Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (545731 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 5:49pm On Oct 23, 2010
I see that some folks are bent on changing the scope of these thread, well if it receives the blessing of the general house, then fine!
But After relating wit OjaP one on one, My guy's situation is nothing near what has been interpreted/mispresented here, Bet he knows better now too.

@ Femilangy, I'll like to link up wit ya, Heard u r in twincities, i am too. Holla @ me if affirmative.

Most importantly,my motto in this place (yankee) is stay in touch wit your peeps (NL[i]ers[/i] and others here b4 u), and u'll have the needed info to stay ahead!
Nobody knows it all!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sofymoore(m): 6:39pm On Oct 23, 2010
just think people like you desrve this.
a big offer for anyone that would like to travel to europe and any part of
the world. this is just a dream come true for you.as iam talking
four people has beneficted already.so u desrve it. for further
enquiries. call 08069214248 or 07033307912.
its real, give it a try and see.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 6:44pm On Oct 23, 2010
@ Wilfem; to secure a tuition waiver I think you may have to stay at the very top of your class. Like your GPA should be clocking around 4.0, it depends on the school and their ranking but in most cases if your having up to 90 percent which is an A then you'll be a good candidate for a waiver. My two cents but any other means aside this pls the house can share with you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bato231: 10:04pm On Oct 23, 2010
@benom, superbrain, femiap, 4ril, masepat, kwizzy212, mohaka and other spring 2011 applicants.
what's happening? I am also applying for the spring 11. pls let's be here for info, as we all did for fall10.

My waec is 2003, I have gotten my I-20 for undergraduate computer science.
What reasons can i give to the consular that i have been doing since then??
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bato231: 10:07pm On Oct 23, 2010
@everybody, pls help me out with the question above. thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 10:19pm On Oct 23, 2010
@OjaP, allow me to celebrate your courage you have shown by posting you problems on this thread. It will go a long way to educate prospective applicants on how to go about their study in the US. I want u to know that the trust you have for this house have not been betrayed by the responses of a few. You can try transfering after this semester to a cheaper school. One of such is university of south dakota, vermillion.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 12:42am On Oct 24, 2010
bato231:

@benom, superbrain, femiap, 4ril, masepat, kwizzy212, mohaka and other spring 2011 applicants.
what's happening? I am also applying for the spring 11. pls let's be here for info, as we all did for fall10.

My waec is 2003, I have gotten my I-20 for undergraduate computer science.
What reasons can i give to the consular that i have been doing since then??

all the usual suspect now, i.e certification this and that, u should carry docs to show this oh! goodluck son!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bato231: 12:51am On Oct 24, 2010
@dasleeky
pls can you explain better to me, cos am using a diploma in desktop pu. & advanced dip. to fill up the gap, also the 1year IT and want to know if it's okay. i will be waiting to hear from you, thanks.
@ house
pls am still expecting to hear from the house, ideas on what to say or present to the consular!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 1:07am On Oct 24, 2010
@ all past GRE examinees

How long does it take to receive the GRE official result by post from ETS? Also, how long does it take for the results to be displayed on the taker's GRE profile on the internet?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 2:46am On Oct 24, 2010
bato231:

@dasleeky
pls can you explain better to me, cos am using a diploma in desktop pu. & advanced dip. to fill up the gap, also the 1year IT and want to know if it's okay. i will be waiting to hear from you, thanks.
@ house
pls am still expecting to hear from the house, ideas on what to say or present to the consular!

Desktop seem a bit ordinary i suggest u use a bit advanced computer certifications,  and know what it entails too. computer sc majors in the house, input needed here!
aroy1:

@ all past GRE examinees

How long does it take to receive the GRE official result by post from ETS? Also, how long does it take for the results to be displayed on the taker's GRE profile on the internet?

from test date, 2 weeks  for online results. About 6 weeks plus for regular mail. I suggest u use P O box
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 4:10am On Oct 24, 2010
Any body wey talk say make Ojap go back naija is not saying the right thing. Go back and do what? Make him go start to run after molue? Ojap like I told you before, your case is better. I have met other Africans I spoke with who came here with nothing, they slept in subways here in NY and today they have the papers with everything. No matter how bad it is this place is better! I know many people will not agree but suffering and conquering to become successful is what makes a man!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 5:10am On Oct 24, 2010
djunit1:

