Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,211 members, 7,836,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546876 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by anfanio: 11:30pm On Mar 16, 2011
ACCA 247,
Whatever you do, don't move your money into somebody else's account. You will need to explain sudden lump sum into that account and the focus will be on that account, so be careful. Will follow up with you later.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by picckito: 8:30pm On Mar 17, 2011
hello house pls i want to know the available date for Abuja and Lagos, i mean visa appointment date
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 10:30pm On Mar 17, 2011
Good work here guys. I'm new here(just 1wk old) and I have been reading the thread from the beginning up to page 80 now. My question is how do I know the available dates to schedule appointment. I want to know if I'm standing a good chance for interview before May 18 when my school resumes for summer semester. Though, I haven't gotten my I-20 from my school yet. Or I should just defer my admission to fall semester.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 2:26pm On Mar 18, 2011
imperiouxx:

Good work here guys. I'm new here(just 1wk old) and I have been reading the thread from the beginning up to page 80 now. My question is how do I know the available dates to schedule appointment. I want to know if I'm standing a good chance for interview before May 18 when my school resumes for summer semester. Though, I haven't gotten my I-20 from my school yet. Or I should just defer my admission to fall semester.

It makes more sense if you resume in fall so that your I-20 and other documents can arrive in time. So, defer and take your time to do it right instead of trying to book a date now and messing things up because of incomplete docs. All the best.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by trutuk: 2:49pm On Mar 18, 2011
Please i need help, i applied to an American university for my MSD with HND certificate but my application was denied. Is there any means of furthering my education in any American university with my HND cert?. Also can i apply for an undergraduate degree and transfer my HND works so i don't have to start my degree from 100L. Your contribution will be highly appreciated. Please no one should tell me about his educational center where they want money to help secure admission abroad.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by newacca: 4:47pm On Mar 18, 2011
@Anfanio et all. I am here again! This is former acca247. I do not know why nairaland has failed to post my comment or allow me to post comment. this hurts. Anyway,follow me up on my new id. Thank you so much everybody.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deevick246(m): 6:12pm On Mar 18, 2011
trutuk:

Please i need help, i applied to an American university for my MSD with HND certificate but my application was denied. Is there any means of furthering my education in any American university with my HND cert?. Also can i apply for an undergraduate degree and transfer my HND works so i don't have to start my degree from 100L. Your contribution will be highly appreciated. Please no one should tell me about his educational center where they want money to help secure admission abroad.

Yes u can apply with your HND certificate to further your studies in a university in the united states.But l need to ask u the following questions?
1. Whats the MSD you applied for before?
2. What did you studied in your HND studies,which institution and in what did you graduated?
I am too sure u can get admission with ur HND certificate,but first u need to have ur GPA converted to a united states GPA.what l mean is,your transcripts need to be evaluated,so that ur GPA grade can be converted to a united states Bsc grade.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 9:55pm On Mar 18, 2011
Thanks superbrain. I found this thread really useful too and I'm at page 91 of this US student visa manual as I like to call it smiley
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seal777(m): 3:54pm On Mar 19, 2011
My interview is on monday,all documents re ready.Butterflies in my stomach, ummm!!!.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seal777(m): 4:14pm On Mar 19, 2011
My interview is on 21st march,all documents re ready.Butterflies in my stomach, ummn!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Daybeecee(m): 7:34pm On Mar 19, 2011
@deevick246 Thanks so much for your for previous contribution. In my own case, I'm HND holder, from Osun State Polythecnic, Elect/Elect Engr, Upper Credit (3.20 GP). I'm also planning to study abroad, so, kindly assist me on what next to do. My email is daybeesee@gmail.com. Thanks in anticipation. smiley smiley smiley
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ossicle: 8:53pm On Mar 19, 2011
seal777:

My interview is on 21st march,all documents re ready.Butterflies in my stomach, ummn!

