Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,138 members, 7,860,088 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:38 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (547782 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by drid: 7:02pm On Apr 30, 2011
Its naive,i know but lemme just ask.Please @ Naggy were you able to secure a part-time job?if yes,how long did it take you.if no,why?.sorry if am bordering you with my question.tanz
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:05am On May 01, 2011
dammiedex:

Hello House,have read through all the past interviews and stuffs,just wanna ask a question cos am set to send my I-20,firstly finished my secondary school 2007 and went for my ND in 2008-2010 but unfortunately my school result is yet to be approved and also did my Cisco certification i.e (hardware and software) and CCNA and yet to get the certificates cos am yet to finish the exams but i have a Diploma in Computer Engineering from a local computer College 2008 and i need to send my application packet back to SMSU for my I-20 to be sent for quick embassy booking please i need your advice am just 20yrs cos i read the thread and i dont wanna create more problem for myself at the embassy.
Thanks and looking forward to your response
Waiting for your advice pls
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by adedayo55(m): 5:36am On May 01, 2011
I have being expecting my i20 which has being sent since march 28. I have not recieve it. I contacted the school they said they will send me another after a week. I dnt want it to be sent thru normal mail. How can i arrange it to be sent thru dhl or fedex with the schl. I need a reply. Thks so much
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by adedayo55(m): 6:01am On May 01, 2011
I applied for a single school for masters n i was admitted. I want to knw d implication because dats only that has d course i wanted n d course is natural gas , telecommunication and electricity economics
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 6:22am On May 01, 2011
To answer your question @drid I will tell you this. Many people come here with false hopes of finding a job but the reality is this - as an international student it is VERY difficult to get a job with all the strict regulations in place and the bad economy. To understand better, you must know that before an employer can hire you it is compulsory you must have a Social Security number and as a foreign student you are not eligible to get it except on grounds that you have an on-campus job. Even after you get the on campus job and receive a SS number - you still wouldn't be able to work off campus because you have to apply further for Employment Authorization based on financial hardship which you can do only after 9 months of being in the country and maintaining your student status. Finding a job could take several months and it is pretty much competitive. You may be lucky to find a campus job but your chances are not so good enough cos more priority are given to citizens and permanent residents. So if you're coming here, please be very prepared to support yourself sufficiently for at least the first year. Thank you!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by studygh: 7:51am On May 01, 2011
pls do u kno the fees for us visa
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by adedayo55(m): 9:20am On May 01, 2011
@naggy pls i need ur advise on this i have being giving admission by schl in illinios n dey have sent ì20 since march 28 i have not seen it here in nigeria. I contacted d schl n d adm officer said i should wait a week more b4 sending another ì20. But i wnt them to send it thru dhl hw do i do it frm nigeria. Hw can i tell d adm off n hw do i pay dhl since im not the one sending. Pls help me. Thks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 1:20pm On May 01, 2011
@adedayo

You can contact eshipglobal
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by adedayo55(m): 3:40pm On May 01, 2011
@seedolf where can i contact them in nigeria n do they have office in d north. Pls are dey reliable n hw much is it going to cost. I want u to help me pls
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 3:46pm On May 01, 2011
They don't have any office in Nigeria. They work with Fedex and Dhl and all you need is to register on thier site and alert them that you need a package to be pickup from your school. The mode of payment is wire transfer.

That's how did mine a week ago and the i20 is here with me. Hope this help.

https://study.eshipglobal.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 1:19am On May 02, 2011
seedord247:

They don't have any office in Nigeria. They work with Fedex and Dhl and all you need is to register on thier site and alert them that you need a package to be pickup from your school. The mode of payment is wire transfer.

That's how did mine a week ago and the i20 is here with me. Hope this help.

https://study.eshipglobal.com

@seedord247, how do you go about the wire transfer here in naija? Is it that they gave you their account number? Do you pay them in Naira or in Dollar? How much does their service cost?