Any body wey talk say make Ojap go back naija is not saying the right thing. Go back and do what? Make him go start to run after molue? Ojap like I told you before, your case is better. I have met other Africans I spoke with who came here with nothing, they slept in subways here in NY and today they have the papers with everything. Now matter how bad it is this place is better! I know many people will not agree but suffering and conquering to become successful is what makes a man!
sebi u get my mail?inbox me ur number or tell ojap 2 give u my number.
as per d situation,i cant shout.una no knw say these oyinbos wey dey where all of una dey go line up for visa dey read dis thread abi?make una just knw wetin una go dey come here come yarn oo, undecided
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 5:22am On Oct 24, 2010
Thanks Everybody,this is a Visa thread,We must all not derail, Everybody should forget all voodoo talks, Where are Spring hopefuls?@Bato,can u let the house know the true pic so that we know what to advise?Let us know what u have been doing really from 2003.Then we will know where to face.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bato231: 6:50am On Oct 24, 2010
@dasleeky
thanks for your contribution, Can you let me know the kind of cert. that is ok. Thanks SIR!
@ojap
I am a graduate of UNi. finished NYSC in june but am scared to show that at the embassy cos the consular might think am runing away that's why am going for another undergraduate. so i am dropping the degree cert. and want to know what i can say to cover all those gap, i just remember i have diplomas too
diploma 2yrs
IT-1yr
adv. dipl-2yrs
Do you now get this?
What can u advice?

@house, pls tell me what i can say help me out, to bridge that gap 2003-2010??
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seniorak47(m): 7:33am On Oct 24, 2010
@superbrain; thanks for your response to my question. Will consider your opinion seriously!! However, can a visitor visa holder who is my wife change to student or dependent when they get here? I know a dependent can change to student. Will appreciate a tip!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bato231: 7:36am On Oct 24, 2010
Can I ve your WAEC?
hand to him
What have you been doing since 2003 that you are just going for your degree now?

@ house pls answer this for me, waiting to hear from everyone, THANKS
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 8:08am On Oct 24, 2010
@ bato, the gap is really much but in my opinion what may smoothly fill it up is if you are able to come up with an employment letter. Like after the dates you got your advanced degree then the employment letter should come in stating dates from then till present. But come to think of it, age issues might even end up coming to light on the fact your going for undergrad. but it's up to you to take control. That's the much I can think of. Anyways, I am going for Spring, undergraduate as well and would be applying in December by God's grace.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bato231: 8:27am On Oct 24, 2010
@naggy
are u saying there is an age limit for an undergraduate visa applicant?

@house
pls help out with ur contribution on this issue
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 8:58am On Oct 24, 2010
@ bato, no that's not exactly what am saying. Pls don't get me wrong, I never implied there's something like age limit in visa applications. I am just saying cos there are some cases the consular maybe prompted to ask the applicant about their age and if the person is old enough, they will be like your so so and so age and your just going for your first degree and stuff like that, na wetin I mean oh. And I even went ahead to tell you if you can take control of the interview, that may not even arise. There's NO provision anywhere that someone can be rejected on the basis of age. There are even senior applicants here who were granted visas for undergraduate studies.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 11:57am On Oct 24, 2010
@ naggy, don't mince words.

@ bato231, it is simple. There are no age restrictions but if your WAEC was taken as far back as 7 years ago, be ready to profer a reasonable explanation as to what you have been doing. If you want to use certifications as a claim, then be ready to present documents to the consular. But ask yourself this. If someone told you he has been taking IT certifications for the past 7 years without doing anything else, is it logical? If you choose to add work experience(if you have any), be prepared to show documents in that regard. But be ready for a tough defence session. 7 years of work experience with IT certifications aint beans. You must show sound know and expertise in whatever certification you claim to have or whatever work experience you may have gathered. What if the consular is a computer science major?

I'm not saying you can't use certifications and work experience as a backup. If you have to use them, "plot your graph properly" so that your sorry may sound logical. Why don't you want to show your degree certificate? Are the majors different? Or is it the result? Did you take any tests (SAT or TOEFL)?

@ seniorak47, I don't know about that but you can as the International Students Advisor at your institution. I will also try to make enquiries. I feel you bro. Don't worry, it'll work out fine.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 12:06pm On Oct 24, 2010
Forgive my typo errors. *knowledge and *story.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 12:29pm On Oct 24, 2010
@ superbrain, thanks alot. You have just said it all exactly as I had in mind. I was even mincing words but you blew everything up. Well said bro, that's the enchilada!
@ bato, I wouldn't even advise you to take any advanced certification if you did not actually do the desktop thingy cos if you happen to fall into the hands of a consular who was a computer science major how will you be able to defend the certificate if questioned stuff on computer and IT? Remember those guys are well trained personnels.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cuddlemii: 2:22pm On Oct 24, 2010
edited for privacy sake
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deevick246(m): 4:06pm On Oct 24, 2010
Cuddlemii:

@bato,

I am a female but will answer your question tactically.

