Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,927 members, 7,814,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Nigerians Living In Cyprus - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Living In Cyprus (78782 Views)

Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / Attention: Nigerians Living And Working In UAE (dubai) / North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by eghost247(m): 7:47am On Oct 05, 2010
J20limited
people
choose north Cyprus
because its easier to get an admission there
now am not saying is a good place
cos there economy solely depends on turkey
since south Cyprus have made things a little bit hard
but then getting an admission into south Cyprus schools is so easy
but for north Cyprus
its is very easy
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by kheme(m): 8:31am On Oct 06, 2010
people keep saying the schools are not recognized from north cyprus, there is a big misconception about this!!! Northern Cyprus itself is not recognized as a country, we all know that, but that doesn't mean that the schools aren't!!!

Here's the deal, after graduation from any school in north cyprus, you MUST take your degree to the YOK organization (like ministry of education) in Turkey for their attestation. WITHOUT YOK attesting your degree IT WILL NOT BE RECOGNIZED ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD! So for your degree to be recongnized anywhere in the world, you have to send it to YOK to sign it and all.

But many nigerians think that it's only the turkish students that need to take their degree to YOK and they leave the island without accreditation! you know that even your SSCE will not be recognized outside without ministry of education and ministry of foreign affairs signing them, so what makes people think their degrees will be recognized outside without the ministry of education in charge of north cyprus signing their degrees it doesnt work!

i just graduated last just and my fellow students told me "there is no need to go to YOK, it's only turkish students that do that and since you're not going to use your degree in turkey, you don't need it" that was the advice i was give. they told me that oh, so and so person graduated last year and he didnt take his to YOK!

well, i don't listen to side talks usually, so i went to the international office to enquire and i was told that without YOK signing my degree, it's just as good as a worthless piece of paper, so EVERYONE has to go to YOK with their degree!

so its good to get your information from reliable sources, people!!!

as for difference between north and south, we all have different aims in life. me, i'm here to STUDY and NOT to hustle or find better life or find greener pastures. i've been to UK twice and returned. others in my shoes WILL NOT RETURN the first time! i'm not looking to go to the south. i've been here 4 and half years and it's been touch as my parents are not rich, but i still get by (Thank God) one way or another. i've worked only 3 times on this island: once for 3months (my first summer here), one for 1 week and the last was just recently for 2months. i don't get pocket money, though i'm into computers and websites (that's where i make my change) so its possible to get by. there are people who support themselves here in north cyprus and are not working.

so if you are looking for greener pastures or something, or just wanting to leave nigeria and go elsewhere, NORTH CYPRUS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU. though people use it to facilitate their "escape" as it is easy to get visas from here. people are getting visas like it's free! there was a time it felt like the Uk embassy was doing visa bonanza, lol!

anyways, before coming, make proper research guided by your reason for coming here, that's my advice! :-)
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by Toluth(m): 3:37pm On Oct 06, 2010
@kheme, you've done a great job in helping us get info about getting to cyprus, but I'm preety low about a lot of things nd I ll be very glad if you can help me.I know you r a really busy person so I'm not gonna waste ur time. How can I search for u on facebook so we can connect, thanks nd God bless
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by eghost247(m): 5:39pm On Oct 06, 2010
@toluth what do u people need
again
this guy has summarized
right about everything
with support from me and other people
telling u about the whole registering ur degree thing
lol ur so funny
people practically need to be babysit ted this days
well its your right
use grin it
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by Toluth(m): 10:56pm On Oct 06, 2010
@Eghost247, You guys have done a great job for us. I just join the forum and prior to this, I could say I know nothing about travelling abroad. Of course I'v done some researches myself. Eg, I went to EUL's website but I could not find any link about international student.
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by Chinois: 6:20pm On Oct 07, 2010
@ Kheme,

How is the masters degree program going? How is it structured, like lecture times etc?
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by kheme(m): 10:20am On Oct 08, 2010
@Toluth: go to the website, go to "Student Affairs"

@Eghost247: yea, thanks for your input as well. I have no idea why people would choose to be "dependent", so to speak. i'd right know things for myself and be sure than have people do them for me. i remember a friend that wrote SAT once, she didn't even know what schools was applying to, nor did she know the courses she applied for, they did everything for her and she just went to write! that was 5yrs ago, people still everything to be done for them! na wa! like that guy that has been bugging me here about admission! can you imagine i had left the school and he was still asking me to do admission for him, even after i gave him the contacts of person IN CHARGE of admission, lol

