Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (545727 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 9:02am On Sep 21, 2010
oluwa12002:

This is wonderful, free visa to US, I can't believe this. I never believed it in the first place but it is true.

www.touristvisas.info

Guy you well so?? I think you need YoYo Bitters
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kwizzy212: 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2010
Even they shot person for embassy he no fit be like this, lol, What's the 411 with your interview
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sanciro: 7:30pm On Sep 21, 2010
hello,cant still believed i was denied cos it was a very simple interview which i was able to answer very well to my best knowledge.it was the consular that did biometric for me was the same person that denied,the guy is not a pure american i guess cos he looks like an india or kora.

CON, Next applicants

ME, Good morning sir

CON, Good morning to you too,

ME, Smiles a lil'bit
Con, ur docs

ME, quickly passed them to him as it was arranged after the biometric
CON, Why do you want to go to USA

ME, to study

CON, Which school and what major

ME, Told him{northern arizona uni,mech eng}
CON, How many skools did u apply to

ME, told him four{lemar university in texas,ball state uni in indian,university of south dakota and finally NAU which i had all the correspondence of other skools with but he never asked me.

CON, y NAU?

ME, Cos MY area of research interest is available in NAU and its the only school dat offer me admission.

CON, Whats ur area of research interest

ME, Told him{general manufacturing process that will be supervised by an associate professor,professor john tester, i had correspondence with me from the professor but he didnt asked me likewise i didnt present it.

CON, Who is ur sponsor

ME, told him{ma dad}

CON, Busy typing on his system

ME, was smiling hoping for good

cON, i am sorry i cant grant you visa, immmediately he returned my passport and i20 with a white paper for my denial.

you wont believe that this guy denied three students.i think yesterday was not meant for students cos majority of the visiting were granted visa yesterday.that was my storry.i belive its not the matter of all the docs u have its a matter of GOD"S FAVOUR COS HE Didnt asked for any docs at all

Anyway will be applying again cos i will get ma vfs 2mao and book another appointment hopeing to get in first or second week in october,

i will be glad if the house can advise me

SANCIRO
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 8:10pm On Sep 21, 2010
Sanciro Denied kea, we all have been waiting for the good news, anyway don't worry you are still very much in order.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 8:13pm On Sep 21, 2010
Sanciro you are very much in order, Dont be in a hurry to re-apply, I guess you are for spring and school resumes January have some patient until November it would be a great time to apply with not much rush. anyway everything is going to be fine. I was denied also but now I am in the USA so relax your mind.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 9:09pm On Sep 21, 2010
Sanciro,dont be depressed,i was denied once and i am in California now,go again and i am sure you will get the VISA.You just need to be more prayerful, it is not a matter of number of people been denied before you.It is just God and only God, I remembered 6 people including student applicants were denied before me and i go the Visa eventually.I advice you book another apppointment and go again.The Lord will be with you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 9:16pm On Sep 21, 2010
I always have one believe and it is simply that What is yours shall definitely be yours, no matter the denial. Just be more hopeful & don't get depressed. Shalom!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 9:24pm On Sep 21, 2010
@ Sanciro, sorry about your denial. But, I'm still wondering why you were denied. Is there something you didn't mention to us? The best way to help yourself is to let the house know which questions you were asked that you think you bleeped in responding to. From what you posted, I see no reason for the denial. Or was it your composure? Be more detailed.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 9:37pm On Sep 21, 2010
I agree with Superbrain,you have to be more open and dont feel shy in letting us know where the fault came from.I knew where my fault came from at my first refusal and immediatelty threw it to the house for advice.The same questions were asked at the second time and i answered correctly, But it was because i have learnt my lessons and was fully prepared bro.Be open and let us know what the koko is.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 10:10pm On Sep 21, 2010
@ Sanciro, sorry about your denial. But, I'm still wondering why you were denied. Is there something you didn't mention to us? The best way to help yourself is to let the house know which questions you were asked that you think you bleeped in responding to. From what you posted, I see no reason for the denial. Or was it your composure? Be more detailed.

