Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! (39642 Views)

My Son Won't Let Me Get Any Action / She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. / What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by DavidEsq(m): 7:51am On Jun 27, 2015
[quote author=steffans post=35196729]This is one of ur comments in ur other tread... Babe, u had dis thing coming..

This makes me understand more that all marriages are different.. And I ask my self.. Why do ladies still go ahead to marry if dey see red flags??
Is it bcuz all ur mates are getting married or what?

Ladies... Pls take a good look at ur fiancee b4 marriage or else.. Don't come and be disturbing us on NL and discouraging dos about to get married.

"U haven't seen exaggeration! A "man" calls his
mother for assistance on tins he can have his fiance do,
the mother knows when he has a headache before his
fiance,so Wat is d duty of a fiance? Have time for d folks
u say...do u know there's every possibility that he asks
his mother to move in with us after wedding, at dat point I
should say Wat? all I'm saying is dat it is immature of a
man to be dat clingy. Not a man in his 30's for heaven
sake!"
on point bro. the tin tire me sef
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by DavidEsq(m): 7:55am On Jun 27, 2015
cherriex:
Abeg if u don't want to work,pls what's the name of the NGO again
haba u no even give am advice fes.
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by uscofield: 7:55am On Jun 27, 2015
Mznaett:
No b say i dey like her na

BUT I am an Advocate for human rights especially gender equality and so?? Dnt quote me wrong pls

Na Abuloma i dey stay sha 4dat Trans Amadi area but 4nw, i dey my state o

Where be ur state?
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 27, 2015
Mamaflex:
Now, this is funny.

Wtf is funny,will u lose ur marriage all for a job?
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Ikemikeobi(m): 8:00am On Jun 27, 2015
A Bird at hand is better then a million in the bush, if you dont have something doing i think is better to start this one while their pray for another one
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Mznaett: 8:10am On Jun 27, 2015
Uscofield,,Am from the land of fulfilment wtb?
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Mznaett: 8:13am On Jun 27, 2015
Sunbellar,,I'm not
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by epiphany202(m): 8:15am On Jun 27, 2015
Smh
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by epiphany202(m): 8:17am On Jun 27, 2015
Is that ur inlaw ur God...

U have to make ur own decision
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Leonyluiz(m): 8:17am On Jun 27, 2015
Babe! Its real simple. They don't want you to have a lucrative job.. So you'd be their housewife, depend solely on their son and be their push-around...

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by adiwils(m): 8:18am On Jun 27, 2015
All of You that commented forgot to investigate properly what could have lead to their decision not to allow her to go for the job. Well, I checked her Dp and what I saw was an extremely beautiful and sexy babe that could drive any oga for work crazy. So they are afraid that their son may loose her to men of insatiable lost for women and may be the job is of the marketing section where she would have to be going out to look for donours for the org. Left to me I surport their veiws she should just stay and work as a house wife for the time being after bearing 2 to 3 kids. Henhen she can then be released for ouside job shikena.
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by spencekat(m): 8:18am On Jun 27, 2015
Have they told you the reason why you should not take the job?Well,what did you hubby say about the situation at hand?Have you also prayed about it?Have you carried out a personal research about the job?.Well,if I were you,I will go for the job.

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by dotune(m): 8:32am On Jun 27, 2015
Obviously ur in laws run ur marriage.
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by stag: 8:33am On Jun 27, 2015
onegig:
Please tell me this is a joke.

I have heard many Nigerians are myopic but if this is true then I must say Nigeria still got a long way.
No wonder this place is a shithole.

You got a job; a means of empowerment and someone somewhere is telling you to flush it down the drain without a commensurate alternative.

I guess you have no siblings who are still growing up and would need all the help they can get or no aged parents who would need to be taken care of.

I hope those in laws also saw you in their dreams and prayers begging for money to buy Maggi and condiments from them in a few months time....

Mtshewww...

Edit: Just checked your profile and it checks out. In-laws got another puppet to their list of puppeteers to pull strings on and see them dance to their "sorrowful" lyrics. cheesy

It certainly checks out!
But her fourth finger is occupied bro cheesy
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by nkem123(m): 8:43am On Jun 27, 2015
lovinhubby2wife:
The worst thing that can ever happen to a man is having wicked beasts as in-laws
. There is absolutely nothing you can ever do to please them.
do u know if she is flirt who take chances at every slightest opportunity? do u know how she managed and under d condition she got d job? she wouldn't tell us how she got d job, and d type of woman she is.I sense something is not right here.
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by miqos02(m): 9:02am On Jun 27, 2015
deebee13:
So I got married recently, and my in laws are quite religious. Last week I got a new job after waiting for so long for it... T

he problem now is, my in-laws claim they prayed about it, and I shouldn't take d job. It's at an NGO, with a beautiful package and future for me.

I also have till 2nd of July to give my answer to the regional office.

I need mature advices on how to handle this matter pls!!!

how come they knew u got a new job?

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 27, 2015
deebee13:

He's torn in between...

Sorry to say but you married a mama's boy
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by otokx(m): 9:21am On Jun 27, 2015
buy your hot moi moi here.