Hello Seal777,
Here's wishing you all the very best,GODs favor go with you all the way.come back with News of good tiding!!!

mine also is on the 28th of march,@Abuja though, may we all be @ the place of his divine favors!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 11:20pm On Mar 19, 2011
House pls oooo the skool i applied to is tllin me to send all my documents original,after i had already snt photocopies accompanied wif an affidavits of oats,wat if i snd my waec nd d rest original nd i dnt get my visa how do i get an addmission here in nigeria,evrybody dat got dere addmissions nd i-20s pls oooo did u snd ur original rsults nd transcripts? Pls i need answers asap frm every body on this treand
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by tanyaneeds(f): 1:48am On Mar 20, 2011
try the Canada resident program.its better
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by niyimeg: 8:40am On Mar 20, 2011
hello house,

please i just finshed my university education dis year and am planning of going for my MASTERS in the US, can i get schools with less than $10,000 as tuition fees? tHANKS
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seal777(m): 10:42am On Mar 20, 2011
@ossicle, thanks a lot. We re both going there to collect our visas cos i have it on Gods authority that its sealed.Nt by power:God willing,expect my testimony this time tommorow
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 1:44pm On Mar 20, 2011
What is the implication of having one middle name on credentials but two on passport. My names as they appear

On passport: ADELEYE OLUSEYI TOLU AFOLABI

On credentials(WAEC cert , B.Sc cert, Transcript, NYSC cert) and Admission applications: ADELEYE OLUSEYI AFOLABI

I became worried when my school asked me to forward my passport biodata page to them to prepare my I-20 for the fall admission. So, I guess the names will appear the way it is on the passport. Though, all the four names are all I have on my birth certificate. So my questions are:

(1) Will this affect my chance with the consular?
(2) Should I go and make correction to this at the passport office and tell my school to wait till my new passport is out?
(3) Should I just ignore this since my birth certificate have all the four stated names on it and when filling the DS-160 form and SEVIS form, should I enter my names the way it is on passport or on credentials?

Anxiously waiting to hearing from you good guys.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 6:53pm On Mar 20, 2011
Long time everyone, I see lots of good things happening. I want to find out if there is anyone doing a Masters in Public Health
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by picckito: 8:37pm On Mar 20, 2011
hello house pls i want to know the available date for Abuja and Lagos, i mean visa appointment date
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 8:39pm On Mar 20, 2011
Plssssssss any1 am still waitin 4 replies to my question.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by newacca: 9:38pm On Mar 20, 2011
[b]@imperiouxx, [/b]I will advice you to go and make an affidavit at the court. Make the oath,claiming that you are ADELEYE OLUSEYI AFOLABI as it is all on your credentials(you may be lucky if you have your photo on your waec certificate cos mine have my photo;it will back your story) and that you now wished to be addressed as ADELEYE OLUSEYI TOLU AFOLABI,as research had it that your full middle name is OLUSEYI TOLU and that you now wish to be addressed as: ADELEYE OLUSEYI TOLU AFOLABI
I have once had this similar case. The typist at the high court knows how to draft the oath,before being signed by the commissioner of oath.
1)This will not affect your visa application in anyway,if you have already make a reference to the changes in your name while applying for the visa. It is better you make the reference rather than for the Visa officer to discover it.
2)If you can take the time to change it at the Passport office,no problem. but it will cost you time and a bit huge amount of money to correct this issue. More so,you can only correct it at the Nig. Immigration Service Headquarter in Abuja.
3) Pls. do not ignore it! Give them the four names and back your study visa application up with the sworn affidavit.
I wish you goodluck.
ciao

@Waryz,

Though I have never applied to any American uni or schl,but I have applied severally to Canada and Uk. Pls.not send your original certificate to any school outside Nigeria. It's different if it is embassy here in Nigeria. You can go to the schl where u did your waec,they will always produce original notification of waec result to you(not the certificate ooo) The original certificate is for you,so keep it well. So,go to the skool and collect the copt,which is original and send it to the skool. Now the rest of the result,go to your prev. Uni or poly,with the address of the university in America,tell them you want to send your transcript to the uni in america,they will charge you fee and they will get it posted. u can send ur transcript via ur previous skool to any skool in the world as long as you pay the shipping charges. The skool will not give ur transcript directly to you. They can only send it to employers or skools. I advice you,do not send you [b][/b]ORIGINAL certificate to any skool,especially outside 9ja. be wise.
ciao
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 11:32am On Mar 21, 2011
newacca:
@imperiouxx, I will advice you to go and make an affidavit at the court. Make the oath,claiming that you are ADELEYE OLUSEYI AFOLABI as it is all on your credentials(you may be lucky if you have your photo on your waec certificate cos mine have my photo;it will back your story) and that you now wished to be addressed as ADELEYE OLUSEYI TOLU AFOLABI,as research had it that your full middle name is OLUSEYI TOLU  and that you now wish to be addressed as: ADELEYE OLUSEYI TOLU AFOLABI
I have once had this similar case. The typist at the high court knows how to draft the oath,before being signed by the commissioner of oath.
1)This will not affect your visa application in anyway,if you have already make a reference to the changes in your name while applying for the visa. It is better you make the reference rather than for the Visa officer to discover it.
2)If you can take the time to change it at the Passport office,no problem. but it will cost you time and a bit huge amount of money to correct this issue. More so,you can only correct it at the Nig. Immigration Service Headquarter in Abuja.
3) Pls. do not ignore it! Give them the four names and back your study visa application up with the sworn affidavit.
I wish you goodluck.
ciao

Thanks newacca. I will go and have that done soon. Can I just go for notary public instead of affidavit?

