Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,080 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:22 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (547826 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by priestjp(m): 5:09am On Apr 25, 2011
^
my visa interview was pretty easy even though I went there with a bank account having 40% of the money required , it goes as follows:
VO: Give me your I-20
Me : I gave him
VO: why are you going to Bleep school
Me: Bleep school has a good engineering program
VO: let me see your transcript
Me: gave him my transcript
VO: oh you graduated from Bleep school
Me: I said yes
VO: what do you plan to do after your masters
Me: probably Phd
VO: do you know where you want to do your phd?
Me: probably the same school
VO: Take this green ticket, keep it carefully , go with it to the following address on Bleep day
Me: Thank you sir
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 25, 2011
@priestjp,tenks for the xperience sharing, can u tell us the consulate, lag or abj?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 12:07pm On Apr 25, 2011
priestjp:

^
my visa interview was pretty easy even though I went there with a bank account having 40% of the money required , it goes as follows:
VO: Give me your I-20
Me : I gave him
VO: why are you going to Bleep school
Me: Bleep school has a good engineering program
VO: let me see your transcript
Me: gave him my transcript
VO: oh you graduated from Bleep school
Me: I said yes
VO: what do you plan to do after your masters
Me: probably Phd
VO: do you know where you want to do your phd?
Me: probably the same school
VO: Take this green ticket, keep it carefully , go with it to the following address on Bleep day
Me: Thank you sir

wow, Youre like the luckiest applicant i have seen so far. I just pray my own interveiw would be like that o,
@house: Pls i have a friend whos going for her own interview next week wednesday. She finished from uni-ilorin wit a third class in biochem but she got admission into a uni in texas without gre and toefl. She would have to take a 1yr pre-masters, and also write an english placemnt test before enrolling, Can the V.O deny her because of the third class, Pls i ll appreciate contributions
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:45am On Apr 26, 2011
Am so happy to write on here, Am a student wishing to go for my Undergraduate,though have contacted the school i want to go for the fall semester and am about sending my packet but there are certain issue that are bothering which i will love my fellow brothers and sisters that have more experience than i do to please enlighten me, My question goes thus,firstly am applying for computer science and all have got is my Neco Result and a Diploma in Computer Engineering in a Computer school, but i will be writing my TOEFL exam on the 13th of May next month but whats bothering is that wont the use of NECO result cause delay for me instead of WAEC?Actually the school did not state either WAEC or NECO all they said is High School transcript and also wanna know the best courier service i can use to send the Packet to the school.Please i will still need further help in going to the embassy and stuffs, and i will appreciate anyone that will be of help to contact me on 08034867904 or email me on damil_taiwo@yahoo.com.
Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:34am On Apr 26, 2011
The school is SMSU anyone presently there should please for the sake of God contact me on FB Taiwo Damilola or email me damil_taiwo@yahoo.com.
Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 7:15am On Apr 26, 2011
@dammie: i dont think its any problems as far as the school didnt specify whether to use neco or waec. i ll also advise you to use either UPS or FedEx depending on how much youve got. but i think fedex is more expensive. if your school requires application fee, then you would have to pay that one because they wont consider your application without the application fee.
about going to the embassy, i think youre still a long way from that. just send the application packet and pray that they give you admission. after that, you can then move forward,
all the best
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 9:04pm On Apr 26, 2011
whats going on in this forum now guys, no one is contributing anything anymore, wetin dey happen
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 10:29pm On Apr 26, 2011
visuals:

Other Questions? Note at all!
I got there,greeted him but refused to answer,asked of my documents which i gave to him.
Then asked of my transcript and my result which i gave.Then asked me to define Standard Deviation,then i said I didnt plan for that
and he said he still know it after 1984
, Dnt go there with my story,al is well

He still remember not because he is brilliant but thats what he has prepared to ask you. If only one can ask him to give 5 prime numbers, it would have been  embarassed on his side too grin
Man, you are still going back to collect that visa he refused you from them.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 10:37pm On Apr 26, 2011
@imperiouxxx
i feel you bro, he's gonna get it,
where have you been?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 10:41pm On Apr 26, 2011
dizyfrenzy:

@imperiouxxx
i feel you bro,  he's gonna get it, 
where have you been?

Man, I just fed up a little checking in here as the school I applied to still keep on telling me that their decision will still take 2 more weeks since feb 22 wey I don finish my application with them.

Dear XXXXXX,

No decision has been made on your application as of yet. We hope to receive a decision within the next 2 weeks and we will notify you by mail.

Best,

Melba

sad sad sad
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 10:47pm On Apr 26, 2011
imperiouxx:

Man, I just fed up a little checking in here as the school I applied to still keep on telling me that their decision will still take 2 more weeks since feb 22 wey I don finish my application with them.

Dear XXXXXX,

No decision has been made on your application as of yet. We hope to receive a decision within the next 2 weeks and we will notify you by mail.

Best,

Melba

sad sad sad

no worry bro, everything go work out, na graduate u dey go for?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:53pm On Apr 26, 2011
dizyfrenzy:

whats going on in this forum now guys,  no one is contributing anything anymore,  wetin dey happen
na tru sef,nobody dey post anything for dis forum again, abi all of una don clect visa?God go do our own soon ooooooo!!,pls who is going next?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:05am On Apr 27, 2011
dizyfrenzy:

@dammie: i dont think its any problems as far as the school didnt specify whether to use neco or waec. i ll also advise you to use either UPS or FedEx depending on how much youve got. but i think fedex is more expensive. if your school requires application fee, then you would have to pay that one because they wont consider your application without the application fee.
about going to the embassy, i think youre still a long way from that. just send the application packet and pray that they give you admission. after that, you can then move forward,
all the best
Thanks brov
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 9:17am On Apr 27, 2011
dizyfrenzy:

no worry bro, everything go work out,  na graduate u dey go for?

