Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546900 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by savemysoul: 7:51pm On Mar 09, 2011
@Benom, thanx for your quick response, i like to ask if you have any one on mind, the little i have check is still expensive, please assist if you can thanx.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by yapyap(m): 8:44pm On Mar 09, 2011
I used my uncle as my sponsor, but the company I work for hv decided to sponsor me. What do I do as I have already received my I 20 and hv also. Filled my D 160 and my interview is coming up soon. My uncle acc is not much but the company acc is good. I need ur help than u.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DisGuy: 9:07pm On Mar 09, 2011
tell your company to put it in writing and get it signed by the md/ceo etc etc and if possible get their tax papers
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 2:41pm On Mar 10, 2011
@yapyap

I used my uncle as my sponsor, but the company I work for hv decided to sponsor me. What do I do as I have already received my I 20 and hv also. Filled my D 160 and my interview is coming up soon. My uncle acc is not much but the company acc is good. I need your help than u.

If you have actually filled the DS 160 form, I assume you would have specified your sponsor in the form already. So, are you asking about who you should use as your sponsor (after you have already specified it) or you are asking if you you can add your company as an additional sponsor?

It seems to me as if you are worried over the choice you have made already (that is if you have actually filled the DS 160 form). Well on the whole, you stand a better chance using your uncle as a sponsor than your employer. But I am not saying you can't get it if your employer is your sponsor. It all depends on what you are going for, and the duration.

The shorter your program, the likelihood of getting the visa with company sponsorship (except your father or close relative owns the business) which you must have all necessary documentations to prove. Company sponsorship is often good for few months courses than degree. Now let me ask you this question so that you can understand better. If you are an employer; can you give me good reason why you will send your employee (who is not your close relative) to the U.S, spending millions of naira on him to keep him there? Won't you just hire some one else who already has the skills you are looking for? If you can convince me with good reasons, then be ready to convince the consular too. And i bet it will be easier to convince me than the consular.

So, for few months courses, your company sponsorship is good. But for degrees, its a little bit hard (except its a family business which you must prove with documents). And in that case, be ready with the company incorporation certificates, tax clearance, the company account statement and the owner's personal account statement. It is assumed that if its your family business, and the owner (your dad or uncle) really wants to support you, he can make all these documents available to you.

If your uncle has more than is required in your I-20, I will advice you use your uncle alone. But if your uncle doesn't have that much, you may want to combine your company sponsorship with that if your uncle. Then on your I-20; did they specify your sources of funds? During my time on my I-20, "family sponsorship" was indicated on my I-20. If family sponsorship is listed on your I-20, then what the consular will like to see is your close relatives' sponsorship (father, mother, siblings, uncles, aunts). But if your I-20 says your family is your sponsor, ans you are stating just your employer in your interview; Me I no know ooo.

On a final note. When God or whatever you worship is at work, all those documents mentioned might not even be checked. You might not even spend up to five minutes or ten minutes there to be given the visa. However, you don't want to go to the consular to capitalize on luck alone. Often times, its your own utterances that make them ask for your documents, and that is why you shouldn't capitalize on luck alone, but go there fully prepared!