Also, a school told me that they do emphasize on students going for PhD rather than wasting time on MSc as it widely accepted in the US now.

what is the chance with the consular with this?

Can this enhances the chance of one getting the visa or not?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by newacca: 11:54am On Mar 21, 2011
@imperiouxx,
U r welcome imperiouxx. I am always at your service.Yes,you can go for notary public if you desire. Just make the change of name legalized for record purpose and some other factors.
I do not know much about studying Msc or Phd in the States,but you can go for Msc. you stand the chance of getting the visa. getting Msc. wont be problem and adding Ph.d to it will not be bad either. If I were you,I will pursue Msc. I will consider if I want to work else where apart from America. I prefer you go for Msc. then Phd l8er.
I am here to reply to your questions to the best of my knowledge.
ciao
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by visuals(m): 9:06am On Mar 22, 2011
HELLO FRIENDS,I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR A WAY TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE TOPICS HERE ON GROUND WHICH I FINALLY FOUND EASY TODAY.THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAVE SHARED THEIR EXPERIENCES HERE,I SAY GOD BLESS YOUR MEMORY.I FINALLY HAVE AN APPOINTMENT IN ABUJA FOR 20 APRIL FOR MY MBA INTERVIEW IN US.
1.COULD ANYONE PLS TELL ME HOW TO GET A CHEAP [2K/NIGHT] HOTEL IN ABUJA?
2.HOW MANY DAYS TO BOOK FOR?
3.WHEN AND HOW TO GET TO ABUJA FROM LAGOS
4.A CONSULAR TO PRAY MEET
AND IF POSSIBLE,RECENT QUESTIONS FOR MBA STUDENTS,
THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS SO FAR
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by herself(f): 11:24am On Mar 22, 2011
quick question house,

how were you guys able to pay for your application fee?. am applying to a school in texas and am using the apply texas app. i'm meeting a brickwall as they want a mastercard which i don't have. i have a visacard card and thats not applicable. does anybody know how i can get past this. like,what are my options? to those schooling in texas, any way i can pay without using the mastercard?
please share. thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by herself(f): 11:29am On Mar 22, 2011
superbrain,you are online. can you help out? please. sad
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sanciro: 11:32am On Mar 22, 2011
@superbrain,pls dropp ur yahoo messenger I'd.thanx bro
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by trutuk: 12:26pm On Mar 22, 2011
@ deevick i applied for MSD in civil engineering with HND civil engineering. Pls tell more abt how i can further my education with my present certificate
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deeprimix: 1:02pm On Mar 22, 2011
helo house,i nid som1 to orientate me briefly on wat d imigration do on 1c pasport b4 boardin d plane, a frnd's bin afraid cos he hadnt traveled on air b4 but had a means 2stamp ghana by air,so nw he has d visa n abt setin out but hope dey wont refer bak 2d stamped, b4 stampin im 4d u.s? Pls any1 gone tru d imigratn oficers help 2enlighten.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 1:54pm On Mar 22, 2011
deeprimix  « #6397 on: Today at 01:02:39 PM »:

helo house,i nid som1 to orientate me briefly on wat d imigration do on 1c pasport b4 boardin d plane, a frnd's bin afraid cos he hadnt traveled on air b4 but had a means 2stamp ghana by air,so nw he has d visa n abt setin out but hope dey wont refer bak 2d stamped, b4 stampin im 4d u.s? Pls any1 gone tru d imigratn oficers help 2enlighten.

I don't think prior stamping got anything doing with him getting another stamp. I've heard a situation where someone had ghana, cote de voire, even UK stamps on his passport and still legible to enter yankee.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 2:33pm On Mar 22, 2011
Someone should help me with GRE materials, like where I can get it downloaded or anyhow. Though, my school waive it but I will need the result just to be on a better side later. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.