I agree with Superbrain,you have to be more open and dont feel shy in letting us know where the fault came from.I knew where my fault came from at my first refusal and immediatelty threw it to the house for advice.The same questions were asked at the second time and i answered correctly, But it was because i have learnt my lessons and was fully prepared bro.Be open and let us know what the koko is.

@Ojap & Superbrain

You guys have spoken my mind verbatim!

@Sanciro

Honestly, I see that something is missing here. I have read lots of interviews here, and often times we can see why people are denied. I remember I gave you some advice which you didn't take because you were somehow in a hurry. I remember others gave similar advices too. In case any of those warnings might have cost you the denial, or any other reason might have caused it, try to open up completely. No one is here to laugh at anyone. You may not believe it. My heart is broken here too. Since you didn't come up on time to give the testimony, I had been smelling denial, and I had been refreshing this page restlessly since yesterday. Sanciro, I feel so sorry.

Given the information you provided here, I see no reason why you should be denied. But I never conclude that you are lying either. Should you be considering to apply again, I will still advise you consider my initial advice which you ignored. 27 years old for a Bachelors degree is a red flag, while its not a red flag for graduate degree. From what you said here, the consular did not say anything about your age. But what if that was what he spotted on your I-20, and refuse to ask any question about it? I still wish you open more about the interview though. So, try some graduate schools. with a good G.P.A from WES evaluation, you might still be lucky to get admitted with your HND.

So, don't give up. Keep trying, and you shall make it next time. I still feel so sorry  sad sad sad.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 2:36am On Sep 22, 2010
Hello house, sorry this is coming a bit late. My birthday was yesterday, September 21. I'm sorry I didn't mention it previously. grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by arshy(m): 5:14am On Sep 22, 2010
@Sanciro, sorry about the denial, but i think u still have a lot of hope. If I am to review your interview, the guy denied u because of two things (I guess, anyway).
sanciro:

hello,cant still believed i was denied cos it was a very simple interview which i was able to answer very well to my best knowledge.it was the consular that did biometric for me was the same person that denied,the guy is not a pure american i guess cos he looks like an india or kora.

CON, Next applicants

ME, Good morning sir

ME, Smiles a lil'bit
Con, your docs

ME, to study

CON, Which school and what major

ME, Told him{northern arizona uni,mech eng}
CON, How many skools did u apply to

ME, told him four{lemar university in texas,ball state uni in indian,university of south dakota and finally NAU which i had all the correspondence of other skools with but he never asked me.

CON, y NAU?

ME, Cos MY area of research interest is available in NAU and its the only school dat offer me admission.

CON, Whats your area of research interest

ME, Told him{general manufacturing process that will be supervised by an associate professor,professor john tester, i had correspondence with me from the professor but he didnt asked me likewise i didnt present it.

CON, Who is your sponsor

ME, told him{ma dad}

CON, Busy typing on his system

ME, was smiling hoping for good

cON, i am sorry i cant grant you visa, immmediately he returned my passport and i20 with a white paper for my denial.

you wont believe that this guy denied three students.i think yesterday was not meant for students cos majority of the visiting were granted visa yesterday.that was my storry.i belive its not the matter of all the docs u have its a matter of GOD"S FAVOUR COS HE Didnt asked for any docs at all

Anyway will be applying again cos i will get ma vfs 2mao and book another appointment hopeing to get in first or second week in october,

i will be glad if the house can advise me

SANCIRO

If you check the two bolded responses up there.

1. The 4 schools you applied to are not really top schools in US (this might not be the reason, but I am convince it will be part of it). He will think you just want to get the admission to run anyway. He didn't ask you to mention the names of the schools, you could have save yourself by restricting the answer to "4". That won't be bad.