@All

Sorry I haven't spoken for long. As a matter of fact, I come here almost everyday, even if i don't spend as so much time. And as some of us know, I only make comments if i have to.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by denio215(m): 1:02pm On Mar 11, 2011
Hi friends, I was admitted into three (3) schools in the United States for FALL 2011 with the I-20s with me, but after proper consideration I prefer one to the rest two. My question now is that will I need to go to the embassy for the interview with the three (3) I-20s or should I just go with the one I prefer studying with? Because the VO's can be funny a times. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by anfanio: 3:07pm On Mar 11, 2011
Congrats, go with the one you prefer, usually the issue at the embassy is not with the school but your finances and other things.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 5:56pm On Mar 11, 2011
4rill, pls can you drop me your e mail we need to talk,i will love to ask you something privately.
thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sqlerror: 3:08am On Mar 12, 2011
Go with the three but submit the one from the school you want to attend. You might be asked to show the other two. I was at the embassy this january and the VO asked me how many schools gave me admission i said two and he ased for the admission letter from the other one. I told me i did not bring it and he was like "why didn't you bring it, why didn't you bring it?" He then asked, "where is your bank statement?" he only took a fleeting glance and said, "sorry, i can not issue you a visa at this time". So it is best you take the three along, incase you are asked to produce them. But you know how this things are, you may not be asked. Depends on the VO and the mood he is in.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2020(m): 8:40am On Mar 13, 2011
Hello friends, last year, i went for my interview, the VO asked 4 my academic transcript 2 show that i have been skuln since 2005 i left sec. school, i couldnt produce bc of the south east state school ASUU strike, now i hv gotten it, my skul will be sending me another i-20 2 start 4 d summer session, they also sent d embassy an email indicating that my admission is still valid and are aware of my prblm of not getting my transcript on time 4 dat, my admission was updated 2 d next academic session. Also i was asked 2 report wit d transcript b4 6 months time. Pls u guys shud tell me other documents i need 2 go with. Tnx
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2020(m): 8:41am On Mar 13, 2011
Hello friends, last year, i went for my interview, the VO asked 4 my academic transcript 2 show that i have been skuln since 2005 i left sec. school, i couldnt produce bc of the south east state school ASUU strike, now i hv gotten it, my skul will be sending me another i-20 2 start 4 d summer session, they also sent d embassy an email indicating that my admission is still valid and are aware of my prblm of not getting my transcript on time 4 dat, my admission was updated 2 d next academic session. Also i was asked 2 report wit d transcript b4 6 months time. Pls u guys shud tell me other documents i need 2 go with. Tnx
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ACCA247: 8:42am On Mar 13, 2011

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries
« #6160 on: February 11, 2011, 10:34 PM »

Hello House,
How are you doing and am very sorry to be away for sometime,i have been sorting out things in my sch due to my admission but hopefully everything will be fine.
To the house in case you are looking for cheap school you can try to check my school,Southwest Minnesota State University.and incase of you getting your admission from the sch am ready to help you through i just had a meeting with the admission office and the international office in my school about Nigeria and how we can be able to get admission in time.
So contact me if you are interested in apply to the my school and i want to let you know that am not taking any fee from anybody just contributing to the development of this thread but i will help you through how you will get your admission letter and I20.

contact me on layric01@yahoo.com in case am not on here .

@Layric,do u you YIM? I added u
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ACCA247: 9:15am On Mar 13, 2011
Hello Everyone,
I graduated from Polytechnic in 2004 and I underwent A year Ind.training in my father's company. I also worked for the company for 27mths. I worked voluntarily for a ministry in my state and I started my own business in 2008.The business is doing fine and I have like 4m in my acct. I also have share worth 2m valued my cscs. I have a mini truck for transportation. Now,I want to continue with my studies cos I want to expand my business and I need vast knowledge especially in the area of operational and financial management. I want to pursue Bsc in Biz or Accounting and I want to sponsor myself.
I've already secured admission in a college in Canada for ACCA qualification,but I was advised that I don't stand a chance of getting canada study permit with this kind of programme since such course is available in Nigeria and it is just a prep. for professional exams. On the otherside,I was once refused canada study visa in 2007. Though I was sponsored then by my Uncle.
Now,I do not want to put all eggs in a basket. While I intend to give the ACCA a try @ the Canadian High Commission this month,I also want to start a new look for American universities admission. Incase,JUST incase,the canadians refuse my visa application on the basis of not being a BONAFIDE STUDENT as usual.
Do I stand a chance of Visa if I apply to the U.S Embassy as a self sponsor? Considering the year I graduated from Polytechnic,do I still have a chance? I also have Netherland and Uk refusal on my e-passport.
I have a tall dream and I wanna live the dream. Please advise and help me. I welcome post and comments from everyone. thx
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 2:04pm On Mar 13, 2011
@ ACCA 247 i have added you and we can talk about it anytime you are online.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 5:06pm On Mar 13, 2011
@layric
4rill, pls can you drop me your e mail we need to talk,i will love to ask you something privately.
thanks
I have sent an email to you. There you will find my own e-mail too,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sanciro: 7:36pm On Mar 13, 2011
Hello,heard US embassy has changed mode of schedulln appointment.would like u guys to put me thru wiv the detail.hope to read from the house asap
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 8:51pm On Mar 13, 2011
who are the moderators here? why is my post not appearing? I gave an answer which might be helpful to someone, and it doesn't appear. Na una sabi.

