Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,082 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546883 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 7:53pm On Mar 25, 2011
@ imperiouxx and next2_TX, very well spoken.

@ fris, take the TOEFL test and go back to the embassy. Also try to apply to a different school. You should be good.

@ seal777, Bro, next2_TX is right. But don't give up. Go back again. Don't be perturbed.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seal777(m): 8:59am On Mar 26, 2011
@next2_TX, mentioning those 3 in US might b a red flag bt my brother/sponsor works wit chevron wit enof funds,may b only my brother will do.he hardly stay out of foreign trips,mostly US&dont encourage lies(sorry diplomacy in our own words).i also see applyin to one school as another one, i am on d march again sha.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seal777(m): 9:03am On Mar 26, 2011
@house,do i need to fill another DS-160 form to re-apply? or d previous on is stil valid as al my info remains d same. PLS ADVICE
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 9:23am On Mar 26, 2011
@ seal77 - You still need to fill anither DS-160 and make sure you don't lie or change anythiing. just fill it as you fill the initial one.

@Kaycome - Have you pay yet if not ask pple that have paid b4 to tell you how is it and you must owe like 50k including the T-fare.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2020(m): 11:25am On Mar 26, 2011
Hello friends, i have a problem. My e-passport will expire on dec13 2014, my prblm is that my I-20 has 5years as duration. Do i need a new passport. Please i need response tnx
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2020(m): 11:27am On Mar 26, 2011
Hello friends, i have a problem. My e-passport will expire on dec13 2014, my prblm is that my I-20 has 5years as duration. Do i need a new passport. Please i need response tnx
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kaycome: 11:54am On Mar 26, 2011
@seed. I am yet to go there. You mention yellow.Please i don't understand what you mean by that. Also can you tell me where the bank is in seme?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kaycome: 11:55am On Mar 26, 2011
Please i need people to help me on how to pay my sevis fee thru western union in seme. I am planing to go there this week but i don't know where the Ecobank is. I will be grateful if people can give me details on how to get there, the total fee i will need to pay and do i need to change the money to dollars?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by next2TX: 1:27pm On Mar 26, 2011
@seal777, my soldier!!! dats d spirit, lets go there, using only ur bro is kool since he's ur sponsor. but abeg dont change any info on ur form oo. cool
@james2020 , ur prblm is that ur I-20 has 5years as duration.PLs i cant get dis wela, 5yrs or 5months e-pass validitiy? if it's wat am thinking, as far has ur pass is still valid til 2014 u av no qualms.keep movin,
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kildran: 1:57pm On Mar 26, 2011
gud info
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seal777(m): 2:30pm On Mar 26, 2011
@seedord, its confusing cos wat i heard is that the initial DS form i filled is valid,all i need is to quote the code on it to book another appointment which i did and my appointment was accepted.Same applies to my I-20,heard the sevis no is valid,just that i need to get a new one to reflect change in date b4 my interview date. Any concrete contrary opinion?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2020(m): 4:41pm On Mar 26, 2011
@next2_tx, my passport will expire in 2014 while the duration of stay in u.s will end in may 2016, so do i need a new passport to apply in the embassy. Pls u guys shud help clarify me.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by next2TX: 6:17pm On Mar 26, 2011
james2020:

@next2_tx, my passport will expire in 2014 while the duration of stay in u.s will end in may 2016, so do i need a new passport to apply in the embassy. Pls u guys shud help clarify me.
kk, u can only renew ur pasport wen d validity expire(i.e in 2014), even if u av a visa(lets say in 2014) on it nd it is still runnin, it will surely be transfered 2ur new e_pass.no wahala, got dat clear?. i fink u wil need to see d Nigerian Embasy or/and DHS in US wen d tym kom, keep movin,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by anfanio: 6:18pm On Mar 26, 2011
james2020,
No, you don't have to renew your passport until 2014 or thereafter, to get a visa you need a passport that is at least 6 months from expiration. Renewal is just an of extension of validity date on your current passport by the Nigerian Authority concerned, depending on your location.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2020(m): 7:51pm On Mar 26, 2011
@next2_tx and @anfanio i say tnx 4 ur rspns. I can now go, i was afraid of going 2 get another passport, but now i can go without prblms
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 4:20pm On Mar 27, 2011
@kayCome

The bank is just a 2 minute walk from the border and regarding the yellow card, i don't really know what's meant for but i was told too buy it by the Nigeria Immigration officer and it cost 500 naira. I think if you don't have the yellow card the Cotonou police will disturb you and fine you some amount.

