Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? (61433 Views)

FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) / 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class / I Just Got A Job In A University With My 3rd Class. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by gift01: 9:05am On Jun 26, 2015
People when no go school dey make am while you dey complain. Na only Lazy man no go make am

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by ibkgab001: 9:06am On Jun 26, 2015
No one will see my result until it's time for Politics...but anyway I'm doing great with my life because my grade caused me to start an investment at a tender age

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by opedaydydx9(m): 9:07am On Jun 26, 2015
Adeyemz4:
over yes u can, nigeria of today is not about ur degree or class but your input to their coy. what if u grad 1st class with a dull performance what did u want them to say about it.. sorry am working with mine, and am doing great with my coy and i have done my wedding and am living well with my own built house. i also graduated from a good uni with 3rd class in 2011. but today am happy cos i thought i was a disapointment to my parents for my poor grade. but however mine was caused by school politics it was a delebrate act from my dept in school. thankz and best of luck u can make it bro
i tot this only happens in my school, bros they select those they wnt for 1st class, 2nd class upper nd lower, omo no be small thing for naija ooh, pls which school did u grad from

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by Bobbystanley(m): 9:07am On Jun 26, 2015
Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by opedaydydx9(m): 9:08am On Jun 26, 2015
mayor20:
The labour market in Nigeria presently care less about your class of degree. Even if you make the first class grade of this world. It does not guarantee you any work. Connections and contacts is work push you out of the labour market.
well said Bro

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by Skywalker5(m): 9:09am On Jun 26, 2015
Yes, if you can move to a developed country that is interested in your ability and not the paper certificate

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by zubby29(m): 9:09am On Jun 26, 2015
i have 1 very close buddy working with arik wit jst his 3rd class degree as a cabin crew.so all hope is not lost my frnd

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by ITbomb(m): 9:10am On Jun 26, 2015
Simple answer (doesn't matter how discouraging), very very hard.

Your pg doesn't matter, no body ask for it

The only place you have a chance is government civil service or teaching where you have to use connection, outside that, develop your skills and be self employed

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by peeta89(m): 9:11am On Jun 26, 2015
opedaydydx9:
finish ur masters degree den, ur third class won't be considered
Gud day bro. I appreciate ur encouragement. Thanks and God bless you.
Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by Abuleoshi: 9:11am On Jun 26, 2015
peeta89:
Good morning. Kindly add me up on Bbm let's talk about that. I don't want to disclose d school here. Dis is my pin 2bce2bd5

Na this one you do wen make you get 3rd class soo. you are hiding the school where you are doing your PGD, but looking for open advice here. you are a clown. grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by sewentybaba: 9:12am On Jun 26, 2015
I know guys with third class and they have good jobs without masters sef. Continue your PGD and any other professional courses you can do. Keep building yourself and have faith. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by emerich(m): 9:16am On Jun 26, 2015
If you have a Capital then go ahead and start a biz, u said u studied microbiology right?, Then there is no cause for alarm, go ahead and get a diploma in Medical Laboratory Technician, it offers lots of Job opportunity in the hospital setting as U can't work in the Hospital with ur mere microbiology certificate, or better still U could apply for a direct entry into some University that offers direct entry into 200L Medical Laboratory Science such as University of Calabar and UniJos, that is if U want to be a Professional with a very attractive income without waiting for a White collar Job.

Best Wishes Bro.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by RAKLAS(m): 9:16am On Jun 26, 2015
visit www.wapblade.com for latest Apps, Games and many more.! We made it easy for u to download and explore
Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by opedaydydx9(m): 9:17am On Jun 26, 2015
peeta89:
Gud day bro. I appreciate ur encouragement. Thanks and God bless you.
ur welcme buh if u knw anybody that's knws anybody..

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 26, 2015
Bro..just go start business

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by stalione(m): 9:19am On Jun 26, 2015
Nicepoker:
U STUDIED micro BIOLOGY AND BAGGED A 3rd CLASS. IN OTHER WORDS U STUDIED small BIOLOGY AND GRADUATED WITH 3rd CLASS . GUY U NO TRY!
ua an idiot.Pls my broda stay positive,u'l get a job with it,am working with mine confortably with FG parastatal.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by APRIDE(m): 9:20am On Jun 26, 2015
Valendo:
Why not think of becoming an employer of labour? Tell me of all the rich people in the world today how many of them get 2.1, first class or even 2.2 majority of them are skul drop outs or better put are not well educated yet they control and rule over 95percent of world's wealth. Take time to think and read. God bless you

You may be right but it doesn't make make laziness in school right. You can still make first class and become an employer of labour.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by opedaydydx9(m): 9:21am On Jun 26, 2015
sewentybaba:
I know guys with third class and they have good jobs without masters sef. Continue your PGD and any other professional courses you can do. Keep building yourself and have faith. All the best.
Yes oh, even a frnd of mine with pass got a job this yr, was freaken happy cause he dint believe he would get a white collar job, he was doing business before then

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by stalione(m): 9:21am On Jun 26, 2015
Nicepoker:
U STUDIED micro BIOLOGY AND BAGGED A 3rd CLASS. IN OTHER WORDS U STUDIED small BIOLOGY AND GRADUATED WITH 3rd CLASS . GUY U NO TRY!
ua an I..d..I..o>t I mean.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 26, 2015
Bennyzino:
That 3rd class is not yet accepted in the labor market.
2.2s are still battling em way through.
But it was a nice step you took towards getting job opportunities.