Too much questions but never mind, I need those infos because I will need their service very soon.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 02, 2011
oh my God,am in a deepshit.i just checked the appointment website now in which i scheduled my appointment and i discovered my interview date got changed automatically from 17th of may to 4th may, plss wat could be the cause of this?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 11:54am On May 03, 2011
@Imperioux

It very easy brooo. . . . .and it depends on the bank you are using and thier charges. I used GTB for the wire transfer since a friend of mine got a domiciallryy account with them. The cost for shipping is $109.49 and i think they charge me somethimg like 7500 naira for the transfer fee.

Btw. . . . I got the the i20 within 3-4 days.7

Hope this help.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wales212: 3:59am On May 04, 2011
Hello peeps, I'm seeking serious advise from you guys. I got addmission to BCC in NY and a̶̲̥̅̊m so set for everything. I mean I'm very ready for my interview on Aug 18th but I discorved I just won a̶̲̥̅̊ visa lottery some few hours back. I'm so confused and and dont know what to do.

Can any1 advise on what to do. I'm so so confused. Pls my fellow brodas help me oooooooooooooooooooo

Your boy wale
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wales212: 4:02am On May 04, 2011
Hello peeps, I'm seeking serious advise from you guys. I got addmission to BCC in NY and a̶̲̥̅̊m so set for everything. I mean I'm very ready for my interview on Aug 18th but I discorved I just won a̶̲̥̅̊ visa lottery some few hours back. I'm so confused and and dont know what to do.

Can any1 advise on what to do.  I'm so so confused.  Pls my fellow brodas help me oooooooooooooooooooo

Your boy wale
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:44am On May 04, 2011
@wales212,i will advice u to leave the f1 for now and process ur greencard which is the most important,but don't cancel the f1 appointment oooooooo, should in case Bleep ups
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 2:05pm On May 04, 2011
@ wales212,
Congratulation on your green card,the both are very important so don't cancel your F-1 visa but try to work on the two.we can get to chat online my yahoo id is layric01@yahoo.com

@ NL guys am done with exam so lets get to talk about falls student on here.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 4:21pm On May 04, 2011
wale212

I have stopped contributing here but I made an exception for you. You are caught in the US immigration laws and you have to know your way around.

1) If you process the lottery now, then you are a prospective US immigrant. This disqualifies you for receiving a student visa, a non-immigrant visa.

2) If you defer your admission and process the lottery instead, there is a chance that they deny your immigrant visa. In this case, it will be hard for you to receive a US non-immigrant visa in the future because you have in the past shown immigration intent.

The earliest that they will start the processing of DV 2012 is Oct 2011. My advice, do not take action on your lottery now; go for your interview in August. If they grant you your F-1, you can easily process your lottery in the US. If they don't, you can continue to process it in Nigeria and you wouldn't be caught up in the US complex immigration laws.

By the way, you might state the last 5digits of your case number.

Goodluck!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 10:43pm On May 04, 2011
aroy1:

wale212

I have stopped contributing here but I made an exception for you.

mmmsssshhhewwww. . . . Orokoro. . . . . Na yu sabi
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 6:37am On May 05, 2011
aroy1:

wale212

I have stopped contributing here but I made an exception for you. You are caught in the US immigration laws and you have to know your way around.

1) If you process the lottery now, then you are a prospective US immigrant. This disqualifies you for receiving a student visa, a non-immigrant visa.

2) If you defer your admission and process the lottery instead, there is a chance that they deny your immigrant visa. In this case, it will be hard for you to receive a US non-immigrant visa in the future because you have in the past shown immigration intent.

The earliest that they will start the processing of DV 2012 is Oct 2011. My advice, do not take action on your lottery now; go for your interview in August. If they grant you your F-1, you can easily process your lottery in the US. If they don't, you can continue to process it in Nigeria and you wouldn't be caught up in the US complex immigration laws.

By the way, you might state the last 5digits of your case number.

Goodluck!

