Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! (91772 Views)

Nigerian Lady, Opeyemi, Bags First Class Degree In Law From UK University / Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law / Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 27, 2015
And if you are still in school, as in undergraduate, do all you can to come out with good grades to avoid all these remedial hurdles.
Prevention is better than cure.

6 Likes

Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by akingbatope: 9:14am On Jun 27, 2015
Ndkings1:

How pls?
third class has notin to do with destine iis d superior,many first, second class,dot met job at hand,prayer is d key,3class is still a gud grade
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by DandyWalker(m): 9:16am On Jun 27, 2015
pring:
People keep deceiving them themselves with degree.
There is no billionaire that has a degree.
So you have to be a billionaire to live a meaningful life abi? Another black man talking.
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by Icon4s(m): 9:17am On Jun 27, 2015
ozo13:
Some chaps finished with pass in dr university bt dey r under nnpc working now

Lies and self deceit.
For the past 8 yrs NNPC has nt recruited anybody with less than a 2:1. I am nt talking abt contract staff. Quote me any where.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by AroOkigbo(m): 9:18am On Jun 27, 2015
herbert7:
Re: Kogi State University 2015/16 Admission Processes Is On Now Apply Here by herbert7: 4:42am
REASON WHY SHOULD STUDY IN PHILIPPINES

International Accredited Universities- Philippines is home of tope universities that has produced worlds caliber in different fields from medicine, science, business, politics foreign studies and have hundreds of foreign enrollees and studies every year.

English as Official Language- Philippines is considered as one of the top English speaking countries and top English speaking country in Asia. English is its second official language and that schools use English as theor teaching command.

Low cost of living- Foreign students can enjoy balancing their lifestyle while spending less money. In the Philippines, you can rent a dormitory or an apartment unit in just less than $50 or Php2,000 a month. Not to mention the less expense in food, clothing and leisure.

Western-based Pattern of education- Education pattern and curriculum in the Philippines is westernize and modern. Since Filipinos are widely recognized in the medical field, more foreign students in the Philippines and taking Medicine, Nursing and other medical courses.

Friendly Filipinos!- The Filipinos are natural born hospitable and friendly. That’s what Filipinos are loved for. You can meet a lot of new friends easily and they will tour you around without hearing complaints or aloofness. Filipinos treat you as part of the family, will invite you to come over their house to know you better. That way, you will not miss your country so much because you know you are loved in your new community.

Education Programs- To attract more foreign students, the government created different education programs and university programs that aims to provide better education for foreign workers. One of these programs is the ‘Philippine ESL (English as a Second Language) Tour Program,’ in which the study of English forms part of a structured tour package. Studying English becomes more exciting and fun through dynamic and creative ways of learning where participants get to interact, practice, and use English more often in real-life settings thru games, outdoor activities, excursions, and immersions. Aside from learning the English language, participants get to see the beautiful sceneries of the Philippine countryside and immerse with the local culture.

Protection, guaranteed!- Colleges and universities that has foreign students has more stricter protection for their foreign nationals students. 24 hour security and schools with CCTV cameras are installed around the campuses.

a gr8 opportunity for a third class student to enroll in master program..exchange students are allowed to finish up in philippines

Leisure, Culture, and Fun!- Filipinos are known for always being happy and fun loving. The Filipinos has adapted western culture over the years due to the presence of different nationals in the country. International-owned companies are in the country like restaurants, boutiques, resorts and private companies.

Faster and Easy Visa Application- Unlike any other countries, the Philippines is much loose in terms of accepting foreign students since its aim is to provide better education and promote the education system of the country,visa is 100% sure,once you have a genuine admission letter from any designated univsty

tuition in philippines is among the lowest in the world,payable per semester,about 400usd approximately 60-70k in naira per semstr

kindly contact me if u will need my assistance,am presently a pastor in philippines,as wel taking up a master program here-

+6390647997909(WATTSAPP)
+639186574594
email- herbertmols@yahoo.com

admission is on..God bless.
I nearly fell for this until I read the line "am presently a pastor in Philippines"...then my sensors came alive.
Interested nairalanders, please beware.
##I'm a christian too##

6 Likes

Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by sasquareT(m): 9:19am On Jun 27, 2015
Icon4s:

Just be their & b lying to ur self and other gullible fellows.

Nigerian system is structured that after graduating from school u go & compete for d few available jobs. And what u need to stand a chance is a good grade. When i say good grade I mean a First Class or Second Class Upper.

