Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,100 members, 7,835,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546848 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 15, 2011
@gendebs, 07061980172,yim, shevy4real4uatyahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Yucee22: 5:30am On Apr 16, 2011
Hello people, i've been following your thread, but you're basically talking about Msc. or is it the same process for a college? i need your help everyone, what do i expect as a U.S college prospective student at the embassy? though i'm yet to hear from the school i applied to about the admission but i believe it'll be a success, please help me with things i need to know or should i wait till i hear from them?

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:58am On Apr 16, 2011
@yucee,i biliv u 're in the right place in terms of us f1 enquiries,pls raise ur ques and we shall answer dem,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 8:02am On Apr 16, 2011
@Deezy101

There is no specific date for you to book and appt or special center for you to get your visa. All you need is God favour and Pratice. You can either book the appt before paying for the sevis or or pay the sevis before booking (You need to pay it before you attend Interview ooooo), either way you like or suit you. And regarding the chinese woman you mention, chinese woman is in both ABJ and Lag and also Indian Guy. As i said earlier Pratice and Pray. That 's the key and the logo that has been helping so many people get thier Visa and more also Believe in Yourself.

God is Good.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deezy101: 3:15pm On Apr 16, 2011
seedord247:

@Deezy101

There is no specific date for you to book and appt or special center for you to get your visa. All you need is God favour and Pratice. You can either book the appt before paying for the sevis or or pay the sevis before booking (You need to pay it before you attend Interview ooooo), either way you like or suit you. And regarding the chinese woman you mention, chinese woman is in both ABJ and Lag and also Indian Guy. As i said earlier Pratice and Pray. That 's the key and the logo that has been helping so many people get thier Visa and more also Believe in Yourself.

God is Good.

, Thanks very much seedord, I just got my I-20 and its for fall semester so am thinking of booking an appt for mid june, Hope its not too early. I ll like to ask, Have you gone for visa interview before?, If you have pls share your experience wit me please. It would mean a lot to me, I ll also like it if we could get to chat on yahoo so we can share ideas, Please
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by solo4deji(m): 4:21pm On Apr 16, 2011
Hello! hve come to give some information abt embassy. It doesnot matter maybe china woman or indian guy all u need is favour frm God and ur confidence coz i was dera twice 1 was d white guy 2 was d china woman but dat doesnot mean coz u hve been refuse visa u can't go dera nooooooooooooooooooo just don't give up until u get it.

If u want 2 chat wit me u add me 2 ur YM

I will give u more infos

To fall students we will get it no matter chiko or india guy

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 6:41pm On Apr 16, 2011
Please I need guidelines from anyone that did GRE recently. How much does it cost now. The deadline for submission in my school is June 1, can i meet up if I take the test by May 1? and where are the test centres in surulere?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deezy101: 11:50pm On Apr 16, 2011
@solo4deji, Please whats ur yahoo i.d, I'd like to chat, And also i did not do gre and toefl. Does this mean my chances are not good?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 8:34am On Apr 17, 2011
deezy101:

@solo4deji,  Please whats your yahoo i.d,  I'd like to chat,  And also i did not do gre and toefl. Does this mean my chances are not good?

@deezy101, why are you troubling yourself about gre or toefl when your school don't need them. I'm asking for help for the gre because my school suddenly asked for it. If i'm able to get school offering biochemistry related field without gre, I will be happy and won't bother myself about it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deezy101: 3:20pm On Apr 17, 2011
@imperiouxxx, Thanks for the words, Am jst being nervous about my interveiw day thats all even though i havent booked a date yet. As for the school thing you mentioned, i can recommend two schools to you that dont require gre for biochem and chemistry, University of massachusetts,darthmouth and emporia state university in kansas. These two schools would also waive toefl if you can write the admissions officer and ask for a waiver. I know a lot about us schools admission process, Let me know if you need any help
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 17, 2011
who is visiting the consulate next?abeg make una com out make we yaahn ooooooooooo
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Emmanuelson(m): 10:46pm On Apr 17, 2011
emmanuelson; emmanuelson32@yahoo.com.07035833394,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 7:58am On Apr 18, 2011
shavel:

@house,wats the chance of me getting my f1 on the 17th of may coz i'll be going along wit a community college's i20,my major is nursing and am jes 17+ of age

@ Shavel, i started following ur posts since the day you posted that one can get a 5-yr student visa from naija. Well, i pray u'll get your visa, but with this ur post, your chances are slim. You need to understand that F-1 visas are issued most importantly because of the fees. though community colleges also have different fees for int'l students, it is however far cheaper than Unis. What guys do is that you process admissions to both college and Uni (usually in same county or state), take the uni's i-20 to the embassy, you can then get here and change to the college. i could see you are kind of spontenous, but calm down to get the correct info. well, there is no harm in trying. all the best!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seadog406: 10:25am On Apr 18, 2011
Wow,

I can see this tread is really moving,was once in you guys shoes,this place really helped me and my fellas,you need help,read this thread from PG 1,till date,and you good,with God as the Number 1.@deezy101 Nice major you coming for,you gonna love it if you ready to study real hard, what Uni is thatyou can leave your IM if you guys needs any help, Hey whats happening for summer fellas ?is already getting hot here oo, and you can see what those girls are doing oo, shocked
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 18, 2011
@phy,tnxs for the comments,but i biliv my age shld stand me a good chance of getting a visa with a college's i20, concerning the fees aspect,my college's tuition fee and living expenses is 18,560dols and i tink dats not too cheap,if u still av anyother thing to write concerning age and t-fee pls i'll like u to do dat asap, tnxs
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deezy101: 12:31pm On Apr 18, 2011
seadog406:

Wow,

I can see this tread is really moving,was once in you guys shoes,this place really helped me and my fellas,you need help,read this thread from PG 1,till date,and you good,with God as the Number 1.@deezy101 Nice major you coming for,you gonna love it if you ready to study real hard, what Uni is thatyou can leave your IM if you guys needs any help, Hey whats happening for summer fellas ?is already getting hot here oo, and you can see what those girls are doing oo, shocked
thanks seadog, I got admitted to virginia intermational university for msc in information systems, My I-20 is on the way, And am planning to apply for the f1 visa in june, Am going for the fall semester, When did u do ur own visa interveiw and how was it, I could use some tips
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Emmanuelson(m): 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
hey,how much for sevis and visa fee.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 18, 2011
@emmanuelson,sevis-200dols,visa fees-140dols, add me up on shevy4real4uatyahoo.com.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deezy101: 2:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
@emmanuelson, Shavel is right, Thats how much you need to pay. Have you applied to any university?, If yes have you gotten any admits?, When do you plan on appearing at the embassy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deezy101: 2:14pm On Apr 18, 2011
@shavel
av been re
ading your posts about the age thing and the fact that youre going to a community college, It doesnt matter, Whats important is the favor of God, And your age is definitely a very big advantage,
Have you booked an appointment date yet?, What school is that?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seadog406: 5:14pm On Apr 18, 2011
@deezy101, As you know,you didnt apply to only one school,if you are being asked by the consular,and have an idea of the course,those guys at the consular post are jst humans,so be confident,jst keep staring into their eyes,till the consular says go and pick your visa at the address below,and always give a smile 24/7,
Take it easy man, you can add me on kunle_ored@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 5:42pm On Apr 18, 2011
shavel:

@phy,tnxs for the comments,but i biliv my age shld stand me a good chance of getting a visa with a college's i20, concerning the fees aspect,my college's tuition fee and living expenses is 18,560dols and i tink dats not too cheap,if u still av anyother thing to write concerning age and t-fee pls i'll like u to do dat asap, tnxs