@Chinois: i just had my first class today. more like a discussion. better than undergraduate classes. but classes are mostly at night (6pm to 9pm) while others are morning from 9am to 12pm, like today's class. i course each day, 5 courses for those doing masters without thesis, 4 for those doing with thesis. its good as its at nights cos you have the whole day to yourself. you can work if you want.
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 08, 2010
Cyprus!!! Pls whenever we are talkıng about Cyprus lets always refer to d place as Turkısh Republıc of Northern Cyprus cox ıf u check anythıng on d web about Cyprus the ınfo u get wıll be that of South whıch ıs very far from what operates here tamam,
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by abduladi(m): 10:19pm On Oct 08, 2010
Gud work kheme, i found ur posts to be really helpful and straight to the point. am currently processing addmissions for spring semester to CIU for masters in computer engring. would hv made it for october but the timeing of my passingout from nysc is after resumption. i hope i wont hv issues with starting with a second semester sha.especially things like inavainlability of courses for that semester. pls which of d skls are u skling in? would luv to add u as a friend on fcbk. actually, found u already and i hoe u accept my request. u could be of great influence to me since we r in the same field of study and u r ahead right nw. stay blessed
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by kheme(m): 10:39am On Nov 02, 2010
I'm in EUL - European University of Lefke. I don't thin you would have any problems with courses, the systems here are quite flexible. you will just start with courses for the semester you entered at, simple! Like me, when i came to lefke, i used my diploma from uniben and cos of the exemption of courses, i ended up taking two 1st yr courses, two 2nd yr courses and one 3rd yr course during my first semester. i found it fun cos on every first semester of each session, i was having classes with my mates and my seniors, lol it was cool wink
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by kheme(m): 10:58pm On Nov 04, 2010
So after looking at this thread, an idea just popped into my head. It's not a new idea, but now i think there might be need for me to do this proper!?!

What do you guys think about this, what if i made a website specifically for students looking to study in Northern Cyprus I can put sections like reviews of the schools, tuition comparisons, interviews from students from each schools, their accreditations and other useful information like cost of living, job situations, accommodations, settling down, other procedures, etc.

do you guys think this would be a good idea
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by Nobody: 1:34am On Nov 05, 2010
It would surely be a great idea.
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by kheme(m): 11:51pm On Nov 10, 2010
It would surely be a great idea.

So what else do you think i should add besides what i've mentioned so far? what would make it very useful??
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by oyewolejos(m): 12:22am On Nov 11, 2010
kheme:

people keep saying the schools are not recognized from north cyprus, there is a big misconception about this!!! Northern Cyprus itself is not recognized as a country, we all know that, but that doesn't mean that the schools aren't!!!

Here's the deal, after graduation from any school in north cyprus, you MUST take your degree to the YOK organization (like ministry of education) in Turkey for their attestation. WITHOUT YOK attesting your degree IT WILL NOT BE RECOGNIZED ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD! So for your degree to be recongnized anywhere in the world, you have to send it to YOK to sign it and all.

But many nigerians think that it's only the turkish students that need to take their degree to YOK and they leave the island without accreditation! you know that even your SSCE will not be recognized outside without ministry of education and ministry of foreign affairs signing them, so what makes people think their degrees will be recognized outside without the ministry of education in charge of north cyprus signing their degrees it doesnt work!

i just graduated last just and my fellow students told me "there is no need to go to YOK, it's only turkish students that do that and since you're not going to use your degree in turkey, you don't need it" that was the advice i was give. they told me that oh, so and so person graduated last year and he didnt take his to YOK!

well, i don't listen to side talks usually, so i went to the international office to enquire and i was told that without YOK signing my degree, it's just as good as a worthless piece of paper, so EVERYONE has to go to YOK with their degree!

so its good to get your information from reliable sources, people!!!

as for difference between north and south, we all have different aims in life. me, i'm here to STUDY and NOT to hustle or find better life or find greener pastures. i've been to UK twice and returned. others in my shoes WILL NOT RETURN the first time! i'm not looking to go to the south. i've been here 4 and half years and it's been touch as my parents are not rich, but i still get by (Thank God) one way or another. i've worked only 3 times on this island: once for 3months (my first summer here), one for 1 week and the last was just recently for 2months. i don't get pocket money, though i'm into computers and websites (that's where i make my change) so its possible to get by. there are people who support themselves here in north cyprus and are not working.

so if you are looking for greener pastures or something, or just wanting to leave nigeria and go elsewhere, NORTH CYPRUS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU. though people use it to facilitate their "escape" as it is easy to get visas from here. people are getting visas like it's free! there was a time it felt like the Uk embassy was doing visa bonanza, lol!

anyways, before coming, make proper research guided by your reason for coming here, that's my advice! :-)

Are u sure u are a Graduate
With your write up its easy to tell that is either your are economical with the truth about being a graduate or Cyprus educational system sucks
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by kheme(m): 4:10am On Nov 11, 2010
With your write up its easy to tell that is either your are economical with the truth about being a graduate or Cyprus educational system sucks

And your point exactly is?
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by eagle82: 2:05am On Nov 21, 2010
@Kheme You have done well, infact you people have impacted some much knowledge. More grease to your palm. As for the website, that will be a great idea. Please I've sent you a request on yahoo massenger, do accept me. Thanks very much.
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by btluv: 11:31am On Nov 21, 2010
oyewolejos:

@ oyewolejos
u are just a big F-OO-L and an I-Diot the guy is sacrificing is time to enlighten people all u can do is criticize his English, are u better than him.