2. and which is very much important. This is where you have the opportunity to get your score back. YOU DID NOT LINK YOUR RESEARCH INTEREST TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIA IN ANY WAY. That would have helped you, because he will think you have passion about coming back (of which we know, we have all torn the Nigeria Passport immediately we hear "you are welcome to the united states" lolz).

I might not be 100% right though.

Most importantly, everything still boil down to the Ultimate Decider (Baba God Himself). Nobody is an expert in this game.
I wish you luck
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by arshy(m): 5:16am On Sep 22, 2010
Superbrain:

Hello house, sorry this is coming a bit late. My birthday was yesterday, September 21. I'm sorry I didn't mention it previously. grin

Happy birthday mate. Many happy returns
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 6:44am On Sep 22, 2010
happy birthday superbrain! How was the gbedu? Whenever u are free, lets chat, I finally booked a date for November.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 7:46am On Sep 22, 2010
@4ril , I don't think it is the age, its the consular that has the final say. if a consular have the mindset of denying a visa from the onset, there is no matter of plea you can say to convince him. I have two people who where given visa one was 27 years while the other was 28 clocking 29. Unless Sanciro did not wish to tell us if he was asked about his age, but if he wasn't i guess it will be in the consular decision not to issue that is just the plain fact.

@ Sanciro, You can re-apply again but make it in the early week of the month. that way you might get a say.

Regards
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 8:00am On Sep 22, 2010
Hello Sanciro

Are you on yahoo messenger, send me your email address lets chat here is mine noblechuks2002@yahoo.com we have some thing in common which we can get to talk over the chat

sanciro:

CON, Next applicants

ME, Good morning sir

ME, Smiles a lil'bit
Con, your docs

SANCIRO
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 8:48am On Sep 22, 2010
benom:

happy birthday superbrain! How was the gbedu? Whenever u are free, lets chat, I finally booked a date for November.

Thanks bro. I will book mine soon against November. I'll beep you now,

arshy:

Happy birthday mate. Many happy returns

My brother, thanks a lot.

@ House, so who's next in line?

@ Sanciro, we're still waiting for your response. All hope is not lost. There have been worse case so try to speak up.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 8:50am On Sep 22, 2010
Sorry I meant cases*
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 12:45pm On Sep 22, 2010
sorry superbrain, zain network is not very strong today. I'll send my phone number to your box. Then u can flash me so i can call u back. Tk care bro.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 3:23pm On Sep 22, 2010
@chux4liv

@4ril , I don't think it is the age, its the consular that has the final say. if a consular have the mindset of denying a visa from the onset, there is no matter of plea you can say to convince him. I have two people who where given visa one was 27 years while the other was 28 clocking 29. Unless Sanciro did not wish to tell us if he was asked about his age, but if he wasn't i guess it will be in the consular decision not to issue that is just the plain fact.

@ Sanciro, You can re-apply again but make it in the early week of the month. that way you might get a say.

Regards

Alright sir!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sanciro: 8:05pm On Sep 22, 2010
to every1 in the house ,the other questions i could vividly remember was tthat where did i get to know the schools which i told him thru the internet and he never ask of the website which i kept in him,he also asked what i am doing presently,told him nothing that i just finished my youth service.thats all nothing else.i think ma denial came from here dat i just finished mA youth service.

I am applying again which aint get choice but going for good and the best this tyme around.i av gotten ma vfs 2day trying to schedule 2nd week in oct,i also want know if i will be filling another ds 160 again this goes to OJAP.