Oga take it easy your advice is very wrong.
W.T.F is a Student Visa when u can get a PR and come here and live permanently and apply for Financial AId and Student Loans?
W.T.F is student Visa when u can come here and live and work for a year and qualify as a resident for tuition purposes?
W.T.F is Student Visa when in 5 years u can be a Citizen and stay filing for your family members?
W.T.F is a Student Visa when u can come here and don't worry about marrying Akata for papers?
And for your information he can't process DV lottery from the U.S.A

wales212:

Can any1 advise on what to do.  I'm so so confused.  Pls my fellow brodas help me oooooooooooooooooooo

U̶̲̥̅̊r boy wale  

If truly u won the DV lottery then go and tear that I-20 into pieces.
Fuccck that Sch, Fucck Sevis and fucck the appointment.
If you can get a Student Visa which is a Non-Immigrant Visa with your own effort then u can surely get a Green Card.
Since u meet the educational requirement for the Green Card and you can present yourself for the Interview then i don't see u having any problem

U are just 5 months away from getting the GC.
But if u go ahead with the Student Visa and get refused or something then u gonna have a problem during the Green Card interview cos u have already created a record for yourself. Just chill for now and get the admission deferred till Spring and hopefully before then u get your Green card.
Student Visa is there everytime but a lottery is a once in a lifetime luck.

If truly u won then hit me up cos we might do some collabo grin grin grin
U can drop ur email here and Lemme know what's up privately.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by johnkent(m): 7:19am On May 05, 2011
oyewolejos:

Oga take it easy your advice is very wrong.
W.T.F is a Student Visa when u can get a PR and come here and live permanently and apply for Financial AId and Student Loans?
W.T.F is student Visa when u can come here and live and work for a year and qualify as a resident for tuition purposes?
W.T.F is Student Visa when in 5 years u can be a Citizen and stay filing for your family members?
W.T.F is a Student Visa when u can come here and don't worry about marrying Akata for papers?
And for your information he can't process DV lottery from the U.S.A

If truly u won the DV lottery then go and tear that I-20 into pieces.
Fuccck that Sch, Fucck Sevis and fucck the appointment.
If you can get a Student Visa which is a Non-Immigrant Visa with your own effort then u can surely get a Green Card.
Since u meet the educational requirement for the Green Card and you can present yourself for the Interview then i don't see u having any problem

U are just 5 months away from getting the GC.
But if u go ahead with the Student Visa and get refused or something then u gonna have a problem during the Green Card interview cos u have already created a record for yourself. Just chill for now and get the admission deferred till Spring and hopefully before then u get your Green card.
Student Visa is there everytime but a lottery is a once in a lifetime luck.

If truly u won then hit me up cos we might do some collabo grin grin grin
U can drop your email here and Lemme know what's up privately.

Dude, This is the worst advise you could give this guy. Clearly, you have no clue as to how the US immigration works.

This is exactly what I would tell anyone to do if the Won the Visa lottery and are also thinking about apply for a student Visa.

Here are my recommendations. You don't have to follow it but I know I'm good at what i do.

1. Go ahead and apply for the F-1 student visa and make sure you DO NOT use any fake document(s) for the interview. Denial of a non-immigrant visa will not in any way affect your DV lottery immigrant visa interview. ( the issue of returning back to Nigeria wouldn't be a problem anymore).

2. The reason you need to apply for the student visa is because your DV lottery number might be very high which means that you're number might not be called for an interview because there are limited number of visas. Even if you get called for an interview, the visa could be refused for pretty no reason and you can't appeal. Atleast 70% of nigerians that win the DV lottery never get the visa because their number never became current or they got rejected for very silly reason(s) and being Nigerian is one of them.

3. If you are here on a student visa, You can easily adjust your status to permanent resident when your number becomes current (Takes about 3-5 months depending on where you live). So, you won't have to go through alot of stress like you would at the US embassy in Nigeria.

4. I don't know where Oyewolejos is getting his information about you getting your Greencard in 5 months. Depending on what your number is, you might not even be called for an interview till August of next year (2012) or it might not even happen if your number never becomes current. And sometimes, You might be put on administrative processing which if FBI doesn't clear you before august 31, 2012 which is the last day the visa can be issued, YOU WILL NOT GET THE VISA. And because you have shown "immigrant" intent, you will probably not be able to get a non-immigrant visa to the US ever.

So, go ahead and apply for the student visa. if you get it, then you can adjust your status to permanent resident in the US when and if your number becomes current.
If you don't get the student visa, then wait until your number becomes current. The Kentucky Consular center will send you forms to fill out and return to them in the month or so. When your number becomes current, they'll send you another package (info about immunizations and lab tests) including interview date at the US embassy in Lagos. Abuja doesn't do DV lottery cases for now.