@Kheme
u are doing a great job may GOD reward u for your time and effort, and don't mind destroyers of good deeds.
we all support your website idea,  cheers
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by Edlopez: 7:25pm On Dec 22, 2010
Smiley HI EVERYONE, I JUST GAINED ADMISSION IN ONE OF THE BEST AND CHEAPEST UNIVERSITY IN ABROAD AFTER SEEKING ADMISSION IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES FOR SOME YEARS. AM VERY HAPPY BECAUSE I WAS ENTITLED TO FREE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP. EVERY ONE SEEKING ADMISSION INTO HIS/HER COURSE OF STUDY SHOULD EMAIL ME ON: agbonghaenewton@gmail.com OR REPLY BACK AND I WILL GIVE COMPLETE INFORMATION.
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by btluv: 4:51am On Dec 23, 2010
Edlopez:

Smiley HI EVERYONE, I JUST GAINED ADMISSION IN ONE OF THE BEST AND CHEAPEST UNIVERSITY IN ABROAD AFTER SEEKING ADMISSION IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES FOR SOME YEARS. AM VERY HAPPY BECAUSE I WAS ENTITLED TO FREE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP. EVERY ONE SEEKING ADMISSION INTO HIS/HER COURSE OF STUDY SHOULD EMAIL ME ON: agbonghaenewton@gmail.com OR REPLY BACK AND I WILL GIVE COMPLETE INFORMATION.
thanks Mr.
So what's the name of the school and how did you go about it
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by mmedular: 9:59pm On Dec 26, 2010
Hello Kem. like to know much about Cyprus. if u don't mind . how can i do the processing ?
like to hear from u. my add is ahmadbin4real@yahoo.co.uk.
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by kheme(m): 10:40pm On Dec 26, 2010
mmedular, add me on messenger okiemute2002 and we can talk there
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by pinehearst: 11:06pm On Jan 30, 2011
Am kind of confuse on the food stuffs to get.
Can any1 advice and on the food stuffs i go along with, dat isn't available at cyprus.
just curious, Is the food der friendly in the stomach?
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by kheme(m): 1:30pm On Jan 31, 2011
lol you'd survive, don't worry. i've been here almost 5yrs now and i'm doing well without much nigerian meals and much "turkish" meals.

What to bring:
[list]
[li]red oil[/li]
[li]garri[/li]
[li]pepper[/li]
[li]spices[/li]
[li]clothes[/li]
[li]dried fish[/li]
[li]stock fish[/li]
[li]crayfish[/li]
[li]bitter leaf[/li]
[li]dried melon (egusi)[/li]
[li]dried ogbono. they have to be dried so they don't spoil[/li]
[/list]

that's about it. if i remember anything else, i'd add it on here
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by lomolink(m): 2:33pm On Jan 31, 2011
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by kheme(m): 5:04pm On Jun 30, 2011
okay,  anyone interested in schooling in Northern Cyprus, admission for Fall Semester (September) is open now. Also thanks to this thread, i'm now an agent for the European University of Lefke and can now assist students in coming to study here.

I'm available online for the most parts of everyday.

Yahoo! ID: okiemute2002
Live Messenger ID: kheme@msn.com

will be launching a website pretty soon, onto which i'd transfer all the info i've provided on this thread and more, but in a more organized manner.
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by esko: 4:22pm On Jul 13, 2011
Kheme, thank God u are bak with full force. Congrats on ur appointment as EUL rep. I once mailed u sometime ago and requested for some useful info but was stunned you didn't give it a response. Well, I was just wondering if there could be Nigerian Restaurants in TRNC where one can eat eba/garri and other Naija dishes, also what's the cost of a meal there. Meanwhile, if u have contacts of newly accepted students to TRNC schools from Nigeria traveling this september, pls connect me with them let's plan together and exchange views for our visa processing, flight booking and departure. My email add.is drikeji@yahoo.com. Waiting for responses from you and those concerned. Tnx
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by kheme(m): 9:30am On Jul 14, 2011
@esko: i have great news for you. i will be in Benin & Warri around middle of August for this purpose. There's going to be a seminar to this effect, and i will be there with an official from the International Office here to answer any questions you may have PLUS "INSTANT ADMISSION". As the plans become more solid, i will keep posting news on this thread. What part of the country do you live in?