@ACCA 247
I tried to answer your question to the best of my abilities. I guess your people who called themselves moderators didn't allow it to appear,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ACCA247: 10:14pm On Mar 13, 2011
Hello Everyone,
I graduated from Polytechnic in 2004 and I underwent A year Ind.training in my father's company. I also worked for the company for 27mths. I worked voluntarily for a ministry in my state and I started my own business in 2008.The business is doing fine and I have like 4m in my acct. I also have share worth 2m valued my cscs. I have a mini truck for transportation. Now,I want to continue with my studies cos I want to expand my business and I need vast knowledge especially in the area of operational and financial management. I want to pursue Bsc in Biz or Accounting and I want to sponsor myself.
I've already secured admission in a college in Canada for ACCA qualification,but I was advised that I don't stand a chance of getting canada study permit with this kind of programme since such course is available in Nigeria and it is just a prep. for professional exams. On the other side,I was once refused canada study visa in 2007. Though I was sponsored then by my Uncle.
Now,I do not want to put all eggs in a basket. While I intend to give the ACCA a try @ the Canadian High Commission this month,I also want to start a new look for American universities admission. Incase,JUST incase,the canadians refuse my visa application on the basis of not being a BONAFIDE STUDENT as usual.
Do I stand a chance of Visa if I apply to the U.S Embassy as a self sponsor? Considering the year I graduated from Polytechnic,do I still have a chance? I also have Netherland and Uk refusal on my e-passport.
I have a tall dream and I wanna live the dream. Please advise and help me. I welcome post and comments from everyone. thx
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ACCA247: 10:17pm On Mar 13, 2011
@4ril,I really appreciate ur concern. do u have YIM? can we contact on yahoo?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fris(m): 11:30pm On Mar 13, 2011
I just spent 2 weeks reading and reading comments,post and replies from page 1 - 199 now.I must say who ever has a question please spending time to read this thread would do you a great favour, As most problem or question you might face has been answered.I never posted a question i had because one page or the other answered it.Just one week more for my interview.I hope to get the visa because from reading and reading I think nothing is left again is for me to walk in and get the visa in Abuja next week.

I also found this site resourceful.It is a site stating possible questions VO ask student applicant for F-1 (http://www.happyschoolsblog.com/f1-student-visa-interview-questions/ ). Wish you all the best and will post update when i get the visa.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 2:33am On Mar 14, 2011
@ fris,
Hello fris pls can we talk on yahoo?my id is layric01@yahoo.com or leave yours here for me lets sort somethings out.

layric
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ACCA247: 12:02pm On Mar 14, 2011
Hello Everyone,
I've already secured admission in a college in Canada for ACCA qualification,but I was advised that I don't stand a chance of getting canada study permit with this kind of programme since such course is available in Nigeria and it is just a prep. for professional exams. On the other side,I was once refused canada study visa in 2007. Though I was sponsored then by my Uncle.
Now,I do not want to put all eggs in a basket. While I intend to give the ACCA a try at the Canadian High Commission this month,I also want to start a new look for American universities admission. Incase,just incase,the canadians refuse my visa application on the basis of not being a BONAFIDE STUDENT as usual.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seal777(m): 12:16pm On Mar 14, 2011
@layric& fris, i ve gone tru all the pages on dis topic too waiting for my interview nxt wk to collect my visa.
seal4all@yahoo.com is my id,no one is an island lets fine tune ideas b4 our interview date.
Drop a line and lets get talkin.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seal777(m): 8:30am On Mar 15, 2011
@all,
I just noticed the lenght of stay on my I-20 is 60 months while on my DS-160 form that i had earlier filled b4 i got my I-20 form. SHOULD I EDIT THE INFO?.MY INTERVIEW IS LESR THAN A WK NW.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ACCA247: 9:09am On Mar 15, 2011
@Everyone,Please I need tips on how to get student visa to the U.S as a self sponsor. I want to pursue B.sc in Business management or Accounting. I graduated with OND in 2004 though I have being working since 2004 . from Ind. training,to father's business,then to my on Business in 2008.
I welcome advice and tips from all Nairalander. Pls. I need urgent response.
Thank you all.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by keyne(f): 8:13am On Mar 16, 2011
ACCA 247:

@Everyone,Please I need tips on how to get student visa to the U.S as a self sponsor. I want to pursue B.sc in Business management or Accounting. I graduated with OND in 2004 though I have being working since 2004 . from Ind. training,to father's business,then to my on Business in 2008.
I welcome advice and tips from all Nairalander. Pls. I need urgent response.
Thank you all.
as a self sponsor, extremely hard with th US embassy, cant u transfer funds to your mom or relation acct to act as a sponsor?
btw,,the truth with US embassy is the need to be bold and fast
THE DAY i WENT FOR MY INTERVIEW WITH NO LESSONS AND STUFF, i was scared because that day was denial day for all students, but with the right attitude,SMILE(shows confidence, look into ur interviewere's eyes and smile),and right documents,u will get it.

PLEASE,listen to the questions before rambling off yhur crammed answers and pray heavily when you go
tip:if u can avoid the handsome guy in a ponytail and that chinko lady,please do, the old man with grey hair is nice,but the handsome guy and that chinco lady!ha!use the bathroom trick!good luluck
btw,if u nid a full ride scholarship and u go a good SAT score apply to Universiy of New Orleans,and ivy-league schools, for cheapp schools try Minot State University,Blue Mountain University.would send mur if i can get from my school!great luck guys and pray!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ACCA247: 2:09pm On Mar 16, 2011
@Keyne and all other guyz in d house[/b] thank you so much for your advice and tip. The problem I have abt the sponsorship is that I do not have any relative I can transfer such fund into his/her acct. Moreso,the U.S Embassy requires 6mth backward bank statement. Also,even if I can one,how abt the evidence of their business? Meanwhile,I have documents for the reg. of my business and I have tax clearance cert. I have some evidences backing my business and d fund in the bank.
I got more question,sorry if I sound a bit disturbing. I hope my age wont raise an alarm. I am 28 and I graduated with OND in 2004,though I have wisely bridged the gap since then till now. I had a year Ind.training @ my Dad's company and also worked for 27mnths @ d same company,I also worked voluntarily with a social organization for 6mths before I started my biz. in May 2008 till date. My only worry is if anyone on this forum has ever gotten visa as a self sponsor especially with a case similar to me. Pls. I need a testimony,advice and tip.
Thanks to you all.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by denio215(m): 9:27pm On Mar 16, 2011
Hello House, I actually have an HND in Business Administration and after my NYSC service, I joined my dad's own company (Family Business) which are into the business of Cargo handling, Warehousing & Logistics. I've been working with this company for almost 5 years now but within these years I have been attending seminars and conferences that is related to the line of our business (Most of these seminars are in the country & outside the country) because my father wants me to be well grounded in this business after he might have retired. So now he wants me to go and take an international course of study that is fully related to our line of business because of the way logistics business is being growing globally and after much research I applied to 3 schools in the USA and had been offered an admission to study Logistics, Material & Supply Chain management in a particular school with my I-20 at hand. But my question now is this: Wont the consular officer ask me why am I going for B.sc again after I've already gotten an HND? That I ought to have gone for Masters but sincere my dad wants me to be fully grounded in this course of study that's why he said I should start from the scratch besides I'm over 30 years now. I need your advise on this please. Thanks and God bless you all.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by anfanio: 11:21pm On Mar 16, 2011
denio 215
You need Logistics, Material & Supply Chain management if you intend to be the chief clerk or supervisor when you come back. I know you are the best in that company now so you need MBA. As the heir apparent to the throne you will be managing people, the knowledge you have now can not be taken from you, don't waste your time and his money (your money too). Now to the consular officer question, yes he would ask you and here is another one he would ask - would you study engineering if your father ask you, at your age? Ssshhhhhhhh, don't answer it, from now on, lets keep daddy out of it, and I'm sorry if I sound too harsh. The point is, at the executive level, you have people working for you, you are making calls and getting the big contracts signed, you tell your managers your goal for the year, its either they reach it or reach for the door. Family issues are sometimes difficult to handle, be diplomatic and take a stand. Your chances are better when going for the MBA. Good luck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.