Try to go for your masters afterwards.

Nonsense !!!!! angry you are very new in the labour market obviously.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by Nicepoker(m): 9:26am On Jun 26, 2015
stalione:
ua an idiot.Pls my broda stay positive,u'l get a job with it,am working with mine confortably with FG parastatal.
tell me something! By the way the !diot is not necessary u know. in ur own case what distracted u in school.
Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by MrsAnyanwu(f): 9:28am On Jun 26, 2015
Valendo:
Why not think of becoming an employer of labour? Tell me of all the rich people in the world today how many of them get 2.1, first class or even 2.2 majority of them are skul drop outs or better put are not well educated yet they control and rule over 95percent of world's wealth. Take time to think and read. God bless you
I agree with u, I graduated with a 2.2 in biochemistry, I am a web designer nd doin well by God's grace, OP hv more skills nd invest in urself , dats wht I tell my kids,my last kid is a web designer, a medical doctor nd a biochemist, u can be whateva u want in lyf, lyf is all about wht u make of it, but as bill gates would say "I was lucky but a degree is a surer path to success" OP goodluck ,God is on ur side, tnx

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by lakefist(m): 9:30am On Jun 26, 2015
I own a bsc in economics and am making my living online..By God Grace am earning more than 1st class holders...

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by octopusfreaky(f): 9:31am On Jun 26, 2015
continue your masters and focus on it,,,y friends with 2:1 are still struggling to get a job.connection na d way forward.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by Acidosis(m): 9:32am On Jun 26, 2015
Nope, but you can create a job.

There is a limit to where and what you can achieve with a 3rd class degree, but with a brain, and functional limbs, you have limitless opportunities.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by hadura29(m): 9:33am On Jun 26, 2015
peeta89:
Good evening. I graduated in 2011 from a University here in Nigeria where I studied Microbiology. I actually had a third class although I am running a PGD programme at the moment and I am almost rounding off. So I want to know if I can get a job with my 3rd class degree combined together with my PGD statement of result? I am in my mid 20's. I need an urgent advice please.............

Grade doesn't amount to intelligence and work input, believe in yourself, believe in what you worship, things will definately turn around for good. No shame in it bro.

God will help us all job seekers...

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 26, 2015
Bennyzino:
That 3rd class is not yet accepted in the labor market.
2.2s are still battling em way through.
But it was a nice step you took towards getting job opportunities.

Try to go for your masters afterwards.

We have 4 3rd Class Directors in my organization - EXPERIENCE is key not the Class of Degree

Guess what.. Tony Elumelu is a 3rd Class Graduate - Take that to the BANK

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 26, 2015
peeta89:
Good evening. I graduated in 2011 from a University here in Nigeria where I studied Microbiology. I actually had a third class although I am running a PGD programme at the moment and I am almost rounding off. So I want to know if I can get a job with my 3rd class degree combined together with my PGD statement of result? I am in my mid 20's. I need an urgent advice please.............

Microbiology is a nice one closest to a carrier in environmental engineering. You can pursue a career there. Environmental Engineering is very lucrative these days. You could land a job in the Oils and Gas Service sector. Try some certification courses. They are expensive though (about N400,000) such as:

BGAS-CSWIP Agricultural & Environmental Inspector (Google it)
NEBOSH Module on Environment (Google it)

With the two certs above you will go far if you are disciplined and dedicated.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by udoka2: 9:41am On Jun 26, 2015
I am a HR practitioner.
From experience your class of degree matters at entry level not at experienced and professional levels.

Most people with third class usually go into professional certifications; they do it to the highest level, that makes their first degree certificate irrelevant during hiring process. and i must say .. they are professionally sound,intentionally want to make up for their first degree and prove a point that grade of degree means nothing; rather COMPETENCY matters.

some young people believe its only connection that can give one job irrespective of grade...wrong. yes connection in some cases opens the door, but competency and character gives you job security and career advancement.

i will personally advise you to go professional certification route and do your pgd/masters later, since you have started, conclude, do professional certifications and masters later. but be sure of what career you want for yourself before doing certification for doing sake, another mistake most people do.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by ekiloui(f): 9:42am On Jun 26, 2015
opedaydydx9:
Yes oh, even a frnd of mine with pass got a job this yr, was freaken happy cause he dint believe he would get a white collar job, he was doing business before then

How did he get the job?

Through the front or back door?
Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by MVLOX(m): 9:42am On Jun 26, 2015
Am currently a 300l Geology student, and it so clear to me that ama grad wit a 3rd class. But honestly am not bothered. This becuz like u may already knw examination is not a true test of knowledge and real employers of labour today do not look for those with just good results but those who can get d job done. I attended the monthly meeting of Nigerian Association of Petroleum explorationist and one of d speakers talked abt developing our abilities. Most pple wit good result rely just on their results to make tins happen for dem and later dey get frustrated wen tins turn out to wat dey neva expected. As a 3rd class graduate u have the advantage of planning and starting small. Personally I already have so many plans that will get me started immediately I grad next year. So bro don't give up or feel bad....just focus on areas pple over look.....the key words is to plan and start small and in no time u will find ur self at a top where u have always wanted to

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nnpc Graduate Trainee Pay Package / Lady Looking For A Job For Her Boyfriend On Twitter / See The Nature Of N-Power Assessment Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.