There aren't african restaurants in lefke, but in other cities, i hear there's one, but never saw it. but over here in lefke, there used to be at least 5people cooking weekly,  fried rice, jollof rice, nwkobi, pepper soup and other delicacies. unfortunately, most of them just graduated,  someone else would have to pick up the business, i guess :-)

the lady that was doing nkwobi was charging 10lira (equivalent to 1k naira) and 5lira for pepper soup. those with rice, and semo and amala and co were charging like 10, 15 lira, depending on the meal. then they have like 35bucks for a pot of soup, things like that. but typically here, a plate of food here ranges from 4lira to 12 or 15 lira in most cafes. restaurants outside might go up too 27 (2k7 naira), depending on the meal you order.

I don't know if i would be going back with students, but you guys shouldn't worry, there would be a welcoming committee when you get to Cyprus, and i will put you through everything else from after admission until you finally arrive Cyprus, up until you settle for good.

PS: I'm sorry i didn't get your email, i have no idea what happened. either i didn't see it, was too busy or it was lost in Junk mail or something, i don't know. but i've been responding to all the people asking questions, especially on messenger. you can email again with your questions, or find me on messenger. i'd rather messenger, NOT facebook.
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by esko: 1:18pm On Jul 14, 2011
@KHEME, what a first hand expose you have given there! Well, I reside in Canaan city Nigeria and would really want to make it to Benin if given the info in advance. Although, I may not know where to perch in Benin since its long I left there (did my service there over 5yrs ago). You didn't give me the yahoo id I can hook up with you in yahoo msnger. In the interim, if you come across some people (maybe through their consultation with you for advice) who have secured their visas recently from the Turkish Embassy, do link me up with them. I have already received my acceptance letters from CIU and EMU but have yet to decide on which school I will make deposit to and settle for. Maybe it's part of why I need to get along with people in my shoes who are on ground in Nigeria and and are going through through the process currently, who knows, the embassy would have changed some things in practice which in principle and their website, may not be reflecting. Once again, thank you for the good job you've been doing here. Because of people like you, wip5, izzmuch etc I was able to follow the process alone without contracting any agent up to this point and I pray I receive my visa so that I can finally roll out my drums in celebration. I really need to be properly guided for the visa because I am using all my papers for this as a self-funded student, hope I am not disadvantaged?
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by kheme(m): 9:22pm On Jul 28, 2011
@esko: my yahoo ID is: okiemute2002 please identify you when you send the request

as for the seminars, OTHER agents would be in Port Harcourt as well, which is closer to you. As for where to stay there, i have no idea bout PH. but i don't know how far it is to travel down in terms of hours, else you can come in the morning and return back same day in the evening. I should be in port harcourt as well, but probably for the afternoon session as i'd have to drive down from benin. details of the seminars will be posted here as soon as they are finalized.

getting the visa is not hard, as long as you have all required documents. i can't give you any guarantee though, but the visa a sure thing, i never heard of anyone who was refused visa :-)

as for the schools, i think you should do proper research on which schools you wanna settle for. different people go to different schools for different reasons. here's my advice: if you want activities, clubbing, busy city, lots and lots of nigerians, and if you've got the cash to spend, then go to EMU. if you want a moderation of things, not too many nigerians then CIU would be better. but the school is a little distance from town, and is also slightly as expensive as famagusta (where EMU is located).

so you cant's go to the schools people are going for THEIR own reasons. my brother sent me to EUM for his own reasons, but after spending 1 semester there (basically wasted that semester), i came down to lefke (where i had initially wanted to go) and realised famagusta wasn't for me, and lefke was rather ideal. so again, do your research on the schools and their locations before you decide.

don't forget to add me on messenger. my Yahoo! ID: okiemute2002
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by kheme(m): 3:46pm On Aug 08, 2011
ATTENTION

Students who intend to study in Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus do not need an appointment.

You are kindly advised to apply to the Embassy in person with all the application documents on any Monday, Wednesday or Friday between 9-11 am. after August 20.

All information related to visa application formalities is available on Embassy’s website (www.abuja.emb.mfa.gov.tr), under the “info notes” menu on top of the main page.

this was an email from the Turkish Embassy in Abuja TODAY (August 8 2011), so be informed!
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by kheme(m): 11:33pm On Aug 16, 2011
Admission is currently open until September into internationally recognized university with the most affordable fees and lowest cost of living in Cyprus. Admission will be processed between 1 to 3 days, or 5days tops (when we're busy).

For more information, questions, inquiries, doubts, etc. please email me at info@deqeoconsulting.info or visit www.deqeoconsulting.info

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics / Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown / Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.