Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? (61428 Views)

FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) / 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class / I Just Got A Job In A University With My 3rd Class. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by cutieme(m): 11:00am On Jun 26, 2015
@peeta89,I've sent u an invite on bbm.
Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by peeta89(m): 11:03am On Jun 26, 2015
cutieme:
@peeta89,I've sent u an invite on bbm.
ya I accepted it.
Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by Slidoo(m): 11:08am On Jun 26, 2015
peeta89:
Good evening. I graduated in 2011 from a University here in Nigeria where I studied Microbiology. I actually had a third class although I am running a PGD programme at the moment and I am almost rounding off. So I want to know if I can get a job with my 3rd class degree combined together with my PGD statement of result? I am in my mid 20's. I need an urgent advice please.............
U can have a job with it, if u have ur connection but if u don't have connection then it will b difficult unless God intervene or u start wit a minor job wit it..
Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by KINGOZEK(m): 11:09am On Jun 26, 2015
Try hard, be smart , Dedication and always in prayer you will achieve success, the Lord is your strength.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by lordfalcao(m): 11:13am On Jun 26, 2015
peeta89:
Good evening. I graduated in 2011 from a University here in Nigeria where I studied Microbiology. I actually had a third class although I am running a PGD programme at the moment and I am almost rounding off. So I want to know if I can get a job with my 3rd class degree combined together with my PGD statement of result? I am in my mid 20's. I need an urgent advice please.............
is the school anambra state university?
Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 26, 2015
peeta89:
its hard to get a chance to be interview so u av to mke urself noticed one way or the other.
after your PGD try offer urself for a low income for ur time to be running in not out ...u may as well gve dem little conditions. ..wat I mean is luk for a reputable company to wrk wit which u can use the name later as a place u get like 2yrs experience. think of things u will need as a microbiologist e.g a computer grad may knw some other softwares. d exp wit ur other programs could den get u smetin good if microbiology is ur passion on d first place. lot of reasons lead to student failure or low academic performance. bt u av to get it right as soon as u grad.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by steffans(m): 11:27am On Jun 26, 2015
Yes u can get a job.. even Jobs
I know a 3rd class person.. he went for an interview and did better than others with better grades and with banking experience.

never give up..

try International NGOs too..
they even pay better..
GoodLuck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by MVLOX(m): 11:29am On Jun 26, 2015
zeezu22:

guy what you heard in skol is diff from what is out here.wen u come out u wil knw how bad it is to gradaute with 2.2,nt to talk of 3rd class.

I wish I just heard it and have not experienced it. Guy I got a job wit my NCE 2.2 and even came out as d 2nd best in d interview.....same interview where persons with beta results from beta schs flopped cuz there was no connections and the interview was all rounder from written to Oral to practical .....out of more dan a thousand pple I was amongst 10 persons dat got gat job. The only prb was that my salary wasn't as high as those with Bsc..... More reason I had to go back to sch....

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by Nicepoker(m): 11:35am On Jun 26, 2015
adewumiopeyemi:
u are sick
of what pls
Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by Rennerglo: 11:36am On Jun 26, 2015
its all about God's grace. I finished with a 3rd class but i have a very wonderful govt job

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by Nicepoker(m): 11:36am On Jun 26, 2015
stalione:
it was ur mother's harl..otery and waywardness distracted me,I was trying 2put her on the right direction n along the line got distracted so much.The way u sound shows how empty u are.SMH!!! kiss
u are going too far guy. We. Are only discussing. On a public forum disagreement are bound to occur.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by Nicepoker(m): 11:37am On Jun 26, 2015
xxxtedyxxx:
mumu.
u are going too far

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by Nicepoker(m): 11:39am On Jun 26, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
u are a slow poke for saying dis, people lyk u disgust me, hv u seen the walls of a university? Trash
ave not. U graduated with 3rd class too.
Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by fanex: 11:47am On Jun 26, 2015
good you are still young...

if the ones with first class are struggling to get a white collar job. go an learn a decent trade and leverage your education to do better than the illiterates in the field.

life is simple. if the guys with first class degrees can not get a gainful employment, what is your option. right now you have wasted a year of your life doing a PGD.

peeta89:
Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by francizy(m): 12:04pm On Jun 26, 2015
peeta89:

Truth be told, without experience, it will be very difficult for you. About 90% of entry level jobs out there request for 1st class and 2.1. The sad part of it is that even the 1st class and 2.1 find it very difficult to get job these days, especially if they are above certain age.

A way you could get job easily, even with a pass degree, is if you got the connection.

If you dont have connect, best thing for you is to look for how you can build your experience, or think of any business you can easily start up in your field with say (NGN 1M) research thoroughly about the biz, prepare your business plan and use it to apply for grant programs. When you win a grant and start up your biz, it's another way to build experience. In the near future, even if you still wanna work, you will be applying for supervisory, head of depts or managerial roles. Just give it a try.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by mystery1979: 12:29pm On Jun 26, 2015
there is nothing to worry about,most companies engage people based on experience and professional courses/training,look for a small scale company where you can learn/enhance your skill on the profession you desire,it may or may not be something related to microbiology.you may not be getting enough money as you want but I tell you that you will smile later.the job I am doing now is what I learnt during my 6months IT.after graduation,i went back to work there on a salary of 35k a month and was owed for 6 months,though I was paid later, rented an apartment and moved out from my parents house for the first time.i got a job after two years with a salary of times 5 of my former salary,i am still employed now based on that singular skill I got during my IT,married with two kids.you won't believe that till now,my employer have never asked for my university degree,instead they are more concerned with my professional certificates.well I don't know that is obtainable in other profession,i am a welding inspector.bros remain focused.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by stalione(m): 12:31pm On Jun 26, 2015
Nicepoker:
u are going too far guy. We. Are only discussing. On a public forum disagreement are bound to occur.
what sort of disagreement,do u think b4 u talk.Meanwhile wot grade do u even have in skul? lipsrsealed
Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by Nicepoker(m): 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2015
stalione:
what sort of disagreement,do u think b4 u talk.Meanwhile wot grade do u even have in skul? lipsrsealed
that's not necessary.
Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by stalione(m): 12:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
Nicepoker:
that's not necessary.
nop,it is,atleast u know mine,dnt shy away frm ur own,I believe ur so called own will be better off bros.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by cutieme(m): 12:54pm On Jun 26, 2015
@peeta89,Bro please can u tell me about the school and other things I asked on bb?