well, if you have applied to any other university before now, try to see if they can issue you an i-20. i would have said you shuld apply to a uni now but i doubt if i-20 could be ready before your proposed may 17th interview date. just try whatever you can and if nothing is coming out, resort to great faith. all the best bro.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deezy101: 6:32pm On Apr 18, 2011
@seadog
thanks for the words of encouragement. i ll add you to my messenger list and we can chat, are you in naija at the moment?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deezy101: 8:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
hey everyone, this is to everyone who's planning to apply for f1 visa for the fall semester, God that helped you to the point where you got your I-20 is still on the throne and he would not abandon you. neither will he embarass you in front of the V.O
just be prepared, do your best and leave the rest for God,
pls feel free to share your ideas and God bless you as you do do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 18, 2011
tnxs deezy,my interview is on may 17 and my school is houston community college,pls do i need to lie if am asked how many school i applied to?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deezy101: 8:52pm On Apr 18, 2011
shavel:

tnxs deezy,my interview is on may 17 and my school is houston community college,pls do i need to lie if am asked how many school i applied to?

look at this conversation, you should answer like this,
V.O: how many schools did you apply to
you: three sir.
V.O: what are the schools,
you: name three schools for him including the houston college.
V.O:How many admits
You: just one sir, houston community college, the other two is still awaiting sir,

experience has shown that its safer to answer that way, i sincerely wish you all the best
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Emmanuelson(m): 10:25pm On Apr 18, 2011
@deezy101 i apply fr gannon uni pensylvania and i already av my i20.i ll soon pay d sevis fee and apply fr interview.may God help us all.i already av anoda i20 fr tulsa community college oklahoma.pls house shld i tell consular i av two admin?and wich one shld i use.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 11:31pm On Apr 18, 2011
@seadog406, I just IM you on your messenger.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 12:02am On Apr 19, 2011
deezy101:

@imperiouxxx, Thanks for the words, Am jst being nervous about my interveiw day thats all even though i havent booked a date yet. As for the school thing you mentioned, i can recommend two schools to you that dont require gre for biochem and chemistry, University of massachusetts,darthmouth and emporia state university in kansas. These two schools would also waive toefl if you can write the admissions officer and ask for a waiver. I know a lot about us schools admission process, Let me know if you need any help

Thanks deezy101, I have written that University of massachusetts,darthmouth about a month ago with no reply. Even after I wrote them three day ago, I got nothing from them. Hope they have working staffs there or they are just like typical naija web without anyone managing it

Thanks anyway and if you still have some, drop them wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deezy101: 12:24am On Apr 19, 2011
imperiouxx:

Thanks deezy101, I have written that University of massachusetts,darthmouth about a month ago with no reply. Even after I wrote them three day ago, I got nothing from them. Hope they have working staffs there or they are just like typical naija web without anyone managing it

Thanks anyway and if you still have some, drop them wink

i wrote them a couple of emails and i got replies, you should send an email to this man, i spoke to him on phone once and the guy is nice
sbriggs@umassd.edu

the other emails you sent, you should check the address, i also made that mistake too, i was sending my emails to admissions@umass.edu which is wrong. the right address is admissions@umassd.edu
try again most especially to that man and let me know what happens
all the best
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 4:32am On Apr 19, 2011
deezy101:

look at this conversation, you should answer like this,
V.O: how many schools did you apply to
you: three sir.
V.O: what are the schools,
you: name three schools for him including the houston college.
V.O:How many admits
You: just one sir, houston community college, the other two is still awaiting sir,

experience has shown that its safer to answer that way, i sincerely wish you all the best

@ Shavel, pls if you want to go the deezy way, dont forget to know about the schools and what could be the cause of delay.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 4:52am On Apr 19, 2011
It's annoying when I see people posting what they don't know about. Who said a community college is a "RED FLAG" please STOP giving misleading information on this forum. "No use college" and what do you even know between a college and a university? Total Ignorance!!!! And I'm referring to all those who carry these myths, you know yourselves. Make any choice of college you want, you ain't got no problem so long as it is an accredited institution licensed by the DOE to enroll F1 students. Just be able to defend your choice for that school that's all. Goodluck to you all Fall applicants!!!

@chux4liv, hey man long time no talk. I hope you see this though cos I know you're into hiding lol. I'm doing good and how's everything going down on your side? Lemme know what you are up to. Peace out!!! smiley wink smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.