P.S No carru okada ooooo dem go scam you ni,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ossicle: 11:14am On Mar 28, 2011
Guys pls rejoice with me,

Just got my Student visa @Abuja now,

ALL GLORY BE TO GOD ALONE!!!

Please trust only on GOD,not on your wits!, and be SINCERE!, I got my VISA via the toughest guy (middle).

, wishing everybody all the best!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by next2TX: 11:40am On Mar 28, 2011
ossicle!:

Please trust only on GOD,not on your wits!, and be SINCERE!, I got my VISA via the toughest guy (middle).

WAOO!!!! 2 God be d glory. CONGRATS!!! anoda morale booster. i waka celebr8 wit u ooo. wat a gud story to start dis monday with, pls dont 4get 2 post d interview @ ur leisure tym, wishin u a succesful trip 2 yankee, Be a gud ambassador of 9ja, of nairaland. smiley cooloneluv.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 12:00pm On Mar 28, 2011
ossicle!:

I dey happy 4 you broooo. . . . . . . still more happy story to come.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Toluth(m): 12:24pm On Mar 28, 2011
@visual, I'm also thinking of doing economics at graduate level [Msc], I'v not been able to see a school that offer the course. I would like if you can tell me more about your school and others you saw, and the tuition, Its necesarry. thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seal777(m): 1:50pm On Mar 28, 2011
Almighty Seedorf, congratulation.GOD IS GREAT.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Edufresh(m): 4:18pm On Mar 28, 2011
NEED A US VISA
US Visa appointment fees are now payable at designated UBA Business Offices nationwide following the introduction of a new Visa Appointment Booking system by the US Embassy in collaboration with VFS Global Services.

What you need to know

Q: How much do I need to pay for a US Visa Appointment?
A: Only N3, 500 per applicant.

Is the Visa appointment fee the same as the Visa application fee?
NO. The Visa application fee is separate from the appointment fee.

How do I make payment?
Payment can be made by cash or UBA Cheque at designated UBA Business Offices nationwide.

Can I pay the Visa application fee and the appointment fee at the same time?
Yes it is highly recommended that you pay both fees at the same time. Simply fill out two separate deposit slips or separate UBA Cheques.

Do I need to bring my international passport to pay for my Visa appointment?
You are required to present your international passport or a clear copy of the bio-data page to process the payment.

Do I get receipt after making payment?
A receipt will be issued to with a seven digit unique receipt number valid for booking your appointment.

Do I make only one payment of N3, 500 for my whole family?
No, you have to pay and book separate appointment for each individual member of the family.

If I change my mind about applying for a US Visa, can I get my Visa appointment fee refunded?
The Visa Appointment fee is ‘Non Refundable’ and Non Transferable’.

How do I book my appointment?
Visit the website www.usa-vfsglobal-ng.com and make your booking using the unique number on the receipt issued at the point of payment.

However, many people keep complaining of missing the appointments for which they require the US Visa in the first place because of late appointment date offered to them by the US Embassy. Of course this is because of over estimated number of 20,000 Nigerians queuing in the US Embassy to obtain a US Visa appointment.

Call Austin on 08034345598 For your US Visa Appointment
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ossicle: 6:10pm On Mar 28, 2011
Edufresh:

NEED A US VISA
US Visa appointment fees are now payable at designated UBA Business Offices nationwide following the introduction of a new Visa Appointment Booking system by the US Embassy in collaboration with VFS Global Services.