Na graduate studies in Biochem(Medical) or its related field ooooo. First the course required GRE in most school and I no get GRE, thats why I still dey wait for that school's decision. Now I dey think of going for Biochem(Chemistry) since it seems thats the best alternative in the schools that is going me good reply now.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 9:31am On Apr 27, 2011
My people, could this be true? Someone told me in early Feb that he is going for an interview for summer semester but come back to tell me that because they are many people there, so they adjoined his interview and another month was given to him. But recently when I asked him about the interview, he said its coming up in May 18.

1) See that bolded line, is that true?
2) From Feb to May  Is that not too far?
3) Or maybe he defer his admission?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by visuals(m): 10:08am On Apr 27, 2011
imperiouxx:

He still remember not because he is brilliant but thats what he has prepared to ask you. If only one can ask him to give 5 prime numbers, it would have been  embarassed on his side too grin
Man, you are still going back to collect that visa he refused you from them.
Thanks all for your prayers and encouragement.God bless you all!
Could anyone pls tell me how the experience in Lagos is.There were 3 officers during mine in Abuja.The lady was good and nice,but the 2 other guys
were not just serious.I wish to apply thru Lagos bcus of d stress I went thru in Abuja.Is there any officer that seems to be nice here in lagos?
Thanks all
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by anfanio: 3:04pm On Apr 27, 2011
visuals,
Don't focus on any officer, pay attention to what you need to correct, regroup and move on. You can not decide what officer you want to see or you like, the lady you talked about in the Abuja office has been reported to be very tough, but you came back and said she was nice, so focus on improving yourself and keep praying. Good luck.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by anfanio: 3:09pm On Apr 27, 2011
Imperiouxx,
May 18 will soon pass by, what do you have to loose? --------- I know, nothing.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 27, 2011
what are the chances of an under18 f1 applicant getting a visa
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by anfanio: 5:06pm On Apr 27, 2011
shavel,
Good, if you have a sponsor that meets the requirements, and the under 18 is qualified- education.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 5:17pm On Apr 27, 2011
anfanio:

visuals,
Don't focus on any officer, pay attention to what you need to correct, regroup and move on. You can not decide what officer you want to see or you like, the lady you talked about in the Abuja office has been reported to be very tough, but you came back and said she was nice, so focus on improving yourself and keep praying. Good luck.

i totally agree with you anfanio, Visuals, you should just try and focus on how to improve cos u cant get to choose which v.o would interveiw u. I once spoke to someone who told me that he was lucky to have been interviewed by the chinko woman in abuja!!!, Chinko wey everybody dey run from, A friend of mine also went for interview sometime in jan and of the six f1 applicants, the old man gave only one person visa(people say the old man is nice), So just focus and keep praying
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 4:05pm On Apr 28, 2011
anfanio:

Imperiouxx,
May 18 will soon pass by, what do you have to loose? --------- I know, nothing.

Not me, its my friend thats in that shoe.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 6:43pm On Apr 28, 2011
imperiouxx:

Not me, its my friend thats in that shoe.
Big Lie

** Nethacker Strolls out***
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 8:11pm On Apr 28, 2011
nethacker:

Big Lie

** Nethacker Strolls out***

I believe when he told me that this Feb but after i got used to this thread, i discovered that he was telling me white lies. How can CO adjoin ones interview on the fact that people are too much on that day. Also, why will CO move interview from Feb to May without thinking of the consequence to the applicant's admission.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 8:25pm On Apr 28, 2011
imperiouxx:

I believe when he told me that this Feb but after i got used to this thread, i discovered that he was telling me white lies. How can CO adjoin ones interview on the fact that people are too much on that day. Also, why will CO move interview from Feb to May without thinking of the consequence to the applicant's admission.
bros d guy dey format u , grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 8:57pm On Apr 28, 2011
imperiouxx:

The Guy the dey format you bcus he no say your head don full of NL travel Section. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:37am On Apr 29, 2011
Hello House,have read through all the past interviews and stuffs,just wanna ask a question cos am set to send my I-20,firstly finished my secondary school 2007 and went for my ND in 2008-2010 but unfortunately my school result is yet to be approved and also did my Cisco certification i.e (hardware and software) and CCNA and yet to get the certificates cos am yet to finish the exams but i have a Diploma in Computer Engineering from a local computer College 2008 and i need to send my application packet back to SMSU for my I-20 to be sent for quick embassy booking please i need your advice am just 20yrs cos i read the thread and i dont wanna create more problem for myself at the embassy.
Thanks and looking forward to your response
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 11:03am On Apr 29, 2011
seedord247:

The Guy the dey format you bcus he no say your head don full of NL travel Section. grin grin grin grin grin

Infact, he never knew my head is now General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Solomyn(m): 5:50pm On Apr 29, 2011
anyone interested in processing or to get u.s.a visa should contact me on 08023967593 for details. the visa guarantee is sure
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 8:27pm On Apr 29, 2011
Solomyn:

anyone interested in processing or to get u.s.a visa should contact me on 08023967593 for details. the visa guarantee is sure
your type nor dey here, so F. U. C.-k off.

nethacker:

bros d guy dey format u , grin grin
@nethacker, Can I ve your YIM id or email?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 11:51am On Apr 30, 2011
Solomyn:

Consular Solomyn, we know say na you dey issue the visa but this place no be Abuja or Lagos embassy office oooo.  So, get out from here grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 12:33pm On Apr 30, 2011
Hey guys what's up? Any good news yet?? Keep them rolling and may God grant you all your heart desires.

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.