuffs on it and den put in my passport)
VO:He then sent my docs and passport to d guy on the next counter and told me to go meet him.

THE SECOND VO,

Me:Gud mornin
VO:hw r u today?(Wit his indian accent)
Me:Good and U ?
VO:FINE thnk U.
VO:he den started typing stuffs into his computer
VO:Y helicopters?
Me:because I feel more in control wen flying a helicopter.U dont get to put it on Auto pilot like or fixed wing brothers do, I luv been in Control:-)
VO:so what are ur plan after dis training?
Me:Go back home and get a job.i have already spoken to some companies.
VO:what kind of job?
Me: transporting passengers and equipments offshore.
VO:Offshore
Me:Oil Rigs offshore
VO:OK
VO:Name the countries u have been to?
Me:, i named dem.
VO:HE identified all d countries i named, wit the Visa type in the passport
VO:but i cant find dat of ghana
Me:I dont need a visa to go to ghana
VO:Y?
Me:I Now told him to turn the passport to the cover page, i said:all ECOWAS countries are under the visa waiver program.
VO:Wats the meaning of ecowas?
Me:economic communities of west african states.
VO:OK, He den brought out a pink paper,he was writing stuffs on the paper.wen he asked me if i would be traveling out any tyme soon?
Me, was thinking, No.
Vo:He gave me a pink paper and told me ur visa is been aproved but we still have to do some more processing which would take 2 to 3 weeks, U can check ur visa status online,wit the case number written on the top corner of the pink paper.
Me:Ok.thnks.

My case, i guess was kind off wierd, because i was interviewed by two different visa officers,
and secondly,dey didnt ask for any documents from me.(still wondering and waiting).

Anybody in d House wit a similar experience?

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by masepat: 7:50am On Oct 08, 2010
Superbrain,
Please what is happening with NDDC na? Any news? undecided wink. Abeg advise them we are still waiting o! cry wink
Can I have yr mobile number? Need to holla you.

4ril,
I observed we have a lot of similarities. My friend in the same dept in the school I'll be attending got my documents for me, paid my sevis fee and scanned copies of everything to me. He will forward the package to me via express delivery. However, we noticed my admission letter was not in the package he picked up. He will be picking it up from the department today. You have to watch out for any missing piece too. i'll be glad if I have your mobile number so we can talk.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 8:08am On Oct 08, 2010

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.