What you need to know

Q: How much do I need to pay for a US Visa Appointment?
A: Only N3, 500 per applicant.

Is the Visa appointment fee the same as the Visa application fee?
NO. The Visa application fee is separate from the appointment fee.

How do I make payment?
Payment can be made by cash or UBA Cheque at designated UBA Business Offices nationwide.

Can I pay the Visa application fee and the appointment fee at the same time?
Yes it is highly recommended that you pay both fees at the same time. Simply fill out two separate deposit slips or separate UBA Cheques.

Do I need to bring my international passport to pay for my Visa appointment?
You are required to present your international passport or a clear copy of the bio-data page to process the payment.

Do I get receipt after making payment?
A receipt will be issued to with a seven digit unique receipt number valid for booking your appointment.

Do I make only one payment of N3, 500 for my whole family?
No, you have to pay and book separate appointment for each individual member of the family.

If I change my mind about applying for a US Visa, can I get my Visa appointment fee refunded?
The Visa Appointment fee is ‘Non Refundable’ and Non Transferable’.

How do I book my appointment?
Visit the website www.usa-vfsglobal-ng.com and make your booking using the unique number on the receipt issued at the point of payment.

However, many people keep complaining of missing the appointments for which they require the US Visa in the first place because of late appointment date offered to them by the US Embassy. Of course this is because of over estimated number of 20,000 Nigerians queuing in the US Embassy to obtain a US Visa appointment.

Call Austin on 08034345598 For your US Visa Appointment

MR Man,please get your self out of this blog!!!!, We donot need people like you with confusing information in here.

And as far as I can see,you are a fraudster!!!

, For your information the new VSF Payment is done only and only thru GTBANK.

Also the website to apply through is www.usatraveldocs.com,there is also nothing like a N3,500 Appointment fee. as you claimed,you bloody liar.

People in this Forum are honest and intelligent people who can research and apply on their own.

And if you need to know,I just got my student visa today and without the help of fraudsters like you!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 8:15pm On Mar 28, 2011
ossicle!:

ossicle! you are good. I'm happy for you. You make my ears function like ossicle! ossicle!! ossicle!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2020(m): 8:45pm On Mar 28, 2011
My question is this, can someone fill in the info of a deceased parent while completing the ds 160 online form. I need advice and response. Tnx
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by newacca: 10:21pm On Mar 28, 2011
Osscile,CONGRATS! @ others that were denied. If at first u dnt succeed,try and try and try again. Nigerians are known for die hard spirit. ciao
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by visuals(m): 11:57pm On Mar 28, 2011
@Toluth,
I never said i want to enter for Economics but for an MBA in Business Adminstration in Globe University,Minnesota.
Feel free to search thru their web site to see if they have any course of Economics in the school.
You can also take your time to check CAMERON UNIVERSITY.I heard international student pays only $35 for the
admission preparation and that its school fee is not as high as that of GLOBE UNIVERSITY,
Good luck!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by visuals(m): 12:01am On Mar 29, 2011
ossicle!:

HAPPY FOR U MAN! OURS WILL BE A DAY OF JOY TOO IN JESUS NAME, PLS,DNT 4GET TO SHARE UR XPERIECE WIT D HOUSE O
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 1:29am On Mar 29, 2011
Hi People,

I'm happy for those of you who got their Visas, As for those who were denied I want you to be strong and prepare for your second coming, For those of you who haven't gone, please learn from the mistakes of others and use it to your advantage,

I would like to say this first, if you dont know how to lie dont try it! It is so to tell when some people are lyin so it is best if You dont lie since you know you are not good at it.

