Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! (39616 Views)

My Son Won't Let Me Get Any Action / She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. / What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by BornnAgainChild(f): 11:55am On Jun 27, 2015
sexaddict08:
kneel down n beg them. if they insist forget them, na enemy of progress.

Never do that to an in-law even when its clear you on the right part,cos no soon as u try that they would always expect you to resolve issues through that,rem once a thief always a thief so applys to once you kneel down always a kneel down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 27, 2015
What's the nature of the job?
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Saraha1(f): 12:27pm On Jun 27, 2015
Hmm. This is serious
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by drealtruth(m): 12:36pm On Jun 27, 2015
southernbelle:
i feel your husband should handle this one, not your in-laws. if he knows you are really passionate about it, then he should put his foot down. unless he doesn't want you to have the job as well?
Seconded... I wonder what the Husband is doing that his parents are making a crucial decision concerning his wife.. In-Laws should back off and stop interfering in the affairs of grown Up Adults.they can only advise and not enforce. 1st Discuss d Issue with ur husband and then Approach a genuine Career counsellor or Man of God for Advise but the decision should be yours.

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by blackprowler: 1:16pm On Jun 27, 2015
deebee13:
So I got married recently, and my in laws are quite religious. Last week I got a new job after waiting for so long for it... T

he problem now is, my in-laws claim they prayed about it, and I shouldn't take d job. It's at an NGO, with a beautiful package and future for me.

I also have till 2nd of July to give my answer to the regional office.

I need mature advices on how to handle this matter pls!!!

Good luck for the rest of your life since you signed "till death do us part." Your in-laws are part of the normal people in Nigeria, who are the problem with Nigeria. Good Luck!

2 Likes

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Mamaflex(f): 1:33pm On Jun 27, 2015
diamondtutu:

Wtf is funny,will u lose ur marriage all for a job?
Do I know you? undecided

I would have answered your question, but I won't give you that honour.

I have made your day by replying you.

Now, be gone!!
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by CutieViva(f): 1:46pm On Jun 27, 2015
deebee13:
So I got married recently, and my in laws are quite religious. Last week I got a new job after waiting for so long for it... T

he problem now is, my in-laws claim they prayed about it, and I shouldn't take d job. It's at an NGO, with a beautiful package and future for me.

U should knw Y dey dont want it & den talk it ovr wit ur hubby.
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by uscofield: 1:57pm On Jun 27, 2015
Mznaett:
Uscofield Aks na

OK, got that.
Send me ur contact via u.scofield@yahoo.com
Will be waiting.
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 27, 2015
deebee13:

This is not an issue. It never was. Take the job! Don't ever beg them or try to reason with them. If your husband finally make up his mind about the job, be sure to clarify whether it was based on his parents decision or not. However his opinion should be irrelevant if he never had an issue with the job in the first place until your in-laws butted in.

NB- it seems that they have misunderstood your humility for stupidity, you wouldn't want them to control what goes in your family or run your life for you, would you? Then you need to set a boundary for your them. I am not advising you to stop respecting them however you need to cut out the unnecessary and necessary extras. Don't try to argue with them, limit the number of jokes you crack with them, when you make your decisions stand by them and go ahead with them. All you need to sgive them are “Yes sir and Yes ma". The only person that you needed to consult is your husband but I think he is not strong enough to take decisions without his family influencing them.
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by onelife97: 3:55pm On Jun 27, 2015
Sunofgod:

The answer is simple . . .. . . . . Choose between your 'husband' and the views of Nairalanders!

May God bless you.The best answer I have read on this thread so far.

@op if you think your job will be the source of your happiness,you can take it and start destroying your family little by llittle.
You can always come back here and tell NLers and make another thread a la "how I lost my family".

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Batman123: 4:57pm On Jun 27, 2015
uncommonice:
Your profile picture really speak volumes of you & your lifestyle. No wonder they don't want you taking that job. They're trying to avoid chaos in the near future
The picture is not her. The lady in that picture is a Ghanaian plus size model.

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 27, 2015
adiwils:
All of You that commented forgot to investigate properly what could have lead to their decision not to allow her to go for the job. Well, I checked her Dp and what I saw was an extremely beautiful and sexy babe that could drive any oga for work crazy. So they are afraid that their son may loose her to men of insatiable lost for women and may be the job is of the marketing section where she would have to be going out to look for donours for the org. Left to me I surport their veiws she should just stay and work as a house wife for the time being after bearing 2 to 3 kids. Henhen she can then be released for ouside job shikena.

Ode!

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 27, 2015
nkem123:

do u know if she is flirt who take chances at every slightest opportunity? do u know how she managed and under d condition she got d job? she wouldn't tell us how she got d job, and d type of woman she is.I sense something is not right here.

In-laws o not husbandundecided
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by kennylawd: 6:10pm On Jun 27, 2015
deebee13:

You need to know God for your self or else you will ruin your life and your marriage and may end up with out remedy. You need to be born again and confess Jesus Christ as you personal Lord and Saviour then you can seek for his guidance on what to do. It's not a physical thing but spiritual but you are going to come out victorious if you can accept Jesus and ask him to lead you. Once God is with you you won't regret any decision God has led you to. Don't trust any advice but God's leading through Christ Jesus. And you will be happy and make your husband proud and your in-law will respect you for only decision that Jesus has given to you.
Stay on the loving grip of Christ.
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by nkem123(m): 6:56pm On Jun 27, 2015
Insidous:

In-laws o not husbandundecided
some husband would allow their parents push for their own interest in disguise.so, who knows if this falls under such scenario
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 27, 2015
nkem123:

some husband would allow their parents push for their own interest in disguise.so, who knows if this falls under such scenario

My position still remain the same
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Femistico(m): 8:10pm On Jun 27, 2015
That's why I can't and won't marry from a too religious family (S.U's) bcuz dey stinks..

btw @op dis is ur future, if they didn't want u to accept the job then divorce the man and get on with ur life..men plenty for town..

they dont want ur progress..I blive
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by AdimGreat(f): 9:54pm On Jun 27, 2015
zinachidi:
ask them if they'll be paying u monthly like the NGO, if they say no, then take the job... All dese inlaws wey no want pesin prosperity.. Jobs are hard to find nowadays
Lovely name/moniker
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by zinachidi(m): 1:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
AdimGreat:
Lovely name/moniker
well thank you...
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by zinachidi(m): 1:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
AdimGreat:
Lovely name/moniker
well thank you...
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by ebiskem(m): 2:10pm On Dec 26, 2015
END TIME JOB!!!
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by bellotaofeek: 2:41am On Jun 14, 2017
In laws ? Which kind ppl like that ? Sometimes we need to lock up on some issues cos getting a good job these days is by grace , if God is not by your side someone else could have got the job . Just pray on your own and consult your pastors or Imam for support . All is well with you . The funniest , the so call inlaws will tag you jobless soon if you can't take care of your home .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What My Wife Did Yesterday That Made Me Realize She's Special / Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram / "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.