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by tiredface: 9:35am On Jun 27, 2015
FUCCKK YOUR SELFISH INLAWS. YOU AND YOUR HUBBY ARE BEGINNING TO ANNOY REAL PEOPLE HERE. IS YOUR HUSBAND RUNNING HIS FAMILY OF OTHERS DOING IT FOR HIM? THEY CAN ONLY ADVICE AND THATS IF I ASK FOR ONE. YOUR HUSBAND IS SOOOO IMMATURE CHRONOLOGICALLY SPEAKING, DON'T CARE IF HE'S 40 OR ARE YOU UNDER THEIR OWN RUFF? JUST HATE THESE SO CALLED CULTURES

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 27, 2015
With dat dp i saw up there,i fink d inlawz ar scared their son might lose her afterwards.my tot
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by PMIcon(m): 9:35am On Jun 27, 2015
modskiller:
Better leave that family if you love yourself and value the future of your unborn kids. What would you tell them in the nearest future that kept you from your full potentials in terms of finance and reputation when they need your help the most...

Speaking from experience madam.

#ChooseWisely

You responded this way because the info you extracted is just about WHAT SHE SAID about the in laws. Not everyone who post such stuff tell the full story and you don't know her o.
What about HER HUSBAND? Why can't he take a stand? He knows his parents and the lady she married. Is she domineering? Is the husband weak socially and/or spiritually? Are the in laws afraid of what they know she can do after taking the job?(not justifying this fear but it may be objective). Did God really speak to them? (God prefers to speak to people directly though, except they don't care what He says or don't know how He speaks to them and I guess that is the situation here). She didn't say it all.

She is beautiful though but I won't put that kind of profile pics on NL if I am a lady that should be respected by my inlaws.

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by YEM101: 9:38am On Jun 27, 2015
Pls i don't think that shld be ur in-laws decision, pls shine ur eyes jare. Will they be paying u monthly or what? I beg wise up , one day they will tell u the colour of the bra u shld wear.
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by PMIcon(m): 9:47am On Jun 27, 2015
spencekat:
Have they told you the reason why you should not take the job?Well,what did you hubby say about the situation at hand?Have you also prayed about it?Have you carried out a personal research about the job?.Well,if I were you,I will go for the job.

...if the recommendations above favors it.
Not everything that glitters is gold. It may be bronze or diamond as well.
I once got an NGO job that my parents didn't want me to take because it was in the North (though that area was peaceful AT THAT TIME). I don't let fear get the best of me so I told them that North or not I can still take the job. So I did my own prayer and felt in my heart God leading me NOT TO TAKE IT. So I declined the offer. It wasn't long after that that serious Boko Haram activity started there o.

2 Likes

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by chidiandre(m): 9:48am On Jun 27, 2015
u got the job fair and square why do u need people to tell you u can't take the job.....do they want the husband to be the only provider..... well u need to take Care of yourself and your family dont listen to your in-laws what about ur own family mum dad siblings what do they have to say
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by PMIcon(m): 9:55am On Jun 27, 2015
chidiandre:
u got the job fair and square why do u need people to tell you u can't take the job.....do they want the husband to be the only provider..... well u need to take Care of yourself and your family dont listen to your in-laws what about ur own family mum dad siblings what do they have to say
...another gray area
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by uscofield: 9:57am On Jun 27, 2015
Mznaett:
Uscofield,,Am from the land of fulfilment wtb?

Am from God's own state, which one be land of fulfillment?
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by delishpot: 10:16am On Jun 27, 2015
Has anyone asked what type of NGO it is?
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 27, 2015
grin
Your village folks did one by you, so they gave your in-laws a heads-up "She no fit go" signal.
Please do not deactivate your account after this thread, my question is who is the "Reacher" or "Settler" in your marriage? my guess is as good as yours, but all the same: a penny for your thoughts.
Analysis
Fine girl from a comfortable family weds her sweetheart who ticked all the right boxes or available boxes in this case.
But on closer inspection, you discover sweetheart has a failing: he is too sweet. Mom & Dad love him, Everyone loves him, so he never experienced making difficult decisions on his own for himself, hence the lack of a certain unique masculine quality informally called: BALLS.
Solution
You made your bed, please lie on it!

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by onegig(m): 10:39am On Jun 27, 2015
stag:

It certainly checks out!
But her fourth finger is occupied bro cheesy

And I wasn't even referring to her status, more like her husband's status as regards the in-laws.
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Mznaett: 10:48am On Jun 27, 2015
Uscofield Aks na
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by francescainnoce(f): 11:20am On Jun 27, 2015
We only have one GOD who is same for everyone who believes in him. Therefore if he spoke to your in laws in regards to your job, I'm most definitely sure he can speak to you to.
Go down on your knees with fasting and prayers, ask him and he shall answer you.
Your in-laws might actually have good intentions for you unno so pls don't rule out that possibility.
All that sparkles are not diamonds...

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by BornnAgainChild(f): 11:48am On Jun 27, 2015
zinachidi:
ask them if they'll be paying u monthly like the NGO, if they say no, then take the job... All dese inlaws wey no want pesin prosperity.. Jobs are hard to find nowadays

Most especially when they know there sons package wudnt be as big as urs in the new job,they would try all within there means to bring u down so u wouldnt be more succesfful than there pickin wey marry u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out / What My Wife Did Yesterday That Made Me Realize She's Special / Photo: Can This Kind Of Relationship Exist Again In This World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.