hope to read from the house ASAP

SANCIRO
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 9:04pm On Sep 22, 2010
@Sanciro,yes,you will be filling another DS-160,All these consulars atimes hate straight answers.Straight answers was what killed me the first time in Abuja,when asked what you have been doing since you graduated from school,you should have told him you are a fresh graduate,just observed the mandatory NYSC scheme in the month so so so and want to further your education first before planning to work as that will give you an edge when you return back home.Infact,the next question he will ask you is "How will your studying in the USA give you an edge".These people are human beings like us,so we should expect what they will ask.When i was denied,i knew where the fault came from and i immediately ran here for advice,the same questions came and i answered excellently well.Imagine,the consular nodding his head in agreement of what i said,thanks to superbrain and seniorAk47 though.Sincerely speaking,deep inside you,you know where your Bleep up came from,let the house know and you will be fine the second time.I have this strong belief that you will get it this time around if you are being open totally to Nairaland not forgetting that God is the ultimate.Work and pray because heaven helps those who helps themselves.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seniorak47(m): 1:46am On Sep 23, 2010
Hi house, I have started classes and rocking New York but I can't help to drop in once in a while to see how my peeps are doing.

@ Ojap; welcome aboard. If I find myself on the west side of the States, you and other veterans in Carlifonia be sure to prepare hot bowl of eba and egusi to host me ohhh. LOl!!!!

@ Sanciro; sorry to hear about your case but God has given you the advantage of witnessing miracles here on this thread and therefore no lele!!. I will like to re-echo what has been said by my ogas earlier but also think you should have asked him why he denied you so that you can know for sure the reason(s). It is your right (or say the standard practice in interview situations; even in job interview) to ask at least one question after your interview.

Moreover, I believe you applied a bit too early (personal opinion though). You are not likely to resume school in spring 2011 until around late January or early February 2011. You are not allowed to apply/attend interview more than 90 or 120 days before your school resumption date. Check to be sure that you are not defaulting in this regard.

Also, you should not have said you were ''unemployed''. At worst, tell him you are a fresh graduate, completing NYSC and probably still working in your family business till school resumes coz it is your career plan to acquire graduate training before returning to enter the work place proper.   

Whichever you decide, your state of mind is very important. It is not about the right or wrong answer to the question, infact, it is very much about how you answer it. If you are not convinced of what you are saying, how do you want  to convince the listener. Be more assertive in what you are saying and how you say it even if the answer is just spontaneous. ABOVE ALL, PRAY TO GOD, REASSESS YOURSELF AND BE SURE YOU ARE READY TO FACE THE CONSULAR EVEN IF IT IS THE SAME MAN OR WOMAN AND GO WITH THE MINDSET THAT YOU ARE GETTING IT THIS TIME AROUND.

I will also want other house-members to confirm the timing I said above as per maximum days required for application/interview before school resumes. If you are not in contravention of this rule, then you can apply again and go for your interview as soon as it is convenient for you. But if you are in contravention, then you know why you were denied now! If that is the case, wait till you are within the time limit and schedule an appointment and if you were asked why you were refused, then you know why but it is also important how you respond to such question. You can just say you did not know that there was such limit and in your job of seeing your dreams come true as planned (after NYSC), you scheduled the previous one e.t.c. GOODLUCK!!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 2:31am On Sep 23, 2010
@seniorak47,i am digging California too, You cant believe i have started working on my thesis already.Met my prof this morning and we went to the field together.How is Newyork?We cant wait to see you come over,alot of places for you to visit.I think Sanciro is still right even if he files far beyond the 90days.if he was to be given,what they will do is just hold his passport till when the 90days starts.that is not a red flag @ all.Seniorak47,what do you think about having a nairalander party in California?Does it make sense?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seadog406: 3:28am On Sep 23, 2010
Hey Guys,am back,was just too busy with this school thing here, Have got Exams,and have done several homeworks that are crazy,mehn this yankee no be child's play oo.i no believe say i fit dey read like jacky for here sha,anyway lets get down to business

@Sanciro have met Nigerians here which were denied twice,thrice and they got their visa atlast,also a guy which was denied British Visa Once,Canadian Visa 4times and USA once until he got the last visa for USA and now he is here.so dont lose hope man.,well about your interview which you were denied,i will point out some red flags,which the others pointed out.
1.Applied too early
2.You are Unemployed
3.You just finished NYSC thing,
4.Where did you get to know about the School(Internet).