The guys who do the interview have one weak point, they believe so much that they can tell when you are lyin, We all know this so we should be able to use it to their advantage, No braggin, it would take only GOD to know if I'm well prepared to tell lies, Na the way I grow up so dont blame me, grin grin grin grin

This is what I want everyone to know, It is very hard to go to that Embassy and not lie, very few people would go there and not lie, The only way you would not lie is if your Papa na one rich man, If you be like me, there is every tendency that you are goin to lie, So abeg before we tell lies, lets make sure we are able to convince ourselves with the lies,

Someone said you needed TOEFL to get US Visa, I say that is a lie because I got my visa without TOEFL and UK denial had just been stamped on it. It is not whether you do TOEFL or not, Most of these schools only need TOEFL because they use that to access you. My school waived it for me because I was in contact with them for months, And they took all my emails into consideration before they waved it for me.

The guy that interviewed me asked me for TOEFL and I told him exactly that, School waived it because they got convinced I didn't need it cos of my emails,

I also read someone where that you have to dress like Bill Gates, George Bush, Why cant you dress like Steve Jobs? From my assessment of those guys at the embassy, if they take anything into consideration it would be the way you talk to them, they way you look and not how much your clothes cost,

When I went for my interview, my Big Bros insisted I wore a button shirt cos ordinarily I am the T-shirt guy, Just because I wanted to please them I took a shirt to ABJ, because it had been long I wore that shirt I didn't know the last button to cover the chest was broken and wasn't functional, I could go back to lag to get a new shirt, so I wore it that way, My chest was open and my singlet was visible to everyone but I didn't care much about it. Dont get me wrong here, even with the button off I didn't look like a tout or criminal. That didn't make them not give me Visa and I got to understand more that what you wear does not really count to these people when I got here. Just look nice and you will be fine,

Another big this is your Age, The guy who interviewed me asked me of my Age, I told him I was 21 and he said he didn't believe I was up to that, He had to look at my passport again, Accordin to him, I look 19, And I hear that every day where I work here that I look 18 or 19, Guys, what I am sayin is I know what to do to myself to look my real age but someone advised me to look as young as possible at the time I was goin for My interview and it worked, All I needed to do to look old was leave my hair a little but I didn't do that, I cut my hair and looked as young as possible,

Try your best to discuss with them, dont see it as an interview but see it as a discussion between two people, that would ease you a little and would take a little fear from you, I know it is hard but it is very possible, just relate with them as friends and not as people who are superior than you because they are not,

People laughed at me when the CO asked me "What is Statistics?" and I answered, "I dont know now because it's been a while but when I read my books again I would be able to give you an answer" but that proved to be the right answer, Some people here called me dumb, trust me I am ten times smarter than most of them!!!!!! I could have given that guy my English understandin of the word statistics but I chose not to because that might not be what he wanted to hear,

Some people would agree with my post but some wouldn't, I wouldn't have posted this if someone did not ask me to, I'm just doin it for the person and I pray that person would get his Visa soon,

Just remember, if you are not good at tellin lies dont try it!!!! And you dont have to dress to kill, What is the essence of dressin like Bill Gates and you talk like Baby of cash money? ( To me that guy is the dumbest guy alive, Ask him anything and his response would be how much he and his son make) grin grin grin grin

And dont forget to put God first in everything, God be with us all
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nues1850: 9:18am On Mar 29, 2011
pls can somebody help me out i have a gp of 2.3 out of possible 5 and i want to go for my master in us what ar the chances of getting a university in us that will accept my gp for a master degree
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Toluth(m): 1:49pm On Mar 29, 2011
@visuals, thanks for your reply. Really appreciate it.
@house, Pls I need help on how to calculate the tuition pre credit hour, Its really important,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by yapyap(m): 2:12pm On Mar 29, 2011
i went to the embassy for for a few months program, and for the second time was denied the us student visa, i felt so bad because i thought i was going to get the visa.
i was told i was not a credible student at the embassy that is to say i won't return, the funny thing is that for real i am coming back.
the guy at the abj embassy was too serious and strict, no student was given a visa, i tell u only couples , families, and mostly those who have traveled and came back.
i thought i was not returning to the embassy again due to annoyance, but my work just won a scholarship, i told them i will want ti paid for my trip for the short program in us.
guys what do u think should i give it another shot with the scholarship/ grant i just received. meanwhile i have already paid the fees. thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.