WHILE YOU ARE WAITING, DO NOT MAKE ANY LIFESTYLE CHANGES SUCH AS GETTING MARRIED. MOST NIGERIANS HAVE BEEN DENIED DV LOTTERY VISAS BECAUSE THEY GOT MARRIED A FEW MONTHS BEFORE THE INTERVIEW AND THE CONSULAR OFFICER SAW IT AS THEY WERE TRYING TO SMUGGLE AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT INTO THE UNITED STATES.

You can post your questions on here. I'll recommend you visit this website http://forums.immigration.com/forumdisplay.php?38-Lottery-Visas-DV.
You can get all the information that you need on there and also get to talk to Nigerians who have won the dv lottery.

And Oyewolejos, You need to think before you start writing stuff.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 1:47pm On May 05, 2011
You do know what you are talking about and I do value your advice, Johnkent.

Oyewolejos: A good student should always think, research, and say the truth; otherwise, such student is just an educated illiterate. A little knowledge is very dangerous, as the old saying goes. Flaws in your post:

1) You ever heard of AOS, Adjustment of Status? An F-1 student in the USA can do that to get their green card if they are a selectee in the DV lottery.
2) DV visa is not guaranteed for anyone. This is clearly stated in your notification letter. F-1 visa is, to some extent, provided you are a genuine student.
3) Being a US permanent resident doesn't mean you can just apply for loans and be automatically granted. No, you must have credits before being considered!
4) US citizenship is equally not automatic for a greencard holder; there are many other criteria you must meet.
5) If one gets refused for a US non-immigrant visa, you have no problem and can always re-apply. But for an immigrant visa, then that is some problem.

seedord: It seemed you were high.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 2:50pm On May 05, 2011
@ aroy1 and johnkent can i talk to you on messenger if you dont mind is very important and personal.

here is my messenger : layric01@yahoo.com

you can add me.

Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rapheal2k9: 7:00pm On May 05, 2011
@ Naggy, When you went for your interview, did u have any relations in the U.S
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by obietrix: 9:40pm On May 05, 2011
hello house, i am making this inquiries for a gud friend of mine.
he graduated with a g.p of 2.49 of 4 yrs program in computer science here in nigeria and intends going a masters or a post graduate degree in any related course in any university in alaska.please i need information on wat program or instuition he could be admitted to.pls i need comments on this as he intends applying for spring 2012.thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 4:39am On May 06, 2011
@raphael2k9 yes I did actually have relations here but it was never stated on my application nor to the consular.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kentro201: 8:14am On May 06, 2011
HEllo , Please i just got admission into CSUEASTBAY, for postgraduate economics, please i need the required documents for the embassy and how to book an appointment and when its right o do so,
thanks, i await any1s positive response
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:47am On May 06, 2011
kentro201:

HEllo , Please i just got admission into CSUEASTBAY, for postgraduate economics, please i need the required documents for the embassy and how to book an appointment and when its right o do so,
thanks, i await any1s positive response
we've answered this question of requirements so many times,i wuld advise u to read this thread from pg1 to the last page or visit http://nigeria.usembassy.gov for further enquiries
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by henrywest(m): 11:49am On May 06, 2011
My question is quite off here. But I need orientation on this: I have got friends who got admitted to a 4 year programe is saskatchewan canada but the issue is that, its possible they could affford there first year's tuition fees but they believe to work off campus to pay for subsequent tuitions. They know for real that international student don't work off campus and even if they should, not more than 20 hrs per week, But they alwayz say there is alwayz a way out. Like there are undocumented employements and all that, What u think about this?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 06, 2011
@house,who is gonna be visiting the consulate next oooooooooooo,i will be going on the 17th of this month oooo, major-nursing,age-17+,she anybody get anything wey i fit yahn consular wey go make hin head scatter
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 06, 2011
Hello House,

I got admitted into d MPH programme for d fall at Univ of South Carolina and will be having my visa interview on May 19th.

However, wen I was filling my DS-160 form, there was no provision for uploading a passport photograph.

Is it the same for every one or should I be worried?

Pls response,

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.