Besides is it everybody dat is gifted in si nging like Timaya. Btw do u know there are several Timayas out there that are nt really making it from singing?

Let me ask u simple question. If u train ur child through school and he comes home with a pass will u tell him the trash u wrote
up there?
Don't mind him d guy actually graduate with third class perhaps with something worse self so he is trying to console himself with Timaya cock and bull story......
What worth doing is worth doing well...third class is bad period go on and improve yourself and God will help you.

2 Likes

Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by Icon4s(m): 9:20am On Jun 27, 2015
akingbatope:
third class has notin to do with destine iis d superior,many first, second class,dot met job at hand,prayer is d key,3class is still a gud grade

How many first class or 2:1 graduates have u met in life. How many 3rd class graduates have u met in life. Compare their achievements like 5-10 yrs after school.
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by CSTR2: 9:21am On Jun 27, 2015
I have seen too much in this life to allow anybody write his/herself off because of a not so optimal result.
The first person to get a job in my set in school was a guy with 3rd class . He got a job before we finished our final year.
While the rest of us (the so-called scholars) were reading like mad and praying that our 4.7 CGPA did not drop by 0.1, this smart young man already got a job at an oil-servicing coy.

3 Likes

Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 27, 2015
herbert7:
Re: Kogi State University 2015/16 Admission Processes Is On Now Apply Here by herbert7: 4:42am

International Accredited Universities- Philippines is home of tope universities that has produced worlds caliber in different fields from medicine, science, business, politics foreign studies and have hundreds of foreign enrollees and studies every year.

English as Official Language- Philippines is considered as one of the top English speaking countries and top English speaking country in Asia. English is its second official language and that schools use English as theor teaching command.

Low cost of living- Foreign students can enjoy balancing their lifestyle while spending less money. In the Philippines, you can rent a dormitory or an apartment unit in just less than $50 or Php2,000 a month. Not to mention the less expense in food, clothing and leisure.

Western-based Pattern of education- Education pattern and curriculum in the Philippines is westernize and modern. Since Filipinos are widely recognized in the medical field, more foreign students in the Philippines and taking Medicine, Nursing and other medical courses.

Friendly Filipinos!- The Filipinos are natural born hospitable and friendly. That’s what Filipinos are loved for. You can meet a lot of new friends easily and they will tour you around without hearing complaints or aloofness. Filipinos treat you as part of the family, will invite you to come over their house to know you better. That way, you will not miss your country so much because you know you are loved in your new community.

Education Programs- To attract more foreign students, the government created different education programs and university programs that aims to provide better education for foreign workers. One of these programs is the ‘Philippine ESL (English as a Second Language) Tour Program,’ in which the study of English forms part of a structured tour package. Studying English becomes more exciting and fun through dynamic and creative ways of learning where participants get to interact, practice, and use English more often in real-life settings thru games, outdoor activities, excursions, and immersions. Aside from learning the English language, participants get to see the beautiful sceneries of the Philippine countryside and immerse with the local culture.

Protection, guaranteed!- Colleges and universities that has foreign students has more stricter protection for their foreign nationals students. 24 hour security and schools with CCTV cameras are installed around the campuses.

a gr8 opportunity for a third class student to enroll in master program..exchange students are allowed to finish up in philippines

Leisure, Culture, and Fun!- Filipinos are known for always being happy and fun loving. The Filipinos has adapted western culture over the years due to the presence of different nationals in the country. International-owned companies are in the country like restaurants, boutiques, resorts and private companies.

Faster and Easy Visa Application- Unlike any other countries, the Philippines is much loose in terms of accepting foreign students since its aim is to provide better education and promote the education system of the country,visa is 100% sure,once you have a genuine admission letter from any designated univsty

tuition in philippines is among the lowest in the world,payable per semester,about 400usd approximately 60-70k in naira per semstr

kindly contact me if u will need my assistance,am presently a pastor in philippines,as wel taking up a master program here-

+6390647997909(WATTSAPP)
+639186574594

Very dangerous country. They are prone to natural disaster. Their economy is not even as buoyant as that of Malaysia and Indonesia.
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by Icon4s(m): 9:26am On Jun 27, 2015
CSTR2:
I have seen too much in this life to allow anybody write his/herself off because of a not so optimal result.
The first person to get a job in my set in school was a guy with 3rd class . He got a job before we finished our final year.
While the rest of us (the so-called scholars) were reading like mad and praying that our 4.7 CGPA did not drop by 0.1, this smart young man already got a job at an oil-servicing coy.