1)According to what the other gurus said,that apply like 90 or 60days before resumption is cool,and according to what you told me,they were giving out visas to the ones going for visits,this means there is a time range/frame where Students should apply for visas,and they've got quota for the visas they give in a year.

2)About being Unemployed thats really a red flag,so you going to USA to study while you are unemployed here?Hell No.that sends a signal that maybe when you get there,you not going to study,maybe run away and turn to illegal immigrants.

3)That you just finished NYSC(meaning you might even come back to your country then),i believe they all know what this NYSC thing is for,and is compulsory for all Nigerians,this should be what you will use to tie them down that you coming back for your NYSC(thats your tie)unless you married and your kids are in Nigeria.

4)Please house take note of this.the internet gives informations about everything.Always be specific with that you saying.
Like where did you find out about the school? you let them know.collegeboard website or petersons.com or princetonreview.com

*Note* This is going to the whole house,how good looking you are matters alot and always put a smile on your face.

So guys am out.Exams starts now.Going back to read,No be small thing oo.God dey sha
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gbemoo4ty: 6:10am On Sep 23, 2010
[center]
GREETINGS FROM FA-RIGHT VENTURES, NIGERIA
[/center]

[b]Allow me to briefly introduce Fa-Right Ventures, Nigeria. This year marks one year and ten months of our commitment towards providing quality services for prospective students who have the intention to study in abroad.

We are recruitment representative/agent and we provide services to prospective students from our jurisdiction to secure admission into various schools in overseas, which offer various courses ranging from certificates to masters degree. We also provide services such as visa counseling, educational/study tour and assist our prospective student through application procedures. We provide useful and correct information to our potential students about schools available to us, collect and send documents to schools on behalf of our students collect and send application fees, handover approval letters, admission letters and any other letters send to us on behalf of our student that will facilitate the securing of visa for the students.

We source for schools in overseas, which offer high quality teaching, and with affordable costs of program for our students. We believe that students from our country can benefit from continuing their tertiary education at a much cheaper cost in schools in overseas.

[/b]

call gbemi 07035515802
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deevick246(m): 7:23am On Sep 23, 2010
l salute all the gurus here.This thread is perhaps the most informative on nairaland,because its full of practicality and people here are so caring that the services offered here are selfless.
l'm an Hnd holder in Business Administration and l want to further my studies in the united states.Are there university offering PostGraduate Diploma in Business Administration Or better still,does anyone know of reputable universities where l might be admited with Hnd (2.94 on 4.00 scales) and do some courses say for like 2 or 3 semesters and then get a degree in Business Administration
Pls l need intelligent responses as usual, from those who might have gone through my situation.

Many thanks to u 4ril, your reply to my last enquiry here was very appreciated.Even tho l lost my posting previlleges not untill now,as l tried to reply ur post,becos they said l was trying to spam and l began wondering if replying post here has anything to do with spaming.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 2:09pm On Sep 23, 2010
hello house, i want to know if the school or u.s embassy verify statement of account sent to issue 1-20 form, i need a reply to this to know my next line of action ?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 2:11pm On Sep 23, 2010
HELLO HOUSE, I WANT TO KNOW IF U.S OR THE SCHOOL VERIFY STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT SENT TO ISSUE 1-20 FORM,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 3:56pm On Sep 23, 2010
Please guys, I just thought of applying to another institution, so as not to put my eggs into one basket, but the online admission form kept on requesting for Nigerian Postal code and gives me this error;

Permanent Zip/Postal Code must match standard 5 digit US Zip Codes, US ZIP + 4 Standard or Canadian format.

I don't know what else to put here, I've tried the one I knew, which is 234, I reside in Abuja.

Awaiting your suggestions. Thanks in advance
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kwizzy212: 4:45pm On Sep 23, 2010
@wilfem, The zip cod most be 5 digits as for Lagos it's 23401 and I think oyo is 23402 but you would have to get the one for Abuja

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.