1) I am sure you should have relatives or egbons or friends who run their private companies even if its a printing press or sales outlet. You can claim to have worked with them and you get a company ID, CV, complementary card and employment letter. It could be a small company on your street, it could be a local IT training school for Computer Appreciation(all the excel, microsoft word etc. these are easy ones for you to defend). Dude, it can even be your uncles company or dad's registered company that has not started operating. The simplicity is safer.

2) I dont know if you are a christain or muslim( God forgive me). You can also claim to be a church worker that was in charge of the administration of the church or the PA to your pastor.etc. You were in charge of the graphics, computer, taping etc and the church paid you salary on a monthly basis

3) Then coupled with your qualification ( IT etc)

So its either you combine 1 & 3 OR 2 & 3. You must be composed, simple and apply your common sense thats why you should choose areas you can defend. Have a simple CV prepared too

Trust me the consular at this point wld respect your sincerity that u r not bragging abt working in a top company or so or claiming to have many cert but u told the truth and he or she would be sharp enough to know that based on the qualification u brought there, u cant be working in shell or chevron so atleast u kept urself busy rather than constituting a nuisance.

Consular: bato, what have u been doing from 2003 to 2010

bato: IT qualification and I work in a church as the techinal administrator

bato: IT qualification and I work in (see my nos 1 point)

Be as simple as ever so that too many question wont be thrown at you

So bato, why is this the time for you to go for an undergraduate degree

bato: Because the Nigerian economy is becoming more and more competitive everyday and in order to keep up I need an undergraduate degree from foreign credible university.

If you chose no 2( Pastor Orile who is my mentor has a masters from Ill state uni and this triggered my interest)

If you chose no 1( Mr Mark, my manager has an MBA from the US and gives preference to masters candidates from the US)- this shows u r planning to come back to work for Mr mark.

Best of luck!!!

I have more ideas but it would make my post lengthy

@ Cuddlemii
U're so indeed intelligent,this is obvious with the comment u put up there.Pls can l have ur yahoo id or email.l wanna talk to u,about some ideas l need on my stuff.
@ bato
U've got to sit down and plan ur root.its gonna be fine hopefully.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 5:08pm On Oct 24, 2010
@ cuddlemii, that was an excellent job you did up there. You're appreciated!
@ bato, so man you finally have great options before you now. Make a wise choice. All the best.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 6:22pm On Oct 24, 2010
@ Cuddlemi

You are so much intelligent, is your major mass comm?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seniorak47(m): 7:07pm On Oct 24, 2010
@superbrain, thanks. Will expect more info from all members.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by obeycity: 7:38pm On Oct 24, 2010
No be small thing ooo , if u are not here, e go dey hard to understand wetin guys dey face ooo.D sch fee na die ooo, unless your papa be minister then u no get wahala. Abeg house I wan ask if it is too early to marry as I be JJC like Djunit, we both came in 2 months ago . I hope say getting married so soon won't set bad signal on my record ooo, abeg make una advise me oo, by the way marriage na orijo, no be arrange or panda.

---@ House, make we dey share real gist abeg, let's face reality oo, I know the truth is bitter but the earlier d better. I don read some comment about " encouragement " I believe this threa has really helped alot of people and we shouldn't stick to sharing the good news alone, make we share d bad news so that other people can learn abeg .
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 7:54pm On Oct 24, 2010
@ all, I'm in a state of confusion now. I later received the admission package the institution sent me, (dated 7th October) and I received it on Thursday, it was boldly stated on the admission letter that a non-refundable deposit of $1000 (which will also be credited to the tuition) has to be paid on or before 25th, (which is Monday, tomorrow) I'll also have to fill the form and sign it. But as at now, I'm as confused as anything.
Another confusing part of the package is that there was another form asking me to indicate my decision, either I still wanted to enroll or otherwise, but on those 2 options, they wrote[b] $100.
Please advise me on what to do now

I've already paid for the visa and also booked an appointment, although, I've not received the Form I-20 yet
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by travelin(m): 9:01pm On Oct 24, 2010
usa visa lottery 2011 enquiry

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.