With what qualification did he get the job?
Probably an ND.
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by msmon(m): 9:27am On Jun 27, 2015
adeh39:

Okay but you should have just ignore him nahsad

Some peeps are just jobless, he's just trying to keep himself busywink

No forget me sha ooo

You know what Ade, he coincidentally stop spamming the threads after that bashing. Maybe he's only taking a rest anyway.
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 27, 2015
msmon:

You know what Ade, he coincidentally stop spamming the threads after that bashing. Maybe he's only taking a rest anyway.

Okay ooo......I rest my case cheesy
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by donefezy: 9:32am On Jun 27, 2015
prettyjo:
.....I heard 3.0 is now the standard cut off for those that want to do their masters.how true is this?
Very true..but this applies only for fedral universities,but not all of them sha.e.g University of ilorin doesn't make use of 3.0 cgpa but they also donot collect 3rd class candidate
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by Collinsemegreat(m): 9:35am On Jun 27, 2015
herbert7:

+6390647997909(WATTSAPP)
+639186574594

it's my dream to study there! Pls, how is pharmacy degree over there?
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by kelechi50: 9:39am On Jun 27, 2015
I've been trying to post on nairaland but to no avial can somebody guide me through
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by amazingspiderma: 9:46am On Jun 27, 2015
A post like this is encouraging to people,because despite differences,we still have a place to encorage one another. I want to thank the OP for been open and courageous,you did not only save yourself from worrying,but you have save others as well.And lastly thank all wonderful contributors to this post. See you at the top.
peeta89:
Good evening good people of Nairaland. I was the person who shared my 3rd class experience on Nairaland. These are the steps to apply for Post Graduate Diploma (P.Gd)!!!

First of all look for any University in Nigeria that are selling their post graduate form.
Then after that go to the particular University that you graduated from and apply for your transcript. Then within 3weeks the transcript will be posted to the University you wish to do your Pgd. Note : transcript will not be given by hand it would be posted to the University of choice.

Make sure the deadline for the closing date of sales of form is still very far before u go and apply for your transcript. And above all when you must av applied and you are giving the admission you try to make up to the cut off for you to proceed to do your M.Sc immediately.
Like in my school where I am doing my P.Gd the cut off is 60%. I really appreciate the encouragement I got from Nairalanders.

I received over 250bbm invites from Nairalanders today over this 3rd class issue. I tried my best to attend to all of them. That's why I decided to post this here so everyone can view it. All my hands are paining me for responding to bbm messages since morning till dis evening over this issue. Thank you all for the love.

3 Likes

Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by PocoAPoco57: 9:53am On Jun 27, 2015
Third fuckingggggg class? Were you smoking weed all those years in uni?

2 Likes

Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by MrsAnyanwu(f): 9:59am On Jun 27, 2015
Miscellaneous:
Azzinn 3rd class cast o……… all undergraduate should aim 1st class
did u get a first class? As in I don't understand why some mofos are talking lyk dis ,its annoying I swear , haba, the OP needs advice nd some mofos are just spewing trash from deir gutters, na wa oooo ,if everybody gets first class ,there wld still be unemployment, no be lecturer dem go do, is dere evn space in universities to accommodate all, pls think before u type Next tym, jah bless

4 Likes

Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by Johncuppa(m): 9:59am On Jun 27, 2015
obinoral1179:
thanks bro but hope their money is not too much and how is the quality of their lecturer?

I finished from Lautech. It is one of d best state universities, competing wt Federal skus. The lecturers are quality, the certificate is highly recognise. You can google the name to read more abt d SKU n ow their graduates are doing.
Wish u d best!
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by Sejeje: 9:59am On Jun 27, 2015
Maximus85:

If you finished from lasu, then you are a dead meat cos it will take then 10years to forward your transcript if ever they do. The most useless glorified secondary school ever.
pls is it transcript for a third class or for all classes of degree that takes up to ten years.
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 27, 2015
Icon4s:

Jst be lying and b deceiving ur self.
Don't mind them that's all they say Sergey Brin owner of Google was working on his PhD when he discovered Google. Most of the richest men in the world all went to ivy league schools. Let them just keep deluding themselves
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by ijekul(m): 10:07am On Jun 27, 2015
can I do a pgd in law?
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by MrsAnyanwu(f): 10:10am On Jun 27, 2015
sonofananimal:

MY BROTHER NA STILL THAT SAME JOB MARKET OHH.
NA TO DEY JUMP FROM ONE COMPANY TO ANOTHER WITH CV LIKE FROG.
hahhhaahhhaaaa abeg free me oo, which one be frog , hahhhaahhhaaaa
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by MrsAnyanwu(f): 10:10am On Jun 27, 2015
sonofananimal:

MY BROTHER NA STILL THAT SAME JOB MARKET OHH.
NA TO DEY JUMP FROM ONE COMPANY TO ANOTHER WITH CV LIKE FROG.
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by ozallamike(m): 10:10am On Jun 27, 2015
Guy thanks so much
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by Johncuppa(m): 10:10am On Jun 27, 2015
kelechi50:
I've been trying to post on nairaland but to no avial can somebody guide me through
Just comment on a post. After u av submitted d comment , you Will see create new topic button. Click on it and u r gud to create new topic.

1 Like

Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by judedwriter(m): 10:16am On Jun 27, 2015
Fertilenigeria:
Finishing school with first class, second class, third class or pass has nothing to do with life's success after school.

Have you heard that Timaya had 16 over 400 in jamb? But where is he now compared to some professor?

Life in the community is entirely a different ball game. Its now up to you to discover what you can do best while you are young.

this will be your tool for success. So, its not by third class. Do more for yourself
abi o, its what u do well or your gift that makes u stand b4 kings not paper qualifications. Too much emphasis on degrees is burying many talents in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by MrsAnyanwu(f): 10:17am On Jun 27, 2015
AroOkigbo:

I nearly fell for this until I read the line "am presently a pastor in Philippines"...then my sensors came alive.
Interested nairalanders, please beware.
##I'm a christian too##
na wa 4 u ooo, u funny I swear

1 Like

Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 27, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:

THAT THING DEY REALLY STRESSFUL OHH, I REMEMBER WHEN I HAVE TO TRAVEL FROM LAGOS TO KADUNA FOR INTERVIEW
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by MrsAnyanwu(f): 10:22am On Jun 27, 2015
PocoAPoco57:
Third fuckingggggg class? Were you smoking weed all those years in uni?
would u shut up ur dirty gutter of a mouth

3 Likes

Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by lastpage: 10:29am On Jun 27, 2015
Fertilenigeria:
Finishing school with first class, second class, third class or pass has nothing to do with life's success after school.

Have you heard that Timaya had 16 over 400 in jamb? But where is he now compared to some professor?

Life in the community is entirely a different ball game. Its now up to you to discover what you can do best while you are young.

this will be your tool for success. So, its not by third class. Do more for yourself

You are one of those DUNCES who foolishly equate "having KNOWLEDGE" .....with "having MONEY"!
If we dig deeper, most likely you are a school drop-out or a stark illiterate! angry angry

Education is Knowledge, ...... any FOOL can have money, .......just like any "Rich Fool" can go broke! undecided undecided
Go and ask some of our Nigerian footballers. wink wink

Education takes time to accomplish..... it takes years and years.
Money can be made "overnight", like in winning a lottery!
undecided
So, the two are miles apart, independent of each other and both have their place in the life of a person

If you want to make "comparisons", there are millions of Very Rich and Well Educated folks out there.

Fela Anikulapo Kuti was an accomplished Musician, even after his death,till today, his musical rights still rakes-in Millions of Dollars, yet he was a graduate and holds a Masters Degree from the Trinity (University) College in Dublin.
And all you need to do is compare the LYRICS of his music (and the sense/philosophy in it) ... to that of the likes of Timaya! grin grin
Then you will get my drift that "Education" has its place,... and money has its own place too but they are miles apart

But it is a very easy to know an "illiterate/uneducated", rich person.

Kappish?

Lastpage!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by MrsAnyanwu(f): 10:30am On Jun 27, 2015
sonofananimal:

THAT THING DEY REALLY STRESSFUL OHH, I REMEMBER WHEN I HAVE TO TRAVEL FROM LAGOS TO KADUNA FOR INTERVIEW
I understand dear, it is well, God wld grant ur heart's desires

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Happie Boys 'Clubbing And Drinking' In Cyprus / 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam / Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.