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by ElFenomeno1: 12:54pm On Jun 26, 2015
Yes. In a meatpacking factory!
Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by Nicepoker(m): 12:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
stalione:
nop,it is,atleast u know mine,dnt shy away frm ur own,I believe ur so called own will be better off bros.
u want to know. Yet u termed it "so called"
Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by bodeoni: 1:22pm On Jun 26, 2015
princemmab:

Ehyaa... just 2 likes after u took out time to post this mini book here. Sure u were feeling like a guru before clicking the submit button, but nlanders just fall ur hand. No worry before e reach 2weeks, dem go show u more love

Lol, that really cracked me up. Thank you
Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by segunn20(m): 1:22pm On Jun 26, 2015
I graduated with a pass in science laboratory technology from a polytechnic (national diploma) but was employ in the hospital I did my IT with a little pay but now with two year and also an undergraduate student in B.Sc Biology at National open university nigeria (NOUN) 200L

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by MrsAnyanwu(f): 1:23pm On Jun 26, 2015
Nicepoker:
ave not. U graduated with 3rd class too.
get a life

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by judedwriter(m): 1:29pm On Jun 26, 2015
ilobasama:
The real truth is in our nigeria of today, Gods grace, connections (90%) and your ability(10%) gets you a job, careless of a first class and all the others.......then connections(again) and your input keeps you on the job
God's grace my broda. Job now in nigeria is God's face smiling at u. If u don't have connections, its practically a miracle to get a job with 3RD class.
Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by Nicepoker(m): 1:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
get a life
from u?
Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by Tex42(m): 1:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
Nairaland and Nairalanders have a way of lifting people's spirit, though they can be in a way naughty and funny at thesame time, but I love them(nairalanders) and the forum too... So brother, yes you can!. Now go get that job.

GoodLuck!

3 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by esecoal(m): 1:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
so u live well now I guess?
I always advice my friends, I always tell them dude/babe u re not dull...U wrote PUme? jamb YOU passed without anybody,s influence.U can make it in life..And If u check around schools like mine With A lot of 3rd class grades ,u will realize that even the HOD NA 3rd class n some very old lecturers wey no wan retire. So how u expect them to give u A or B for course wey dem be get E or C for them time..Its so pathetic...DElsu and Uniuyo especially

Adeyemz4:
over yes u can, nigeria of today is not about ur degree or class but your input to their coy. what if u grad 1st class with a dull performance what did u want them to say about it.. sorry am working with mine, and am doing great with my coy and i have done my wedding and am living well with my own built house. i also graduated from a good uni with 3rd class in 2011. but today am happy cos i thought i was a disapointment to my parents for my poor grade. but however mine was caused by school politics it was a delebrate act from my dept in school. thankz and best of luck u can make it bro

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by Rajosh(m): 2:01pm On Jun 26, 2015
peeta89:
Good morning. Kindly add me up on Bbm let's talk about that. I don't want to disclose d school here. Dis is my pin 2bce2bd5
do u have a whatsapp number? I wanna enroll for pgd as well immediately after service but I don't think I want to go back to where I graduated from.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by neweraomo: 2:07pm On Jun 26, 2015
GNLD IS YOUR STRENGTH MY BROTHER
Re: Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 26, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Yes you can if you are smart , a goal getter and got the skills.

You should use your situation to better you., From experience if you come out with 3rd class and you are also not experienced and you cant package yourself, my brother you will spend the rest of your youthful life looking for a job except you wanna settle for a teaching job, which pays quite low.

My advice would be dont waste your time looking for a job cos you might not get it as fast as you think, but here is what you are going to do.
1. Look for companies that would need your service , google is your friend
2. Send them a message that you want to come and work for them for free for 3 months after which you promise to beat some of their best employee . Employers like competition and this kind of boldness
3. Some will reply while some wont, look for the one with a good name that would help boost your career.
4. Give in your best for the 3 months, work your asss out, remember you are only trying to prove yourself, be one of the first to resume and one of the last to leave, you are just trying to gain peoples attention, let the top dogs in that industry see you, meanwhile im not asking you to do eye service cos it will come back hunting you
5. After 3 months if you deliver you will know and if you didnt you will know, But lets assume you delivered, just walk up to the MD's office and tell him you have accomplished your mission and you are ready to quit
6. Any wise business man would want to retain you, then they will offer you small change
7. Reject and name your price,

From experience your first job is usually the hardest, once you get it, your next job wont ask for 3rd class bullshit all they will care about is your experience from previous job

97% Graduate wont be able to do it, but one person that followed this advice thoroughly is now a manager in one of the big firms in Nigeria. He got to the top of the ladder in less than 5 years.
Note: Hardwork, smartness and dedication pays

Now this is what you call good and practical advice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nnpc Graduate Trainee Pay Package / Lady Looking For A Job For Her Boyfriend On Twitter / See The Nature Of N-Power Assessment Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.